Welcome to DuelistGroundz
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Lightsworn - Discussion

September 2011 Format Lightsworn

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
254 replies to this topic

Presence

Presence

Rhythmik Presence

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

I've been testeing standard LS with trip Gearfried trp Trade-In. Works amazing.

How are you fitting in Trade-in?
Seriously, I couldn't find the room without pushing over 40 cards or dropping important cards.

atem16

atem16

Underworld Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1614 posts
I'm finding Rota really good in here with a 2nd lumina

ShinySharks

ShinySharks

Knight of the Abyss

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts
I've always played ROTA in here, you choose the best from Ehren, Jain, and Garoth. If nothing is optimal, pitch with Lumina or Recharge. It also got me Junk Synchron which worked nicely with Ryko and Maxx C.

atem16

atem16

Underworld Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1614 posts
Ya It may sound dumb but has work but there will be times I searched for necro just to ditch with lumina But of course it depends on the situation

ShinySharks

ShinySharks

Knight of the Abyss

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts
This build has been testing well for me.

Monsters: 27
3 Judgment Dragon
1 Celestia
1 Wulf
1 Garoth
1 Jain
2 Lyla
1 Ehren
2 Lumina
2 Ryko
2 Veiler
2 Maxx C
1 Honest
1 Gorz
2 Tragoedia
2 Card Trooper
2 Necro Gardna
1 Black Luster Soldier

Spells: 13
3 Solar Recharge
1 Charge of the Light Brigade
1 Reinforcement of the Army
3 Pot of Duality
1 Heavy Storm
1 Dark Hole
1 Monster Reborn
1 Pot of Avarice
1 MST / Forbidden Lance

I'm running no traps since most decks are shifting toward 3 MST in main. I'd rather make them dead game 1 and side in traps game 2 if necessary.

S3xta_Espada

S3xta_Espada

Let's go chuck some bullets at them grubs.

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1302 posts

I've been testeing standard LS with trip Gearfried trp Trade-In. Works amazing.

How are you fitting in Trade-in?
Seriously, I couldn't find the room without pushing over 40 cards or dropping important cards.

I play 41 now and dropped Foolish and Reinc.
I'm still playing a Plague and 1 Wulf though. I'm thinking of dropping one of them to make it 40.

EDIT: In case people didn't know yet. Lightrays are on DN right now.

D.E.N.N.I.S. frogman

D.E.N.N.I.S. frogman

D 4 DUELIST

• +Necro Moderoid
  • 11087 posts
plague seems a lot worse without trish

atem16

atem16

Underworld Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1614 posts
Ya Ive been thinking about dropping it completely

Presence

Presence

Rhythmik Presence

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
I dropped it and never looked back.

Zinrag

Zinrag

Sellin dope is a must! No body can tell us nothing

• Duelist
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
Still working on an anti-metaish version of sworns pre-GAOV(L?) and I think PSZ, to go into brionac, has uses as a good way to bounce problem exceeds/put back useless cards to be milled. Zephyros the Elite may be something to consider too since bouncing lumina to use it three times is fun. I'm more worried about trying to fit light warriors to drop LRGF easier for a future variant. Warrior Returning Alive'ing him is really nutty (so is monster reincarnation obviously). Problem is, it may be a good six+ months before this deck can go back into having the potential to put in work. Once the next set (or two with even more Lightray support) drops along with Hidden Arsenals 6/7 Lightsworn should be back on top but since we are behind so far it could take until after the September banlist for this to happen. :\

atem16

atem16

Underworld Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1614 posts
Ya cuz laval chain will be out in ha07 but I'm keeping this deck til the end so I'll work with what we have and will be getting Hopefully eventually charge will go to 2 but I doubt it

S3xta_Espada

S3xta_Espada

Let's go chuck some bullets at them grubs.

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1302 posts
Charge will never go back to 2 simply because of other turbo-ish decks that can be made then.

But yeah, the only thing I'm probably going to miss is Brionac right now, assuming that I drop Plague from my deck, or stacking Wulf or a Necro Gardna or whatever so that I can mill them. But even though we've lost Trish, there's still Mist Wurm right? In some situations I really want a Mist Wurm instead of Trish.

BGBK

BGBK

0o0o0o0o

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts
VICTOR MODE ENGAGED

Posted Image

The second effect can be used during the opponent's turn.

Presence

Presence

Rhythmik Presence

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

VICTOR MODE ENGAGED

Posted Image

The second effect can be used during the opponent's turn.

