Welcome to DuelistGroundz
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Dark World - Discussion

March 2012 Format Dark World

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3006 replies to this topic

goldYJTYJ

goldYJTYJ

A Good Friend Of The Red-Eyes Familie

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Anyone consider Scarr in the main?

It searches Snoww, Broww, Beiige, Brron, etc.

i have, testing 2 in the main on dueling network.
and i am pretty happy with result for know.

August

August

Knight of the Abyss

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Anyone consider Scarr in the main?

It searches Snoww, Broww, Beiige, Brron, etc.

Really dont like it. I would max out on guides before considering it. Guides are much more versatile (set-up with sangan into raven or broww, def while waiting for combo pieces, grapha plays with broww, bringing out levaiel) while scarr really only is good for grabbing your combo pieces. This makes scarr dead a lot of the time mid-late game on the contrary to tour guide.
Also scarr is obv. vulnerable to monster removal like dark hole, mind control, descendant, black rose, grapha, scrap dragon, ryko and so on which tour guide --> sangan isn't.

Indignation

Indignation

Don't act like you're not impressed! — Ron Burgundy

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15546 posts
EEV and DDV are so ridiculous in this deck it's actually not fair lol. Actually this whole deck is not fair XD. They have to preemptively balance this deck on the ban list.

neptune

neptune

golden rubbers in these denim pockets

• »Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5831 posts
Everytime I draw EEV or Card Destruction I win.

They shold ban Morphing Jar though lol.

Indignation

Indignation

• Duelist
  • 15546 posts
CCV was bad enough but this deck makes DDV and EEV almost as easy to use. It's just insane. It's like they took some angry madman and asked him to completely overbreak break DW and then release it in a structure deck lol.

victor

victor

Heavenly Almighty Duelist

• »Retired Staff
  • 6823 posts

CCV was bad enough but this deck makes DDV and EEV almost as easy to use. It's just insane. It's like they took some angry madman and asked him to completely overbreak break DW and then release it in a structure deck lol.

And it's almost as if they want you run Dark World, considering that DDV seems almost tailor made to counter Tour Guide + Sangan. I mean, how else can you compete advantage-wise vs that floater XYZ play?

Indignation

Indignation

• Duelist
  • 15546 posts
DDV and EEV is far worse than tgu and sangan. That's whats bothering me. It's not even a counter for TGU and sangan, that is just added benefit. It's Rape to everything especially when grapha is a free floater every turn to begin with.

BigDongStudios

BigDongStudios

BiggerDongSmallerStudios

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1769 posts
This deck sacks harder than Six Sams.

The Eternal Lurker

The Eternal Lurker

Asshat

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Actually with Tour Guide and Leviair I find it to be a pretty consistent deck. Yes you can open an amazing hand and basically win on the spot (Broww+Snoww+Hand Dest comes to mind) but most of the time you'll just get a moderate set of cards.

cum

cum

Guardian

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Actually with Tour Guide and Leviair I find it to be a pretty consistent deck. Yes you can open an amazing hand and basically win on the spot (Broww+Snoww+Hand Dest comes to mind) but most of the time you'll just get a moderate set of cards.

Hand Destruction, really?

The Eternal Lurker

The Eternal Lurker

Asshat

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts
>.<

I always get the two mixed up. Surely the one that discards your hand should be hand destruction and the one that discards 2 cards should be card dest...

GokuDB

GokuDB

Tomb Keeper

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts
this deck is fucking annoying

The Eternal Lurker

The Eternal Lurker

Asshat

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Useful input bro, thanks for turning out.

What do people think of maindecked dealings? The mirror isn't that common yet and consistency it gives outweighs the fact that it also helps your opponent.

decaflol

decaflol

Add Sequence: Oyster

• Loyalist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1474 posts

Useful input bro, thanks for turning out.

What do people think of maindecked dealings? The mirror isn't that common yet and consistency it gives outweighs the fact that it also helps your opponent.

Even if the mirror is rare enough to be 1 per tournament, the fact that its either a -1 that sits dead in your hand or an autoloss if you play it against them keeps any intelligent player from maining it.

The Eternal Lurker

The Eternal Lurker

Asshat

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Even if the mirror is rare enough to be 1 per tournament, the fact that its either a -1 that sits dead in your hand or an autoloss if you play it against them keeps any intelligent player from maining it.

So would you side it or is that a waste of valuable tech space? Ditto Morphing Jar and Card Destruction.

decaflol

decaflol

• Loyalist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1474 posts

So would you side it or is that a waste of valuable tech space? Ditto Morphing Jar and Card Destruction.

Depending on how the meta shapes up. I see in Japan sometimes people are siding 1-2 Dealings, but the space would generally be used to make matchups more favorable considering Dark World usually get sodomized by sidedecking. Siding into it would definitely help speed it up when you know you're not playing a mirror, but there are probably better options.

The Eternal Lurker

The Eternal Lurker

Asshat

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts
What about Jar and Card Dest?

decaflol

decaflol

• Loyalist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1474 posts

What about Jar and Card Dest?

I feel Jar is too slow and obvious considering it's the only monster you would really set in the deck (maybe Ryko but that barely sees play in here).

I'd probably side Card Destruction before Dark World Dealings if I decided to at all though.

