Welcome to DuelistGroundz
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Groups for pairings

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

Sidereal

Sidereal

I call em massa

• 舞etired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16403 posts
Group A:
1. Undisputed (2-3; +4)
2. A Day to Remember (2-3; +4)
3. The League
4. Paradox (2-3; +3)
5. Free Agents (0-5)
6. Hitlist (5-0; +12)
7. Theory in Practice (4-1; +16)

Group B:
1. Lovesong (4-2; +10)
2. State of Trance (0-6)
3. Starless (5-1; +16)
4. Fourshot (4-2; +18)
5. Supernova (4-2; +9)
6. Crossroads (2-4; +7)
7. Face2Face (2-4; +6)

I decided to roll 7 14 sided dice on AIM until I got no doubles and luckily the first one didn't have any. I numbered all the teams and this is how it ended up. With an odd amount of teams in each group, the only solutions would be having a team sit out for a round or have a team war 2 teams at the same time. Having a team sit out would only add an extra round which wouldn't add much time at all, so I think we're going with that.

For round 1, each group will play in 1-7, 2-6, 3-5 format. Team 4 will sit out for round 1 (Fourshot and Paradox). One of the team captains should make the thread in the Round 1 subforum. You can find each team's information in the Registered Teams thread. I will keep you guys informed on how inactivity will be handled, I'll be making a post in the Rules and Registrations thread eventually. Let's make it a fun ToC, good luck guys :)

El Pinguo

El Pinguo

Heavenly Almighty Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5240 posts
Good luck, Yugioh people.

Baylife

Baylife

I can wait and fish all day

• Duelist
  • 5568 posts

Good luck, Yugioh people.

Pokemon Ranger Grieven

Pokemon Ranger Grieven

True Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3048 posts
Group B looks stack

JCSchwarz

JCSchwarz

Line Crossing Douchebag

• Duelist
  • 2025 posts

Group B already lost to Starless.

Group A = Theory and Undisputed

Group B = Starless and Fourshot/Lovesong(Depending on if Lovesong flops from inactivity.)

Starless wins it all obv.

Sidereal

Sidereal

I call em massa

• 舞etired Staff
  • 16403 posts

Group B already lost to Starless.

Group A = Theory and Undisputed

Group B = Starless and Fourshot/Lovesong(Depending on if Lovesong flops from inactivity.)

Starless wins it all obv.

Speaking of, I'll be making a predictions thread where people can put in their input every round. It was kind of fun to do in the other ToC's :)

But fuck, I wasn't expecting all 3 of my teams to land in the same group qq

`Colton

`Colton

D.Bousman=Wizard

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1226 posts
so how the fuck do we know what team we play? unless im retarded and missed it which is a good possibility

Sidereal

Sidereal

I call em massa

• 舞etired Staff
  • 16403 posts

For round 1, each group will play in 1-7, 2-6, 3-5 format.

Which means A Day to Remember plays Hitlist for round 1.

JCSchwarz

JCSchwarz

Line Crossing Douchebag

• Duelist
  • 2025 posts

so how the fuck do we know what team we play? unless im retarded and missed it which is a good possibility

`Colton

`Colton

D.Bousman=Wizard

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1226 posts
Thanks Brady. Fuck you CJ.

JCSchwarz

JCSchwarz

Line Crossing Douchebag

• Duelist
  • 2025 posts

Thanks Brady. Fuck you CJ.

Oh so that's why we call Iowanians poopdicks...I'll pass, I don't swing that way.

Exiled

Exiled

The Forbidden One

• 舞etired Staff
  • 34098 posts
3. Starless
4. Fourshot
5. Supernova

hmmmmmmm

lets do this

Strife

Strife

Ground Duelist

• Duelist
  • 2073 posts
ITT: Brady needs to learn how to fix the pairings, lol, should be fun.

sh0gun

sh0gun

play me on starcraft 2 - dogcore "444"

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
yugioh !

