Welcome to DuelistGroundz
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Thread Creation Quality Control

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
307 replies to this topic

Pharaoh Atem

Pharaoh Atem

The Ruler of Benevolence - Your Translator

• ~+-Superior of the In-Between-+~
  • 20611 posts
The September 2011 format is coming. We had best be prepared.

In the half-year to come, we as DGZ must do our best to prevail:

so, we will do our best.

Grant's remarks on the subject are as follows:

If there's an archetype you feel ought be represented, make your case here. If it's deemed a good idea, a thread will be posted in due time.

The odds of your thread suggestion being approved are GREATLY increased when you write a legible and informative intro post for said thread and post it here.

There will be significant penalties for those that try to avert quality control.

cottoncandymajinbuu

cottoncandymajinbuu

here to show the world

• 舞etired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14700 posts
Infernity

Spoiler

Exiled

Exiled

i can't fight this life

• 舞etired Staff
  • 34833 posts
I'll have the Karakuri thread up by tomorrow hopefully.

cum

cum

Guardian

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

With the release of Trishula on the horizon, expect this card to start seeing more play in this decktype again.

Oh, ok.

There are a few other anachronisms, but this is the most glaring.

Nate the Awesome

Nate the Awesome

The Greatest

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2422 posts
A topic like this should be pinned imo.

realrarehunter

realrarehunter

iMagikarp

• Duelist
  • 2918 posts

With the release of Trishula on the horizon, expect this card to start seeing more play in this decktype again.

Oh, ok.

The starting post on each thread is for the basics of the deck...You know so any 10 year old can read it and understand it....You dick.

cum

cum

Guardian

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Oh, ok.

The starting post on each thread is for the basics of the deck...You know so any 10 year old can read it and understand it....You dick.

Except for it doesn't help a 10-year-old out when you make them think that Trishula isn't released yet.

The whole point of this thread is Quality Control. I was helping with that goal.

realrarehunter

realrarehunter

iMagikarp

• Duelist
  • 2918 posts
my bad i didn't read his post close enough lol...

you are no longer a dick. you are awesome.

cum

cum

Guardian

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts
Um, thanks.

Back on topic, the part of the Infernity thread mentioning Colossal Armory Arm OTK needs to be removed.

Monolightning

Monolightning

Underworld Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1462 posts
I should have the Gladiator one done within the new couple days.

cottoncandymajinbuu

cottoncandymajinbuu

here to show the world

• 舞etired Staff
  • 14700 posts
@ the Trishula thing; I just copied the last one I wrote, updated it for current format but missed that. Will remove it.

freiser

freiser

Pojo didn't want me.

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts
T.G. needs to be moved from rogue to here, deck didn't get touched. Best deck to combat the meta too.

cottoncandymajinbuu

cottoncandymajinbuu

here to show the world

• 舞etired Staff
  • 14700 posts

T.G. needs to be moved from rogue to here, deck didn't get touched. Best deck to combat the meta too.

Posted Image

freiser

freiser

Pojo didn't want me.

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted Image

As much as I appreciate the Slowpoke gif, it doesn't change my statement.

infinite

infinite

Swagasaurus Rex

• +Ancient Moderoid
  • 6959 posts

Posted Image

There isn't a "Rouge" forum anymore.

freiser

freiser

Pojo didn't want me.

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted Image

There isn't a "Rouge" forum anymore.

Ah, you're right, it's been archived.

Slowpoke

Slowpoke

BMS

• Duelist
  • 3652 posts

Posted Image

Hi.

freiser

freiser

Pojo didn't want me.

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts
The Tech Genus (T.G.) monsters are an archetype introduced the 5Ds series, used by the character Bruno, or better known as Antinomy. This deck has the ability to churn out synchros and their best non-synchro monsters have Darksoul-esque traits, giving them the ability to grab out their other T.G. brethren.

Monsters

Posted ImagePosted Image

These two monsters are very good in their own right. With Striker, you essentially have a Cyber Dragon that is a tuner. Warwolf can special summon itself when any level 4 monster is special summoned, meaning you can summon it right after Striker if you wanted to or in your opponent's turn. The great thing about these two is that they don't eat your normal summon, so you can proceed to normal something else and continue to make plays such as Normal Summoning a level 4 Monster and synchro summoning Trishula.

Posted Image

The beater of the deck, rises to 2000 when attacking, so is auto-win against the popular 1900 attack Level 4's, always a great thing to grab off Warwolf or Striker and together with Striker makes Naturia Barkion or any other level 6 synchro you desire.

Posted Image

An excellent floater: 1700 attack, replaces itself when it's removed from the field, and is compatible with Horn of the Phantom Beast. What else is there to say?

