Welcome to DuelistGroundz
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Chain Burn - Discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
241 replies to this topic

confuse rei

confuse rei

Thank Jesus Chreist I dont have to wait a year to change this

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4454 posts
Now that we are inevitably going to drop the fools/gellenduos from the side due to that photon papi something xyz guy, what do we add in their place ?

Gojira

Gojira

First Kill

• Duelist
  • 2729 posts

Now that we are inevitably going to drop the fools/gellenduos from the side due to that photon papi something xyz guy, what do we add in their place ?

Snowman eater or penguin soldier, maybe? Papi would activate their effects.

confuse rei

confuse rei

• Duelist
  • 4454 posts
And then u lose to dolkka. Nah, it has to be something completely different, it sucks, cuz the walls were amazing, but they cant function properly anymore.

I also dropped the breakers from the side since i realized they serve no purpose to the deck. They wont run over anything because they are 1600 (i assume u summon breaker only when u want to kill a decree, and not a moment earlier, but even at 1900 they cant get over shit), and by the time decree is face up you are a lot of the time in a losing position anyway cuz he has chained decree to ur chain so u have lost major advantage. Granted u dont use huge chains when u fear decree with no mst but sometimes this isnt possible, cuz u have to leave a certain ammount of accumulated/chain strikes mained after g1. Double Cyclones are better cuz in this deck it is essentially a mst, so u can chain it to the decree.

Im trying to find some sort of side deck for the deck to convert into something that goes bananas and gets some amount of damage in via battle, cuz everytime i resolve a gorz, i win the game easily, that 2k+ that gorz can get through is always game breaking.

Which brings me to my next subject, and probably the most crucial for the deck, which are everyone's go-to cards when you want to side something out ?

Gojira

Gojira

First Kill

• Duelist
  • 2729 posts

And then u lose to dolkka. Nah, it has to be something completely different, it sucks, cuz the walls were amazing, but they cant function properly anymore.

I also dropped the breakers from the side since i realized they serve no purpose to the deck. They wont run over anything because they are 1600 (i assume u summon breaker only when u want to kill a decree, and not a moment earlier, but even at 1900 they cant get over shit), and by the time decree is face up you are a lot of the time in a losing position anyway cuz he has chained decree to ur chain so u have lost major advantage. Granted u dont use huge chains when u fear decree with no mst but sometimes this isnt possible, cuz u have to leave a certain ammount of accumulated/chain strikes mained after g1. Double Cyclones are better cuz in this deck it is essentially a mst, so u can chain it to the decree.

Im trying to find some sort of side deck for the deck to convert into something that goes bananas and gets some amount of damage in via battle, cuz everytime i resolve a gorz, i win the game easily, that 2k+ that gorz can get through is always game breaking.

Which brings me to my next subject, and probably the most crucial for the deck, which are everyone's go-to cards when you want to side something out ?

If they have laggia and papi, they likely don't have dolkka, unless it's pretty late in the game...

If they are stupid and just have dollka and papi, who cares?

PJ

PJ

That coverage guy!

• »Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10857 posts
I'm beginning to question the validity of Metaion in the Main Deck.

The reason a lot of us aren't playing Cardcar D is because it makes opposing dead cards live, like Veiler, TT, Warning etc.

Metaion gets hit by all of these AND the battle protection of D-Prison, Mirror Force etc., not to mention both of the Evolzars.

dmy

dmy

Plain Old Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

The reason a lot of us aren't playing Cardcar D is because it makes opposing dead cards live, like Veiler, TT, Warning etc.

Metaion gets hit by all of these AND the battle protection of D-Prison, Mirror Force etc., not to mention both of the Evolzars.

Pretty much why I never understood why people main Metaion. You can justify maindecking Dimension Walls and Cylinders as they either have to run into it, or play around it - The latter involves them playing a lot more passively which essentially makes just the threat of the Walls/Cylinder act as pseudo stall. Metaion on the other hand makes a whole bunch of shit your opponent wouldn't be able to use otherwise live. You can argue siding it I guess, but that depends on how flexible your sidedeck space is. I used to run no Walls/Cylinders in the main and side into them g2 + Metaion and it did pretty well.

Also Photon Papilloperative is dicks and really shouldn't be underplayed - It wrecks wall monsters. I've been trying to think of substitutes, but most of them just lose to Dolkka as Gaia said.

IAmTheGreat

IAmTheGreat

Ground Duelist

• Duelist
  • 4182 posts
If they want to waste a Veiler on Metaion thats fine with me. He still will buy me a turn of protection. Torrential and Mirror Force do nothing to Metaion, and Warning is great, id love to let them spend 2000 lp to negate his summon.

I ran Chain Strike at my regional yesterday. Went 6-2. Only losses were to a buddy with Inzektors and Fabled maining Decree. Played almost all Inzektors. 1 Chaos Dragon, 1 Rabbit, 1 fabled, 3 Inzektor.