Fierce

Fierce

duelist

• X.I.F.H.L.
  • 9876 posts
i think the 2 teams that dont play this round should at least setup a fun match so they dont lose interest in itconsidering you closed the warring section.

Sidereal

Sidereal

I call em massa

• 舞etired Staff
  • 16403 posts
I thought about something like that but overall it'd be kind of pointless when Battle City exists, unless people realize it doesn't.

Fierce

Fierce

duelist

• X.I.F.H.L.
  • 9876 posts
true true just trying to make it so this keeps active ya know

Fierce

Fierce

duelist

• X.I.F.H.L.
  • 9876 posts
next roundddddd

Sidereal

Sidereal

I call em massa

• 舞etired Staff
  • 16403 posts
We're gonna shift one number this round this round, so 1-6, 2-5, 3-4, 7 gets to sit out.

Sidereal

Sidereal

I call em massa

• 舞etired Staff
  • 16403 posts
Updated all the teams with their records on the first post. * means they've already sat out their round.

I just wanted to post this now in case the war finishes over Thanksgiving or the next day. I'll be out of town so I'm not sure how much access I'll have to a computer, it should be enough but I didn't wanna potentially hold anything up. I also won't have access to ACP under a different IP so making the forum now would be the best time. You guys are allowed to post when the final war for round 2 finishes. I made the forum but please don't jump the gun and post the thread early.

Cr0ssfade xX (1:47:07 AM): //roll-dice 1-sides 7
OnlineHost (1:47:07 AM): Cr0ssfade xX rolled 1 7-sided die: 7
Cr0ssfade xX (1:47:19 AM): //roll-dice 1-sides 7
onlinehost (1:47:19 AM): Cr0ssfade xX rolled 1 7-sided die: 5

7 already sat out so I re-rolled and it's team 5's sitting out for round 3. We can use team 5 as a "bar," where every team above and below by the same amount plays each other, so 4-6 and 3-7. The odd teams out (1 and 2) will end up playing each other this round. Idk, it doesn't really matter since everybody is going to play so I'm just gonna find some fucked up ways to pair them every round.

Sidereal

Sidereal

I call em massa

• 舞etired Staff
  • 16403 posts

I think Round 3 will start doing nukes every 2 days. Considering it's going to be 7 rounds before the top playoff and each round is taking a 1.5-2 weeks to finish, it's just going to get too dragged out at this pace and people will lose interest (almost seems like a few are already). I'll probably let roster adjustments happen Round 4 to help compensate if you have inactives.

To stop hopping to a team with a better ToC record or just shady things in general, people won't be allowed to play for another team in the ToC. Either you stick with the one you're on or you're not playing. I'll just give this heads up now so you guys have more than enough time to find replacements.

I'm going to quote this and put it here too for the people who don't read pinned threads for whatever reason. I just wanna make sure everybody sees this.

Savage

Savage

D0nK

• 舞etired Staff
  • 9077 posts
R4 should be up when? Jw when I should check back here.

Wiggles

Wiggles

i'm done

• Duelist
  • 2383 posts

Registration will be closed a day after round 3 finishes up. Registrations posted later than that will be ignored. Once registration is complete, round 4 will be begin.

Sidereal

Sidereal

I call em massa

• 舞etired Staff
  • 16403 posts
Yeah, I got home a little later than expected so I was gonna post them a few hours ago but that obviously didn't happen. It'll be the first thing I do when I sign on tomorrow.

xthePrezident

xthePrezident

Absolute Gaming

• 舞etired Staff
  • 14837 posts
You can remove Undisputed from the pairings. Going to assume there isn't an auto drop for those that aren't able to make it anymore.

Sidereal

Sidereal

I call em massa

• 舞etired Staff
  • 16403 posts
You might as well just finish it out. Even if you can't make the top playoff, these are the easiest wars you'll have. They won't drag on like regular wars can because of the threat of nukes so even if you don't win, it's more wars towards your group either way.