Synchros

Posted ImagePosted Image

Librarian needs no explanation. This card is so horrendously broken and is an Extra Deck staple. Wonder Magician is just like Formula Synchron as it's another Synchro tuner, it has the nifty ability to pop a S/T upon its summon. And, if it's destroyed, you get to draw a card. Win-win. Perfect synchro to make with T.G. Striker and T.G. Warwolf without using your Normal Summon.

Posted Image

Another option for a Striker-Warwolf combo. Has a Piercing effect and replaces itself when destroyed by drawing a card.

Spells/Traps

Posted Image

TG1-EM1 is flat out ridiculous. You swap whatever T.G. monster you want with your opponent's and proceed to run over your T.G. monster in order to search during the End Phase. This is also a great defensive card because you can easily disrupt your opponent's momentum with it.

Posted Image

A great trap card to use in this deck. Your Tengus suddenly jump up to 2500, and your Rhinos turn into 2800s on your turn, matching and exceeding some of the best Synchros today. Flip this during Damage Calc, and draw a card? Yes, please. Equippable by Reborn Tengu, T.G. Warwolf, T.G. Rush Rhino.

Posted Image

A perfect answer to the upcoming meta, barely touches your own Monsters as they all activate in the Graveyard near enough while negating all of your opponent's Monster effects stopping a LOT of decks in it's tracks.

Optional Choices

Posted Image

Protect your Skill Drains and Horn of the Phantom Beasts from Heavy Storm and mass destruction and get a free Stardust Dragon in return? Nice.

Posted Image

Unsure how effective this card will be coming into the new format, but time will tell, compatible with Horn of the Phantom Beast.

Posted Image

Becomes a 3000 attack monster you can Normal Summon with Skill Drain up and is compatible with Horn of the Phantom Beast, what more could you want?

Example List

3x T.G. Rush Rhino
3x T.G. Striker
3x T.G. Warwolf
3x Reborn Tengu

1x Book of Moon
1x Heavy Storm
1x Pot of Avarice
1x Monster Reborn
1x Dark Hole
3x Pot of Duality

3x Starlight Road
3x Skill Drain
3x TG1-EM1
1x Solemn Judgment
1x Dimensional Prison
3x Horn of the Phantom Beast
2x Bottomless Trap Hole
1x Torrential Tribute
1x Mirror Force
2x Solemn Warning

neptune

neptune

golden rubbers in these denim pockets

• 舞etired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5823 posts
Will there be no LS discussion?

cottoncandymajinbuu

cottoncandymajinbuu

here to show the world

• 舞etired Staff
  • 14700 posts
That one had already been rewritten and shouldn't be archived.

freiser

freiser

Pojo didn't want me.

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

That one had already been rewritten and shouldn't be archived.

Pengwan, updated T.G. good enough for you bro?

cottoncandymajinbuu

cottoncandymajinbuu

here to show the world

• 舞etired Staff
  • 14700 posts
I cannot approve them, but it looks fine although iirc they have 1 Quick-Play that isn't completely terrible and could be mentioned since it's a T.G. card.

freiser

freiser

Pojo didn't want me.

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

I cannot approve them, but it looks fine although iirc they have 1 Quick-Play that isn't completely terrible and could be mentioned since it's a T.G. card.

The half a TG, blow up a spell or trap? Seems bad when the deck doesn't run mst a lot of the time.

cottoncandymajinbuu

cottoncandymajinbuu

here to show the world

• 舞etired Staff
  • 14700 posts
Yeah I know, just a thought

freiser

freiser

Pojo didn't want me.

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Yeah I know, just a thought

I axed Cyber Magician from the old thread too, janky card.

chaos_creator11

chaos_creator11

Tomb Keeper

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts
I think there should be a fableds descussion. the deck is still really good. the hardest part of the deck is knowing ur options and how to play ur hand to give u the best field. its alot like plants were the last two formats. it has crazy synchro potential with tengu and can run tour guide/sangan combo. u can search kushano with tourguide if uve already went thru ur sangan giving u another target and u can also effectively run bls in the deck as a boss monster. the deck gained alot with the format change because of oppression being banned and i think it can abuse an oppression-less format best.

also theres alot of synergy between ganashia and leviair.

antispiral

antispiral

nyoro~n

• 舞etired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1633 posts
http://duelistground...howtopic=137358
Yah, my LS Sept. 2011 Deck Discussion got archived. Please restore it?

Wumbologist

Wumbologist

John Wayne couldn't even stand the reign of the tec

• +Necro Moderoid
  • 6085 posts
Restored it.

Sanjura

Sanjura

Sack(ed)jura

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5760 posts
I'll get around to writing a Chaos discussion thread within the next couple days provided I'm not beaten to it.

