Welcome to DuelistGroundz
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Pokemon Deck

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

xCiegex

xCiegex

Tomb Keeper

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts
Since the new format is changing to HGSS-on and could happen in July, I am thinking about building a Magnezone Prime and Feraligatr Prime deck, and I kind of have a list made. But do you guys think about this? And could you give me any ideas on pokemon to put in with magnezone and feraligatr.

xCiegex

xCiegex

Tomb Keeper

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts
Also do you guys know of any good new decks coming out for Black and White?

Darkrai

Darkrai

Cats do love to play as Snakes

• +Necro Moderoid
  • 7341 posts
If you want a deck for next format, it's generally too early to tell.

However, considering we still have what 4-5 months left of this one, why not just use Dialgachomp. The deck has no bad matchups and loses only to pixie sniping or teched blaziken fbs.

If I had the money, I'd probably take it over Vilegar. Gengar doesn't really have many bad matchups besides the mirror and Dialgachomp, so yeh... go with Dialga for now.

xCiegex

xCiegex

Tomb Keeper

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts
Edited.

calculatinginsect00

calculatinginsect00

Knight of the Abyss

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
why go feraligatr if you could go emboar from b&w? that way you can abuse judges with magnezone and ninetails and have a really quick draw engine.

its what i am running right now and there is alot of room for tech. not to mention fisherman turns into a ohko with a risharam or magnezone.

xCiegex

xCiegex

Tomb Keeper

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts
That would be 3 evolution lines in my deck which is a little unstable also donphan is x2 weak against water. And donphan will be a big hit. I can still abuse judge with feraligatr also.

xCiegex

xCiegex

Tomb Keeper

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts
I'm on the fence about using smeargle. Some people say he is still good but other people say he is terrible in hgss on. Any thoughts?

mathematical

mathematical

Guardian

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts
people will be playing more supporters with hgss-on. he definitly is not terrible.

InfusionsCap

InfusionsCap

Ground Duelist

• »Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3831 posts
I think Smeargle gets better after the rotation than it is now tbh.

Donphan seems like it is going to be pretty good. It's fast and takes a lot to get knocked out.

I also still like the idea of the Typhlosion Prime/Ninetails/Ursaring Prime deck. DCE stays in so that helps it a lot, the draw engine of Ninetails is pretty solid as well.

xCiegex

xCiegex

Tomb Keeper

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts
I don't think they will be playing more supporters, i think they will be using less because they can use more trainers now with spiritomb gone.

ATJdragon

ATJdragon

United Gosus

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6426 posts
everyones gonna be using a crapload of professor juniper, pokemon collector, and probably bebe's search

mathematical

mathematical

Guardian

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts
isnt bebes getting rotated in hgss-on?

ATJdragon

ATJdragon

United Gosus

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6426 posts

isnt bebes getting rotated in hgss-on?

woops lol.

ThatOneGuy

ThatOneGuy

meh

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1980 posts

everyones gonna be using a crapload of professor juniper, pokemon collector, and probably bebe's search pokemon communication

Also, energy counts will be probably be going up again.

InfusionsCap

InfusionsCap

Ground Duelist

• »Retired Staff
  • 3831 posts

everyones gonna be using a crapload of professor juniper, pokemon collector, and probably bebe's search pokemon communication

Most likely. There is going to be less options for searching and drawing, and it seems like the overall pace of the game is going to go up as well. I think that would make missing an energy drop even worse.

Darkrai

Darkrai

• +Necro Moderoid
  • 7341 posts
The pace is going up?

Are you playing the same TCG as the rest of us? :P.

ThatOneGuy

ThatOneGuy

meh

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1980 posts

The pace is going up?

Are you playing the same TCG as the rest of us? :P.

ReshiBoar and Zekrom Turbo?

The pace may not necessarily go up, but it's certainly not going down.

Darkrai

Darkrai

• +Necro Moderoid
  • 7341 posts
Even then, I'd say it's taken a significant drop in pace without Uxie, the entire SP mechanic, Bebes and many a few incredibly fast paced decks like Gyrados and the like.

Using your example, the fact that ReshiBoar will take more than a turn to set up is evident enough to say we're slowing down in a format live with Energy Gain, Sableye, Broken Time Space and unerrata'd Candies we're in at the moment.

InfusionsCap

InfusionsCap

Ground Duelist

• »Retired Staff
  • 3831 posts

Most likely. There is going to be less options for searching and drawing, and it seems like the overall pace of the game is going to go up as well. I think that would make missing an energy drop even worse.

@Paul...

Notice I said it SEEMS like the pace is going up. To answer your question honestly, no, I have not been playing lately. However, turn one trainer cards suggests that decks will be more aggressive. Losing the SP archtype seems like a moot point, considering other decks in a new format can still be aggressive, and something will end up standing out anyway. This assessment is based only off what I have heard and read as of late, but it seems like the rules changes are going to make it to where aggressive play is more heavily rewarded. I'm basing this mostly off the early days of the game, where you could not evolve first turn, could play trainer cards, and look how insanely good all the decks were then (Raindance, Haymaker, Damageswap, etc.) Granted, many of the cards were much more powerful, but I think a lot of the same principals will be applied as soon as the best combination of cards for an aggressive deck is discovered.

ThatOneGuy

ThatOneGuy

meh

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1980 posts

Even then, I'd say it's taken a significant drop in pace without Uxie, the entire SP mechanic, Bebes and many a few incredibly fast paced decks like Gyrados and the like.

Using your example, the fact that ReshiBoar will take more than a turn to set up is evident enough to say we're slowing down in a format live with Energy Gain, Sableye, Broken Time Space and unerrata'd Candies we're in at the moment.

ReshiBoar probably wasn't the best example for the initial set up. It's built more towards taking a turn or two to get started and then being able to just loop 120's each turn afterwards while relying on Ninetails as its draw engine and most likely 2-3 Energy Retrieval to replenish the energy burn it goes through.

Zekrom Turbo is the main point. A single Collector gives you all the basics you need to set up the combo (Zekrom, Shaymin, and Pachirisu), and from there you need only open with 2 Lightnings and any other energy to set up for 120 each turn. Assuming you consistenly open with Zekrom, you're pumping out that 120 by the first turn.

Purple Haze

Purple Haze

Guardian

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts
Luxray is getting rotated -tear-?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users