Welcome to DuelistGroundz
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Scrap - Discussion

September 2011 Format Scrap

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
159 replies to this topic

calculatinginsect00

calculatinginsect00

Knight of the Abyss

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
You need to find room for effect veilers for sure. And why did everybody drop fiendish chain all of a sudden? It is so good against every matchup still, and if they mst it you still simplify the game and do what the deck is meant to do. The card is too great especially against agents lol.

GotCaughtGG

GotCaughtGG

DGZ's Executive Vice President of Talent Relations

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4409 posts
What is everyone siding? The only deck I'm having trouble with is stun. Rai-oh runs over everything in scrap decks if your not running horns and prevents scrapyard. The only way I have to get over rai-oh is golem and I have to tribute him which is easy if I have a goblin on the field but still.

Relianah

Relianah

King of the Nerds

• »Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5480 posts

What is everyone siding? The only deck I'm having trouble with is stun. Rai-oh runs over everything in scrap decks if your not running horns and prevents scrapyard. The only way I have to get over rai-oh is golem and I have to tribute him which is easy if I have a goblin on the field but still.

oh dear

GotCaughtGG

GotCaughtGG

• Duelist
  • 4409 posts

oh dear

Problem?

kidneysrgood

kidneysrgood

Surgeon Ninja

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts

lol scrap dragon doesn't give any fucks.

GotCaughtGG

GotCaughtGG

• Duelist
  • 4409 posts

lol scrap dragon doesn't give any fucks.

I forgot scrap dragon gets his effect even when negated. My bad.

Undefined~

Undefined~

Tomb Keeper

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts
Dark Coffin is the nuts.

GotCaughtGG

GotCaughtGG

• Duelist
  • 4409 posts
Dark coffin is a waste of space when there are much better cards that can be used to fill its space.

tolarian academy

tolarian academy

stfu mom we trappin

• +Necro Moderoid
  • 10746 posts
i hate that now that its a new format everyone is going to revert to shitty builds of this deck with golem, monk, and mained decrees

GotCaughtGG

GotCaughtGG

• Duelist
  • 4409 posts

i hate that now that its a new format everyone is going to revert to shitty builds of this deck with golem, monk, and mained decrees

Shitty builds? I'm not gonna bother using the fact that a build with monk just topped a regional. Golem is far from bad with 2 call of the haunteds and is a easy scrap twin dragon which wins games. As far as Royal decree being mained, its only bad against decks that don't use traps like monarchs.

calculatinginsect00

calculatinginsect00

Knight of the Abyss

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
Golem is almost good but it sucks. You just cant afford the dead card in hand.

GotCaughtGG

GotCaughtGG

• Duelist
  • 4409 posts
3 scrapstorm and 1 golem. Golem has never been a dead draw for me because I never draw it or when I do draw it I have field control and/or tengu on the field which I can tribute and just get another.

Purple Haze

Purple Haze

Guardian

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts
Pretty sure that decree is horrible...as well as mech lord guy. Why would you not play triple pot? Fiendish chain is also amazing in this deck; I don't understand? I think Scraps is probably the best Horn deck of the format being that I believe TG's reliance on backrows is it's downfall.

tolarian academy

tolarian academy

stfu mom we trappin

• +Necro Moderoid
  • 10746 posts

Shitty builds? I'm not gonna bother using the fact that a build with monk just topped a regional. Golem is far from bad with 2 call of the haunteds and is a easy scrap twin dragon which wins games. As far as Royal decree being mained, its only bad against decks that don't use traps like monarchs.

oh ok it topped a regional at the beginning of the format it must be good!

it's not like the two biggest decks right now (agents and ls) run very few traps. yeah decree is only bad against monarchs. you're definitely right.

GotCaughtGG

GotCaughtGG

• Duelist
  • 4409 posts

oh ok it topped a regional at the beginning of the format it must be good!

it's not like the two biggest decks right now (agents and ls) run very few traps. yeah decree is only bad against monarchs. you're definitely right.

I have no issues dealing with agents or LS. LS are probably the easiest match up, I don't understand the hype around them right now. Agents on the other hand ill give you that one. Mained decrees still haven't been a hinderance to me.

Dropped my wisels.

calculatinginsect00

calculatinginsect00

Knight of the Abyss

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
Sided decrees are good. Main decked are just making the most prevalent matchup even more difficult...

GotCaughtGG

GotCaughtGG

• Duelist
  • 4409 posts

Sided decrees are good. Main decked are just making the most prevalent matchup even more difficult...

Like I said, I have never had an issue with them mained. But ill side them and add fiendish chains in there place and see what happens.

tolarian academy

tolarian academy

stfu mom we trappin

• +Necro Moderoid
  • 10746 posts

Like I said, I have never had an issue with them mained. But ill side them and add fiendish chains in there place and see what happens.

ok so go top a regional with it then if youve never had an issue with them. i guarantee these builds with all these inconsistent shit cards won't do shit at regionals and ycses

Relianah

Relianah

King of the Nerds

• »Retired Staff
  • 5480 posts
Almost played this for Toronto, but I didn't wanna lose to early banisher/fissure with protection :\

Syris123

Syris123

Plain Old Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
This is what im going to start testing.