Heres my side

2 Breaker
2 Cyber
1 Gorz
2 The Fool
3 MST
1 Heavy
1 Dark Hole
3 Macro

Breaker was great in the side. I would bring him in, run over a Centipede when they have Decree up, then pop it MP2. Never got a chance to use Fool cuz of what I played, same with Cyber Dragon. Macro wrecked inzektors, but I might cut that down to 2. Heavy and Dark Hole were AMAZING btw. Those cards win games.

I also got 1 Card Car before the tournament and added it in over Jar. I regret doing that, since over half the time my opponent would just Veiler it, which really sucks. And metaion is awesome. I dont know what you guys are on.

Deadborder

Deadborder

V - Sweet Trick

• ~The Organization~
  • 2476 posts
Dunno how viable it is with our lack of Gustaph but I found siding into Hieratic OTK really threw opponents for a loop G2.

I think I suggested running an Inzektor side earlier in the thread, I suppose it could work.

Any deck that relies mainly on monsters can do it, siding out burn for monsters and keeping in the draw
cards as sort of a turbo.

Gojira

Gojira

First Kill

• Duelist
  • 2729 posts

If they want to waste a Veiler on Metaion thats fine with me. He still will buy me a turn of protection. Torrential and Mirror Force do nothing to Metaion, and Warning is great, id love to let them spend 2000 lp to negate his summon.

I ran Chain Strike at my regional yesterday. Went 6-2. Only losses were to a buddy with Inzektors and Fabled maining Decree. Played almost all Inzektors. 1 Chaos Dragon, 1 Rabbit, 1 fabled, 3 Inzektor.

Heres my side

2 Breaker
2 Cyber
1 Gorz
2 The Fool
3 MST
1 Heavy
1 Dark Hole
3 Macro

Breaker was great in the side. I would bring him in, run over a Centipede when they have Decree up, then pop it MP2. Never got a chance to use Fool cuz of what I played, same with Cyber Dragon. Macro wrecked inzektors, but I might cut that down to 2. Heavy and Dark Hole were AMAZING btw. Those cards win games.

I also got 1 Card Car before the tournament and added it in over Jar. I regret doing that, since over half the time my opponent would just Veiler it, which really sucks. And metaion is awesome. I dont know what you guys are on.

Would you run jar over card car, or neither? Also, was your main deck pretty generic?

chuavechito

chuavechito

FUCK THIS SHIT!

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7631 posts

Metaion cannot be destroyed. Warning and Judgment are not outs (since they have to pay a lot of life points for 1 card of yours in burn its not a bad trade). The only outs are Fiendish and Prison, and nobody plays them anymore (except for Fiendish but we dont see it much anymore). Veiler is also not an out, it avoids the bounce but they still cant attack next turn (unless they have BLS or Inzektor Exa Stag, but rarely people realize its the out for Metaion and summon other shit instead).

Gojira

Gojira

First Kill

• Duelist
  • 2729 posts
fiendish chain is the only card to worry about with metaion, really. D prison, yes, but I don't always attack with metaion, even, and no one runs more than 2 d pris, if at all.

IAmTheGreat

IAmTheGreat

Ground Duelist

• Duelist
  • 4182 posts
Id probably run Jar. Its just too good if you get it off. I would drop the Card Car, and for the side Id drop Gorz and 1 Macro for 2 cards, not sure which ones.

DarkBlaze557

DarkBlaze557

BAWK

• Loyalist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1346 posts

Spoiler

Since I was judging, I had a friend run this deck at Regionals over the weekend. He went x-3 because he was dumb (he would get a chain going, then one of his opponents chained MST targetting his already-activated Secret Barrel, and he didn't calculate the damage like a moron). Outside of that, we found that the deck struggles against Inzektors, as they just explode too fast. Macro Cosmos helps, but they usually side in answers to it. His other loss was to a random deck that mained triple Decree.

He used the Elemental Hero - The Shining trick, setting his extra face-up with that card first. Worked wonders.

He never used the Breakers - MST was able to do the trick most of the time. Trap Stun still wrecks the deck as well. Papilloperative is a hooker, but luckily it wasn't being used too much here just yet.

