Welcome to DuelistGroundz
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Dragunity - Discussion

September 2011 Format Dragunity

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
234 replies to this topic

Nimo

Nimo

Tomb Keeper

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted Image

Been using 2 of them with a bit of success, they diuble as on spot removal and recycling of key cards. It can also return your 0/0 REDMD after you use its effect to start kicking again.

And they work around can't be destroyed stuff konami seems to be throwing into everything lately.

4lt3rn4t1v3

4lt3rn4t1v3

Plain Old Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
Quill Pen seems awesome; if targeting Laggia and they negate, do you still shuffle the two back?

Randy

Randy

Have you read Claiomh Solais the Hazehawk?

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts
It's not a cost.

TheLordGojira

TheLordGojira

Tomb Keeper

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
I'm a little confused as to why everybody seems to run 3 Consonance for 4 tuners.

I'm running into far too many dead consonance even with just 2.

Randy

Randy

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts
I've cut consonance completely from my non-pure builds/atum builds.

canasian

canasian

It's pretty adorable

• +Ancient Moderoid
  • 2339 posts

I'm a little confused as to why everybody seems to run 3 Consonance for 4 tuners.

I'm running into far too many dead consonance even with just 2.

Whenever you draw Consonance you can use Ravine to search a Tuner, or if there are no tuners left in your deck (which is a pretty rare occurrence) then you can just pitch the dead Consonance to search your Dux/Leggionaire.

Nimo

Nimo

Tomb Keeper

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
I'm also iffy on Consonance, seem to appear in the worst times.

Also the op should be updated, so much has changed since then.

TheLordGojira

TheLordGojira

Tomb Keeper

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts

I'm a little confused as to why everybody seems to run 3 Consonance for 4 tuners. I'm running into far too many dead consonance even with just 2.

Whenever you draw Consonance you can use Ravine to search a Tuner, or if there are no tuners left in your deck (which is a pretty rare occurrence) then you can just pitch the dead Consonance to search your Dux/Leggionaire.

I'm well aware of that... but drawing into consonance off of consonance make me want to facepalm.

Furthermore sometimes you just don't want to search for a tuner to maybe draw the card you need to search for in the first place.

Being able to toss dead consonance for Ravine is nice, but having too many dead cards with that logic leads to terri-bad hands. Which happens way too much.

For example, Mystletainn + Consonance.

faceguy

faceguy

Basketball never dies.

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1760 posts
why are we talking bout getting rid of consonance?

Randy

Randy

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts
Because it's another card that's often dead without ravine.

TheLordGojira

TheLordGojira

Tomb Keeper

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
There wasn't really much of a problem with it before, but now that we're running cards like Mystletainn and REDMD, it's just leading to too many dead hands.

The fact of the matter is that there are only 4 targets in the deck (searchable or not) that are often discarded through another outlet anyway. I don't think it's worth it.

Consonance is dead without Ravine, and often dead WITH Ravine if you already have your tuner in grave anyway. Furthermore even made live via Ravine, that implies that you tossed out another potentially live card just to fuel consonance and potentially draw dead.

faceguy

faceguy

Basketball never dies.

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1760 posts
if u get rid of card of consonance your fucking retarded

! (^_^) !

! (^_^) !

Brave Heart

• Duelist
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
I like this deck's potential.
Made a build myself - http://duelistground...howtopic=144341

TheLordGojira

TheLordGojira

Tomb Keeper

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
http://duelistground...howtopic=144382

Build I ran at YCS Phily.

Why is this thread so dead so much?

Randy

Randy

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts
This deck has more complicated loops than hieratics.

Nimo

Nimo

Tomb Keeper

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

What did you side in and out in your matches?

And would change anything about the build now?

Randy

Randy

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts
Another point on consonance; the deck now abuses gae dearg much more, especially during the loops. Dearg thus becomes another way outside of ravine to tutor duxes to hand. Often times you just want to dump a tuner instead of something useful like mystletainn/redmd/drago. Searching sided crows is also useful.

TheLordGojira

TheLordGojira

Tomb Keeper

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts

This deck has more complicated loops than hieratics.

Don't know if I would say that, but I would say it dead draws less. I also think it's a tad easier to get started, if more normal summon reliant.

The end result is also more versatile, as it could be any level 8 in your extra deck.

The real advantage is that the deck can simultaneously play aggro and control on similar levels (all your beaters create an element of control), and can play Koa'ki Meiru Drago without being hurt by it in the slightest, as opposed to being shut down completely.

What did you side in and out in your matches?

And would change anything about the build now?

