Welcome to DuelistGroundz
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Karakuri - Discussion

September 2011 Format Karakuri Burritos Here!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
850 replies to this topic

Aperture

Aperture

Underworld Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1159 posts

Why have Karakuri completely fallen off the radar?

Rabbit, at least in my testing that was an extremely difficult matchup, although I may have been running an outdated build, trying to efficiently deal with Laggia/Dolkka in a deck thats power plays are generally two card investments just put me down in cards way to quick.

Grimey

Grimey

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4642 posts
Posted Image

3 Jurrac Guaiba
3 Karakuri Komachi Ninishi
3 Karakuri Merchant Inashichi
3 Maxx "C"
3 Ninja Grandmaster Hanzo
2 Karakuri Ninja Kuick
1 Effect Veiler
1 Karakuri Ninja Sazank
1 Karakuri Watchdog Saizan
-20-

2 Forbidden Lance
2 MST
2 Pot of Duality
1 Dark Hole
1 Heavy Storm
1 Monster Reborn
1 Reinforcement of the Army
-10-

2 Fiendish Chain
2 Ninjitsu Art of Super Transformation
2 Solemn Warning
2 Torrential Tribute
1 Ninjitsu Art of Duplication
1 Solemn Judgment
-10-

Made via Victor's suggestions, and its actually rather fun.

Rainy

Rainy

Tomb Keeper

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts
3 Jurrac Guaiba
3 Karakuri Komachi Ninishi
3 Karakuri Merchant Inashichi
3 Ninja Grandmaster Hanzo
2 Karakuri Ninja Kuick
2 Effect Veiler
1 Karakuri Ninja Sazank
1 Karakuri Watchdog Saizan
1 White Dragon Ninja
1 Gorz the Emissary of Darkness
-20-

2 Forbidden Lance
2 MST
1 Pot of Duality
1 Dark Hole
1 Heavy Storm
1 Monster Reborn
1 Reinforcement of the Army
1 Book of Moon
-10-

2 Call of the Haunted
2 Ninjitsu Art of Super Transformation
2 Solemn Warning
2 Torrential Tribute
1 Compulsory Evacuation Device
1 Solemn Judgment
-10-

Having trouble fitting in Safe Zone (for the White Dragon Ninja lockdown, good card overall too?), as well as Pot of Avarice.
Kinda wish the deck had more room to run spells so I could have discard material for Landoise as it kinda wins against Inzektor. Rabbit matchup is kinda ... bad still.

Editted: DERP fixed sizing

confuse rei

confuse rei

Thank Jesus Chreist I dont have to wait a year to change this

• Duelist
  • 4621 posts
Posted Image

Wakstaskate

Wakstaskate

Brave Heart

• Duelist
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
Seeing the plant engine ordered so neatly next to each other brings a tear to my eyes.

IAmTheGreat

IAmTheGreat

Ground Duelist

• Duelist
  • 4187 posts
This is the build Im planning on taking to a regional this weekend. i literally have next to no experience this format, and dont have the cards to build a top tier deck. Plus Im trying to have fun since I already have my invite, and I enjoy Karakuri

Monsters: 18

1 Watchdog
2 Soldier
3 Veiler
3 Komachi Ninishi
2 Kuick
1 Strategist
1 Haipa
2 Cyber Dragon
3 Merchant

Spells: 16

1 Dark Hole
1 Book
1 Reborn
1 Heavy
1 Avarice
2 Duality
3 Typhoon
3 Cash Cache
3 Anatomy

Traps: 6

1 Mirror Force
1 Judgment
2 Warning
2 Bottomless

Room is obviously very tight, so Im on the fence with multiple cards. Safe Zone, Neutron, Torrential, Sazank, Compulsory, etc. The Anatomys have been excellent since I usually play a slower, more controlling game, and they help me gain a steady advantage.

DarkBlaze557

DarkBlaze557

BAWK

• Loyalist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1358 posts
I ran Karakuris a couple of times at some locals around here and found that they struggle against the big 3 a little too much to keep up. I lost to Wind-Ups every time they went first, Rabbit was a really tough matchup and very grindy, which would often result in them topping better, and Inzektors simply out-speed Karakuris ridiculously.

