Welcome to DuelistGroundz
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Karakuri - Discussion

September 2011 Format Karakuri Burritos Here!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
850 replies to this topic

antispiral

antispiral

nyoro~n

• 舞etired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1633 posts
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted Image

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Karakuri - Discussion
Introduction
Karakuris are an extremely explosive decktype based on synchro-summoning and swarming the field using their themed monsters and Synchro monsters. They have a multitude of good, solid effects but all Karakuri non-synchro monsters have two drawbacks, their need to attack every turn, and their need to switch battle positions when being attacked. There are several solid variants of Karakuri, but two main ones will be discussed; Karakuri Machina Plants, and Pure Karakuri.

Monsters
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Komachi 224 "Ninishi", the centerpiece of basically all Karakuri decks. It is essentially a Karakuri themed "XX-Saber Boggart Knight" tuner, helping you set up an immediate Synchro of Shogun 00 "Burei". 3 is run in almost all variants because she is the bread and butter of the Karakuri swarm engine.

Strategist 248 "Nishipachi" was the tuner of choice for Karakuri decks preNinishi, but is now relegated to a one off card for its nifty position changing effect, often activating Steel Shogun 00X "Bureido or getting over pesky low defense monsters.

Watchdog 313 "Saizan" is another tuner for the deck, allowing for easy synchros of Steel Shogun 00X "Bureido" with our level 4 non-tuners. Usually an one-off card for have the ability to summon him with Burei/Bureido. Beware his effect though, for his second effect has another unwanted side effect; when it is attacked in defense, it will switch to attack.

Ninja 919 "Kuick" is the deck's main non-tuner usually due to her extraordinary effect. She is the "XX-Saber Fulhelmknight" of the deck, "Hydrogeddoning" from the graveyard to make nasty synchros. Will allow you huge comebacks on the virtue of her effect. Kuick, like Saizan, also switches to attack when in defense position.

Soldier 236 "Nisamu" is another non-tuner, one that can easily recruit a Karakuri monster from the deck to the field. Can be useful to pull that missing piece from the Karakuri comboes.

Muso 818 "Haipa" is a big motherfucker. Basically this, combined with its non-tunerness can warrant using it.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Merchant 177 "Inashichi" is an "Elemental HERO Stratos" for the deck, helping search pieces directly to the hand. This, combined with Komachi, easily creates a one card commitment "Naturia Beast". A huge negative of this card is the Karakuri "attack if able" clause, forcing it to ram into bigger monsters with a pitiful 500 attack in certain situations.

Genex Neutron is the deck's OTHER "Elemental HERO Stratos", albeit a time-delayed and more specific one. Has a major advantage of being a bigger body than "Inashichi". Will search the most important monster of your deck, Komachi, for you, or a Watchdog so you can make Bureido with this, if it stays until the end phase (and isn't veilered).

Posted ImagePosted Image

Ahhh, Cyber Dragon, the classic light beatstick of years past features promptly in this deck! He is a Level 5 body, allowing the deck to access Bureido with one of your level 3 tuners, and can help you get over the bane of this deck... Thunder King Rai-Oh.

Another Level 5 body! Ahh, Ninja 7749 "Nanashick" you are great... except for your subpar effect... But oh well, will still be a good summon with Burei/Bureido so you can synchro away for Bureido! Your effect might even get some use in some Dupe variants!

Other Options
Barrel 96 "Shinkuro"
Bushi 6318 "Muzanichiha"
Ninja 339 "Sazank"
Thunder King Rai-Oh
Effect Veiler
Maxx "C"

Spell/Trap Support
Posted Image

Why the fuck does this deck have like a million possible searchers? Karakuri Cash Cache allows for you to search a level 4 or lower Karakuri monster and might help you avoid the need to attack or add counters to Karakuri Anatomy by switching the battle position of your Karakuri monster.

Posted Image

Karakuri Unite- I mean Anatomy, a draw two card for Karakuris. Karakuri is a deck which thrives with cards in hand, and Anatomy allows them to hoard cards. The addition of Heavy Storm to almost all decks in the meta weakens this card, but it can still be a strong choice for slower options running Starlight Road.

Posted Image

Karakuri Showdown Castle is the field spell of choice for Karakuri. It replaces itself upon its destruction, and allows your Karakuri to run over stronger enemy monsters with ease.

Posted Image

A Machine theme with abundant targets loves Machine Duplication, and Karakuri definitely has abundant targets. From Komachi to Strategist to Inashichi, this deck can spam ridiculously with Machine Duplication and the nature of the Karakuri synchros.

