Welcome to DuelistGroundz
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Gadget - Discussion

September 2011 Format Gadget

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
184 replies to this topic

anduril38

anduril38

Underworld Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1771 posts
How the 3 Caius working for you? I've been using it more in Offering variants, but haven't tried it in this variant yet.

Nate the Awesome

Nate the Awesome

The Greatest

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2468 posts
Actually, I just put in a 3rd Caius. I figured: Lets try 3 since 2 is pretty damn good, it isn't dead unless I don't have monsters to tribute and there's rarely a time I don't want to draw into it or already have it in hand.

Gojira

Gojira

First Kill

• Duelist
  • 2729 posts
I'm thinking machina should be considered again for this format. It's been testing great, and it has a lot of potential and flexibility, which helps with siding.

Yesterday I went x-0 to win a box tourny, which included matchups against the top decks (for example, there was this guy who was playing Billy Brake's TGU/Tengu/plant synchro deck from the last YCS)

TFJ

TFJ

Professor quirrel

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1857 posts

I'm thinking machina should be considered again for this format. It's been testing great, and it has a lot of potential and flexibility, which helps with siding.

Yesterday I went x-0 to win a box tourny, which included matchups against the top decks (for example, there was this guy who was playing Billy Brake's TGU/Tengu/plant synchro deck from the last YCS)

Was it Billy Brake playing his TGU/Tengu/Plant synchro deck from the last YCS? Could be a big difference. Just kidding though, congrats.

How many rounds was it though? And why did you choose Machina Gadgets in the first place? I guess you were testing it before the box tourny - I see you mentioned it the page before.

Bulleht

Bulleht

wait! WHAT?

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts

What's the decklist?
And how many participants in the tourney?

Waffles

Waffles

PUNK RAVE

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
how about dark gadgets?

Monsters: 18
2x Red Gadget
2x Green Gadget
2x Yellow Gadget
2x Caius the Shadow Monarch
2x Gravekeeper's Spy
2x Breaker the Magical Warrior
2x Spirit Reaper
1x Dark Armed Dragon
1x Gorz the Emissary of Darkness
1x Blackwing - Gale the Whirlwind
1x Sangan

Spells: 14
3x Pot of Duality
3x Smashing Ground
2x Mystical Space Typhoon
1x Book of Moon
1x Dark Hole
1x Monster Reborn
1x Heavy Storm
1x Pot of Avarice
1x Allure of Darkness

Traps: 10
3x Dimensional Prison
2x Bottomless Trap Hole
2x Solemn Warning
1x Mirror Force
1x Torrential Tribute
1x Solemn Judgment

Total: 42

Spaceman

Spaceman

Ground Duelist

• Duelist
  • 2477 posts
Definitely would need a Gale in the main board. You COULD try the Spy engine in your deck. (Didn't someone use the Spy Engine and topped at like a YCS with it?)

Waffles

Waffles

PUNK RAVE

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Definitely would need a Gale in the main board. You COULD try the Spy engine in your deck. (Didn't someone use the Spy Engine and topped at like a YCS with it?)

i like that a lot actually. if nothing else, spy turns into a roach.

canasian

canasian

mfw Shell Armor

• +Ancient Moderoid
  • 3700 posts
Both of the DT13 Rank 4 Xyz' are amazing additions to this deck.
Playing this on DNet, it's been too good:

3 Effect Veiler
3 Green Gadget
3 Red Gadget
3 Yellow Gadget
2 Breaker the Magical Warrior
1 Glow-Up Bulb

3 Mystical Space Typhoon
3 Pot of Duality
2 Smashing Ground
1 Dark Hole
1 Monster Reborn
1 Pot of Avarice

3 Ultimate Offering
2 Bottomless Trap Hole
2 Solemn Warning
2 Starlight Road
1 Dimensional Prison
1 Mirror Force
1 Solemn Judgment
1 Torrential Tribute
1 Trap Dustshoot

1 Ally of Justice Catastor
1 Naturia Beast
1 Stardust Dragon
1 Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
1 Mist Wurm
2 Daigusto Emeral
1 Evigishki Merrowgeist
1 Gem-Knight Pearl
1 Kachi Kochi Dragon
1 Lavalval Chain
1 No. 16, Shock Ruler Conqueror of Colors
1 No. 39, Utopia
1 Steelswarm Roach
1 Vylon Disigma

Warthog

Warthog

Totally Twisted

• Duelist
  • 2618 posts
Im messing with a Gadget that plays no Traps minus Trap Dustshoot, 2 Veiler and 2 Maxx C, Gorz and Trag, and mass removal. Creature Swap is boss. Still needs more testing but its been doing well thus far.

