Welcome to DuelistGroundz
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Inzektor - Discussion

Inzektor March 2012 Format

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2716 replies to this topic

raika

raika

extrasupervery

• +Necro Moderoid
  • 4627 posts

everyone gets so salty when you get off Damsel + Hornet + Gigamantis

why did you get 2 centipedes????????????????????????????????

TFJ

TFJ

Underworld Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Game is already a blow-out at that point.

What is your follow up play though? Most people don't run the one-of Gigaweevil, so I don't see many people hitting boards with 8000+.
Just Xyz into Rank 3. Pop 2 cards. And search some Damsel?

KC The OG

KC The OG

SIP MY HATERADE!

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 434 posts
Posted Image

on my 3rd turn. he had d-prison set & i destroyed it with my 2nd hornet equipped to the 1st. mind controlled his f/d marshmallon. tour>tour>levi>rfg birdman. synch birdman & marsh for brio. equip in hand giga to hornet. reborn his tkro i solemn judgmented last turn. 3 darks in grave. drop dad. gg. i had 3200 more atk than i needed & he was @ 8000. lol.

i opened stupid. i had foolish that i used on my 2nd hornet, played pod & grabbed allure, allured into a 2nd pod & rgd birdman. next turn i used the 2nd pod & got dad when i had 0 monsters in grave. lmfao

byakk

byakk

what are you looking at

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2194 posts

Game is already a blow-out at that point.

What is your follow up play though? Most people don't run the one-of Gigaweevil, so I don't see many people hitting boards with 8000+.
Just Xyz into Rank 3. Pop 2 cards. And search some Damsel?

you can go for game if you have literally anything else, or you can make double zenmaines.

I think there's a way to otk with the combo using Brilliant but I haven't thought about it lol

sisicat

sisicat

Guardian

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

This is what I currently have for the Wind-up mashed into the deck right now

Zeppelin

Zeppelin

Stage 5 clinger

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts
I have only tested this briefly but ive noticed alot of these decks are not running doom dozer and i cant seem to understand why. He opens plays for leviair he is essentially a free summon considering you just remove your maxx c's and he controls the grave for DAD. whats not to like?

Ultima

Ultima

From The Shadows

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts
Apologies if this is an obvious question but if an inzektor that is equipped with giga mantis is synchroed/used to xyz so that giga mantis goes to grave, will mantis' effect activate?

LukeRandi

LukeRandi

Topdeck Anjelly

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts
No, effect only when it is sent to grave while equipped. The way you describe it it is sent to grave by a game mechanic.

raika

raika

extrasupervery

• +Necro Moderoid
  • 4627 posts

No, effect only when it is sent to grave while equipped. The way you describe it it is sent to grave by a game mechanic.

giga-mantis and giga-weevil work almost exactly like dragunity akyls if you need a rulings precedent

Slowpoke

Slowpoke

BMS

• Duelist
  • 3607 posts
Anyone like the idea of Dark Eruption + Solar Recharge engine in here? Dark eruption becomes a psuedo searcher for your TGUs/Dragonflies/centipedes/Armageddon knight and solar recharge lets u draw into your combo pieces faster. Also, mills hornet for an extra plus. Also gives you more lights for chaos food, meaning you can play sorcs, which are amazing since this deck spits out leviair like crazy. Sorc/bls + inzektor combo = game easily. Also, xyz reborn is amazing in this deck imo.

byakk

byakk

what are you looking at

• Duelist
  • 2194 posts
I don't think I'd have room for Sorcs, let alone an LS engine.

With Duality, TGU + Call, Allure, Foolish etc it shouldn't be a problem getting your combos off. idk why I see people adding unnecessary things to the deck when it's stupidly broken as is :\

also the core of all Inzektor decks should be Hornet + Giga + Dragonfly. while that play is like the best play in the deck, it's also easy to bring together with Centipede. imo if you set your win condition to either that or keep your opp's field at zero with Hornet you should win, nothing else is needed.

Unknown001

Unknown001

Let Your Dreams Take Flight

• Duelist
  • 3366 posts
Heart of Clear <3

Getiing a Damsel Special (while equipped with hornet, etc obv) or getting a Centiepede search for practically doing nothing is too good

Sharpman

Sharpman

sharper than hammar

• +Necro Moderoid
  • 5067 posts
Lair Wire seems like it would be a solid card in this as a solid out to Rai Oh to get searches/ xyz going, and also to fuel Leviair combos. Thoughts?