3x Thunder King Rai-Oh
3x Scrap Chimera
3x Scrap Beast
3x Reborn Tengu
2x Effect Veiler
2x Summoner Monk

3x Pot of Duality
3x Scrapstorm
3x Scrapyard
3x Mystical Space Typhoon
1x Monster Reborn
1x Dark Hole
1x Mind Control
1x Book of Moon
1x Heavy Storm

3x Fiendish Chain
3x Horn of the Phantom Beast
2x Solemn Warning
1x Solemn Judgment

Its at 42 right now but im thinking of taking out 2 monk, a yard and 1 mst for torrential and Mirror Force and be at 40 but i need to test some more.

Relianah

Relianah

King of the Nerds

• »Retired Staff
  • 5480 posts
this is what I had written up for Toronto but didn't play

15x Monsters
3x Scrap Chimera
3x Scrap Beast
3x Reborn Tengu
3x Thunder King Rai-Oh
3x Effect Veiler

14x
3x Pot of Duality
3x Scrapstorm
2x Scrapyard
2x Mystical Space Typhoon
1x Monster Reborn
1x Dark Hole
1x Heavy Storm
1x Mind Control

11x Traps
3x Horn of The Phantom Beast
3x Fiendish Chain
2x Solemn Warning
2x Call of The Haunted
1x Solemn Judgment

2x Scrap Twin Dragon
3x Scrap Dragon
1x Thought Ruler Archfiend
1x Stardust Dragon
1x Scrap Archfiend
1x Black Rose Dragon
1x Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
1x Ally of Justice Catastor
2x Number 39: Utopia
1x Steelswarm Roach
1x Chimeratech Fortress Dragon

3x King Tiger Whangu
3x Dimensional Prison
2x D.D. Crow
2x Kycoo The Ghost Destroyer
2x Cyber Dragon
2x Maxx "c"
1x Gorz, The Emissary of Darkness

Needed to work on the side tho, but it was testing really good except against match ups that sided in D. Fissures and Banishers with protections (Gbs, Blackwings, Heros, Sams etc.)

GotCaughtGG

GotCaughtGG

• Duelist
  • 4409 posts
@Syris: 1 monk is already iffy, 2 monk is terrible.

kovah

kovah

Knight of the Abyss

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts
I've been running the same thing as relianah except - mst + book of moon in main, and siding 2 MST. working awesome!!!

Syris123

Syris123

Plain Old Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Ok after some testing yesterday this is what I have.

3x Thunder King Rai-Oh
3x Scrap Chimera
3x Scrap Beast
3x Reborn Tengu
2x Effect Veiler

3x Pot of Duality
3x Scrapstorm
2x Scrapyard
1x Monster Reborn
1x Dark Hole
1x Mind Control
1x Book of Moon
1x Heavy Storm

3x Fiendish Chain
2x Solemn Warning
1x Solemn Judgment
2x Call Of The Haunted

Im not sure if i want to run a Starlight Road or 2. I had them in and out yesterday during testing and they were never that great for me. I dont know I still need to test more because I might play this at Regionals next month. Havnt played the Dark World match up how is it?

Creeping Tar Pit

Creeping Tar Pit

Elemental

• Loyalist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1817 posts
Finally a good reason to play Tour Guide in scraps =).

http://www.konami.co...rticles/?p=3292

Wind-Up Zenmaines
“2 Level 3 monsters
If this face-up card on the field would be destroyed, you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card instead. Once per turn, during the End Phase, if this effect was used this turn: Target 1 card on the field; destroy it.”

ATK: 1500
DEF: 2100

Sanjura

Sanjura

Sack(ed)jura

• Duelist
  • 5722 posts
Wisel might not be too shabby post Dark World. Thoughts?

kidneysrgood

kidneysrgood

Surgeon Ninja

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
Wisel wasn't that bad before either. But I don't think I'd ever really play more than 1. Playing 2 can get clunky unless you're also playing 1-2 goblin as well from my experience.

The whole issue is space. If you start trying to put TGU in here, things get cramped, quick.

GotCaughtGG

GotCaughtGG

• Duelist
  • 4409 posts
Wisel seems eh. There are too many spells to stop. Gate,DWL, DWD,etc, etc. I would rather play dark bribe/magic drain.

calculatinginsect00

calculatinginsect00

Knight of the Abyss

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
As good as tour guide is, this deck just really cant make the space and still have the same effectiveness.

brotacular7

brotacular7

wurmy shut up n duel

• Duelist
  • 2251 posts

Ok after some testing yesterday this is what I have.