Inzektors:
In: Veiler, Drago, Typhoon, Bribe, 2 Safe Zone, 2 Shadow-Imprisoning Mirror
Out: Mind Control, Foolish Burial, Cards of Consonance, Legionnaire, Dark Hole, Torrential Tribute, Solemn Warning, Aklys

In retrospect I'm not sure I would still cut the Legionnaire and Aklys, as that's the only reason I lost game 2, and Legionnaire + Aklys works under Dimensional Fissure. I don't bother siding the crow in because I simply didn't feel the need, and there's simply too much going in in the first place. If I saw D-Fissure game 2 I would side in Iron Wall game 3.

Blackwings:
In: Dark Bribe, Typhoon
Out: Call of the Haunted, Consonance,

Sort of did this on the fly. Honestly don't even feel I needed to side at all.

Rabbit:
In: Veiler, Electric Virus, MST, 2 Imperial Iron Wall
Out: 1 Drago, Consonance, 2 Call of the Haunted, 1 Fiendish Chain

In the future, I'd want to side in the Safe Zones, I think.
Also not sure how I felt about siding out Drago. I think I got a little preoccupied with the Rabbit itself, and didn't really put enough consideration into the rest of the deck, but I honestly just couldn't think of what else to cut. Same thing with Call of the Haunted; really didn't like doing that, but I felt it was a distinct possibility they'd hit Macro before I hit Iron Wall, and that'd suck alot.
Sort of what I get for not really playing for 3 months beforehand and not knowing how to side against Rabbit that well.

Regardless, Imperial Iron Wall is your best friend. This is one of, if not the only competitive deck (at least it is in my mind) that can get away with running it without sacrificing SOMETHING. On the other hand, it renders their rabbits dead, their Macro Cosmos invalid, and BTH and D-Prison both useless.
If you can reach it before they get Laggia on the board, you should win. Just don't feed Guaiba.

Dark Worlds
In: D.D. Crow, Drago, MST, Dark Bribe, 1 Safe Zone, 2 Shadow Imprisoning
Out: 2 Effect Veiler, Consonance, Book of Moon, Mind Control, 1 Fiendish Chain, 1 Mystletainn
Not the biggest fan of siding out Mystletainn, but I don't expect to see Veilers in that matchup. As it stands, I didn't know what to swap for the second safe zone.

Chain Burn:
In: 2 Royal Decree, Drago, MST, Dark Bribe
Out: 2 Fiendish Chain, Torrential, 2 Solemn Warning
Kinda straight forward, really.

Chaos Dragons:
In: 2 Electric Virus, Drago, 2 Iron Wall, 2 Safe Zone
Out: Heavy Storm, 2 MST, Book of Moon, Torrential, Consonance, Foolish Burial

Gravekeepers:
In: Drago, Typhoon, Bribe, 2 Decree
Out: Consonance, 1 Solemn Warning, Mind Control, 2 Call of the Haunted

Heroes
In: Typhoon, Bribe, 2 Decree
Out: Mind Control, 2 Effect Veiler, Solemn Warning

Honestly, in the main, there's nothing I'd really change at this point. If I can find space, I'd fit in the 3rd MST, since the deck scoops to Skill Drain.

The side on the other hand, while solid, could use some work. I didn't really spend much time on it, so what you see me side in and out sometimes feels a little funny, and isn't totally precise.

Nimo

Nimo

Tomb Keeper

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
Good call on IIW, didn't think it will be that helpful.

Did you feel it's less consistent with 41 cards? or was it not that big of a deal?

Randy

Randy

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts
Anybody else consider the ninja engine here? It seems to synergize a lot more with dragunities than hieratics. It's a way to get the engine going without the reliance of ravine and any mst that the super trans bait out is all the better for future ravines.

TheLordGojira

TheLordGojira

Tomb Keeper

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Good call on IIW, didn't think it will be that helpful. Did you feel it's less consistent with 41 cards? or was it not that big of a deal?

It wasn't a big deal at all. I've been running 41 for a long time.

And Randy, what exactly did you have in mind for the ninja engine? I'm struggling to figure out how it would be helpful at all... Seems like you'd be eating up space you don't have for subpar plays and summons.
I mean, what are you gonna summon with Super Transformation anyway?

timanthony

timanthony

I'm fucking salty

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1202 posts
So did Atum basically rejuvenate this deck ?

faceguy

faceguy

Basketball never dies.

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1760 posts
yes. in the middle of working on a build.

Randy

Randy

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Good call on IIW, didn't think it will be that helpful. Did you feel it's less consistent with 41 cards? or was it not that big of a deal?

And Randy, what exactly did you have in mind for the ninja engine? I'm struggling to figure out how it would be helpful at all... Seems like you'd be eating up space you don't have for subpar plays and summons.

