Welcome to DuelistGroundz
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Combining the mechanics: Miracle Synchro Fusion

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Sharpman

Sharpman

sharper than hammar

• Essex
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5132 posts
*if this is in the wrong spot delete/ move it

Ever since Dragon Knight Draco-Equiste was announced for Duelist Revolution, and made for the anime, I loved the design. If anything, he looks awesome at least, even though he has a sub par effect and isn't usable much outside of E Heros / Super Poly decks. So, I've been trying to create some consistent, reliable way to get him going ever since his release... With litle luck. Most attempts have failed. The culmination of my testing found a Neo Spacian Junk / Debris deck to be the best means, but it just ran out of steam too quick and was too weak.

Any DGZers care to shed some light on this?

raika

raika

extrasupervery

• +Necro Moderoid
  • 4697 posts
The easiest route would probably be modifying a Deep Sea Diva-esque deck that already has Abz0 in it to include this. Mali + Diva makes Stardust/DED/RDA/Scrap, and then you can Miracle Synch this off afterwards using that synch + a hero.

PJ

PJ

That coverage guy!

• »Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10817 posts
I've seen it get spammed in Fudo Synchro variants (ie: Junk/Tuningware abuse)

Pharaoh Atem

Pharaoh Atem

The Ruler of Benevolence - Your Translator

• ~+-Superior of the In-Between-+~
  • 20411 posts
Miracle Synchro Fusion is not the route of choice for Dragoequites.

Super Polymerization is. You provide the Warrior; the opponent will provide the Dragon Synchro.

POLLUTEDxDELTA

POLLUTEDxDELTA

Burnt and purged away

• Goat Controller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1088 posts
Since DREV and the Sept 2010 banned list I was in love with the idea of dropping a 3200 beatstick with one card. I tried testing a bunch of different D-Hero engines, like Salvo, Chaos, and standard DAD, but Miracle Synchro Fusion just became another dead card along with others in the deck. Most of the time I just ended up bluffing with it to +1.

The next best thing I guess could be Dragunity, if you could some how get warriors in that deck >_>

Pharaoh Atem

Pharaoh Atem

• 20411 posts
Yes, let's waste our time providing both of the materials ourselves.

byakk

byakk

what are you looking at

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2207 posts
If you want to play with a deck that uses other Synchro Fusions, you could try Supreme Arcanite.dek with Junk Synchron/Apprentice Magician/Synchro Fusionist/Other stuff.

The deck can also get out Draco if you end up making Black Rose or whatever, considering Junk Synchron is a warrior.

Mars

Mars

Oh hey guys, what's going on here?

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts
Eh. Tech it into Heroes, Super Poly a Stardust or something and trololol.

Pharaoh Atem

Pharaoh Atem

• 20411 posts
Why have only two people in this thread said Super Poly

WHY

For fuck's sake people are you THAT desperate to summon it with worse cards?

Kefka Palazzo

Kefka Palazzo

Frostosaurus Rex

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts
I believe your avatar speaks volumes right now.

Genesis

Genesis

Ground Duelist

• Duelist
  • 2355 posts
I've tried the idea of spys combined with the teleport engine, and expanded on that a bit to use both supreme arcanite/axon kicker.

I just couldn't find the right ratio to summon either consistantly.

If its possible, its just finding the right build.

Super Poly is my fav in heros btw, </3 Scrap Dragon/Stardust.

Pharaoh Atem

Pharaoh Atem

• 20411 posts
Why are you even trying Supreme Arcanite or Ultimate Psychicer

I keep posting in this thread for a reason people, I want you to be successful

Genesis

Genesis

Ground Duelist

• Duelist
  • 2355 posts
Like I said, I was focusing on the teleport engine with Spys, ect to have the option to go into either arcanite / Android / Hyper Blaster (Overdrive / Commander) / ect, so after those syncs do theit job...be it force cards, blow up cards, I can follow up with a fat monster that resists alot of random destruction, or another fat body that generates more advantage...by no means the deck's win condition.

Axon generally being the fusion most played. But this deck never flowed too well.

But the more I look at the next set, the more I wanna make a pure Phychic, with 3 Miracles and 3 Axons, and you can't even hate on me for that Atem.

ThatOneGuy

ThatOneGuy

meh

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1960 posts

Super Polymerization is. You provide the Warrior; the opponent will provide the Dragon Synchro.