Yeah, saw it on Bryan's list on ETC. Looks good; I'm thinking it could be really useful except for Wind-Up Shark being an asshole. If you don't want to play Maxx C for whatever reason then this could be an option.

oliver?

oliver?

Knight of the Abyss

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Why? Maxx c on a debris dragon is brutal for this deck

Same could be said for tour guide or a large number of other cards.

Thats like saying maxx c hurts six samurai or karakuri and you shouldnt play em because of one card.

To be honest you probably shouldn't play them

atem16

atem16

Underworld Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1614 posts
What do u guys think of card trooper

fanfingtastic

fanfingtastic

Underworld Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1323 posts
current list for me just getting back into the game, regionals on march 10th, wanted a deck that is somewhat good, but i dont own an extra deck so i was looking at alternatives to play, read and caught up on all the top decks and how they work... thought arkus would be beast in this up comming format.... so made this... only tested on dn so far but seems like it could work havent lost yet, but i know how reliable dn is.... not very much at all haha

3 arkus
3 celestia
2 lumina
2 lyla
2 ryko
2 jain
1 wulf
1 garoth
1 ehren
3 judgment dragon
2 card trooper
2 necro gardna
1 honest

Spells 9

3 solar recharge
1 charge
1 reborn
1 hole
1 storm
1 avarice
1 rota

Traps- 8

3 beckoning light
3 call
2 torrential

THE ROCK

THE ROCK

It's Time for Buster!

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts
Aurkus shouldn't be ran at all, the only thing it prevents are Inzektors. Side it if you want, also been testing Pure vs Twilight, leaning more towards pure just because of consistency.

Presence

Presence

Rhythmik Presence

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

What do u guys think of card trooper

For its ability to kill TKRO and attack over atk position Zenmaines, draw off JD and Zenmaines plays, be reused by 3 COTH and be a team player for LS, I really like it and am going to use 2.

Aurkus shouldn't be ran at all, the only thing it prevents are Inzektors. Side it if you want, also been testing Pure vs Twilight, leaning more towards pure just because of consistency.

Aurkus stops Veiler and Fiendish Chain for when I want to drop Celestia or Lumina. Its a very good card that should be played at least at one. Three though, could be too many because you don't need them all of the time.

The only reason that I would want to play Twilight would be for Tour Guide. The ability to go into leviair and fetch removed Luminas, is amazing. As soon as LS starts making waves, Chain Disappearance and Light-Imprisoning Mirror will be sided if space allows. I think Tour Guide gives a way around the normal side cards that stop LS, as not only an extra target for Chain Disappearance, but its one turn Zenmaines, Leviair or Acid Golem.

I still prefer pure LS at the moment, but perhaps Twilight has something to show us.

By the way, LightRay Gearfried is a boss. May should be great for this deck.

atem16

atem16

Underworld Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1614 posts
Ya was testing gearfried at 2 in my pure and I love it

THE ROCK

THE ROCK

It's Time for Buster!

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts
What does everyone's list look like (so we can modify and create the best style possible to combat then inevitable W-U, Inzektors, and Rabbit matches).

D.E.N.N.I.S. frogman

D.E.N.N.I.S. frogman

D 4 DUELIST

• +Necro Moderoid
  • 11087 posts
why is everyone suddenly hyping this deck again because it got more boss monsters? did charge and necro go to 3 in the new list and i just havent seen it yet?

THE ROCK

THE ROCK

It's Time for Buster!

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts
Second Lumina helps

Zinrag

Zinrag

• Duelist
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

why is everyone suddenly hyping this deck again because it got more boss monsters? did charge and necro go to 3 in the new list and i just havent seen it yet?

Same reason why Six Sams got hyped up when Shien dropped: They got a card that negated spells/traps for next to nothing. Necro garnda is at 5 with ESPer Star Sparrow. Not saying the deck is amazing and that it deserves a ton of hype or anything but the amount its gotten is pretty reasonable (1-2 pages of discussion isn't too bad for any deck, aye?)

