Welcome to DuelistGroundz
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Blackwing - Discussion

September 2011 Format Blackwing

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
685 replies to this topic

Indignation

Indignation

Don't act like you're not impressed! — Ron Burgundy

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15244 posts

umm..............chaos dragons is countdowns best matchup

I know but I am talking about the interview of the guy from the last ycs or the one before. If I remember correctly he said it was his worst because Chaos Dragon can just dump everything on field (which he was afraid of most) and he can run out of resources to stop them. Maybe he is bad idunno but he topped.

edit: Oh when I say CD I mean Chaos Dragon not Countdown lol

Jazz`

Jazz`

Indigo Feather

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6601 posts

yup that's why chaos dragons is the best deck..

I never said they weren't, HOWEVER, any deck with a Recharge engine, fuckton of bosses, as well as just reliance on milling in general makes it an inconsistent deck. When I say inconsistent I don't mean that it's a bad deck, I mean that the deck just loses to it's own shitty hands sometimes. I'll trade brute force for less reliance on mills and less boss monsters that can cause bad hands in the opening stages of the game.

Mr.Green

Mr.Green

Plain Old Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
3 blizzard
3 bora
3 shura
3 veiler
1 bls
1 gorz
2 cardcar D
2 tkr
1 gale
1 kalut
1 kochi
1 zephyros

3 pod
1 bww
1 bom
1 forbidden chalice
2 forbidden lance
1 heavy storm
1 reborn

2 bth
2 warning
1 solemn judgment
3 icarus attack

my take on blackwings, not sure if doing it right

Jazz`

Jazz`

Indigo Feather

• Duelist
  • 6601 posts
When I dont play chaoswings but still wanna run BW,

-20-
3 Blackwing - Shura The Blue Flame
3 Blackwing - Blizzard The Far North
3 Tour Guide of The Underworld
2 Blackwing - Sirocco The Dawn
2 Blackwing - Vayu The Emblem of Honor
1 Dark Armed Dragon
1 Gorz The Emissary of Darkness
1 Blackwing - Bora The Spear
1 Blackwing - Zephyros The Elite
1 Blackwing - Kalut The Moon Shadow
1 Blackwing - Gale The Whirlwind
1 Sangan
-11-
3 Pot of Duality
2 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 Allure of Darkness
1 Black Whirlwind
1 Monster Reborn
1 Heavy Storm
1 Book of Moon
1 Dark Hole
-9-
3 Icarus Attack
2 Solemn Warning
2 Torrential Tribute
1 Bottomless Trap Hole
1 Solemn Judgment

and cbw

-23-
3 Ryko, Lightsworn Huner
3 Effect Veiler
2 Chaos Sorcerer
2 Thunder King Rai-Oh
1 Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of The Beginning
1 Dark Armed Dragon
1 Blackwing - Mistral The Silver Shield
-8-
2 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 Allure of Darkness
1 Charge of The Light Brigade
1 Monster Reborn
1 Heavy Storm
1 Dark Hole
1 Book of Moon
-9-
2 Icarus Attack
2 Solemn Warning
2 Bottomless Trap Hole
2 Torrential Tribute
1 Solemn Judgment

2 builds made for different playstyles. TGUwings are fast and proactive, but it gets walled hard by light pulsar/grapha which makes this a tough deck to play atm due to all the chaos dragon players. Icarus Attack, Tour Guide and Pot of Duality are all incredibly versatile cards that make this deck good. BTH will probably find its way into this variant of the deck.

I built cbw with the intention of "playing to not lose", this build has an excellent grinding game and is more reactive than TGUwings. instead of running subpar cards that are only good in conjunction with another card such as bora/sirocco/vayu, this deck forgoes those options and in place runs ryko which allows you to play less bws and still see them just as much while also giving a versatile destruction engine that fules both blizzard and chaos sorcerer. This build is meant to be a juggernaut of the field, between the traps in this deck, and chaos sorcerer/ryko/blizzard, it's very easy to always have the biggest atk power on the board.

