Sign in to follow this  
xnbapro

Having a split life?

»Barron    7987
if you can't be cool and popular or whatever because you play world of warcraft the chances are you wouldn't be cool or popular even if you didn't play world of warcraft.

lol

Guest Primary   
Guest Primary

yeah who actually still plays ygo? lol

»Ryu    2416
if you can't be cool and popular or whatever because you play world of warcraft the chances are you wouldn't be cool or popular even if you didn't play world of warcraft.

looks good on paper but it doesnt really work like that in real life. whatever though.

__ecLIpSe`    11

I told some of my friends that I play pokemon gba games on my comp, we just laughed about it. no idea how someone would react to ygo though, my friends would probably rip me for it at first but it would pass after a few weeks.

I have quite a few friends i've known since i was like 4, so they most likely wouldn't care if i played ygo, since i'm quite a nice guy to be around irl. but if i did play ygo, i'd most likely be too embarrissed to admit it anyway, but if googled my name and found out that i topped x sjc, that would be so stupid and hard to confront.

so yeah, you should just like admit it jokingly...tell one of your close friends 'i was bored last night, so i thought back to primary (1st grade or whatever for the yanks), about how i used to play that card game ygo, and i downloaded a program. i spent 2 hours on that shit. LOL.'

and then one thing leads to another, etc. that way is pretty retarded, but if your strong mentally like cody, you could just tell them i guess. not everyone would have the confidence to admit something like that though.

Joe.    4932

I read the first 3-4 pages so this thread prob. isn't even on the topic any more.

But I kept it hidden without any difficulty from the PSV days until about a year ago. I started to young for any serious events, but went to Locals on Saturday. When I started playing more competitively in Sophomore Year of High School I started with a Regional here or there when they came around Boston and went to Montreal for that SJC. People just thought it was for fun, same thing when I went to Philly. I started getting a real close group of friends who were like "oh Joe's going away Saturday with Ron Paul buddies."

Finally one day I just decided to tell my closest friend. He thought it was pretty cool to be honest. He was like yeah I played when it first started and stuff. So he knows and thinks it cool.

I meet a girl 7 months ago and between the friend --> to girlfriend transition she googled my name and one day went.

"So what you doing Saturday?" (I had a Regional)... I'm like oh I don't know... she replied "Oh I know... can I come?"

She thought me playing was pretty cool, like really cool. She made me take her to a Regional which was pretty cool.

My girlfriend and bestfriend are the only people that know but I honestly wouldn't care if other people found out. I use to put my cards like under my bed when people come over, but I just leave it out now. I really don't care. I'm about to graduate high school and just be like... hey guys remember when I went to Montreal and Philly and New York and Ohio and Philly again and Anaheim... yeah.

I haven't had much difficulty living the "split life" but my friends wouldn't care one bit

»Nut    671

lol, my gfs best friend has a boyfriend who's...just like me. only different games. he plays starcraft and shit, so we relate in that way. both of our gfs are really interested in it for the most part, she even came to a counter-strike LAN with me in dallas a month or two ago. it was real fun.

i play M:TG now though and it's different than YGO because if you're good it's a legit career and there are no kids my age or younger playing really.

kraldaddy    39
Most of my friends I have I met playing yugioh. All the girls Ive dated or messed around with also knew this. Basically its all about the confidence. Eventually you just have to stop giving a shit about what people think, because anyone who is a good person wont give a damn.

this guy has a box of yugioh cards chilling by his bed and fizzed a woman the night b4 sometimes i wonder

SSJ Grumpig    5620

says the ogre

Semaj.    2263

I was scared to death to tell any one that I played for a while. Then I just started to not care. I told a few of my friends, and they just said "ok", and we went on with what we were doing.

Then I went to a few sjc's and then nats, and I put up pics from those events on my myspace and a few other friends asked me one day if I played, and I said yeah. They just said "cool" and again, we went on with what we were doing.

But I still don't openly go around and tell my friends, idk why, because at the same time, if they knew, I wouldnt care, and they wouldn't care that I played. Still idk.

In my english class this year, on mondays we would have "weekend updates" and everyone would just tell the rest of the class about their weekend. The mondays after sjc sanfran, and anaheim I wanted to stand up and just spit it out, but when it came time to do it, I couldn't. So idk, im nervous about it but once its out its like no big deal.

But at the same time, my ygo friends that ive made over the years are MUCH more close than friends at school. Like in the past year, I've slept over at my (ygo) friend austin's house like 15-20 times, and thats been it.I used to be super close with kids at school and ygo was just a weekend thing. But that was before I got into the competitive aspect of the game (regs and sjcs). But ive gone to regs since the chaos days so again idk.

This coming school year, my senior year, I want to be not more open about it, but I sorta want it to be out there. I think it will let me be closer to my school friends, because me being closed about ygo kinda separates me from them, like im in some sort of secret cult thing that I dont wanna talk about.

SSJ Grumpig    5620

drink the yugioh punch

RolesRoyse    0
I need some advice on how to move on from things you know you should just move on. In the past, at least for me, it just takes time.

I am a normal kid, tall good looking, white from southern california. Half of my friends know I play yugioh, the other half dont. No girls know i play yugioh. I have been trying to move on from yugioh in the past and just cant do it. It isnt really ruining my life, but i would like to quit just because i would like to be part of the other part of my life.

I would like to still have some stake in the game, but how do you people have a strong social life while playing yugioh? Do people know you play yugioh? Or do you have a split life like me?

In other words, should I just not tell people I play or just quit? I kinda want to quit just because im tired of keeping a secret, but at the same time i dont want to.

LOL, I have your pic..... >=]

610x.jpg

When I was in highschool and everyone found out I was laughed at and humilated and became depressed and suicidal and now I have to go to therapy and take antidepressants because I have no friends. Good luck.

fuckkkkk me

He's lying. He has at least *one* friend.

I used to think that my truest friends were made through this game, and to some extent that is true. I quit about 1.5 years ago, and to this day I still value the friends I have met through this game a lot more than anyone I have met outside of a hobby shop. I also talk to them frequently... not as much as I'd like, but you know, I make an effort. You can balance your Yu-Gi-Oh! friends and other friends in one life, and you can toss the game if you want.

Just my $0.02.

We can put it this way. I have one friend who I have known for 12 years. I have known Tsugaru and Starwind for about... 5 years. If I had to trust my most prized possession with one of them, I'd go with the YGO friends every time. You can maintain your friendships without the use of cardboard.

Amen to that.

I've always had friends outside of yugioh, and especially since I quit I made tons of friends through school, sports, etc. But still to this day I haven't met anyone thats as good of a friend as my friends back in the yugioh days. Starwind, Endless, Carl, Domino...even though I haven't talked to some of them/seen some of them in a long time, I would still trust them with anything and consider them the best friends I've ever had, regardless of the actual card game.