atem16

atem16

Underworld Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1614 posts
x3 Judgment Dragon
x1 Broken Luck Sack
x1 Gorz, the Emissary of Darkness
x2 Tragoedia
x2 Lumina, Lightsworn Summoner
x2 Lyla, Lightsworn Sorceress
x3 Wulf, Lightsworn Beast
x1 Garoth, Lightsworn Warrior
x1 Jain, Lightsworn Paladin
x1 Ehren, Lightsworn Monk
x1 Aurkus, Lightsworn Druid
x1 Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter
x2 Necro Gardna
x1 Plaguespreader Zombie
x1 Honest
x2 Effect Veiler
x3 Maxx "C" if not then dd crow
=28

x1 Charge of the Light Brigade
x3 Solar Recharge
x1 Monster Reborn
x1 Dark Hole
x1 Heavy Storm
x2Mystical Space Typhoon
x 2 Gold Sarcophagus
x1 Reinforcement of the Army
=12

x2 Beckoning Light
=2

Extra: 15
x1 StarDust Dragon
x1 Scrap Dragon
x1 Blackrose Dragon
x1 Mist Wurm
x 1 Brionac Dragon of the Ice Barrier
x 1 Magical Android
x 1 Ally of Justice Catastor
x1 Gaia knight The Force Of Earth
X1 Chimeratech Fortress Dragon
x1 Number 39 Utopia
x1 Number 17 Leviathan Dragon
x1 Leviair The Sea Dragon
x1 Number 30 Acid Golem
x 1 Wind up Zenmaines
x 1 Steelswarm Roach

Side Deck:
x 2 Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter
x2 Cyber Dragon
x2 Thunder King Raioh
x2 Royal Decree
x2 D D Crow( if not already mained)
x 2 Bottomless Trap Hole
x2 Solemn Warning
What I'm planing to take to Long Beach

Presence

Presence

Rhythmik Presence

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

x3 Judgment Dragon
x1 Broken Luck Sack
x1 Gorz, the Emissary of Darkness
x2 Tragoedia
x2 Lumina, Lightsworn Summoner
x2 Lyla, Lightsworn Sorceress
x3 Wulf, Lightsworn Beast
x1 Garoth, Lightsworn Warrior
x1 Jain, Lightsworn Paladin
x1 Ehren, Lightsworn Monk
x1 Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter
x2 Necro Gardna
x1 Plaguespreader Zombie
x1 Honest
x2 Effect Veiler
x3 Maxx "C" if not then dd crow
=28

x1 Charge of the Light Brigade
x3 Solar Recharge
x1 Monster Reborn
x1 Dark Hole
x1 Heavy Storm
x2Mystical Space Typhoon
x 2 Gold Sarcophagus
x1 Reinforcement of the Army
=12

x2 Beckoning Light
=2

Extra: 15
x1 StarDust Dragon
x1 Scrap Dragon
x1 Blackrose Dragon
x1 Mist Wurm
x 1 Brionac Dragon of the Ice Barrier
x 1 Magical Android
x 1 Ally of Justice Catastor
x1 Gaia knight The Force Of Earth
X1 Chimeratech Fortress Dragon
x1 Number 39 Utopia
x1 Number 17 Leviathan Dragon
x1 Leviair The Sea Dragon
x1 Number 30 Acid Golem
x 1 Wind up Zenmaines
x 1 Steelswarm Roach

Side Deck:
x 2 Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter
x2 Cyber Dragon
x2 Thunder King Raioh
x2 Royal Decree
x2 D D Crow( if not already mained)
x 2 Bottomless Trap Hole
x2 Solemn Warning
What I'm planing to take to Long Beach

3 Wulf sounds awful. Wulf can make a few good plays but with so many potentially dead cards already, why add another?
This meta makes cards dead faster than any meta in the past, except maybe when Six Samurai Shien had his run at 3.

Zinrag

Zinrag

• Duelist
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
To be totally honest I think if you want to play LS in this format you need to pack your Wulfs, Tragos, Celestias and Aurkus(es?) up and play better meta game choices.

Wulf is a 2100 level four beater (duh) in other formats that was a game changer in this one... what are you using him for? When I've milled him he's been nothing but a chump-blocker who got destroyed by a Laggia, Inzektor effect, or wind-up spam. She loves long walks on the beach, being drawn dead even at one, and being too slow for this format.

Tragoedia seems pretty hit-and-miss too. I personally never find this card useful since this format 9/010 people end with xyzs and his beater status can be dealt with by the same cards that stopped wulf (sans laggia + dolkka).

Celestia is an awesome card. I expect more people to start playing Starlight Road/Effect Veiler which really just hurts the playability.

Aurkus, why in the hell do you guys play this guy this format at all? Maybe I'm maximum lucksack but I've dropped all three of the above names from my deck and can still consistently drop JD without playing lackluster cards. You can't normal summon this guy because he gets ran over. If he's facedown Inzektors can target and kill him. If he's face-up they can xyz and run over him. Wind-ups can run over him. Laggia/Dolkka love snacks I've been told.