I've seen some amounts of success, though, with good side decking, just nothing worthy of large tournaments.

Note that I was playing something very similar to Jeff Jones' build, with triple Genex Neutron.

Fr0ZeN

Fr0ZeN

「NiggazGottaLearn」

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts
Have people tried adding the Machina engine with this deck lately, testing on DN with a Karakuri hybrid, gives me a lot of outs to rabbit and chaos dragons I noticed.

Bada

Bada

Just an Angel

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
Posted Image

playing this for several days, just awesome

DarkBlaze557

DarkBlaze557

BAWK

• Loyalist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1358 posts
What's your extra look like?

Bada

Bada

Just an Angel

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
3 Karakuri Steel Shogun mdl 00X "Bureido"
2 Karakuri Shogun mdl 00 "Burei"
1 Cyber Saurus
1 Karbonala Warrior
1 Naturia Landoise
1 Naturia Beast
1 Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
1 Black Rose Dragon
1 Scrap Dragon
1 Ally of Justice Catastor
1 Stardust Dragon
1 Number 17: Leviathan Dragon

antispiral

antispiral

nyoro~n

• »Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1633 posts

Seeing the plant engine ordered so neatly next to each other brings a tear to my eyes.

:(

Dizel

Dizel

Plain Old Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
@Eiji, Instant Fusions are so good now cause when opp will negate your Ninishi with Veiler, you can use it, summon Cybersaurus, summon Bureido for another Ninishi and use her effect cause you didn't use it before but.. De-Synchro, Dupli and Nanashicks are so dead. When you draw Nanashick, Kuick, Duplication, De-Synchro, CyDra and MST what will you do? Without Strategist/Ninishi on first hand, you must play in defense but you cant do this in this build.

Bada

Bada

Just an Angel

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
that's the risk you take on playing turbo builds. Nanashicks give so much draw + synchros I can't take it out, same for de-synchro: opponent veiler your karakuri you can going further for otk him.

I am not saying that's the best build, but it explodes so easily that your opponent can't do shit against.

Koyomi

Koyomi

Padawan

• Duelist
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Did you try Night Beam in your build ?

Ramburger

Ramburger

Tomb Keeper

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts
Coming back to play for nats, what happened to karakuris? I remember they were top last format and I noticed they lost dustshoot and trish. Is there reasons why this deck is not played anymore? Any suggestions for a returning player?

DarkBlaze557

DarkBlaze557

BAWK

• Loyalist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1358 posts
It can't consistently beat Dino Rabbit, Inzektors, Wind-Ups, or Chaos Dragons.

Karakuris didn't really drop in power, it's that the power creep surrounding them outpaced them too quickly.

====

I tested Karakuris quite a bit and my results:
They can beat Dino Rabbit if they can go off before Dino Rabbit resolves a Laggia. But Karakuris struggle a lot with first turn Laggia + Backrow.
The Wind-Up Loop absolutely wrecks Karakuris. I was not able to win a single one of those matches.
The Inzektor matchup is straight-up difficult. If you can god-hand spam them early on, you may stand a chance. But you have to be able to stop them with Veiler and Fiendish. It's a grindy game every time unless they OTK you.
Chaos Dragons simply out-pace Karakuris. It's extremely difficult to keep up against them.

The nice thing is that nobody's siding Cyber Dragon anymore.

Aoi

Aoi

roll smoke and play cards

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts
Karakuris have the ability to run Macro Cosmos in side deck, so the Inzektor, DW and Dragon match-ups become easier in game two.
Also, if you play three Cyber Dragons, the Wind-Up match-up is not getting that hard, since Chimeratech will steal them a few things and give them a 2000/3000+ beatstick to kill.

Personnally, I think that Dino Rabbits are the deck's actual worst match-up, since if it can self set it up before Karakuri can, the Machines will have troubles with outpassing the Dragons.