Mystletainns or phalanx to feed mystletainns/dux (redmd occasionally or even leyvaten too). The deck struggles to put presence on board without ravine. The ninja aspect either gets your combo pieces or baits out disruption to make your future plays smoother.

timanthony

timanthony

I'm fucking salty

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1202 posts
In Testing I'm liking this deck a lot guys , some of these combos are nutty. I started with "! (^_^) !"s deck and edited from there.

I like Card Car D x2 in here it seems like if you open without Ravine it gives you more options it also helps on turns when you have stardust + protection drawing more defensive cards to secure the game then win the following turn .

I think the extra is up for debate how necessary is Exe Beetle ?

TheLordGojira

TheLordGojira

Tomb Keeper

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Mystletainns or phalanx to feed mystletainns/dux (redmd occasionally or even leyvaten too). The deck struggles to put presence on board without ravine. The ninja aspect either gets your combo pieces or baits out disruption to make your future plays smoother.

That seems like a really subpar use of the card, and the deck doesn't struggle THAT hard.

The ninja aspect seems like it would sacrifice spell and trap slots that currently provide the deck with necessary security and removal in favor of gimicky ninja plays that throw dead cards in your hand to... of all things, summon a phalanx or mystletainn from the deck. Ravine lets you throw out dead Super Transformations, but that doesn't mean you should look for dead cards to put in the deck.

Furthermore, Hanzo on top of Ravine is just begging to get fucked up by a single Thunder King Rai-Oh.

@timanthony:
Card Car D huh? Not sure it's really necessary, but I suppose it could work. Kind of nice how it could draw out Veilers, but I think for the most part you can search for what you want. The problem with any defensive cards you might draw is that you can't use them until the next turn, and you can't really run Gorz in this deck, since you have a field spell at all times.
If it works for you go for it, but I don't really like the idea of it.

Exa-Beetle is not necessary in the slightest. I have never been in a situation where I would want to make it, and I don't run it as a result. The one thing you could do with it is make a cute play by equipping Aklys and popping two cards for the price of one, which, while really good, is something you don't really need Exa-beetle's help for. But 99/100 times, you'd rather make Atum or Strike Bounzer, or just Synchro the lvl 6's off into Scrap Dragon if you really need to pop something.

Besides, Extra Deck space is and always been too tight in Dragunities. If you can find space for Exa-Beetle, I'm sure there's something better you can put in it's place.

OuzoRx

OuzoRx

Tomb Keeper

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

That seems like a really subpar use of the card, and the deck doesn't struggle THAT hard.

The ninja aspect seems like it would sacrifice spell and trap slots that currently provide the deck with necessary security and removal in favor of gimicky ninja plays that throw dead cards in your hand to... of all things, summon a phalanx or mystletainn from the deck. Ravine lets you throw out dead Super Transformations, but that doesn't mean you should look for dead cards to put in the deck.

Furthermore, Hanzo on top of Ravine is just begging to get fucked up by a single Thunder King Rai-Oh.

@timanthony:
Card Car D huh? Not sure it's really necessary, but I suppose it could work. Kind of nice how it could draw out Veilers, but I think for the most part you can search for what you want. The problem with any defensive cards you might draw is that you can't use them until the next turn, and you can't really run Gorz in this deck, since you have a field spell at all times.
If it works for you go for it, but I don't really like the idea of it.

Exa-Beetle is not necessary in the slightest. I have never been in a situation where I would want to make it, and I don't run it as a result. The one thing you could do with it is make a cute play by equipping Aklys and popping two cards for the price of one, which, while really good, is something you don't really need Exa-beetle's help for. But 99/100 times, you'd rather make Atum or Strike Bounzer, or just Synchro the lvl 6's off into Scrap Dragon if you really need to pop something.

Besides, Extra Deck space is and always been too tight in Dragunities. If you can find space for Exa-Beetle, I'm sure there's something better you can put in it's place.

Dude your on dgz

Randy

Randy

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts
I realize some cards could end up being dead later in the game but my view was basically that the deck is extremely slow if it doesn't open 1/7 cards. The ninjas give you 4 more chances to open with an engine starter (14% higher). Seeing as how mystle/phalanx are two core monsters in the deck, getting one of them out without a minus does a lot to stabilize the deck or start a combo.

And who plays thunder king anymore?

I admit, it does take a bit of defense out and make the deck more aggro.

TheLordGojira

TheLordGojira

Tomb Keeper

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
T-King doesn't see NO play. It's still a solid side-deck choice at the least, and you're likely to see it at some point in a tournament setting, and most likely from what are already your worst matchups (That are not Dark World).