Keizer

Keizer

je kanker moeder

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts
since chuave won argentina nats with final countdown (that sides in burn), what are ur opinions on that? since Final Countdown wrecks inzektors easily.

confuse rei

confuse rei

• Duelist
  • 4454 posts
I would much rather try to convince my opponents that im playing inzektors rather than playing heros, then they shouldnt commit to the field if they dont have the warning and even if they do now i know at the very least how to play my ojama trio (if they dont go faggro im winning even with the worst possible hands the deck can produce). I have no idea how to convince my opponents that im playing inzektors though lol

And am i seriously the only one who hasnt had trouble with inzektors? I fear the dw matchup a lot more cuz they side decrees and go through half their deck in like a turn, or the random chaos dragon deck that will tech the prime material, omg, ive seen so many prime materials on t1 its insane

Keizer

Keizer

je kanker moeder

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts
i never had problems with dw lol, not even g2. i side 2-3 breaker + 3 mst + macro vs dw, and almost didnt lose a match

fanfingtastic

fanfingtastic

Underworld Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1340 posts
Not to toot my own horn but I did post final countdown sidong into burn last page last week for a regional I top 8 last saturday with.... N noone said anything about it :/

Glimmervoid

Glimmervoid

God of Dark World

• Duelist
  • 2044 posts
I'm testing Cardcar atm, but I might vut it for 2nd Metaion and 2 Cylinder. I just hate how Cylinder falls to Lance. What's your side? After Heiratics, heres mine:

3 Breaker
3 Maxx "C"
3 Macro
3 MST
1 Gorz
1 Hole
1 Storm

confuse rei

confuse rei

• Duelist
  • 4454 posts
Double Cyclone > Breaker just because its chainable to the decree, in this deck it is essentially a mystical. And u dont need 3 mst storm and 3 breaker, 7 shit cards to counter 2 decrees when u play that much draw power is uneeded.

And i dont like hole, it means that my deserts and barrels wont hit for as much, i would only side it vs rogue matchups like t.g. that can summon barkion or some shit card that poops on me, but how often do u see that? And even if u see that there is metaion and lava golem

IAmTheGreat

IAmTheGreat

Ground Duelist

• Duelist
  • 4182 posts
Dark Hole is amazing, I dont think youve tested it

confuse rei

confuse rei

• Duelist
  • 4454 posts
I havent, and i dont see the point. What is good about Dark Hole in this deck?

DarkBlaze557

DarkBlaze557

BAWK

• Loyalist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1346 posts
Acts as a pseudo-stall card when opponents set up their whole field to destroy you.
Stops Black-Winged Dragon.
Stops Des Wombat.
Stops Jinzo (yeah, I've been seeing it used more often lately).
Stops Barkion.
Can potentially stop Shi En (if you play it correctly).
Forces early Laggia negations.
Can push for an additional 900 damage with Ojama Tokens (if you need it).

I'm sure there's more.

Gojira

Gojira

First Kill

• Duelist
  • 2729 posts
Has anyone else tried Hieratic OTK as a smokescreen side? I like it a lot better than inzektors, and Su makes killing decree easy. I just leave a lot of the draw cards in and otk on the second turn pretty consistently.

confuse rei

confuse rei

• Duelist
  • 4454 posts

Acts as a pseudo-stall card when opponents set up their whole field to destroy you.
Stops Black-Winged Dragon.
Stops Des Wombat.
Stops Jinzo (yeah, I've been seeing it used more often lately).
Stops Barkion.
Can potentially stop Shi En (if you play it correctly).
Forces early Laggia negations.
Can push for an additional 900 damage with Ojama Tokens (if you need it).

I'm sure there's more.

Last one is uneeded as the more the tokens stay on the board the more damage u can do so its only relevant when they are below 1000 and u dont have another burn card, a situation i dont think ive ever been in because when u start burning u either have game secured or the burn card hits for 2k+.

The stuff u mentioned it stops, in all situations lava golem/metaion can do just as well, if not better. And even so, other than Laggia and possibly shien and barkion, the rest u will never see. I have never in my life seen BW dragon nor do i know a deck that can currently spam that many 8 stars that it has room for this, i havent seen des wombat since 2007ish, and i dont know what deck plays jinzo. inzektor cant play it, rabbit cant play it, dragon doesnt need it.

When playing this deck im confident that ill be in the top tables and not the last ones playing vs rogue, or else there is no point in playing this over an established deck that autowins vs rogue. Plus when in a premier event, u can easily be in the last tables all day and still play vs top decks exclusively, and even if u happen to play vs that weird deck that can summon some of those, lava golem/metaion can do it just as well. Unless u are talking about DN. Then u need to take into account stuff like Bambooshoot and Magical Android and idk what else lol.

The most 'relevant' cockblocker is Prime Material, and DH cant stop that. I would first max on Lava Golems, play double Metaion, then consider this card.

DarkBlaze557

DarkBlaze557

BAWK

• Loyalist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1346 posts
The only reason I specifically mentioned those other cards that aren't seeing much play is because Chain Burn and Final Countdown are both getting a lot of attention right now. People are going to side some old shit. Better to be prepared than to be caught off-guard.

And yes, Lava Golem/Metaion do the job just as well, but Dark Hole has its situations where it's more useful. Specifically when you haven't drawn into a stall card (which is unlikely, but if you're drawing poorly or your chains are getting disrupted, it happens).

swap frog

swap frog

Brave Heart

• Duelist
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
Felt like running burn again.