Here's my actual version : http://imgur.com/NKH6K
I'm still working on the Side Deck, but I think it's not too bad.

mattyholt99

mattyholt99

Guardian

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts
well with windups you can main 3 veiler main or side maxx c and side d.d crow if your having too much trouble

Relianah

Relianah

King of the Nerds

• »Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5622 posts
You lose to Rabbit because it takes them 1 card (rabbit) to set up something that negates a card that takes at least 2 monsters to make (Burei usually). It also only takes them 1 more card (tgu) to get another one, where you need another 2 cards to commit anything.

Dirk:p

Dirk:p

Swagelin.

• Duelist
  • 6332 posts
Why was this guy so mean to me? D:

Posted Image

Urthor

Urthor

• +War Captain+
  • 12162 posts
Why couldn't you write your

Why was this guy so mean to me? D:

Why does it matter to you?

Incidentaly, I'd change you member title, it screw up your joke picture, which is pretty cool.

Karakuri's just become an outclassed deck, but it will always have a special place, because it's the world's best Naturia Beast spammer.
Useful if your ever playing for fun or trolling exodia ftk or empty jar or traditional.

Gear

Gear

Taunted

• Duelist
  • 3344 posts
Anyone else trying Karakuris with Geargia? The deck works.

Makku-Kun

Makku-Kun

Great Job!

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Anyone else trying Karakuris with Geargia? The deck works.

I love the deck it's awesome

Lejla

Lejla

Plain Old Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Forbidden Chalice is a cool tech for a pure Karakuri build. It can help nail players trying to abuse the Attack/Def effect against you and also have an answer to Laggia on your turn.

JAndrees

JAndrees

Guardian

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
I absolutely love the deck. So many floaters, so many great opening plays. TKR rapes it so hard though.

Relianah

Relianah

King of the Nerds

• »Retired Staff
  • 5622 posts
that's why you play soldier into strategist or cydra or your own tkro or... (you get the point)

Adept

Adept

Too siick.

• Duelist
  • 5296 posts
did you mean soldier into haipa?

Relianah

Relianah

King of the Nerds

• »Retired Staff
  • 5622 posts
yeah I did lol, but strategist works too if you have a anything in hand

ShinySharks

ShinySharks

Knight of the Abyss

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts
This is the build I'm testing for YCS Toronto.

Posted Image

A couple of things I kept in mind when making the main deck:

- having outs to Rai-Oh which figures to be more popular
- not auto-lose to Heroes and Dark Worlds if I don't open Naturia Beast
- having one card outs to things like Zenmaines, Gachi, Laggia

Still iffy on the single Fiendish Chain, might drop it for 3rd D-Prison which has been fatastic for me.

The Gear XYZ is a pretty huge boost to the deck, and makes Kuick a much more dangerous card.

Side is really unrefined. I side pretty hard for HEROes and Dark Worlds, there's some matchups I'm neglecting but I'll figure it out with time.

JAndrees

JAndrees

Guardian

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
Posted Image

I'm thinking of something like this for Toronto. Your Kuicks will make short work of anything plants can put on the field. Machina Fortress is a very nice card against Dino Rabbit. I main 3 Soul Taker to get rid of TKR's, and have maindecked answers to The Shining / Lightpulsar (if I play a random Chaos Dragon). Double Lance Typhoon has been working out well, I originally played 3 Lance but cut one because of space. My issues atm are consistency. I'm getting my combo pieces with Geargiarmor and Gearframe with Gear Gigant, but I find myself coming short sometimes maintaining that advantage after committing to the field.

The sidebaord is working out well. Gozen shits on plants and Wind-Ups, as does Maxx "C." Black Horn helps against Wind-Ups / Rabbit / Plants, and Rare Metalmorph works wonders in the Hero Matchup where they're expecting to walk over stuff. It's also chainable to Gemini Spark for a free -2 on them as long as Rare Metalmorph resolves. Shadow Imp for Dark World obviously. I might cut a Maxx C for a third Shadow Imp. I really hate Shadow Imprisoning Mirror though, I might cut them for Macros.