Posted Image

Many Machine decks benefit from Limiter Removal's inclusion, and Karakuri is no exception. However, due to the nature of current pure Karakuri decks that involve bringing out Naturia Beast or Landoise to control the game, Limiter Removal has been shunted to the side by many.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Instant Fusion is a great spell for Karakuris to help bring out Bureido. Due to the existence of Cyber-Saurus, the role of the non-tuner Machine-type for Bureido is fulfilled, helping Karakuris spam monsters. It also does not cost your normal summon, helping Karakuris achieve amazing fields.

Posted Image

Pot of Avarice is a great in a deck that loads the grave so fast, can either help you make enormous comebacks or ridiculous fields.

Posted Image

Fiendish Chain is very good in this deck helping protect the easily brought out Naturia Beast. It also helps extremely to protect your Genex Neutron after searching Saizan, helping you achieve a quick and efficient Bureido.

Other Options/Cards
Machina Armored Unit
Overload Fusion
Karakuri Trick House
Karakuri Cash Shed

Extra Deck Support
Posted ImagePosted Image

Shogun 00 "Burei" is the deck's primary Level 7 Synchro monster. He brings out another Karakuri monster to help swarm the field and can switch ANY monster's battle position. This can be handy to manipulate your monsters for Anatomy or Bureido.

Steel Shogun 00X "Burrito" is the deck's primary Level 8 Synchro Monster. He can also bring out another Karakuri monster to join the battle, and has an addtional effect to help you draw when your Karakuri do what they do best... switch battle positions.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Karakuri has perhaps the easiest time bringing out the fearsome Naturia Beast, with Komachi and Inashichi. A deck packing heavy Spells will fear this card due to its amazing negation effect.

Naturia Landoise is not as amazing as Naturia Beast, but warrants consideration, because it's easy to access in this deck, to negate pesky Effect Monsters, such as Gorz. However, you need to discard a Spell Card, which reduces its usefulness. However, Karakuri easily packs an upward of ten spells, aiding Landoise's usage.

Posted Image

With the upcoming release of the fearsome Wind-Up Zenmaines, this card is making a comeback. Chimeratech Fortress Dragon, in any deck that runs Cyber Dragon, counts as removal for any annoying Machine-type monster, such as Catastor and Zenmaines. CFD is one of the reasons that Machines have lost much of their power, and will help you against rival machine decks. But beware, for your opponent might run this as well, and destroy your carefully contructed Machine-type fields.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Ally of Justice Catastor is obviously a staple card in any deck that can make Level 5s, and Karakuri is no exception. However, it is important for another reason in Karakuris, because of the fact that its a Machine-type non-tuner! This helps you bring out Bureido or Burei, and can really help in a pinch.

Armory Arm is also Machine, which helps its cause in decks like Karakuri Machina Plants that can make it. Pure Karakuri will not run it, but in KMP it is invaluable.

Other Non-Obvious Options
Number 17 - Leviathan Dragon
Number 39 - Utopia

Karakuri Machina Plants Offshoot
KMP is a decktype that focuses on the extreme of the Karakuri's swarm aspect. It focuses on special summoning Bureido with Machina Fortress + one of the Level 1 Plant Tuners to start the loop and then add to the swarm with Instant Fusions or whatnot, and at the end regain advantage using Bureido's effect. It was a formidable force last format, but now with the increased maindecking of Maxx "C", Effect Veiler, and Archlord Kristya, its extreme reliance on Special Summoning might render it a thing of the past.

The core of the Machina part of the KMP, Machina Fortress allows for a level 7 body for Bureido while also being a great beatstick with a great effect.

Machina Gearframe searches the above.

Machina Force acts as a Monster Reborn for the above.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

I don't really need to expand on the Plant engine, do I?

Posted ImagePosted Image

More plant stuff. One for One particularly gives you some nutty plays with Machina Fortress, helping to create a Bureido without your normal summon, helping you swarm even more. Foolish helps in dumping Fortress or any of the plant Tuners to help make more synchros.