Glimmervoid

Glimmervoid

God of Dark World

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1979 posts
3 Shura
3 Blizzard
2 Sirocco
2 Vayu
1 Bora
1 Zephyros
1 Kalut
1 Gale
1 Dark Armed
1 Gorz
1 Dark Grepher

3 Pot of Duality
2 Forbidden Lance
1 Heavy Storm
1 Dark Hole
1 Monster Reborn
1 Black Whirlwind
1 Allure of Darkness
1 Mind Control
1 Book of Moon

3 Icarus Attack
2 Bottomless Trap Hole
2 Torrential Tribute
2 Solemn Warning
1 Solemn Judgment
1 Starlight Road

What do you think of this kind of build?

Jazz`

Jazz`

Indigo Feather

• Duelist
  • 6601 posts

3 Shura
3 Blizzard
2 Sirocco
2 Vayu
1 Bora
1 Zephyros
1 Kalut
1 Gale
1 Dark Armed
1 Gorz
1 Dark Grepher

3 Pot of Duality
2 Forbidden Lance
1 Heavy Storm
1 Dark Hole
1 Monster Reborn
1 Black Whirlwind
1 Allure of Darkness
1 Mind Control
1 Book of Moon

3 Icarus Attack
2 Bottomless Trap Hole
2 Torrential Tribute
2 Solemn Warning
1 Solemn Judgment
1 Starlight Road

What do you think of this kind of build?

It's solid, but for personal preference I don't like running hit or miss cards like mind control and road. Also, your build gets walled hard by pulsar and grapha so make sure you side accordingly.

Jazz`

Jazz`

Indigo Feather

• Duelist
  • 6601 posts
-24-
3 Thunder King Rai-Oh
3 Effect Veiler
2 Chaos Sorcerer
2 Photon Thrasher
2 Blackwing - Shura The Blue Flame
2 Blackwing - Bora The Spear
2 Blackwing - Blizzard The Far North
1 Dark Armed Dragon
1 Honest
-8-
2 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 Allure of Darkness
1 Black Whirlwind
1 Heavy Storm
1 Book of Moon
1 Monster Reborn
1 Dark Hole
-8-
3 Icarus Attack
2 Solemn Warning
2 Torrential Tribute
1 Solemn Judgment

Testing only 2 shura because alot of times theyre just vanillas in my hand and boras actually help me go for game. originally it was - 3rd raioh, - honest, + 1 bth, + 3rd shura. I'm testing that out now, but everything else is working really well. Honest + bounzer/bls/shock master is the tits.

Indignation

Indignation

Don't act like you're not impressed! — Ron Burgundy

• Duelist
  • 15244 posts
Your deck is now so close to what mine was. I'll be coming back to this soon.

Jazz`

Jazz`

Indigo Feather

• Duelist
  • 6601 posts

Your deck is now so close to what mine was. I'll be coming back to this soon.

yeah lemme know, i'm interested in seeing your build. I've been really back and forth between cydra/sirocco/thrasher but I think I'm coming to like thrasher the most. It just relieves me of monster heavy hands and unlike cydra/sirocco I dont have to wait for my opponent to make a play for me to be able to drop it and worst case I can use it and a dead shura/bora/raioh to make a rank 4 to deal with a threat. Yeah I miss being able to aggro like you can with cydra + normal summon but I feel photon just gets me out of alot of shit that cydra/sirocco cant. the only thing I miss about sirocco is out I can icarus it, I don't think sirocco/bora is very good because yeah you can make that play, but you can go cydra/thrasher + blizzard/shura which is a better play most of the time (I do miss piercing rykos though) and cydra/thrasher fuel your chaos monsters and good lights are really hard to come by. Also I win lots of games with ze shock master thanks to thrasher.

7hhzz7

7hhzz7

Be Your Sound

• »Retired Staff
  • 15513 posts
yeah i've been really iffy on shura since a lot of the monster nowadays are 1900++

Jazz`

Jazz`

Indigo Feather

• Duelist
  • 6601 posts

yeah i've been really iffy on shura since a lot of the monster nowadays are 1900++

not just that, you only have 1 kalut and 1 book to really utilize his effect and yeah lance is awesome and all but it does nothing to pulsar/grapha.

atem16

atem16

Underworld Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1305 posts
Im kinda interested in making this deck, I know getting back kalut and the likes would be awesome but is there anythin else that needs to happen for this deck to be good again

Suuwo

Suuwo

Guardian

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Im kinda interested in making this deck, I know getting back kalut and the likes would be awesome but is there anythin else that needs to happen for this deck to be good again

Getting back kalut isn't enough. Needs more one card herp derp plusses to compete with the other one card gamebreaking plays the top decks have.