KC The OG

KC The OG

SIP MY HATERADE!

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 434 posts

Lair Wire seems like it would be a solid card in this as a solid out to Rai Oh to get searches/ xyz going, and also to fuel Leviair combos. Thoughts?

i thought it was already established that lair wire did deserve 1-2 spots in the main. or did i miss something?

raika

raika

extrasupervery

• +Necro Moderoid
  • 4627 posts
I don't run Lair Wire atm, but it was solid in testing, probably @ 1-2.

Matt.

Matt.

Master of Mayhem

• Duelist
  • 2428 posts
As someone who is unfamiliar with all of this decks combos... Can someone explain what TGU provides to the deck besides its typical brokeness?

raika

raika

extrasupervery

• +Necro Moderoid
  • 4627 posts

As someone who is unfamiliar with all of this decks combos... Can someone explain what TGU provides to the deck besides its typical brokeness?

access to rank 3s (namely leviair/zenmaines)
crucial sangan searches (hornet/damsel)
additional normal summon when your opponent isn't committing enough to the board for hornet to feed off of

Matt.

Matt.

Master of Mayhem

• Duelist
  • 2428 posts

additional normal summon when your opponent isn't committing enough to the board for hornet to feed off of

None of those seem crucial to the decks general strategy. While I'm certainly not implying that you shouldnt run 3 TGU + Sangan, it doesn't seem 100% necessary either.

byakk

byakk

what are you looking at

• Duelist
  • 2194 posts

None of those seem crucial to the decks general strategy. While I'm certainly not implying that you shouldnt run 3 TGU + Sangan, it doesn't seem 100% necessary either.

how does searching a crucial combo piece with Sangan seem not crucial to the deck's strategy? You play Call as a chainable too, so you get your search. Not to mention the power of Zenmaines is such a bonus in this format, especially when you need to draw into your combo pieces? I originally played without TGU, but upon testing it I never turned back.

Nace

Nace

Guardian

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 566 posts
Can people start running Doom Dozer and make Doom Dozer broken so my ultimate ones go up in value. Other than that, looks like next set will be worth buying

freiser

freiser

Pojo didn't want me.

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts
Posted Image

Sanjura

Sanjura

Sack(ed)jura

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5691 posts
^ you should be playing Tour Guide for all the reasons mentioned itt.

freiser

freiser

Pojo didn't want me.

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts
Is one of those mentions I'm not paying £300 for a playset when a Fly > Centibeet combo makes a rank 3 anyway?

freiser

freiser

Pojo didn't want me.

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts
I was playing against Agents. He drops Earth, I veiler. He removes that Earth to drop Hyperion, tries to pop my Book, I chain. He drops a 2nd Hyperion, kills my Armageddon Knight.

I look at my hand of Hornet and Giga Mantis. Summon Hornet, equip Hornet from grave, equip Giga making my Hornet 2900 (wtf lol), kill 1 Hyperion, mp2 use Hornet to kill the other. He can't get over a 2400 Hornet now, scoops.

vlo

vlo

Underworld Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1197 posts

those reasons are typical brokeness

Ultima

Ultima

From The Shadows

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts
I dont know about 2 call, 1 has been working fine for me. 2 has given me some pretty iffy draws. Im liking 3 mst in this to clear out warnings and trigger gigamantis when hes equipped to dragonfly to go for game pushes. Lair wire has definately been testing well for me.

freiser

freiser

Pojo didn't want me.

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts
I will test 1 lair wire, but I'm not convinced lol

Sanjura

Sanjura

Sack(ed)jura

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5691 posts
trying to find room for both maxx c and veiler is tough. :\

Karmaface

Karmaface

Absolute Zero

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts
Posted Image

raika

raika

extrasupervery

• +Necro Moderoid
  • 4627 posts

Posted Image

devoting 5 spots to xyz in a deck that excels at spamming rank 3s with 2 of them being unsummonable most of the time while devoting 9 slots to synchros when you're only running 2 veiler as your tuners (not even birdman) seems so odd to me

:{D outplayedimo

:{D outplayedimo

The Prodigy.

