Ocelot

Anime/Manga Recommendations

»Ocelot    2319

max i've heard beck is really good but i haven't had a chance to watch it yet

i have vacation this week so i'll update this thread and probably watch it

i dont feel like writing ou a reccomendation for these, if CJ wants he can just im me on and ill edit in but for manga

20071228153117.jpg

mirai_nikki.jpg

Mirai Nikki

imo this ones awesome for how batshit insane yuno is

Jojos-Bizarre-Adventure1_50.jpg

imo this is a staple whether you like shonen or not.

i dont feel like writing ou a reccomendation for these, if CJ wants he can just im me on and ill edit in but for manga

20071228153117.jpg

mirai_nikki.jpg

Mirai Nikki

imo this ones awesome for how batshit insane yuno is

Jojos-Bizarre-Adventure1_50.jpg

imo this is a staple whether you like shonen or not.

ilu

AwaAwa    11

I don't see why so many people find Mirai Nikki to be that good; it's not. Liar Game, however, is fantastic, so that's a good recommendation, as is JoJo.

fake    4788

recommend me other short series similar to kino no tabi.

Ghosty    31

Alright, I think I'm in the mood for some goodness; I'll watch some of these. ;]

Thanks for the recommendations.

fake    4788

r u sure these animes r gud they have bad graphics

Weezy    0

Lookin for somethin interesting. Really into animes like geass death note one outs etc...

Have seen or am watching

Code Geass r1 and R2

One Outs

Naruto

Bleach

Monster

Pandora Hearts

Phantom Requiem for the Phantom

Death Note

Eva

Kaiji

Darker than Black

Liar Game

Ghost in a Shell

Gundam 00 SS

07-Ghost

»infinite    2317

#6 Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad

510XRJKPN4L._SS500_.jpg

Borrowed from wikipedia:

Yukio, known by his friends as "Koyuki", is a regular 14-year-old Japanese boy who enters junior high school with two childhood acquaintances. One is a useless pervert, and ironically the other is a highly sought after female student. Koyuki's boring life is changed when he saves an odd-looking dog, named Beck, from some kids. Beck's owner turns out to be an emerging rock musician, Ryûsuke Minami, who soon influences Koyuki to start playing the guitar, and even gives one to him.

The story focuses on the trials and tribulations of their rock band named BECK, and an important plot that deals with Koyuki's relationship with Ryûsuke's sister, Maho.

Koyuki, who was plagued by his boring existence, gradually matured through experiences with the band and began to discover who he really was.

+rei+    34637
will try to when i get around to it after finals

you dont rly have anything to format

»infinite    2317

#7 Gungrave: The Animation

Gungrave_anime_cover.jpg

An anime based on the very stylish but very shallow PS2 game Gungrave may seem like a disaster waiting to happen but Mad house studios works overtime to make this a work of art. The story follows Brandon Heat, a hit man for a fictional mob like crime syndicate who was killed and brought back to life to get revenge on his former best friend Harry Mcdowell who seized control of the syndicate. However the anime does thing a bit differently by showing us a Harry and Brandon rising in ranks into the organization. As a result we grow more attach to the characters and emphasize with all of them understand their plights and why they are where they at towards the end. Simply put its a great story that develops it's characters well. The series really feels like it's divided into parts, one being the mob story and the other being a scifi revenge story. The second part holds up well and does certain things differently from the game that fans might be able to appreciate (in other words, they try to make sense.) My only complaint with the series is that the second part just isn't as good as the first but it's understandable considering the room they had to work with. I highly recommend any anime fan see it. Stylish and sastifying action scenes and great story telling is a really good combination.

+rei+    34637

I'm going to continue to describe the series before naming it because I am that awesome

Anyway, blending sci-fi, slice of life, a touch of unwanted harem, some fantasy and mystery in there, a touch of romance because what anime doesn't, and touches of every other genre you can come up with. And at the centre of this clusterfuck is... a god. Seriously.

It's better than it sounds. A dozen times over.

Okay first and foremost the god doesn't quite realize she is one, but she's still a batshit crazy genki girl. She's also, thankfully, not our narrator, who is one of the most deadpan and hilarious commentators on this surreal... i dont have a good word here and dont want to use clusterfuck again. Point is the narrator / main character is hilarious. The entire five man band that comprises the main cast is damn easy to get attached to, and the twists and turns of the series, while few and far between, seem to hold so much more relevance because we actually do give a fuck about these people. Not to mention the cast is somewhat genre savvy which means the fourth wall takes a good leaning on with hilarious results.

Beyond that the art style is beautiful (which will make watching Lucky Star that much dirtier as Lucky Star's Konata constantly references the series... and has the same voice actress as aformentioned GOD AM I), the animation is fluid, and the series can be hilarious, batshit crazy, and well laden with mindfuckery.

Also note that the broadcast order does not even resemble chronological order.

#8 The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

the-melancholy-of-suzumiya-haruhi-dance-

Weezy    0

Gungrave was pretty good

Need more anime

Fav anime titles: Death Note Code Geass

What I have already seen:

Code Geass r1 and R2

One Outs

Naruto

Bleach

FMA

FMA Brotherhood

Monster

Pandora Hearts

Phantom Requiem for the Phantom

Death Note

Eva

Kaiji

Darker than Black

Liar Game

Ghost in a Shell

Elfen Lied

FAte stay night

Trigun

Gundam 00 SS

07-Ghost

Chaod;Head

Claymore

Spiral

Higurashi... some name I cant spell

Paranoia Agent

Black Cat

Eva 1.0

Genera: Lookin for somethint hat will make me keep on wondering what happens next.I really into mental battles and interesting and intricate plots

Side note : animation quality is kinda of big factor for me. Well designed characters always make the show more enjoyable for me. Clamp did an amazing job in geass

Guest Primary   
Guest Primary
recommend me other short series similar to kino no tabi.

now and then, here and there (ima, soko ni iru boku)

Max    430

Mushishi is awesome. Kino no Tabi too.

Guest Primary   
Guest Primary
muishishi is as good but 24 episodes. =\

apparently some people like short animes =\

i think you misinterpreted what he said, dumb nigger.

muishishi is as good but 24 episodes. =\

apparently some people like short animes =\

i think you misinterpreted what he said, dumb nigger.

hey, fuck you

Kai    25

I am sad that no1 likes the same Anime as me. =[

Although NGE and FLCL are good. =]

Makku-Kun    51

Hey Ive seen a lot of anime and have run out of ones to watch. Can you guys recommend a couple of your favs to me please?