Achievements This Format
2 Top 32s @ YCS Toronto
Top 32 - Dale Bellido AND Anthony Alvarado

Monsters: 20
3 Genex Neutron
3 Karakuri Komachi mdl 224 "Ninishi"
3 Karakuri Merchant mdl 117 "Inashichi"
3 Karakuri Ninja mdl 919 "Kuick"
2 Cyber Dragon
2 Effect Veiler
2 Thunder King Rai-Oh
1 Karakuri Strategist mdl 248 "Nishipachi"
1 Karakuri Watchdog mdl 313 "Saizan"

Spells: 12
3 Mystical Space Typhoon
3 Pot of Duality
1 Book of Moon
1 Dark Hole
1 Heavy Storm
1 Mind Control
1 Monster Reborn
1 Pot of Avarice

Traps: 8
3 Fiendish Chain
2 Solemn Warning
1 Mirror Force
1 Solemn Judgment
1 Trap Dustshoot

Conclusion
Karakuri is a fearsome deck, capable or many fearsome setups and plays that help it become Tier 1/2. Its ability to make Naturia Beast so easily suggest that it will still be a contender come Dark World, due to Naturia Beast locking down Dark World, and its explosiveness matches that of the current top decks (Agents and Plants). However, the threat of Maxx "C" and Effect Veiler always looms, for those cards can really damage Karakuri. It also seems that Karakuri has stopped receiving support from Konami, as GENF contained no specific support for Karakuris, so after time, Karakuri might be a dead theme. However, only time will tell and currently, it is still a contender.

Edited by antispiral, 24 March 2012 - 12:24 AM.

Slowpoke

Slowpoke

BMS

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3629 posts
I suggest playing the Cache's now because getting ur Komachi + Merchant combo is key in the dw matchup.

Lauren

Lauren

Father of YOLO

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts
http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=14710118

Seems kinda cool for the banner.

broken

broken

<3

• Duelist
  • 3937 posts
You can summon merchant and grab cache right?

Chief

Chief

Guardian

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts
Yup, it just says cards and not monsters. I do see where Neutrons are better, but I'd still rather use cash cache, being able to tutor a tutor card is great. As well as opening komachi with cash cache is amazing.

Slowpoke

Slowpoke

BMS

• Duelist
  • 3629 posts
I would play 3/3/2. Neutron is part of why opening Naturia beast turn 2 is so consistent. Searches your Komachi which you can komachi + Cache next turn.

Sanjura

Sanjura

Sack(ed)jura

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5722 posts
fucking naturia beast is my nigga.

That being said, I hate Genex Neutron in the fact that it has to stay around until the end of the turn. Just because it worked at Toronto doesn't mean the same shit will happen at C-bus, and I'll Warning/Bottomless/etc the fuck out of the card if it means you won't get Komachi.

ygo duelist zac

ygo duelist zac

神は死んだ

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

I would play 3/3/2. Neutron is part of why opening Naturia beast turn 2 is so consistent. Searches your Komachi which you can komachi + Cache next turn.

Just to clarify, is that 3 Neutron, 3 Merchant and 2 Cash Cache?

I've had a lot of success with Exiled's "Turbo Nanashick" deck here
It's vulnerable to Veiler and Maxx C, but it can explode Turn 1 and OTK if you want it to.

<3 Karakuri this format.

antispiral

antispiral

nyoro~n

• 舞etired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1633 posts

I suggest playing the Cache's now because getting ur Komachi + Merchant combo is key in the dw matchup.

More dead cards vs. Raioh? Raioh eats this deck for breakfast, and I really don't think we should be maining more dead cards vs. him.

GotCaughtGG

GotCaughtGG

DGZ's Executive Vice President of Talent Relations

• Duelist
  • 4409 posts

More dead cards vs. Raioh? Raioh eats this deck for breakfast, and I really don't think we should be maining more dead cards vs. him.

Having a 2100 4 star helps getting over him.

Sanjura

Sanjura

Sack(ed)jura

• Duelist
  • 5722 posts
my bros Haipa and Cydra beat the brakes off TKRO's bitch ass.

antispiral

antispiral

nyoro~n

• 舞etired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1633 posts

Yes, but at most you should be running one just because Haipa isn't an amazing card. You won't be able to search him out, so it's just one out (along with the Cyber Dragons).

GotCaughtGG

GotCaughtGG

• Duelist
  • 4409 posts

Yes, but at most you should be running one just because Haipa isn't an amazing card. You won't be able to search him out, so it's just one out (along with the Cyber Dragons).

I only run 1 Haipa lol

Veiler
Fiendish Chain
Haipa
Cydra
Book of Moon
Mind Control(assuming you have a 4 star or a tuner ready)
Ram Rai-oh into Rai-oh
Dark hole(which I wouldn't do but it's an option)

All the outs to Rai-oh I can think of in this deck. Well, that I would use in this deck.

antispiral

antispiral

nyoro~n

• 舞etired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1633 posts

I only run 1 Haipa lol

Veiler
Fiendish Chain
Haipa
Cydra
Book of Moon
Mind Control(assuming you have a 4 star or a tuner ready)
Ram Rai-oh into Rai-oh
Dark hole(which I wouldn't do but it's an option)

All the outs to Rai-oh I can think of in this deck. Well, that I would use in this deck.