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts
Posted Image

The build i have used for awhile. I might cut the Howlings for Tomatos since it's obv is better since it gets Sangan, but i sort of like how hes a insect so it makes Doom Dozer live.

byakk

byakk

what are you looking at

• Duelist
  • 2194 posts
so Inzektor Agents topped in the OCG

Posted Image

=-|

Posted Image

:O

Mitch

Mitch

Make every second divine~

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1712 posts
That's so sick actually lol I was just thinking about insect imitation but couldn't find a good way to use it in here.

Forest

Forest

Underworld Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1879 posts

so Inzektor Agents topped in the OCG

This is great =P

Devilmark666

Devilmark666

Padawan

• Duelist
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Hey guys, i'm testing 2 versions of this deck.
The 1st one is pure Inzektor, post pic:

Posted ImageAs you can see, in this moment i'm testing 2 birdman for genex loco, xyz 2x3 + other synchro trick instead of clear water (2 birdman for 2 clear water). Bls with just 2 light isnt true at all.
Giga Brilliant is light, veiler + hornet/dragonfly/centipede for armory arm is another light. Veiler is searcahble with Sangan. Tour provide fast Sangan in here, plus double CotH.
No Exa-beetle in the extra. I prefer locomotion or an Arachnid with a nice effect instead of him.

And here's the other version, in a jap tournament, as some of you have previously said, somebody do some good stuff with this version, here's the one i've builded:
Posted ImageI can say it's really really good, with a lot of outs for any situations and nearly otk if you've some lucky hand.
Tour, Herald/Veiler/Dustshoot aren't in for slots problem. Btw, i dont feel that all of the mentioned cards are staples inside here.
The only card that in this version i feel is needed is the Pot of Avarice. And Hyperion + Bls arent a problem at all.
PoA recycle again the 3x loop Dragonfly+Centipede. Can recycle any of your xyz (and you do it a lot in this version) and possibly can shuffle in for re-use the shine balls.
Guys let me know your thoughts, ask what you want and/or need and please, help me to find a slot for PoA :)

byakk

byakk

what are you looking at

• Duelist
  • 2194 posts
I would play Dustshoot before playing Mirror.

If you need space, I'd consider taking out PoDs first, and maybe one Hornet cuz you have Imitation, idk about that though.

also, are you absolutely sure you need three shine ball?

it would also be good to start discussing the optimal Inzektor side deck. I'm definitely siding the third MST and two Dusts, two or three Dimensional Fissure, Cybers, etc. The problem with siding for this deck is that most good side cards rely on your normal summon (TKRO, etc) and this deck needs its normal summon. I just don't really know where to go with the side yet.

Devilmark666

Devilmark666

Padawan

• Duelist
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

I would play Dustshoot before playing Mirror.

If you need space, I'd consider taking out PoDs first, and maybe one Hornet cuz you have Imitation, idk about that though.

also, are you absolutely sure you need three shine ball?

Absolutely sure i need 3 shine balls cause, usually, summon venus, pay 1500, 3 shine balls.
Imitation on the third one, take hornet (usually you'll need it as fast as you can), exceed for gantetsu + zenmaines, or gantetsu + leviair/leviathan. But to do this, you need 3 of them. And having 4 in hands with 2 xyz like them on the field is a great start.

About Mirror for Dustshoot, uhm...i know that dustshoot is a card that can let you win a game, really important in this format, but i've always the fear to draw it when it's useless. In an advanced game, where your opponent have 1-2 in hands, it's a really dead draw. Mirror instead, anytime you draw it, it could be a cool draw, except only for Stardust on the opponent field.

And finally, about the PoD for the PoA, i've to test if with 2 PoD is cool. PoD inside here is insane for multiple reason that you surely can understand. Earth + PoD, possible bad hand, speed-up the hornet or the dragonfly etc etc.
I repeat, i've just to test if with 2 is cool enough.

Karmaface

Karmaface

Absolute Zero

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts
Has anyone tested the No MST version of the deck and with what success? Did you miss them at all?

Devilmark666

Devilmark666

Padawan

• Duelist
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Has anyone tested the No MST version of the deck and with what success? Did you miss them at all?

i'm playing one in this moment, and i can tell that i feel good with the one. Never tested without mst to be honest.
But i think as long you dont hit warning with dragonfly all will be good :P

byakk

byakk

what are you looking at

• Duelist
  • 2194 posts
I haven't tried it, and I don't think I'm going to due to the countless times I've won games because I popped my non-hornet-equipped inzektor with mst to get a search

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Inzektor, March 2012 Format

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users