Personally I prefer Drago as an alternative opening, but if you try out the ninjas let me know how it works.

timanthony

timanthony

I'm fucking salty

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1202 posts
ok rly loving this deck , I've done a good amount of testing I'm around 1350ish on DN starting at 1240ish. My Thoughts so far

-The deck is really solid and Atum/REMD have added explosiveness the deck lacked to be a contender.
-The Inzektor has been suprisingly easy, 3 Veiler + a couple Fiendish Chains/Evac make this cake. If you get Stardust out basically they need Lance to mount you and if you have Veiler its GG.
-The Chaos Dragon matchup is good , Again Stardust controls ryko/lyla/mst/dark hole. basically if you have Stardust you just need to stall until you get defense and a second beater (Scrap Dragon or something) And use they Chaos monsters are a problem but thats their only outs through your basic defense.

-DW is a nightmare matchup, I havent played Rabbit yet but if you get Stardust out before Laggia you should win.
-Veiler doesnt hurt this deck as much as I would've thought , Maxx C would kill it but no one runs it so.

-I like a couple Card Car d's but 3 clogged.
-I dont like or run Torrential in this considering the first thing you summon is almost always Stardust

OuzoRx

OuzoRx

Tomb Keeper

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts
I'm thinking of running this deck at gaming etc regionals but i need to find a good side

TheLordGojira

TheLordGojira

Tomb Keeper

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
KKM Drago, Electric Virus, Royal Decree, SIM, DD Crow makes a pretty basic skeleton. And again, I feel Imperial Iron Wall is simply the shits.

I was only using 2 Decree in the side, but I think I might bump it to 3. Skill Drain is just such a bitch.

Also might try and squeeze in Maxx "C".

OuzoRx

OuzoRx

Tomb Keeper

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts
Thanks and btw i was the other guy with nate at ycs philly, another card ive also been testing in the side is doomcalibur knight

TheLordGojira

TheLordGojira

Tomb Keeper

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
Oh hey, how ya doin?

I was thinking about Doomcaliber Knight not that long ago, but ultimately scrapped the idea due to shutting yourself down and getting killed by veiler. I just don't think there's really any synergy there, considering how effect driven the deck is.

Are you using a conversion side?

Nimo

Nimo

Tomb Keeper

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
Lance is pretty amazing now, i think we should play at least 2.

Glimmervoid

Glimmervoid

God of Dark World

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1979 posts
Why is people playing 2 Fiendish and 2 Veiler instead of 3 Veiler? Zephyros?

Would you explain some of the most important combos?

faceguy

faceguy

Basketball never dies.

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1760 posts
here is my list been working really well so far

i feel trap heavy versions are not as good but i'm still in testing phase

dux-3
mystiletainn-3
phalanx-3
veiler-3
aklys-1
legionnaire-1
red mud-1
zephyros-1

consonance-3
ravine-3
terraforming-3
mst-3
soul taker-2
heavy-1
foolish-1
pot of avarice-1
book-1
hole-1
mind control-1
reborn-1

warning-2
judgment-1
trap stun-1(working suprisingly well so far)

OuzoRx

OuzoRx

Tomb Keeper

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Oh hey, how ya doin?

I was thinking about Doomcaliber Knight not that long ago, but ultimately scrapped the idea due to shutting yourself down and getting killed by veiler. I just don't think there's really any synergy there, considering how effect driven the deck is.

Are you using a conversion side?

Not really but to me i like doomcalibur knight for the simple fact that your opponent cant leave it on the feild and it is an immediate answer to the inzektor match up along side with the dragos.

timanthony

timanthony

I'm fucking salty

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1202 posts
yeah I'm liking Lance a lot right now

Cerberus

Cerberus

Plain Old Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Why is people playing 2 Fiendish and 2 Veiler instead of 3 Veiler? Zephyros?

Would you explain some of the most important combos?

PhoenixFlareX on Youtube explains some combos regarding Atum Dragunity, but if you visit the Pojo TCG Strategies Dragunity thread, you'll see a comprehensive guide of more combos there:

http://www.youtube.c...07&feature=plcp

Basically, because Mystletainn, Vajrayana and Gae Dearg are level 6's, you can Xyz Atum to tutor REDMD. The REDMD can then special summon one of the Xyz materials you used to make Atum. This is the most basic and fundamental reason why Dragunities are seeing play again. However, everything can be stopped if your opponent Veilers your Dux.

If you want to go over the top, Baby Roc, who can be special summoned by Gae Dearg's effect, can be used for more synchro spam. The over-the-top OTKs involve Brionac to continually bounce your own REDMD's effect to your Hand to reuse its special summoning effect (Atum is often your banishing target for REDMD) to keep on Xyzing where you eventually Xyz into Gustaph if you main 2-3x REDMD.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: September 2011 Format, Dragunity

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users