3x Thunder King Rai-Oh
3x Scrap Chimera
3x Scrap Beast
3x Reborn Tengu
2x Effect Veiler

3x Pot of Duality
3x Scrapstorm
2x Scrapyard
1x Monster Reborn
1x Dark Hole
1x Mind Control
1x Book of Moon
1x Heavy Storm

3x Fiendish Chain
2x Solemn Warning
1x Solemn Judgment
2x Call Of The Haunted

Im not sure if i want to run a Starlight Road or 2. I had them in and out yesterday during testing and they were never that great for me. I dont know I still need to test more because I might play this at Regionals next month. Havnt played the Dark World match up how is it?

isn't this nearly identical to evan's build..

Syris123

Syris123

Plain Old Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
yea its based off his build because its a great deck.

tolarian academy

tolarian academy

stfu mom we trappin

• +Necro Moderoid
  • 10746 posts
did you see that mst went to 3 on the new banlist when you made that list?

GotCaughtGG

GotCaughtGG

• Duelist
  • 4409 posts

Point? Running traps was never a problem for scraps and just because mst is at 3 that doesn't change. I'd rather then waste there mst on my horns and fizzle them on scrapstorm than have them hit something important. Or vice versa. Will they hit my fiendish chain to free there monster not knowing I have a horn of the phantom beast? Besides, play smart and you won't have a problem. Mst nor heavy should be issues.

tolarian academy

tolarian academy

stfu mom we trappin

• +Necro Moderoid
  • 10746 posts

Point? Running traps was never a problem for scraps and just because mst is at 3 that doesn't change. I'd rather then waste there mst on my horns and fizzle them on scrapstorm than have them hit something important. Or vice versa. Will they hit my fiendish chain to free there monster not knowing I have a horn of the phantom beast? Besides, play smart and you won't have a problem. Mst nor heavy should be issues.

i was referring to the fact that you were not playing 3

GotCaughtGG

GotCaughtGG

• Duelist
  • 4409 posts

Not my list and nobody really mains 3 mst. Main 2 side the 3rd.

Guru

Guru

No Waifu. No Laifu.

• Loyalist
  • 6413 posts
Tragoieda is a beast in this deck.

Sanjura

Sanjura

Sack(ed)jura

• Duelist
  • 5722 posts
3 Scrap Chimera
3 Scrap Beast
3 Reborn Tengu
2 Thunder King Rai-oh
2 D.D. Crow
1 Maxx "C"

3 Pot of Duality
3 Scrapyard
3 Scrapstorm
1 Mind Control
1 Monster Reborn
1 Dark Hole
1 Heavy Storm
1 Scapegoat

3 Horn of the Phantom Beast
3 Fiendish Chain
2 Call of the Haunted
2 Solemn Warning
1 Solemn Judgment
1 Trap Dustshoot
1 Starlight Road

Naturia Beast + Horn of the Phantom Beast = gg. I feel dirty not playing Torrential/Force though.

tolarian academy

tolarian academy

stfu mom we trappin

• +Necro Moderoid
  • 10746 posts

Not my list and nobody really mains 3 mst. Main 2 side the 3rd.

judging from ycs toronto plenty of decks main 3 mst and this seems like the kind of deck that would want to do that. making scrap dragon uninterrupted is still key and mst is also synergistic with the dragon itself.

GotCaughtGG

GotCaughtGG

• Duelist
  • 4409 posts
The only card that can really stop scrap dragon is BTH. I lol when people warning my scrap dragon. I still get to fetch a scrap from my grave which will usually be my scrap golem(which I still play faithfully regardless of how many people say I shouldn't) which I can use to go into another scrap or scrap twin.

Naturia Beast + Horn of the Phantom Beast = gg. I feel dirty not playing Torrential/Force though.

No mst o-o?

Axle

Axle

throat/butt

• Loyalist
  • 4254 posts

2 Effect Veiler
3 Reborn Tengu
3 Tour Guide From The Underworld
1 Sangan
3 Scrap Beast
3 Scrap Chimera

1 Book of Moon
1 Dark Hole
1 Heavy Storm
1 Mind Control
1 Monster Reborn
2/3 Mystical Space Typhoon
3 Pot of Duality
2 Scrapstorm
2/3 Scrapyard

2 Call of The Haunted
2/3 Fiendish Chain
1 Solemn Judgment
2 Solemn Warning
1 Torrential Tribute
1 Trap Dustshoot

Deck basically functions like any other Scrap deck except it has the TCG exclusive swiss army knife known as Tour Guide. To get the most out of your tour guide you drop it when you can either scrap dragon the next turn or while you already have an on field scrap dragon (chimera/reborn/coth/tengu + beast). From it you summon Zenmaines and destroy two of their cards for free every turn.

The: 2/3 cards: Debating to put the last slot on a 3rd Scrapyard( to add consistency to setting up early), MST or Fiendish Chain.
Torrential Tribute: With the addition of Zenmaines and Sangan, the deck runs more than enough floaters that take advantage of torrential plays.

All of this is just being tested on DN until November 15 and isn't final since there are still more cards to be released by November 15 in Photon Shockwave which could change the card choices.

Posted the same thing in deck garage. Anyone got any thoughts on it? Only argument against TGU was no room..but I found there was actually plenty of room.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: September 2011 Format, Scrap

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users