Indignation

Indignation

• Duelist
  • 15546 posts
fuck that shit I would main card destruction, at worst you set it in the mirror g1. Its crazy not to main card destruction.

infinite

infinite

Swagasaurus Rex

• +Ancient Moderoid
  • 7070 posts
I hate this deck so much.

River of Tears

River of Tears

The Forbidden One

• »Retired Staff
  • 15358 posts
3rd Planet

guylaroche5

guylaroche5

ugh

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts
lol card destruction is the equivalent of gateway for this deck, it's too good to pass up.... as for the whole dealings issue i ran dragged for a while but i think dealings is ultimately better. yes you're fucked in the mirror but it's just really solid draw power against any other deck. not to mention, if your opponent goes first or you don't draw it early you can obviously adjust your game plan. (ps i know its still dead but w/e, most people don't even run gold/sillva and at the very worst they revive some kind of boss monster with snow which you can just grapha anyway)

Dark Armed Thumper

Dark Armed Thumper

Random Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2485 posts
this deck is amazing.....l..cant wait til next format :D

CyberEnd Dragon

CyberEnd Dragon

Brave Heart

• Duelist
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
Same here itll be nice to play a deck that i like thats both good and most likely wont get totally nerfes by the list just yet, hopefully not at all

neptune

neptune

• »Retired Staff
  • 5831 posts
Another tier 1 deck for next format :|

afr

afr

Knight of the Abyss

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts
Fuck EEV, is sacky as hell.

I hate this deck... I wish they would preemptively hit this deck but that is a farfectched dream.

Dark Armed Thumper

Dark Armed Thumper

Random Duelist

• Duelist
  • 2485 posts
The viruses are pretty much win conditions by themselves. Between this and rabbit.dek next format is going to be absolute nuts. But i think this has the upper hand since ddv crushes that deck and grapha is hard for them to get over (well so is goldd/silvaa pumped too,haha). Gonna work on this from now on,its just too good. Only problem i see is g2/3 but,ill work on that later. all depends on what decks r dominate,so cant even start on that yet. also curious how the gb matchup is,but id imagine its pretty easy. i think the deck runs much smoother without any tuners (blasphemy,i know). Honestly,i think the "necessary" cards in the extra are 2 leviair,adreus,tiras (wins games) and leviathan (because the sangan play is too nutty to pass up barring he doesnt get the hammer). But at this point,only time will tell how good it will be between the list and other variables

Shoob

Shoob

Denis thinks I'm witty

• Loyalist
  • 2784 posts
I think I'm nearly finished with my build. Also is anyone else testing doomcalibur knight in this? Shit is fucking amazing.

Slowpoke

Slowpoke

BMS

• Duelist
  • 3656 posts
just another deck that lucksacks.

Oh_The_Irony

Oh_The_Irony

Guardian

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts
This is my current build that's been testing pretty well. Of course all my testing with it has been on DN, so it's not very legitimate.

3 Grapha, Dragon God of Dark World
3 Snow, Mage of Dark World
3 Broww, Huntsman of Dark World
3 Tour Guide from the Underworld
2 Goldd, Wu-Lord of Dark World
2 Sillva, Warlord of Dark World
1 Fabled Raven
1 Sangan

3 Gate of the Dark World
2 Dark World Dealings
2 Dark World Lightning
2 Pot of Duality
1 Allure of Darkness
1 Card Destruction
1 Dark Hole
1 Heavy Storm
1 Monster Reborn

3 Reckless Greed
2 Solemn Warning
1 Deck Devastation Virus
1 Eradicator Epidemic Virus
1 Solemn Judgment

I'm thinking about adding at least one Veiler in just because it could be invaluable as a search target off Tour Guide > Leviathan Dragon. Really the only thing that hurts this deck is a Kristya I can't get rid of or Dimensional Fissure, so I'm also considering Ryko.

iTrue Religion

iTrue Religion

Guardian

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts
Is dwl still good with people maining more chainables now

Indignation

Indignation

• Duelist
  • 15546 posts
wtf of course. People set less which makes dw even better. Tbh they should just ban the structure deck and save us all a headache. Lol

infinite

infinite

Swagasaurus Rex

• +Ancient Moderoid
  • 7070 posts

wtf of course. People set less which makes dw even better. Tbh they should just ban the structure deck and save us all a headache. Lol

I'm 100% for this.

Ice-eyes

Ice-eyes

Knight of the Abyss

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts
Backrows bother this deck?

Best way to play this is spam Grapha, not sure why you'd even want Goldd / Sillva.

neptune

neptune

• »Retired Staff
  • 5831 posts
So is TGU absolutely necessary to play this deck?

nathanial swank

nathanial swank

snotty nose

• Loyalist
  • 3796 posts

So is TGU absolutely necessary to play this deck?

Yes. It makes the deck a lot more consistent.

CyberEnd Dragon

CyberEnd Dragon

Brave Heart

• Duelist
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
I'd say no BUT it probably makes it alot better than it already is imo

Edit: Now that I think it gives a huge boost

Indignation

Indignation

• Duelist
  • 15546 posts
TGU does load the gy with fiends for the draw field spell.

CyberEnd Dragon

CyberEnd Dragon

Brave Heart

• Duelist
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
True, also seems that this would still be really good if you can't afford TGU, right?

Blex64

Blex64

Guardian

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts
This deck is fucking stupid with Mind Crush at 2.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: March 2012 Format, Dark World

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users