Chain isn't actually very good, they'll still negate whatever summon you go for, even after you search. Veiler is not a viable one either because it's on their turn.
I'm sorry I should have clarified, I really meant monster outs when I was speaking, just a mixup.

So basically these are the outs you have:
Cyber Dragon
Haipa
Raiohs
Mind Control
Book of Moon
Dark Hole
Mirror Force
Torrential Tribute

So there are five limited cards (two reactive ones), two cyber dragon and raiohs, who just trade off IF they don't have protection, and Haipa, who helps run him over but can't be searched when he's on the field and is susceptible to removal as well.

I would say that the deck is weak to Raioh and you should definitely be concerned about him, enough to main less dead cards against him.

GotCaughtGG

GotCaughtGG

• Duelist
  • 4409 posts
I have no idea why I added veiler to that list I was just typing lol. But yeah, I know Rai-oh cripples the deck. Neutrons,Merchant,cache,etc. The karakuri machina plant would be better at getting over rai-oh among other cards.

Roberto Gomez

Roberto Gomez

Padawan

• Duelist
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Idk i feel liek this deck is good but it toped beacause of the surprise factor everyone was like genex netron then they would think wat a noob then next turn the person would say dam i just lost i got otk by karakuri then rage quit but now its like oh hell no warning solem that thing

Wumbologist

Wumbologist

John Wayne couldn't even stand the reign of the tec

• +Necro Moderoid
  • 6033 posts
solid first post Roberto

Stu-Pop

Stu-Pop

Banlists make my head hurt...

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts
Opponent has tkro.

Summon nisamu, ram into thunder king, BOOM! Instant Haipa.

GotCaughtGG

GotCaughtGG

• Duelist
  • 4409 posts
Yeah okay, the first question that comes to mind is.

Why are you running nisamu in the first place? Maybe it's just me, but I was never a fan of nisamu. Although getting any level 4 or lower does have it's perks when you can't just ridic search with cash cache and etc.

Ultrafishe

Ultrafishe

Knight of the Abyss

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Idk i feel liek this deck is good but it toped beacause of the surprise factor everyone was like genex netron then they would think wat a noob then next turn the person would say dam i just lost i got otk by karakuri then rage quit but now its like oh hell no warning solem that thing

Because the first thing people think when they play against Anthony Alvarado or Dale Bellido is "wat a noob."

Chief

Chief

Guardian

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Why are you running nisamu in the first place? Maybe it's just me, but I was never a fan of nisamu. Although getting any level 4 or lower does have it's perks when you can't just ridic search with cash cache and etc.

First question that comes to mind is,
Why aren't you running a monster that can retrieve just about any monster from the deck?

Stu-Pop

Stu-Pop

Banlists make my head hurt...

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts
I akin it to playing sabers without emmersblade. It "works", but I don't see why you wouldn't play them.

Gear

Gear

Taunted

• Duelist
  • 3309 posts
Machine Duplication is staple in this deck to me.

Also, I think Barkion should be included in the OP amongst the Naturia synchros because even though its rare ( and not good right now) Karakuris can still make him.

Goofy Master

Goofy Master

Underworld Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1203 posts
I think trap stun should be staple once dw comes out. We search ALOT in this deck and mind crush will be everywhere. Deck dev and eev also are annoying.

victor

victor

Heavenly Almighty Duelist

• 舞etired Staff
  • 6615 posts
I don't know how useful this is in practice, but it is definitely worth noting that the Field Spell Karakuri Showdown Castle allows you to revive Burei/do.

Posted Image

This is also worth mentioning. It gives you a LV 4 2000 DEF wall for Synchroing without 1000 LP or taking up Extra Deck space.

You can use Trap monsters as XYZ materials, so Utopia/Roach is an option.

GotCaughtGG

GotCaughtGG

• Duelist
  • 4409 posts

First question that comes to mind is,
Why aren't you running a monster that can retrieve just about any monster from the deck?

Sure its another searcher that lets you search basically whatever you need. I get that. But with karakuri insane searching power you don't need him. The only reasons I see to use him are

A: Use him to get haipa to run over rai-ohs and other big beaters.

B: Use him to go on the defensive.