Or vice versa in the Six Sam match.

Morleh

Morleh

Kyaaah!~

• Duelist
  • 2180 posts

Or vice versa in the Six Sam match.

:/ And waste 2 or more cards (Tuner+Non-Tuner), as well as 2 more cards (Super Poly + discard fodder)? If you have a Dragon Synchro on the field already, you should be fine. And when did decks that usually use Warriors Synchro? LIGHT Dual doesn't, and that's probably the only deck that Sides (or can Main, even) Super Polymerization.

Even if it's a nice solution against Shi En, if you already have Stardust or Scrap Dragon or Black Rose, etc, then you should have an answer to Shi En already (unless they have Magatama which is a Counter Trap so you'd have to use Super Polymerization before you Nuke with Black Rose, destroy shit with Scrap Dragon, or negate Shi En's (or any other) effect with Stardust Dragon).

SNK

SNK

Cats do love to play as Snakes

• +Necro Moderoid
  • 7235 posts
itt

Atem gets ignored lol. Repeatedly.

Haha.

tolarian academy

tolarian academy

stfu mom we trappin

• +Necro Moderoid
  • 10744 posts
super poly in miracle gemini

or anything running super poly

everyone and their mother comes into control of at least one dragon synchro or warrior monster in the course of the average yugioh game and the opponent will do the same

and sometimes your opponent will even summon stardust and a warrior themselves at the same time

Pharaoh Atem

Pharaoh Atem

• 20411 posts
*sobbing*

Ryvern

Ryvern

Padawan

• Duelist
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Why have only two people in this thread said Super Poly

WHY

For fuck's sake people are you THAT desperate to summon it with worse cards?

For the same reason many people don't bother to actually test out potential tech concepts that pop into their heads and instead just go 'hay guiz will dis werk!?' methinks.

Because Miracle is 'cheaper' resource wise and overall easier to play. Super actually requires investment, skill and timing, even IF it's going to hurt so much more when it actually goes off.

Pharaoh Atem

Pharaoh Atem

• 20411 posts
*wailing*

Morleh

Morleh

Kyaaah!~

• Duelist
  • 2180 posts

For the same reason many people don't bother to actually test out potential tech concepts that pop into their heads and instead just go 'hay guiz will dis werk!?' methinks.

Because Miracle is 'cheaper' resource wise and overall easier to play. Super actually requires investment, skill and timing, even IF it's going to hurt so much more when it actually goes off.

wat. How is eating your opponent's Dragon-Type Synchro Monster while you (or they) have a Warrior-Type losing more card advantage/being harder than Synchro Summoning into your own Dragon-Type whilst having a Warrior-Type on the field/Graveyard? Not to mention, in LIGHT Dual, you can eat LIGHT, WATER, and EARTH monsters (and FIRE and WIND in OCG-land). >_>

In Junk and Debris, I wouldn't use the Synchro Fusions at all...

tolarian academy

tolarian academy

stfu mom we trappin

• +Necro Moderoid
  • 10744 posts
and soon to be dark in ocg land too

:|

Pharaoh Atem

Pharaoh Atem

• 20411 posts

You lie. Escuridao has not been announced for the OCG regions.

God DAMN it Hero fans want it though.

tolarian academy

tolarian academy

stfu mom we trappin

• +Necro Moderoid
  • 10744 posts

You lie. Escuridao has not been announced for the OCG regions.

God DAMN it Hero fans want it though.

yet, but they have no reason not to release him sooner or later.

i just hope they keep the manga effect because tbh anything else and he will be broken beyond belief

and when he does come out that will probably be the sign to konami that future fusion needs to be banned

Ryvern

Ryvern

Padawan

• Duelist
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

wat. How is eating your opponent's Dragon-Type Synchro Monster while you (or they) have a Warrior-Type losing more card advantage/being harder than Synchro Summoning into your own Dragon-Type whilst having a Warrior-Type on the field/Graveyard? Not to mention, in LIGHT Dual, you can eat LIGHT, WATER, and EARTH monsters (and FIRE and WIND in OCG-land). >_>

In Junk and Debris, I wouldn't use the Synchro Fusions at all...

Well...which requires less thought in your eyes?