Sick Boy

Sick Boy

No Good Chain-Smokin' Diesel-Junkie

• Duelist
  • 2181 posts
No Wormies? o3o

I'm working on a discussion for them and will post it here tonight.

Sick Boy

Sick Boy

• Duelist
  • 2181 posts

"It was a terrible, indescribable thing vaster than any subway train—a shapeless congeries of protoplasmic bubbles, faintly self-luminous, and with myriads of temporary eyes forming and un-forming as pustules of greenish light all over the tunnel-filling front that bore down upon us, crushing the frantic penguins and slithering over the glistening floor that it and its kind had swept so evilly free of all litter."
- H.P. Lovecraft (At the Mountains of Madness)

[ WORM - Discussion ]

Like the Shoggoths of H.P. Lovecrafts writings, the Worm archetype is a series of formless space creatures of great variety trademarked by their multiple eyes, insectoid bodies, blob-like nature, various tendrils, or their vertical mouths (some of which have been editted out in the TCG versions of the cards.)

Worms are a Light reptile-type archetype, similar to the earlier "Alien" monsters that specialize in Flip-effect related mechanics. There are 26 Worms in all, each with a name that begins in an ascending letter of the alphabet. Only an outstanding few of the "Wormphabet" is actually used in the deck, and they are as follows:

[ THE WORMS ]

Posted Image Posted Image

Worm Xex & Worm Yagan

Xex, along with its sister card Yagan, make up the main combo of the deck. When you summon Xex to an open field, you can drop Yagan into the grave and then Special Summon it. This is an instant +1 that ends you with two monsters for a single summon. Yagan's bounce effect is vital because it can remove huge threats like Synchro and Xyz monsters in a manner that can skirt around the defensive effects of cards like Stardust Dragon. Its also worth noting that Xex cannot be destroyed in battle while Yagan is face-up, which could force your opponent to deal with Yagan first, leaving you a turn to special summon another graved Yagan with Xex's effect.

Posted Image

Worm Cartaros

A floater that nets you another Worm to your hand. Cartaros is an invaliable way to search Xex from your deck. If your opponent does not attack into Cartaros (since you need an open field to summon Xex), you can also flip it yourself and net a second Cartaros to thin your deck, then set it down next to the original.

Posted Image

Worm King

An important component to Worm's ace trap card, "W Nebula Meteor". Worm King is a fairly solid card in its own. With a 2700 ATK body and requiring on a single tribute, it can successful beat over a lot of heavy hitters. The fact that you can tribute Worm monsters to destroy cards on your opponent's field cannot be ignored either. With a well placed Worm King drop the game can be easily won.

Posted Image

Worm Linx

Once the sole reason for the decks existence, Worm Linx has fallen out of style lately, but is still run in a single copy in most Worm builds. With the right setup and protection, Linx allows you to draw a card during each players End Phase, which can quickly build up the resources you need to continue defending Linx. If you can get past the tricky initial setup Linx makes overwhelming your opponent with advantage a simple manner within several turns.

Posted Image

Worm Apocalypse

Apocalypse has a small body and its ability to destroy an m/t on the field is only so useless. It can be combo'd with "W Nebula Meteor" to use its effect more than once, and is also searchable by Cartaros, making it a removal you can call upon when needed. Apocalypse can be worth maining or siding to get rid of cards like Decree that may be sided in game 2 and shut down your plays.

[ WORM ALLIES ]

Posted Image

Ananta the Evil Dragon

All of the Worm monsters are reptile-type, so that makes Ananta a great ace in the hole for the deck. Late game it can drop with huge attack, but early on you can summon it as a wimp just to make use of its destrruction ability. It can be useful in a bind, and when combo'd with Offerings to the Snake Deity, you can effective clear an entire field with two cards without difficulty.

Posted Image

Genex Ally Birdman

Birdman is a great tuner for the Worm deck because he can help you make use of the Worms effects more than once. You can bounce a flipped up Worm monster to your hand and then reset it, or return Xex and summon him again for another Yagan drop. Birdman also allows easy access to a certain Synchro...

Posted Image

Genex Ally Triforce

Simply by combining Birdman and any level 4 Worm you can summon Triforce. All of its effects should be ignored for this deck, other than its last one. The ability to reset a Light each turn can quickly build back your Worms and allow them a chance to flip back up again.

Posted Image

Wind-up Zenmaister

Nearly all of the Worm monsters are level 4, which makes summoning Zenmaister as easy as Xex + Yagan. Zenmaister can reset a Worm and then flip it back up, allowing it to reuse its effect immediatly. This cannot be overlooked in certain situations.

[ TRAP CARDS ]

Posted Image

Offering to the Snake Deity

The "Icarus Attack" of this deck. Its a useful backbone and provides invaluable removal. Offerings has been ruled to only be able to hit face-up Worms, so you may find yourself summoning a Worm to destroy with this card rather than setting it for its flip in a bind. The best targets would be Worms that are already face-up like King or Xex. Ananta works equally well here.