2x Green gadget
2x Red Gadget
2x Yellow gadget
2x Trag
1x Gorz
2x Veiler
2x Maxx C
3x Photon Tiger

3x Smashing
3x Creature Swap
2x Nobleman of Crossout
2x MST
1x Heavy
1x Reborn
3x Shrink (this is meh but its an out to SDD)
1x Dark Hole
1x Limiter
1x Pot of Avarice
3x Pot of Duality

1x Trap Dustshoot

canasian

canasian

mfw Shell Armor

• +Ancient Moderoid
  • 3700 posts
I'm really not a fan of Maxx "C" in Gadgets because you're probably going to end up drawing into multiple Gadgets and Sabre Tigers, which isn't fun.
Also, I feel like Gadgets really lack a win condition without a simplification-oriented backrow, if you aren't running Offering or Machinas.

Haven't changed a single card in the build I posted last week, it's an amazing deck.

GKing

GKing

Knight of the Abyss

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts
machinas are currently bossy, people just dont realize it.. im playing gadgets for about 5 years and tried all possible builds, also the Offering variant and its just not consistent enough, nothin more to say bout it..currently playing this :

p.s. before you comment it, test it as i see alot of Gadget fans in this topic

Posted Image

Kanade

Kanade

Winged Angel

• Duelist
  • 2418 posts
Swap's are better then Smashing's currently.

GKing

GKing

Knight of the Abyss

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Swap's are better then Smashing's currently.

i disagree, smashing comes ALWAYS handly and is more versetial compared to Swap, Swap can be dead, the opponent may have 2 monsters and you just dont need the other one or it just doesnt help you at all, he can chain CoTh and fuck you up badly or in the worst case scenario you dont have a monster..

Kanade

Kanade

Winged Angel

• Duelist
  • 2418 posts
I see where you're coming from but try it.

GKing

GKing

Knight of the Abyss

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts
i did it several times and it didnt happen very offten that i actually took a strong boss monster or gachi gachi or something like that :/ in any way, is smashing a better option becouse it almost always hits the boss monsters and the problematic monsters for you. Swap on the other side can be completely useless in hand, but after that being said i think its players preference and as i see alot of people in this thread prefer smashing way more. Smash > Swap anytime, any day.

Jordan123

Jordan123

Best Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1105 posts
What I topped YCS Brighton with

Decklist

Monsters - 14
2x
Caius the Shadow Monarch
3x Deep Sea Diva
3x Reborn Tengu
2x Green Gadget
2x Red Gadget
2x Yellow Gadget

Spells - 12
3x
Pot of Duality
1x Limiter Removal
1x Monster Reborn
1x Dark Hole
1x Dimensional Fissure
2x Smashing Ground
1x Book of Moon

Traps - 16
2x
Ultimate Offering
2x Dimensional Prison
2x Starlight Road
2x Solemn Warning
2x Macro Cosmos
2x Bottomless Trap Hole
1x Torrential Tribute
1x Trap Dustshoot
1x Solemn Judgment
1x Mirror Force

Extra
3x
Number 39: Utopia
1x Gachi Gachi Gantetsu
1x Leviair the Sea Dragon
1x Steelswarm Roach
1x T.G. Hyper Librarian
1x Scrap Dragon
1x Gaia Knight, the Force of Earth
1x Chimeratech Fortress Dragon
1x ally of justice decisive arms
1x
Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
1x Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
2x Stardust Dragon

canasian

canasian

mfw Shell Armor

• +Ancient Moderoid
  • 3700 posts
I'm not a huge fan of the main-decked Macro/Fissure (especially the 2:1 ratio) and Limiter seems inconsistent with only six Gadgets and no Machinas, but I like your monster lineup.

I dunno, I like Gadgets right now a lot in theory because there's a lot of D-Fissures and Maxx "C"s in the meta and Gadgets can bypass those cards completely, but I haven't found a build that's 100% solid in practice.

Gojira

Gojira

First Kill

• Duelist
  • 2729 posts

What I topped YCS Brighton with

Decklist

Monsters - 14
2x Caius the Shadow Monarch
3x Deep Sea Diva
3x Reborn Tengu
2x Green Gadget
2x Red Gadget
2x Yellow Gadget

Spells - 12
3x Pot of Duality
1x Limiter Removal
1x Monster Reborn
1x Dark Hole
1x Dimensional Fissure
2x Smashing Ground
1x Book of Moon

Traps - 16
2x Ultimate Offering
2x Dimensional Prison
2x Starlight Road
2x Solemn Warning
2x Macro Cosmos
2x Bottomless Trap Hole
1x Torrential Tribute
1x Trap Dustshoot
1x Solemn Judgment
1x Mirror Force

Extra
3x Number 39: Utopia
1x Gachi Gachi Gantetsu
1x Leviair the Sea Dragon
1x Steelswarm Roach
1x T.G. Hyper Librarian
1x Scrap Dragon
1x Gaia Knight, the Force of Earth
1x Chimeratech Fortress Dragon
1x ally of justice decisive arms
1x Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
1x Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
2x Stardust Dragon

weird build, but I like a lot of it.