Jazz`

Jazz`

Indigo Feather

• Duelist
  • 6601 posts

Getting back kalut isn't enough. Needs more one card herp derp plusses to compete with the other one card gamebreaking plays the top decks have.

Posted Image

atem16

atem16

Underworld Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1305 posts

Posted Image

ya I do wish it would comeback

Jazz`

Jazz`

Indigo Feather

• Duelist
  • 6601 posts
-21-
3 Effect Veiler
2 Kycoo, The Ghost Destroyer
1 Dark Armed Dragon
1 Blackwing - Bora The Spear
-11-
2 Pot of Duality
2 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 Soul Taker
1 Allure of Darkness
1 Black Whirlwind
1 Book of Moon
1 Monster Reborn
1 Dark Hole
1 Heavy Storm
-9-
3 Icarus Attack
2 Bottomless Trap Hole
2 Solemn Warning
1 Torrential Tribute
1 Solemn Judgment

I like this build alot, icarus -> kycoo is the tits. there's so much I want to fit in here though, 2 lance, second TT, second bora and 3rd duality all come to mind. I'm very keen on 3 veiler/bls simply because armor master + veiler is so good.

Raylulz

Raylulz

Follow your dreams

• Loyalist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3132 posts
I'm noticing whenever I take out sircoco that I lose a lot more, but with my builds that include him at 2-3 I win nearly all my games. How's your build working for you jazz?

Jazz`

Jazz`

Indigo Feather

• Duelist
  • 6601 posts

I'm noticing whenever I take out sircoco that I lose a lot more, but with my builds that include him at 2-3 I win nearly all my games. How's your build working for you jazz?

It's pretty good, sometimes I miss the raiohs/sorcerers from the chaos build so i'm really back and forth between these two decks. kycoo is just awesome and bw is one of the few decks that really makes kycoo shine because of icarus attack. blowing boards and stripping their grave and shunting chaos dragons from doing anything wins game. I've just dropped to 1 main decked mst and added the 3rd duality, and I'm loving duality. every bw deck imo needs 5-6 mained outs to grapha/pulsar otherwise you'll lose alot of games to just being completely walled. I like sirocco but I don't. as a singular card, sirocco is subpar but you have 5 ways of getting vayu to the grave, icarus lets you +1 with it, it helps against rabbit/hero, sirocco->bora is nice. etc. What kind of build are you playing? because if it's not chaos then you should be running vayu/sirocco.

Raylulz

Raylulz

Follow your dreams

• Loyalist
  • 3132 posts
My build is similar to yours but I run full bora, full sircoco, but only one vayu. I hate going past one unless I'm trying to force it into a vayu turbo variant, I find that I'm rarely synchro/xyz'ing but winning from my pokes. My playstyle must be messed up or something because the way I viewed this deck played over the years in not the way people that are better than me are doing it yet I still manage. I'm just afraid to pump anything I find dead to draw into the 2's or 3's. Also I'm doing icarus at 2 and your doing it at 3 so this could also be what hinders me from using vayu in 2 or full, I might have to try icarus at 3. I also took DaD out because I found myself siding it out a lot and it really only helps early game unless I can touch my grave with blizzard/Zephy. I find that 2 prison works really well in here until of course I run into a zektor match which I can just side out but like people have stated (I think you too) Zektors aren't even our main issue.

Our build is about 7 cards different maybe even more, I'm too lazy to go downstairs to grab it lol. I noticed you aren't using zephy though, do you just not like it without the chains in the main? I find myself going blizzard to pick up bora then return bora for zephy and ss bora and going for some nice end game damage pretty frequently.

Jazz`

Jazz`

Indigo Feather

• Duelist
  • 6601 posts

My build is similar to yours but I run full bora, full sircoco, but only one vayu. I hate going past one unless I'm trying to force it into a vayu turbo variant, I find that I'm rarely synchro/xyz'ing but winning from my pokes. My playstyle must be messed up or something because the way I viewed this deck played over the years in not the way people that are better than me are doing it yet I still manage. I'm just afraid to pump anything I find dead to draw into the 2's or 3's. Also I'm doing icarus at 2 and your doing it at 3 so this could also be what hinders me from using vayu in 2 or full, I might have to try icarus at 3. I also took DaD out because I found myself siding it out a lot and it really only helps early game unless I can touch my grave with blizzard/Zephy. I find that 2 prison works really well in here until of course I run into a zektor match which I can just side out but like people have stated (I think you too) Zektors aren't even our main issue.