Ranting aside: Play some Thunder King Rai-Ohs/DoomCal. Maybe even grand mole since this deck can drop a normal + a special every turn. Multiple Jains is pretty good and Ehren in multiples wouldn't be too bad for the amount of zenmaines I see every game (or main rota or something). Also, since MST will be mained in threes in everything why play any traps at all? I don't like my opponent to have any live cards since they will snipe off any card you set. Maxx "C" can be pretty irreleavant against this deck so making another four cards dead is nice too.

Kahlil

Kahlil

The Forbidden One

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8210 posts

To be totally honest I think if you want to play LS in this format you need to pack your Wulfs, Tragos, Celestias and Aurkus(es?) up and play better meta game choices.

Wulf is a 2100 level four beater (duh) in other formats that was a game changer in this one... what are you using him for? When I've milled him he's been nothing but a chump-blocker who got destroyed by a Laggia, Inzektor effect, or wind-up spam. She loves long walks on the beach, being drawn dead even at one, and being too slow for this format.

Tragoedia seems pretty hit-and-miss too. I personally never find this card useful since this format 9/010 people end with xyzs and his beater status can be dealt with by the same cards that stopped wulf (sans laggia + dolkka).

Celestia is an awesome card. I expect more people to start playing Starlight Road/Effect Veiler which really just hurts the playability.

Aurkus, why in the hell do you guys play this guy this format at all? Maybe I'm maximum lucksack but I've dropped all three of the above names from my deck and can still consistently drop JD without playing lackluster cards. You can't normal summon this guy because he gets ran over. If he's facedown Inzektors can target and kill him. If he's face-up they can xyz and run over him. Wind-ups can run over him. Laggia/Dolkka love snacks I've been told.

Ranting aside: Play some Thunder King Rai-Ohs/DoomCal. Maybe even grand mole since this deck can drop a normal + a special every turn. Multiple Jains is pretty good and Ehren in multiples wouldn't be too bad for the amount of zenmaines I see every game (or main rota or something). Also, since MST will be mained in threes in everything why play any traps at all? I don't like my opponent to have any live cards since they will snipe off any card you set. Maxx "C" can be pretty irreleavant against this deck so making another four cards dead is nice too.

Effect Veiler.

Zinrag

Zinrag

• Duelist
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Effect Veiler.

So, you need to have a Aurkus on board before they veiler your Celestia? That play creates a catch-22 of sorts. To Combat a single card you have to play many other cards in a certain order at the perfect time when you know your opponent has a veiler. The problem is: to use aurkus you need him face-up (duh... I know). To get him face-up you have to revive him or somehow he didn't die by battle/effect. Then you have to have another lightsworn on board and a celestia to drop. That means to get the + off of celestia you need to have prepared for at least a turn in advance for a play that most any other deck can laugh at. Not sure I would main a garbage card to combat a single good card. If I'm not seeing some retarded play please let me know because Aurkus does't do much of anything this format.

Edit: I guess you could hope to do Lyla/Ehren with Aurkus but those plays still fall short to the meta. I.E. if they have to veiler Ehren you are already winning a game that a tkro or doomcal could have already won you.

BGBK

BGBK

0o0o0o0o

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts
Aurkus also stops Fiendish Chain and Inzektor Hornet (single handingly makes Inzektor matchup in your favor).

Being able to go into Leviair or Zenmaines off Lumina is actually really handy and lets you slowplay games. Worst comes to worse, Aurkus is another Lightsworn name that you can summon and/or make use of with the various discard outlets the deck has.

I agree with Celestia and Tragoedia. Celestias has always been subpar ever since 2009 really and I just use the one for another name that isn't awful. I remember topping a regional maining 2 Celestia, and never summoning it the entire day. I doubt I've summoned more than 5 times playing like 500 games with this deck. Tragoedia is just fucking awful lol.

Conan Edogawa415

Conan Edogawa415

Case Closed!

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1549 posts
I've been running more of a twilight build a d running Eclipse Wyvern with pretty good results, fetching JD is pretty sweet

Zinrag

Zinrag

• Duelist
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Aurkus also stops Fiendish Chain and Inzektor Hornet (single handingly makes Inzektor matchup in your favor).

Being able to go into Leviair or Zenmaines off Lumina is actually really handy and lets you slowplay games. Worst comes to worse, Aurkus is another Lightsworn name that you can summon and/or make use of with the various discard outlets the deck has.