EDIT: Further testing showed that the recruiter is absolutely retarded xD Updated deck list, I need to cut 2 cards, considering a lance.

anduril38

anduril38

Underworld Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1774 posts
How's the Nisamu's working for you? I'm not that keen on them myself and just feel another Saizan would work far better in this. Liking the build a lot though.

JAndrees

JAndrees

Guardian

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
In a slower format like the one we're going into, Nisamu is very good. I prefer it over Merchant because of how awful Merchant is against a T1 thunder king. Playing it makes me want to fit in 1 Haipa.

EDIT: I've fit in 2 Cardcar D's into the deck. The fact that it's a machine helps so much when I need to drop a Fortress since I can pitch it and a Fortress for Fortress.

Shruikon

Shruikon

Knight of the Abyss

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts
Nisamu is solid in a slower format without Inzektors imo.

Taking out Merchant is kind of really dumb though. You realize you no longer have access to Naturia Beast, right?

JAndrees

JAndrees

Guardian

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
I want the access to beast but merchant is useless against a t1 rai oh. I do have ccds which are lv 2 earth machones. I might fit in 1 merchant for the easier beast access.

Dizel

Dizel

Plain Old Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Oh yes.. so Stratos is useless to.. and Emercency Calls.. XD So, why Heros are T1 in OCG? teh Keewie, your idea is pointless.

confuse rei

confuse rei

Thank Jesus Chreist I dont have to wait a year to change this

• Duelist
  • 4621 posts
Heros have a ton more answers to a raioh in the form of alius, that 1900 promo guy, their own raioh, and the significantly bigger trap line up. This deck can be demolished by a well timed raioh, which is one of the reasons why i dont believe it will make a strong comeback this format.

JAndrees

JAndrees

Guardian

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
Posted Image

Another variant I've been testing with. The mained Snowmans and Soul Takers make Thunder King not nearly as much of an issue. The Birdman's give access to the OTK anywhere in the game, and the addition of Avarice works well as expected. Overall I like this version a lot better, I want to fit in a third Snowman, and cut the card count down to 41. I may cut a Starlight Road, but unsure on how I want to handle it.

Oh yes.. so Stratos is useless to.. and Emercency Calls.. XD So, why Heros are T1 in OCG? teh Keewie, your idea is pointless.

Heroes have much better answers to TKR than Karakuri does. A Merchant in hand is dead with TKR on the field, essentially a 5 card open. Not saying heroes have the same problem with Emergency Call, just saying that TKR hurts this deck a lot more than it does Heroes. I can't do my main plays in this deck with a Rai Oh out without minusing, at least with heroes I can 1 for 1 with the same stuff I use with every other deck.

heaven

heaven

The real Captain Iglo

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1562 posts
So the fieldspell is absolutely nuts now, if we can somewhat predict whats going to be played. Heroes, Evol rabbit and lots of TKRO.
I messed around with my ''showdowntown'' for awhile 2 formats back, and consistently winning alot. I made the build abit more conservative because of maxx ''c''.
Going into barkion is alot easier then in other versions aswell. The fieldspell can get back any level 4 or higher in the grave, and merchant can grab it. Don't underestimate the ''switch to defense'' part, it makes quick work of tkro (so does geartown).

I will post this deck in this section aswell as deck discussion.

Posted Image

Naythin

Naythin

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1400 posts
I found an interesting card that's actually testing pretty nicely in the main for me, and that's Wind-Up Rabbit. I'm testing 2 atm and they're working surprisingly well. A big problem I found with Karakuri is it's a deck that constantly needs to be able to maintain some type of board presence and Wind-Up Rabbit really helps when you're in lulls of being able to commit to the board. Also, opponents know how big of an annoyance it is so it baits warnings as well. I decided it test it a bit because it's Earth and can allow for a much easier way to bring out Barkion with Komachi or Strategist. Along with giving a floating monster to set up easy synchros, it also opens up more XYZ plays with the deck.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: September 2011 Format, Karakuri, Burritos Here!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users