But karakuri don't necessarily NEED him to play on the defensive. I'd much rather set a sazank than set a nisamu. Since Sazank sends 1 monster to the grave. It doesn't destroy meaning stardust can't activate and etc and haipa can't run over stardust.

Michigan J. Frog

Michigan J. Frog

Not a member of the Brady Bunch

• Duelist
  • 2006 posts
This deck right now. :wub:

Arawn

Arawn

Guardian

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts
I'm really liking Enemy Controller in this deck for Kuik plays. It's also a really easy out to Rai-Oh.

And well, you know, E-Con is extremely versatile and skillful in itself, so it's always a reliable card in my opinion.

I'm also considering maining 1 Starlight Road. If I don't have Nat Beast out, the only thing I'm usually afraid of is Dark Hole. And when I want to go off, Torrential can be really annoying. And when I DO have Nat. Beast out, Mirror Force is one of their few outs (assuming I have Veiler/Fiendish).

TartedeMa誽

TartedeMa誽

Underworld Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1354 posts
thoughts about playing / siding Castle come DW ?
seems solid to me tbh, Gate makes the deck, getting rid of it and being able to make cool Kuick plays and a big guy when its destroyed seems cool.

Arawn

Arawn

Guardian

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

seems solid to me tbh, Gate makes the deck, getting rid of it and being able to make cool Kuick plays and a big guy when its destroyed seems cool.

If only grapha had 1600 defense instead of 1800...

GotCaughtGG

GotCaughtGG

• Duelist
  • 4409 posts

I don't really see the point in siding castle against DW. Just for the simple fact they only need 1 turn to explode. I'd rather side in more backrow hate.

Gear

Gear

Taunted

• Duelist
  • 3309 posts
How does everyone think this deck will handle Darkworlds? This deck gets destroyed by Viruses.

Inari

Inari

Reppin' the no avy / no sig nahmeen

• Duelist
  • 7020 posts

Also, I think Barkion should be included in the OP amongst the Naturia synchros because even though its rare ( and not good right now) Karakuris can still make him.

Barkion bad? Shit puts in work vs T.G. just like Nat Beast puts in work vs DW.

GotCaughtGG

GotCaughtGG

• Duelist
  • 4409 posts
Posted Image

Really deserves to be in the OP. Karakuri's ultimate out to just about any monster and can be used for barkion. The only non tuner 3 star they have.

antispiral

antispiral

nyoro~n

• 舞etired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1633 posts

Posted Image

Really deserves to be in the OP. Karakuri's ultimate out to just about any monster and can be used for barkion. The only non tuner 3 star they have.

It's in Other Options. The problem with Sazank is that it doesn't mesh with the general Karakuri theme of spam with Burei/Bureido to achieve big boards. It's cool that it can make Barkion, but the only time that would be optimal is if you have it in your hand and you just ss'd a Ninishi off Burei/Bureido to summon Sazank make it.

tolarian academy

tolarian academy

stfu mom we trappin

• +Necro Moderoid
  • 10749 posts

unlike Nat Beast vs DW, T.G. can make a bajillion and one outs to Barkion in a pinch because of Striker, from gaia knight to catastor to trishula to brionac to their own barkion

it's still a good card against the deck but it's not comparable to Beast vs DW

and it's nowhere near as easy to make as Beast

Gear

Gear

Taunted

• Duelist
  • 3309 posts

T.G isnt enough imo to run Barkion right now. When Darkworlds come out it should be in your extra though. Thats why its not so good now but great then.

Michigan J. Frog

Michigan J. Frog

Not a member of the Brady Bunch

• Duelist
  • 2006 posts

How does everyone think this deck will handle Darkworlds? This deck gets destroyed by Viruses.

Posted Image

Arawn

Arawn

Guardian

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts
Veiler and Maxx C will probably lose popularity in the main deck too, which is good for karakuri. VS Darkworld you can pretty much always guarantee a first turn Naturia Beast if you have the right cards for it.

GotCaughtGG

GotCaughtGG

• Duelist
  • 4409 posts

Veiler and Maxx C will probably lose popularity in the main deck too, which is good for karakuri. VS Darkworld you can pretty much always guarantee a first turn Naturia Beast if you have the right cards for it.

Okay? Thats like saying. You can pretty much first turn exodia if you have the right cards for it. The problem is getting the cards and getting around stuff that stops us from doing that like Rai-oh. With all the TGU crap(acid golem, zenmaines,etc) and agents. I highly doubt veiler will becoming out main deck any time soon. Same with Maxx "C"

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: September 2011 Format, Karakuri, Burritos Here!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users