I agree with Celestia and Tragoedia. Celestias has always been subpar ever since 2009 really and I just use the one for another name that isn't awful. I remember topping a regional maining 2 Celestia, and never summoning it the entire day. I doubt I've summoned more than 5 times playing like 500 games with this deck. Tragoedia is just fucking awful lol.

The fiendish chain aspect does have some interesting implications for this format and my comment was more towards the posts that had like 2-3 Aurkus mained for this format and any for September 2012 which will hopefully give us a lot of new cards and hate on RR,WU,and Inzektors. Having one of to xyz kinda puts you in a bad position with Maxx "C" since you almost always have to lumina into him which takes Maxx "C" from nearly useless in the match to a +1. The fact he is a name counts towards all lightsworn (shire, the exclusive guy, the life gain one) so thats pretty null-n-void.

I think your point towards Inzektor Hornet is a bit jaded because how often will he be face-up against a deck that will pop your board and then xyz into a beater? I can't justify running him for that reason alone. He's just not great against very many decks... maybe GB excluded.

Also agree with your points on celestia, I barely ever summon her and Tragoedia is often pretty useless since you can drop your hand on a whim and having a beater in this deck doesn't do much since we have the best beaters (and maybe effect monsters) in the game.

Also, you didn't deserve a neg for that post so enjoy the pos. I wish people would at least attempt to do a rebutle before dropping the neg. But that's whatever. +rep also for the fiendish chain idea. However, aurkus is still awful. :P

Presence

Presence

Rhythmik Presence

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

The fiendish chain aspect does have some interesting implications for this format and my comment was more towards the posts that had like 2-3 Aurkus mained for this format and any for September 2012 which will hopefully give us a lot of new cards and hate on RR,WU,and Inzektors. Having one of to xyz kinda puts you in a bad position with Maxx "C" since you almost always have to lumina into him which takes Maxx "C" from nearly useless in the match to a +1. The fact he is a name counts towards all lightsworn (shire, the exclusive guy, the life gain one) so thats pretty null-n-void.

I think your point towards Inzektor Hornet is a bit jaded because how often will he be face-up against a deck that will pop your board and then xyz into a beater? I can't justify running him for that reason alone. He's just not great against very many decks... maybe GB excluded.

Your comment was unjustified. Aurkus is great at 1, fine at 2, and cloggy at 3. He forces Chains, Veilers, and other targeting cards to be completely useless. At one, the deck has enough ways to put him on the field to protect your JD, Celestia (though not optimal), and Lumina plays. He is great on your turn for protection, and he is better than a third Lyla or subpar Lightsworn. I don't know what makes you think that Maxx C is useless in this matchup, unless you are playing the wrong cards. With Lumina at 2 and JD at 3 you are special summoning a lot. If I drop a Lumina and activate the effect, the opponent chains Maxx C, and I lose any advantage that I was attempting to generate whether or not I have Aurkus.
Why don't we see what you play in its place?

Zinrag

Zinrag

• Duelist
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Your comment was unjustified. Aurkus is great at 1, fine at 2, and cloggy at 3. He forces Chains, Veilers, and other targeting cards to be completely useless. At one, the deck has enough ways to put him on the field to protect your JD, Celestia (though not optimal), and Lumina plays. He is great on your turn for protection, and he is better than a third Lyla or subpar Lightsworn. I don't know what makes you think that Maxx C is useless in this matchup, unless you are playing the wrong cards. With Lumina at 2 and JD at 3 you are special summoning a lot. If I drop a Lumina and activate the effect, the opponent chains Maxx C, and I lose any advantage that I was attempting to generate whether or not I have Aurkus.
Why don't we see what you play in its place?

He doesn't make them useless what-so-ever. Arurkus tells me what I can't do now but not what I won't do later. More often, he puts them (veiler/chain) on the back-burner until they take care of a 1800 defender. How does he protect JD? How does he do anything with lumina on the board? 1800 Defense on my turn means nothing when all three of the top decks can put game on board or put me into a bad position with one card outs. A third lyla or worse lightsworn, I'd suggest one that will be better in the future, jain comes to mind or another ehren to punish xyz while providing light warriors. You can't chain Maxx "C" to JDs summon so that's a null point and using lumina to get anything other than a one-for-one with Maxx "C" is horrible. Maxx "C" doesn't stop this deck or plus/neg you like it does in the rabbit/Wind-up match or any deck that runs tgus.