Sidereal

Sidereal

I call em massa

• 舞etired Staff
  • 16403 posts
So Undisputed/Hitlist/A Day to Remember, you guys will get done early since you only have 2 more teams to play. You won't have any round 5 pairings. It just worked out that way with The League getting DQ'd.

Sidereal

Sidereal

I call em massa

• 舞etired Staff
  • 16403 posts
Group A:
Undisputed [vs] Paradox
Undisputed [vs] Free Agents
A Day to Remember [vs] Paradox
A Day to Remember [vs] Theory in Practice
Free Agents [vs] Hitlist
Theory in Practive [vs] Hitlist

Group B:
Lovesong [vs] Starless
Lovesong [vs] Fourshot
State of Trance [vs] Starless
State of Trance [vs] Fourshot
Supernova [vs] Crossroads
Supernova [vs] Face2Face
Crossroads [vs] Face2Face

Dominator

Dominator

stay positive, keep grindin'

• Duelist
  • 4790 posts
You should list points as well since we are coming to the end and it's close between several teams.

Sidereal

Sidereal

I call em massa

• 舞etired Staff
  • 16403 posts
Mmk got it. I was planning on doing it when round 5 was over but it only took like 3-4 minutes to do anyways so whatever.

Draigun

Draigun

Taking The Risks That You Fear Most

• +Ancient Moderoid
  • 10279 posts
Question: Has Crossroads dissolved? I was about to make the thread for Crossroads vs Face2Face and didn't see their team thread anywhere...

Sidereal

Sidereal

I call em massa

• 舞etired Staff
  • 16403 posts

Question: Has Crossroads dissolved? I was about to make the thread for Crossroads vs Face2Face and didn't see their team thread anywhere...

Paradox died and they're finishing out the ToC too. ToC =/= regular warring, you can have people on your ToC roster that you don't have on your actual roster, etc. I thought this was understood :P

According to Stevie they're going to finish out since otherwise they wouldn't be able to play at all.

Sidereal

Sidereal

I call em massa

• 舞etired Staff
  • 16403 posts
Okay got all the records and ties updated as of the end of round 4 except for Supernova and Crossroads since their war is still going on. I don't think I messed anything up but if I did just post and let me know :)

Dishonored

Dishonored

• Duelist
  • 5496 posts
this is lame...
since grant was being a faggot and the wars ended in nukes, i was wondering can the war get a few days extension?
i'll find time to play. i rather the war end in a real loss than a nuke ya dig lol
i wouldnt mind whipping up something now and getting one in

Sidereal

Sidereal

I call em massa

• 舞etired Staff
  • 16403 posts
Well you're not even on Lovesong's roster anymore. Seth took you off at re-registration so I'm assuming there was a reason for that, idk.

Like it sucks to have a war finish by a nuke but there needs to be some sort of punishment for inactivity or this shit would never end. I mean there were three people who could have played for those wars and none of them did so it's unfair to blame it on Grant when the other two didn't play either.

Dishonored

Dishonored

• Duelist
  • 5496 posts
oh im not even sure on what happened but all i know savage had a legitimate reason.
didn't know about re-reg stuff so nvm i guess
take care!

Kahlil

Kahlil

The Forbidden One

• Duelist
  • 8136 posts
Man our record looks so bad, we never asked to play inactive teams or get byes QQ ;(

HellFox

HellFox

The End is Near

• Duelist
  • 3221 posts
GJ Hitlist in the swiss!

Dominator

Dominator

stay positive, keep grindin'

• Duelist
  • 4790 posts
Swiss is over for us bro.

TS Fearless

TS Fearless

I call em betch

• 舞etired Staff
  • 7073 posts

Man our record looks so bad, we never asked to play inactive teams or get byes QQ ;(

With that also comes easier wins, its not like you played hard teams and won and still have bad breakers. you didnt have to work as hard as the other teams. i know it isnt fair but to an extent it is and we cant fix tournament structure to be 100% fair

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users