Sign in to follow this  
xnbapro

Having a split life?

xnbapro    1

I need some advice on how to move on from things you know you should just move on. In the past, at least for me, it just takes time.

I am a normal kid, tall good looking, white from southern california. Half of my friends know I play yugioh, the other half dont. No girls know i play yugioh. I have been trying to move on from yugioh in the past and just cant do it. It isnt really ruining my life, but i would like to quit just because i would like to be part of the other part of my life.

I would like to still have some stake in the game, but how do you people have a strong social life while playing yugioh? Do people know you play yugioh? Or do you have a split life like me?

In other words, should I just not tell people I play or just quit? I kinda want to quit just because im tired of keeping a secret, but at the same time i dont want to.

Get Sacked    0
I need some advice on how to move on from things you know you should just move on. In the past, at least for me, it just takes time.

I am a normal kid, tall good looking, white from southern california. Half of my friends know I play yugioh, the other half dont. No girls know i play yugioh. I have been trying to move on from yugioh in the past and just cant do it. It isnt really ruining my life, but i would like to quit just because i would like to be part of the other part of my life.

I would like to still have some stake in the game, but how do you people have a strong social life while playing yugioh? Do people know you play yugioh? Or do you have a split life like me?

In other words, should I just not tell people I play or just quit? I kinda want to quit just because im tired of keeping a secret, but at the same time i dont want to.

lol same story here ive been debating this for years.

»Ryu    2416

in b4 shitstorm

dude you really just got to do what you want and hope people accept you for who you are and what you do. if they dont then idt they are worth having around, do you?

IAmTheGreat    3772

Most of my friends I have I met playing yugioh. All the girls Ive dated or messed around with also knew this. Basically its all about the confidence. Eventually you just have to stop giving a shit about what people think, because anyone who is a good person wont give a damn.

Get Sacked    0
Most of my friends I have I met playing yugioh. All the girls Ive dated or messed around with also knew this. Basically its all about the confidence. Eventually you just have to stop giving a shit about what people think, because anyone who is a good person wont give a damn.

lol that is harder than it sounds.

xnbapro    1

you are a little different than me. i had tons of friends, and then meet some yugioh friends. however, these kids i never would want to hang out with in public. they are just too different than me when it comes to everything else. it is like i belong in two worlds lol

i think i need to realize in the long run yugioh doesnt matter. i would like to keep my "normal" friends for the rest of my life, so i feel like i need to spend more time with them and quit yugioh.

idk it is just a hard decision

Get Sacked    0

you are a little different than me. i had tons of friends, and then meet some yugioh friends. however, these kids i never would want to hang out with in public. they are just too different than me when it comes to everything else. it is like i belong in two worlds lol

i think i need to realize in the long run yugioh doesnt matter. i would like to keep my "normal" friends for the rest of my life, so i feel like i need to spend more time with them and quit yugioh.

idk it is just a hard decision

wow just wow i knew i was normal my girlfriend doesnt even know i play lol.

xnbapro    1

i dont get your post. obviously it is sarcastic, but i dont know what your directing it at

Get Sacked    0
i dont get your post. obviously it is sarcastic, but i dont know what your directing it at

not joking we the same. U said u live in socal u goin to the jump.

IAmTheGreat    3772

I cant understand how you can have a girlfriend that doesnt know you play, but I guess whatever works for you.

I know what you mean about having yugioh friends that you normally wouldnt hang out with, but like I posted earlier, you have to not give a shit. If they are good people and good friends you can end up having a good time. Though I can say that it can get annoying when all your friends end up wanting to do is play cards and do nothing else.

xnbapro    1

ya i should be vending what about you?

Get Sacked    0

im planning to scrub out, i have no confidence this format its all 50/50.

Get Sacked    0
I cant understand how you can have a girlfriend that doesnt know you play, but I guess whatever works for you.

I know what you mean about having yugioh friends that you normally wouldnt hang out with, but like I posted earlier, you have to not give a shit. If they are good people and good friends you can end up having a good time. Though I can say that it can get annoying when all your friends end up wanting to do is play cards and do nothing else.

easy dont tell her

»Paxman    4776

Most people I know and girls I have dated have known I was a talented yu-gi-oh player and now know I play WoW all the time.

The more secretive you are about something the more embarrassing it becomes. Don't be a wuss and just laugh at yourself.

Steelers    2
in b4 shitstorm

dude you really just got to do what you want and hope people accept you for who you are and what you do. if they dont then idt they are worth having around, do you?

God damn the bitch in ur shit has a fucking amazing ass.

FUCK

xnbapro    1

im planning to scrub out, i have no confidence this format its all 50/50.

so does that mean your going lol?

close friends know i play yugioh and they dont care, its not a secret but i obv dont go around saying "i play ygo"

Endless    333

If a childrens card game is causing you that much trouble i feel sorry for you

Guest Primary   
Guest Primary

alright, i'm going to be brutally honest because you seem to be acting like a cock, xnbapro.

you are a gigantic tool. if you want to play yugioh, then fucking play, if you don't want to, then fucking don't. it's that easy. if your friends and girlfriends don't know you play yugioh and you try hard to keep it a secret then here's a newsflash: you have no real friends and your girlfriend means nothing to you.

either quit the game or don't hide in secrecy like an insecure, immature, socially inept douchebag. (as much as you like to think you are at the height of the social pyramid, you are honestly right at the bottom if you have to hide a hobby from everyone). if your so-called friends are going to judge you because of your hobby or not hang out with you anymore because you play a game in your spare time then they are NOT, i repeat, they are NOT your friends and you should feel ashamed for tricking yourself into believing that they are

wake the fuck up.

xnbapro    1
alright, i'm going to be brutally honest because you seem to be acting like a cock, xnbapro.

you are a gigantic tool. if you want to play yugioh, then fucking play, if you don't want to, then fucking don't. it's that easy. if your friends and girlfriends don't know you play yugioh and you try hard to keep it a secret then here's a newsflash: you have no real friends and your girlfriend means nothing to you.

either quit the game or don't hide in secrecy like an insecure, immature, socially inept douchebag. (as much as you like to think you are at the height of the social pyramid, you are honestly right at the bottom if you have to hide a hobby from everyone). if your so-called friends are going to judge you because of your hobby or not hang out with you anymore because you play a game in your spare time then they are NOT, i repeat, they are NOT your friends and you should feel ashamed for tricking yourself into believing that they are

wake the fuck up.

good post

Carbon    1876

Many of my friends know that I play, and my last 2 ex girlfriends knew it.

It's my hobby and I enjoy playing this game, if people can't take that I don't give a shit tbh. As stated before I don't hid the fact that I play but I don't go around telling people for no reason.

Just do what makes you happy and if people are your friends they wont care.

Hax0r    5

lol my whole bball team, gf and friends know I play...no one gives a shit.

Basic Island    609

everyone i know knows i play yugioh.I tell em its like a job cause it kinda is. you make more in a day of trading/selling then u would working a normal job. They accept it. You just gotta learn to not care what ppl think.