I'm still testing TG gadgets, but I think stun gadgets have more potential.

Stinkynutz

Stinkynutz

Tomb Keeper

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts
There's this new rank 4 xyz coming out next set called verz something. He requires 3 level 4 monsters to make. Once per turn detach 1 to return a card on the field to the opponents hand or detach one to discard a card at random from you opponents hand. It really makes offering gadgets really good.

canasian

canasian

mfw Shell Armor

• +Ancient Moderoid
  • 3700 posts

There's this new rank 4 xyz coming out next set called verz something. He requires 3 level 4 monsters to make. Once per turn detach 1 to return a card on the field to the opponents hand or detach one to discard a card at random from you opponents hand. It really makes offering gadgets really good.

Verz Ouroboros is still at least a year away, in Hidden Arsenal 7.

Not to mention, you're going to site Ouroboros as a trump card for Offering Gadgets when a) it comes out in the same set as Daigusto Emeral and b) Conquerer of Colors exists?

Stinkynutz

Stinkynutz

Tomb Keeper

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts
Idk what that guy does

Waffles

Waffles

PUNK RAVE

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

machinas are currently bossy, people just dont realize it.. im playing gadgets for about 5 years and tried all possible builds, also the Offering variant and its just not consistent enough, nothin more to say bout it..currently playing this :

Posted Image

-3 reborn tengu

+1 pot of duality
+1 book of moon
+1 trap dustshoot

GKing

GKing

Knight of the Abyss

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts
i dissagre, tengu is so bossy.. i dont really think book is such of a big deal..ive got compulses.. and 3 POD i just dont like..maybe you should test tengu and you will see what im talking about

Jordan123

Jordan123

Best Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1105 posts

I'm not a huge fan of the main-decked Macro/Fissure (especially the 2:1 ratio) and Limiter seems inconsistent with only six Gadgets and no Machinas, but I like your monster lineup.

I dunno, I like Gadgets right now a lot in theory because there's a lot of D-Fissures and Maxx "C"s in the meta and Gadgets can bypass those cards completely, but I haven't found a build that's 100% solid in practice.

Ye my build was weird but honestly the deck needed to be weird to top. The deck suffers from not being able to spam the field like all others can which can be solved through offering. Also diva was the closest thing to a consistant tuner that the deck has which is why it was lacking. Hopefully I highlighted some flaws of the deck and how they could be fixed through weird techs in the deck.

Also I did a video as to why I made certain choices.

Gojira

Gojira

First Kill

• Duelist
  • 2729 posts

-3 reborn tengu

+1 pot of duality
+1 book of moon
+1 trap dustshoot

This^^ Tengu doesn't work that great in machina. Wouldn't you always rather be summoning gearframe, a gadget, (or TKRO in your build)?

And yes, I have tested Tengu in machina.

GKing

GKing

Knight of the Abyss

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts
Tengu does work very well if you just know how to use him. Gadget decks are based on +1s and stopping the shit out of the opponent but tengu in the deck gives you the chance to plus some more with just tengu alone and the fact that he could be a backup plan is just great. You can use him as protection and use the last or second Tengu as a material for Utopia/Roach. Also, sometimes i have TKR on the field and just cant summon anything, so a Tengu after that pretty much settles the game.

GKing

GKing

Knight of the Abyss

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts
Posted Image

Currently working on this, amazing results and really great perfomance..didnt expect to get so good results..kicked tengu as ive noticed backrows aint played so much and the effect of plusing with tengu was basically disabled, so thats what im on currently..thoughts?

Adept

Adept

Too siick.

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5296 posts
So you basically took the guys advice that you said you disagreed with?

GKing

GKing

Knight of the Abyss

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts
yea, from the guy above on this thread.. and im still not saying tengu is bad but after somethinking ive put some more testin especially in the Tengu section and i guess its better.. since there is no tengu now i can easly support another POD, im still gonna kick book out and add something else in there just not sure what. So yea, as a response to taking out Tengu i put the third POD back in . After the part when ppl were saying 2 smash is enough and some stuff into that direction i also put my attention to that and tested it like 8 hours vs rabbit, plant, agents, tg and anti-meta and just simply missed the third smash wich i needed badly many times or just didnt get it fast enough. So im still behind this and Veilers.

EDIT : if traps are gonna get played more again im gonna put Tengus back in but since traps arent around alot to plus on them with Tengus i just had to do as i did.