7-0 with

Posted Image

And a snapshot of a person getting pissed at metaion.

Posted Image

Deadborder

Deadborder

V - Sweet Trick

• ~The Organization~
  • 2476 posts
Not a fan of Poison of the Old Man, sure it's an extra link and it can do more than one thing, but you don't want to be burning for 800.

Also, news flash, lots of people get pissed at Chain Burn, and they have some justification for being pissed, so:
- Acting like a tool isn't a good idea
- Showing us your HILARIOUS screencap is the equivalent of posting a screencap of winning with Exodia, there's nothing new to see.
Unless of course you pull out all 5 pieces in your opening hand, but I digress.

swap frog

swap frog

Brave Heart

• Duelist
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
What you didnt see is he knew what metaion did and got more pissed than anyone I've dealt with.

IAmTheGreat

IAmTheGreat

Ground Duelist

• Duelist
  • 4182 posts
Your build is terrible and going 7-0 on DN literally means nothing, especially if you arent playing 2/3s

swap frog

swap frog

Brave Heart

• Duelist
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
Usually if you say a build is terrible you need fixes

Update 15-1

confuse rei

confuse rei

• Duelist
  • 4454 posts
Pretty much every bad choice u have made in your deck is explained in earlier pages.

swap frog

swap frog

Brave Heart

• Duelist
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
Why am I winning games? I'm confused here...

IAmTheGreat

IAmTheGreat

Ground Duelist

• Duelist
  • 4182 posts
Are you playing 2/3 games with side decks?

Are you playing against good players or bad DN randys?

The fact that youre running 3 Fader, 3 Scarecrow, 2 Roar and 2 Waboku should be proof enough, but the fact that youre running 3 Legacy/1 Jar is horrible (have you read Chain Strike/Accumulated?), and not maxing Duality is retarded

swap frog

swap frog

Brave Heart

• Duelist
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
3 legacy has been fine, yes i do read the cards I use. Stall works well. No I don't play 2/3 with side because I will never run bur IRL again.(Top players side 3 Decree and I hate MST.) So unless I'm missing something(which by the way you're acting I am) please shut up.

IAmTheGreat

IAmTheGreat

Ground Duelist

• Duelist
  • 4182 posts

3 legacy has been fine, yes i do read the cards I use. Stall works well. No I don't play 2/3 with side because I will never run bur IRL again.(Top players side 3 Decree and I hate MST.) So unless I'm missing something(which by the way you're acting I am) please shut up.

So the only reason you run this deck is because you can get easy wins without having to worry about side decks? Thats pretty faggoty

Canadian

Canadian

Knight of the Abyss

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts

So unless I'm missing something(which by the way you're acting I am) please shut up.

dude, you need to take advice when it is given. Some person could win with a pile of 60 Vanillas and if they managed to do it "15-1" like you did, it doesn't mean the deck is good. You are not running the optimal build / numbers of cards in your deck.

Or, you could just be the kid who posts a deck and refuses to make any changes and claims its perfect "because my mom says so".

Deadborder

Deadborder

V - Sweet Trick

• ~The Organization~
  • 2476 posts
I'm thinking of making a big-ass post going through your poorer card choices and showing you how to improve.

I'm also thinking of not doing that and telling you to take your current Watt deck to a YCS, it's obviously way better than any Chain Burn you'll make.

Keizer

Keizer

je kanker moeder

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts
The dutch nationals are tomorrow, and i'm running this. Still not sure about Scapegoat, or dropping it for a Thunder Short.

Tested it, works frikkin awesome.

Monsters 7:
2 Lava Golem
1 Metaion, the Time Lord
3 Swift Scarecrow
1 Morphing Jar

Spells 9:
3 Pot of Duality
3 One Day of Peace
2 Chain Strike
1 Scapegoat

Traps 24:
3 Accumulated Fortune
3 Just Desserts
3 Secret Barrel
3 Reckless Greed
2 Dimension Wall
2 Jar of Greed
2 Legacy of Yata-Garasu
2 Ojama Trio
2 Magic Cylinder
2 Threatening Roar

Sidedeck 15:
1 Metaion, the Time Lord
1 Lava Golem
1 Gorz, Emmisary of Darkness
2 Cyber Dragon
3 Breaker the Magical Warrior
3 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 Dark Hole
3 Macro Cosmos

James.

James.

Expat

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1217 posts
hey swap frog your build is fucking garbage fuck you

dexer008

dexer008

Ground Duelist

• Duelist
  • 2589 posts
What is with the rise of terrible players finding dgz lately? I'm seeing more idiots posting each day :S back on topic though, how have people been doing with this lately? I havn't hear much or seen many chain burn decks, more final countdown, has this been advantageous to anybody?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users