Posted Image

W Nebula Meteor

The Ace card of the deck. Meteor does everything the Worm deck wants to do, all for a single costless card. It flips all of your face-down Worms up (which can dodge your opponent's attempts to destroy them without their effects activated, with cards such as "Nobleman of Crossout".) Then you get to reset them and reuse them, draw cards, and summon Worm King from your deck. Some fun ways to use this card would be to follow it up after Xex is summoned and Yagan is set for an instant monster bounce and a draw 2. When the monsters are flipped up it gives you a chance to play Offerings on a face-up Worm too.

Other Note-worthy Cards:

Worm Tentacles
Worm Solid
Worm Jetelikpse
Worm Zero
Effect Veiler
Future Fusion
Pot of Duality
Dimensional Prison
Starlight Road
Fiendish Chain
Safe Zone

[ WEAKNESSES ]

Since summoning Xex and going into Yagan is the decks bread-and-butter play, cards like Solemn Warning or Bottomless Trap Hole that would hinder Xex being on the field, or D.D. Crow removing Yagan from the grave, are the biggest hurt to this deck. Effect Veiler can also stop Xesx dead in its tracks, with a similar ability to stop King or Ananta. Nobleman of Crossout is the biggest enemy of FLIP monsters, and in this deck getting all of your Cartaros removed could definitely hurt. With the current formats top tiers leaning towards LIGHT angles, Light-Imprisoning Mirror may be sided more and more, which completely shuts down all of this decks plays. Royal Decree shuts down Offerings, Nebula, and most of this decks defensive lineup.

The following is a sample deck built with the cards and combos showcased in this thread.

[ SAMPLE DECK ]

[MONSTERBOARD - 16]

[3] Worm Xex
[3] Worm Yagan
[3] Worm Cartaros
[2] Worm King
[2] Evil Dragon Ananta
[1] Worm Linx
[1] Worm Apocalypse
[1] Genex Ally Birdman

[ MAGICBOARD - 10]

[3] Pot of Duality
[2] Mystical Space Typhoon
[1] Dark Hole
[1] Heavy Storm
[1] Book of Moon
[1] Monster Reborn

[TRAPBOARD - 13]

[3] W Nebula Meteor
[3] Offerings to the Snake Deity
[3] Fiendish Chain
[2] Solemn Warning
[2] Starlight Road
[1] Mirror Force
[1] Solemn Judgment

[EXTRABOARD - 15]

[1] Chimeratech Fortress Dragon
[1] No. 39 Utopia
[1] Wind-Up Zenmaister
[1] Steelswarm Roach
[1] Leviar the Sea Dragon
[1] Black Rose Dragon
[1] Genex Ally Triforce
[1] Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
[1] T.G. Hyper Librarian
[1] Ally of Justice Catastor
[1] Scrap Dragon
[1] Stardust Dragon
[1] Ancient Fairy Dragon
[1] Gaia Knight, the Force of Earth
[1] Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier

cottoncandymajinbuu

cottoncandymajinbuu

here to show the world

• 舞etired Staff
  • 14700 posts
Took the Miracle Hero discussion and started again from scratch:

Spoiler

Sick Boy

Sick Boy

• Duelist
  • 2181 posts
What made you want to leave out Adoration and Trinity? They may be at least worth mentioning, hee.

cottoncandymajinbuu

cottoncandymajinbuu

here to show the world

• 舞etired Staff
  • 14700 posts
They can only be summoned with Future Fusion or am I missing something? I'll add them though.

Lamp

Lamp

Underworld Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1581 posts
Future Fusion and Worm Zero should have a place under 'Other noteworthy cards', if you ask me. It's one card in your entire deck and not in any way a necessary or 'amazing' addition.
I think it's just flat-out sub-par this format, but no one can argue that they're must-haves for a Worm Deck.

Sick Boy

Sick Boy

• Duelist
  • 2181 posts
Then should I remove all of the bit about Zero and such and just shorten it?

Lamp

Lamp

Underworld Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1581 posts
Yeah, that was what I meant to say.

Sick Boy

Sick Boy

• Duelist
  • 2181 posts
Okay, updated it. I'll just wait for permission to make the thread. :)

hipster_marshmallow101

hipster_marshmallow101

I played spellcasters before it was cool...

• Loyalist
  • 2417 posts

They can only be summoned with Future Fusion or am I missing something? I'll add them though.

fusion gate also, make combos by banishing a stratos in hand, attack with him, attack with voltic, summon stratos, pluses
you know....

calculatinginsect00

calculatinginsect00

Knight of the Abyss

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
Anybody up to doing one for gb?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users