Gojira

Gojira

First Kill

• Duelist
  • 2729 posts

yea, from the guy above on this thread.. and im still not saying tengu is bad but after somethinking ive put some more testin especially in the Tengu section and i guess its better.. since there is no tengu now i can easly support another POD, im still gonna kick book out and add something else in there just not sure what. So yea, as a response to taking out Tengu i put the third POD back in . After the part when ppl were saying 2 smash is enough and some stuff into that direction i also put my attention to that and tested it like 8 hours vs rabbit, plant, agents, tg and anti-meta and just simply missed the third smash wich i needed badly many times or just didnt get it fast enough. So im still behind this and Veilers.

EDIT : if traps are gonna get played more again im gonna put Tengus back in but since traps arent around alot to plus on them with Tengus i just had to do as i did.

One idea suggested by a friend of mine was to run 2 smashing and 1 creature swap (only if using 3 PoD). I also think you need at least 1 bottomless trap hole in the main. It's better than compulsory against a lot of the top decks, such as agents darkworld and rabbit. (also anti-meta). I currently run 1 bottomless and 1 compulsory and side the second bottomless.

Waffles

Waffles

PUNK RAVE

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
I did find it comical that he disagreed with my suggestion then made the exact same changes I told him to make and said how great it was working.

Anywho, this is my current Machina build:

Monsters: 20
3x Machina Fortress
3x Machina Gearframe
3x Effect Veiler
2x Red Gadget
2x Yellow Gadget
2x Green Gadget
2x Tragoedia
1x Machina Force
1x Neo-Spacian Grand Mole

Spells: 11
3x Pot of Duality
2x Smashing Ground
1x Dark Hole
1x Monster Reborn
1x Heavy Storm
1x Pot of Avarice

Traps: 9
2x Solemn Warning
2x Dimensional Prison
1x Solemn Judgment
1x Torrential Tribute
1x Trap Dustshoot
1x Bottomless Trap Hole
1x Compulsory Evacuation Device

Total: 40

Gojira

Gojira

First Kill

• Duelist
  • 2729 posts

I did find it comical that he disagreed with my suggestion then made the exact same changes I told him to make and said how great it was working.

Anywho, this is my current Machina build:

Monsters: 20
3x Machina Fortress
3x Machina Gearframe
3x Effect Veiler
2x Red Gadget
2x Yellow Gadget
2x Green Gadget
2x Tragoedia
1x Machina Force
1x Neo-Spacian Grand Mole

Spells: 11
3x Pot of Duality
2x Smashing Ground
1x Dark Hole
1x Monster Reborn
1x Heavy Storm
1x Pot of Avarice

Traps: 9
2x Solemn Warning
2x Dimensional Prison
1x Solemn Judgment
1x Torrential Tribute
1x Trap Dustshoot
1x Bottomless Trap Hole
1x Compulsory Evacuation Device

Total: 40

Looks pretty good. No book of moon though?

faceguy

faceguy

Basketball never dies.

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1761 posts
been messing with this for march 1st.

green-3
yellow-3
red-3
photon thrasher-3
maxx c-3
breaker-3
trago-2

pot of duality-3
smashing-3
reborn-1
heavy-1
hole-1
rota-1
book-1

offering-2
warning-2
bribe-2
bottomles-1
judgement-1
torrential-2

extra deck=15
utopia-3
roach-2
utopia ray-1
any lvl 4 shit that comes out-9

MMZeroFanatic

MMZeroFanatic

Hero fanatic

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts
Has anyone tested Gadgets on DN with Shark Drake? He seems really good. I think he might have been one of the reasons that Ultimate Offering got hit back to 2 this format

faceguy

faceguy

Basketball never dies.

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1761 posts
is shark drake out?

MMZeroFanatic

MMZeroFanatic

Hero fanatic

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts
Do you mean out in TCG or out on DN? He's OCG atm, but it would still be cool to test with him on DN

faceguy

faceguy

Basketball never dies.

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1761 posts
meh i don't test anything on dn i cant play irl.

Stu-Pop

Stu-Pop

Banlists make my head hurt...

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts
The reason offering went to two is not just shark drake but shock ruler. Even though I think that they hit the wrong thing. A well timed offering play can get u 3 shock ruler on the board and pretty much a win under your belt. Deck becomes real nutty real fast.

Gojira

Gojira

First Kill

• Duelist
  • 2729 posts

The reason offering went to two is not just shark drake but shock ruler. Even though I think that they hit the wrong thing. A well timed offering play can get u 3 shock ruler on the board and pretty much a win under your belt. Deck becomes real nutty real fast.

running 3 shock ruler in extra takes up way too much space though... and the triple combo is hard to pull off successfully.

Anyway, I think machina gadgets are a good bet for next format. They seem like the most consistent.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: September 2011 Format, Gadget

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users