In place of aurkus I play two Thunder Kings. Another Light for LRGF and one of the best ones in the game.

Presence

Presence

Rhythmik Presence

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
Damn, I'm impressed you thought that out.

Zinrag

Zinrag

• Duelist
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Damn, I'm impressed you though that out.

Dam u str8 babygurl. Anyone else create a build post-GAOV? I messed with trade-in but decided I wouldn't want to drop JD most of the time and keeping a late game Gearfried can be clutch. Hopefully, we will get a lightray exclusive; maybe a Lightray Grepher or something.

victor

victor

Heavenly Almighty Duelist

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6790 posts
I think with COTH back at 3, the SwornBlade variant has the chance to make a comeback.

The deck typically plays the Warrior LS and Kuraz to fuel DDR and Hidden Armory. With Blade, DDR becomes Pot of Greed with Kuraz, as is COTH.

With Lightray Gearfried coming out, Kuraz is a LIGHT Warrior of a different name.

It's not really JD oriented, but it is an engine worthy of merit. Jain runs over Raioh, and Ehren beats Zenmaines, giving you some edge against the meta. With Lumina at 2, Garoth is decent again.

The issue is unlike in Traditional, we no longer have Dimension Fusion as a win condition. Perhaps someone can make something of it...

With Solar Recharge, Charge, and possibly even Trade In, alongside Kuraz, I'm sure there is some way to exploit all that drawpower.

hδs σrps

hδs σrps

iDesign

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

I think with COTH back at 3, the SwornBlade variant has the chance to make a comeback.

The deck typically plays the Warrior LS and Kuraz to fuel DDR and Hidden Armory. With Blade, DDR becomes Pot of Greed with Kuraz, as is COTH.

With Lightray Gearfried coming out, Kuraz is a LIGHT Warrior of a different name.

It's not really JD oriented, but it is an engine worthy of merit. Jain runs over Raioh, and Ehren beats Zenmaines, giving you some edge against the meta. With Lumina at 2, Garoth is decent again.

The issue is unlike in Traditional, we no longer have Dimension Fusion as a win condition. Perhaps someone can make something of it...

With Solar Recharge, Charge, and possibly even Trade In, alongside Kuraz, I'm sure there is some way to exploit all that drawpower.

Sounds like an interesting build. Not sure if I'd go the trade-in route, as I've always preferred to keep JD available.

Anyway, this is a build I put together that uses Mischief of the Yokai, since I thought the idea of that tech was very innovative.

[26]

3x Judgment Dragon
3x Effect Veiler
2x Lumina
2x jain
2x Garoth
2x Lyla
2x Ehren
2x Necro Gardna
2x Card Trooper
2x D.D. Crow
1x Honest
1x Gorz
1x BLS

[10]
3x Solar Recharge
2x Gold Sarcophagus
1x Monster Reborn
1x ROTA
1x COTLB
1x Dark Hole
1x Heavy Storm

[5]
3x Mischief of the Yokai
2x Torrential Tribute

atem16

atem16

Underworld Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1614 posts

Sounds like an interesting build. Not sure if I'd go the trade-in route, as I've always preferred to keep JD available.

Anyway, this is a build I put together that uses Mischief of the Yokai, since I thought the idea of that tech was very innovative.

[27]

3x Judgment Dragon
3x Effect Veiler
2x Lumina
2x jain
2x Garoth
2x Lyla
2x Ehren
2x Necro Gardna
2x Card Trooper
2x D.D. Crow
1x Honest
1x Gorz
1x LRGF
1x BLS

[9]
3x Solar Recharge
2x Gold Sarcophagus
1x ROTA
1x COTLB
1x Dark Hole
1x Heavy Storm

[5]
3x Mischief of the Yokai
2x Torrential Tribute

monster reborn?

hδs σrps

hδs σrps

iDesign

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

[27]

3x Judgment Dragon
3x Effect Veiler
2x Lumina
2x jain
2x Garoth
2x Lyla
2x Ehren
2x Necro Gardna
2x Card Trooper
2x D.D. Crow
1x Honest
1x Gorz
1x LRGF
1x BLS

[9]
3x Solar Recharge
2x Gold Sarcophagus
1x ROTA
1x COTLB
1x Dark Hole
1x Heavy Storm

[5]
3x Mischief of the Yokai
2x Torrential Tribute

monster reborn?

It's in their, I forgot to type it from DN. Come to think of it, I should have just posted a pic from DN.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: September 2011 Format, Lightsworn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users