Sign in to follow this  
xnbapro

Having a split life?

Light.    48
alright, i'm going to be brutally honest because you seem to be acting like a cock, xnbapro.

you are a gigantic tool. if you want to play yugioh, then fucking play, if you don't want to, then fucking don't. it's that easy. if your friends and girlfriends don't know you play yugioh and you try hard to keep it a secret then here's a newsflash: you have no real friends and your girlfriend means nothing to you.

either quit the game or don't hide in secrecy like an insecure, immature, socially inept douchebag. (as much as you like to think you are at the height of the social pyramid, you are honestly right at the bottom if you have to hide a hobby from everyone). if your so-called friends are going to judge you because of your hobby or not hang out with you anymore because you play a game in your spare time then they are NOT, i repeat, they are NOT your friends and you should feel ashamed for tricking yourself into believing that they are

wake the fuck up.

I agree.

If they are real friends it doesnt matter if they know you play YGO, its not going to effect them anyways . If you dislike having it as a secret ( that you play YGO ) from your friends, then just tell them and accept w/e decision they make whether its positive or negative . If you are confident then imo you have nothing to worry about , but it seems youre not that confident and are afraid that people might see you differently just because they know you play YGO.

When I still played YGO ( 2/3 years ago ) I told people aswell that I played , but in my experience it helped when you told what you could win with playing it , like laptop/ipod/wii/ds etc etc . Then they usually reply like 'wow nice shit'

der Koekje    48

Invite your friends/gf to watch your play. Once they see it's a real game requiring real thinking, and most other Yugioh players don't look like fucking D&D dwellers, they'll adjust their opinion.

Bazoo    5700

yeah I used to be exactly like this but it really comes down to are you confident enough in your humor and composure to make up for it. you shouldn't have to live by anyone's standards. only ridiculously insecure people would continue ragging on you for it, most people forget anyway, etc.

Guest Primary   
Guest Primary
Remember exactly what this was like.

Be strong you must.

Yes, the above.

damn you guys are bigger tools than i initially thought

SSJ Grumpig    5620

people don't care about you playing a children's card game nearly as much as you think they do, so many people make that mistake

OraCLe    21

My girlfriend knows and wanted to see me play irl.

»Starwind    1777

When I was in highschool and everyone found out I was laughed at and humilated and became depressed and suicidal and now I have to go to therapy and take antidepressants because I have no friends. Good luck.

• Upvote 1

Oceanus    1125

Hmmm, either I play a game that's my hobby that I love, or sacrifice it to be bored and do random dumb things that I don't care about with people just so I can call them my friends.

The most truest friends I've met yet have been initially because of yugi. My only other option are the acquaintances I know from school who are fun to hang out with and have no deep personal goals or real direction in life.

I'm going to live my life the way I want to. When you become tolerant and individualistic, you really don't care about others' judgment, because you do the things you like to do, you meet interesting people along the road of life, and if you meet somebody special who's just as tolerant and cool as you you get with her. It's a really easy road.

xnbapro    1
When I was in highschool and everyone found out I was laughed at and humilated and became depressed and suicidal and now I have to go to therapy and take antidepressants because I have no friends. Good luck.

fuckkkkk me

Carl    84

fuckkkkk me

He's lying. He has at least *one* friend.

I used to think that my truest friends were made through this game, and to some extent that is true. I quit about 1.5 years ago, and to this day I still value the friends I have met through this game a lot more than anyone I have met outside of a hobby shop. I also talk to them frequently... not as much as I'd like, but you know, I make an effort. You can balance your Yu-Gi-Oh! friends and other friends in one life, and you can toss the game if you want.

Just my $0.02.

We can put it this way. I have one friend who I have known for 12 years. I have known Tsugaru and Starwind for about... 5 years. If I had to trust my most prized possession with one of them, I'd go with the YGO friends every time. You can maintain your friendships without the use of cardboard.

»Starwind    1777

fuckkkkk me

He's lying. He has at least *one* friend.

I used to think that my truest friends were made through this game, and to some extent that is true. I quit about 1.5 years ago, and to this day I still value the friends I have met through this game a lot more than anyone I have met outside of a hobby shop. I also talk to them frequently... not as much as I'd like, but you know, I make an effort. You can balance your Yu-Gi-Oh! friends and other friends in one life, and you can toss the game if you want.

Just my $0.02.

Agreed. Can't wait to go golfing.

Carl    84

Dude, right? I'm stoked for you to get home.

@ OP: SEE WHAT I MEAN! 5 years later and it's still the same, brah. You can quit and easily maintain friendships, pretty much eliminating your problem. I had the same anxiety when I was deciding to quit, like I'd lose everything I had made through this. But I didn't lose, only gained.

.pr0turrek    2

winner

Get Sacked    0
alright, i'm going to be brutally honest because you seem to be acting like a cock, xnbapro.

you are a gigantic tool. if you want to play yugioh, then fucking play, if you don't want to, then fucking don't. it's that easy. if your friends and girlfriends don't know you play yugioh and you try hard to keep it a secret then here's a newsflash: you have no real friends and your girlfriend means nothing to you.

either quit the game or don't hide in secrecy like an insecure, immature, socially inept douchebag. (as much as you like to think you are at the height of the social pyramid, you are honestly right at the bottom if you have to hide a hobby from everyone). if your so-called friends are going to judge you because of your hobby or not hang out with you anymore because you play a game in your spare time then they are NOT, i repeat, they are NOT your friends and you should feel ashamed for tricking yourself into believing that they are

wake the fuck up.

sounds like u were made fun of alot in hs. I do believe im insecure and a little immature, but all the rest is bs. Trust me if the football team finds out i play my senior year will fukn suck

SSJ Grumpig    5620

wake the fuck up.

sounds like u were made fun of alot in hs. I do believe im insecure and a little immature, but all the rest is bs. Trust me if the football team finds out i play my senior year will fukn suck

you're a massive tool, have fun failing in life

Drizzt`    0
You get the best of both worlds

well played.

and Eric won the fuck out of this thread, also gl if girls randomly decide to google your name.

Guest Primary   
Guest Primary

wake the fuck up.

the football team huh? funny you should say that, where i live we make fun of the hilariously oblivious kids on the football team and the entire social group surrounding them.