Our build is about 7 cards different maybe even more, I'm too lazy to go downstairs to grab it lol. I noticed you aren't using zephy though, do you just not like it without the chains in the main? I find myself going blizzard to pick up bora then return bora for zephy and ss bora and going for some nice end game damage pretty frequently.

i dont use zeph in that build because its not needed, in my chaos variant I run one, however. dad is one of the best cards in this deck, you have to play it, yes dad can be dead late game but it's worth it. yeah 3 icarus is what makes dub vayu awesome, the pluses you get off of it as well as 2300/2500/2800 body is great for game winning shots or field control.

Jazz`

Jazz`

Indigo Feather

• Duelist
  • 6601 posts
my final chaos variant (i think)

-19-
3 Effect Veiler
2 Thunder King Rai-Oh
1 Dark Armed Dragon
1 Chaos Sorcerer
-12-
3 Pot of Duality
2 Forbidden Lance
1 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 Allure of Darkness
1 Heavy Storm
1 Dark Hole
1 Monster Reborn
1 Book of Moon
1 Mind Control
-9-
3 Icarus Attack
2 Bottomless Trap Hole
2 Solemn Warning
1 Torrential Tribute
1 Solemn Judgment

Idk why I ever took duality out, card puts in work. Last thing I'm testing is 1 soul taker/1 lance or 0 soul taker/2 lance in main.

blu boy

blu boy

burn one

• Loyalist
  • 3639 posts
I hope this deck gets something back September, then i'll come back

7hhzz7

7hhzz7

Be Your Sound

• »Retired Staff
  • 15513 posts
we need oppression or kalut unlimited pls.

blu boy

blu boy

burn one

• Loyalist
  • 3639 posts
Kalut, Whirlwind, and Gale to two

:P

Shuren

Shuren

X

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts
Goyo Guardian to 1 Kalut and Book to 2 plz

Jazz`

Jazz`

Indigo Feather

• Duelist
  • 6601 posts
Goyo would be sososososososo amazing. card would help out alot against dw too.

Pretty Boy Marcus

Pretty Boy Marcus

Small Dong, Bigger Studios

• Duelist
  • 4056 posts
oppression at 3? are you kidding me.

Jazz`

Jazz`

Indigo Feather

• Duelist
  • 6601 posts

oppression at 3? are you kidding me.

We can always dream.

Jazz`

Jazz`

Indigo Feather

• Duelist
  • 6601 posts

my meta is mostly dragons, and with triple icarus I can get away with 1 mst main decked, I didn't like more than 1 lance because 2 lance/1 book of moon sucked when I couldnt draw monsters and lance acts as a pseudo mst and really helps shura. 1 soul taker for pulsar/red eyes or just anything I'm having trouble with at that given time. 1 sorc/1 bls is all the chaos that you need, and runs alot more smoothly than 2 sorc/1 bls. everything else is basic, blizzard->mistral -> gachi is cute and strike bounzer is awesome. I only main 1 tt because I didn't like 2 warning/2 tt/2 bth/1 judgment if and when I lost the die roll and I chose 2 bth over 2 tt because I wanted more main decked outs to grapha/pulsar as well as protecting my armor master set ups from opponents sorc/bls. black whirlwind sucks in this build because I chose to only run the good bw cards and there's not enough good bws to warrant whirlwind in here.

blu boy

blu boy

burn one

• Loyalist
  • 3639 posts
hello blackwings. im gonna pick this deck up next format hopefully :)

Cipher Zero

Cipher Zero

Plain Old Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
I want to fit in 2 Forbidden Lance and 2 Fiendish Chain. But, I have no idea what to take out.