Summoning a Dragon Synchro and a Warrior over the course of the duel, then playing Miracle at any point after the two inevitably hit the graveyard (essentially making it a 'free' summon), or waiting for your opponent to summon a Dragon-Synchro while there's a warrior on the field (a fairly specific condition with specific timing), then having to pitch a card that may or may not be useful later to activate your fusion spell?

Also, which is less costly? A card that's using already dead materials resting in your graveyard, or one that burns live ones?

Which can potentially be top decked and played on the spot? Which requires you to actually maintain enough control of a duel to a point that you have resources to burn at any given moment or be dead in the water?

Keeping in mind that the end product in either case is nothing more than a 3200 monster with a mediocre effect (which is the foundation of this specific topic).

Don't get me wrong. I agree with Atem that Super Poly is the more skillful play. But Miracle is generally easier on a whole to pull off, harder to royally fuck yourself over with, and thus the first thought that would probably pop into the average player's mind when they think of something like Draco.

Pharaoh Atem

Pharaoh Atem

• 20411 posts
No, I said Super Poly was the better play. Fuck it being more skillful; Super Poly's just going to win me more stuff since I don't have to bloody care about all the trappings Miracle Synchro Fusion requires.

The very nature of the card is counterintuitive; "The materials will get to the Grave anyway", while true, is BAD NEWS considering that the materials are "1 Synchro Monster + 1 monster of a specific Type". By all rights, I NEVER want monsters to make the jump from my field to my grave, EXCEPT for motions where I put them there myself - motions where it is ADVANTAGEOUS to me.

The INEVITABILITY of their hitting the grave is not out of anything advantageous to me - it is out of "oh fuck my opponent just killed my Synchro" - because my Synchro will NEVER LEAVE THE FIELD in nearly all other cases. Synchros are not the cards that we want leaving our fields. They are the desired END RESULT of our work, not a stepping stone to a new stage.

The same goes for the non-Synchro monster involved as well.

Namely, I wouldn't expect anyone to remember this, but once it was said that Banisher of the Radiance does not contradict Hydrogeddon. This is because if I control one of them, I needn't fucking Summon the other one, in most cases - and in the cases where I do need to, I will not need Hydrogeddon's effect.

From there, the reasoning became obvious - Summon one and hold the other back.

From THAT, the reasoning became downright abusive; "you fucking morons, the only time you need Summon another is when you lost the first, and if you never lose the first, guess what? YOU ARE GOING TO WIN THE GAME."

Synchro Monsters are essentially the present form of "I will never lose the first" - If you control a Synchro, and keep it, you are going to bloody win, to the point where getting and keeping one IS, in many ways, the calling of this format and many others. The only proper reason to lose a Synchro anymore seems to be on the way to another Synchro, and even that's questionable unless it absolutely must be done.

This in turn with how many actual plays are needed to make a Synchro are why Miracle Synchro Fusion is not the proper methodology for these monsters - this road is Super Poly or bust JUST BECAUSE OF stealing an opposing Synchro. Asking for these monsters to be a mainstay in your premise, to the point of providing all the materials yourself, is tantamount to asking to lose more often. In Super Poly, the cards spent (non-Synchro material mon of whatever type, a card discarded, Super Poly itself) EASILY turn into a winning trade in eliminating opposing tempo and resources. In Miracle Synchro Fusion, you pay less, but you get a LOT LESS, such that the disparity in gamestates leaves next to no contest between the two premises

I'm going to just keep my freakin' Synchros on the field and make sure my opp doesn't control any.

God damn it I shouldn't have had to explain this. This is basic as all sin.

Morleh

Morleh

Kyaaah!~

• Duelist
  • 2180 posts
I was going to say what Atem said.

Making a Dragon-Type Synchro Monster and having a Warrior-Type monster hitting the Graveyard is already proof of a massage loss in card advantage. Conversely, taking an opponent's Dragon-Type Synchro Monster (and potentially a Warrior-Type) would hurt them insanely a lot. Even better, Super Polymerization cannot be responded to; this kills cards that would destroy your Miracle Synchro Fusion -- Solemn Warning, Solemn Judgment, Royal Oppression, Legendary Six Samurai - Shi En, etc.

I don't understand why you guys would run subpar cards over a superior one. Unless you guys WANT to use Miracle Synchro Fusion for a casual / fun deck... If not, I don't see why you wouldn't use Super Polymerization to bring Surging Dragon Knight out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users