Main Deck: 42

Monsters: 21
Dark Armed Dragon
Gorz the Emissary of Darkness
Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning
Effect Veiler x3
Blackwing - Vayu the Emblem of Honor
Blackwing - Blizzard the Far North x2
Blackwing - Gale the Whirlwind
Blackwing - Kochi the Daybreak
Blackwing - Kalut the Moon Shadow
Blackwing - Zephyros the Elite
Blackwing - Bora the Spear x3
Blackwing - Shura the Blue Flame x3
Blackwing - Sirocco the Dawn x2

Spells: 12
Allure of Darkness
Pot of Duality x3
Black Whirlwind
Book of Moon
Mind Control
Dark Hole
Monster Reborn
Heavy Storm
Mystical Space Typhoon x2

Traps: 9
Bottomless Trap Hole x2
Icarus Attack x3
Mirror Force
Solemn Judgment
Solemn Warning x2

Extra: 15
Ally of Justice Catastor
Blackwing Armed Wing x2
Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
Gaia Knight, the Force of Earth
Black Rose Dragon
Blackwing Armor Master x2
Blackwing - Silverwind the Ascendant
Colossal Fighter
Dark End Dragon
Stardust Dragon
Maestroke the Symphony Djinn
Number 39: Utopia
Steelswarm Roach

wow

wow

a real philosopher

• Duelist
  • 8633 posts
I would've thought that the lv4 Tuner + Bora + lots of traps wouldve been the way to go here.

Yune

Yune

Know Your Self

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts
Posted Image

Is it that hard to cram 5 Darks into the grave? Once it comes out, it walls everything with its 3000 DEF and is a once per turn Monster Reborn. It has decent attack if you need it for that, but it mostly hangs out in defense and revives stuff. It would require shifting the deck away from Chaos though, but IMO this card has a higher power level than Chaos Sorcerer.

Unknown001

Unknown001

Let Your Dreams Take Flight

• Duelist
  • 3363 posts

Posted Image

Is it that hard to cram 5 Darks into the grave? Once it comes out, it walls everything with its 3000 DEF and is a once per turn Monster Reborn. It has decent attack if you need it for that, but it mostly hangs out in defense and revives stuff. It would require shifting the deck away from Chaos though, but IMO this card has a higher power level than Chaos Sorcerer.

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned, by having 5 or more DARK monsters in your Graveyard while you control no monsters. Once per turn, you can remove from play 1 DARK monster in your Graveyard to Special Summon 1 DARK monster from your Graveyard.

If you're not controlling any monsters with this deck you're gonna have a bad time; you always want a BW on the field for/feint Icarus/Kalut

I can see this guy clogging if you're unfortunate to draw it G1

Can't think of any monster I would want to RFG besides Blizzard

edit: I guess if you manage to get this guy on field you can fodder of the stuff for Icarus

Jazz`

Jazz`

Indigo Feather

• Duelist
  • 6601 posts
If the Satoshi list is confirmed..

-18-
3 Blackwing - Bora The Spear
2 Blackwing - Kalut The Moon Shadow
2 Blackwing - Blizzard The Far North
1 Dark Armed Dragon
-11-
3 Mystical Space Typhoon
2 Pot of Duality
1 Allure of Darkness
1 Black Whirlwind
1 Heavy Storm
1 Monster Reborn
1 Dark Hole
1 Book of Moon
-12-
3 Icarus Attack
2 Bottomless Trap Hole
2 Dimensional Prison
2 Solemn Warning
1 Starlight Road
1 Torrential Tribute
1 Solemn Judgment

Wild Caniac

Wild Caniac

Mew.

• Duelist
  • 6151 posts
I would drop Road for the 3rd Blizzard and find something else to drop for the 2nd Torrential.

blu boy

blu boy

burn one

• Loyalist
  • 3639 posts
Blizzard isn't so hot without Brionac and Goyo, but I recently discovered this guy (plus there's Gaia Knight):

Posted Image

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
When this card is Synchro Summoned: It gains 300 ATK for each face-up monster your opponent controls. Once per turn, during your opponent's Battle Phase: You can target 1 Defense Position monster your opponent controls; change it to face-up Attack Position, also it must attack this turn, if able.

This guy can get pretty big.

Mitch

Mitch

Make every second divine~

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1690 posts
That's actually pretty good. I really wanna start messing with this deck again now.

Unknown001

Unknown001

Let Your Dreams Take Flight

• Duelist
  • 3363 posts
Think it might take more than 2 Kaluts for this deck to be up there again. I'm hoping I'm wrong, I really miss using this deck lol

7hhzz7

7hhzz7

Be Your Sound

• »Retired Staff
  • 15513 posts
This deck needs at least 1 Royal Oppression in order for it to be back to "good" again.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: September 2011 Format, Blackwing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users