Welcome to DuelistGroundz
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Inzektor - Discussion

Inzektor March 2012 Format

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2716 replies to this topic

raika

raika

you're not obliged to swallow anything you despise

• +Necro Moderoid
  • 4389 posts
Props to my nigga Allen for introducing me to this decktype, helping me with the first few builds, and showing me just how capable this deck really is.

Inzektors are a theme that debuted in Order of Chaos, and are shaping to be one of the first really competent Insect based archetypes. The deck boasts consistency, simplified destruction access, the ability to drop Rank 3 Xyz monsters at the drop of a hat, and a core that is a self-perpetuating +4. But let's take a look at each of the members first hand:

Posted Image

Once per turn: You can equip 1 "Inzektor" monster from your hand or Graveyard to this card. While this card is equipped to a monster, that monster's Level is increased by 3, also it gains ATK and DEF equal to this card's ATK and DEF. While this card is equipped to a monster: You can send this Equip Card to the Graveyard to target 1 card on the field; destroy that target.

Inzektor Hornet is the deck's heartbeat. He can be equipped to any of the Inzektor monsters and pop a card, and using him allows you to activate the equipped Inzector's effect as well, resulting in more pluses. Hornet serves as the deck's answer to Fossil Dyna, Thunder King, Archlord Kristya, large Synchro monsters, and even defensive pivots like Gachi Gachi and Zenmaines, as well. Hornet's contribution to a standard Inzektor loop allows you to destroy 2 cards on either side of the field per turn, clearing the way for an Xyz summon once your combo is complete. Run 3, or don't run Inzektor.

Posted Image

Once per turn: You can equip 1 "Inzektor" monster from your hand or Graveyard to this card. If an Equip Card(s) is sent to your Graveyard while equipped to this card (except during the Damage Step): You can Special Summon 1 "Inzektor" monster from your Deck, except "Inzektor Dragonfly". While this card is equipped to a monster, that monster's Level is increased by 3.

Where Hornet is the heartbeat of the deck, Inzektor Dragonfly is its muscle. After Hornet pops a card, being sent from Dragonfly will allow you to special summon another Inzektor from your deck, except Dragonfly herself. This means you can grab Centipede, (which I'll cover in just a second) Hornet, or a 2400 beater/defender in Giga-mantis/Weevil respectively. In most cases, you'll be grabbing Centipede, popping another card, and rounding the play off with your Rank 3 of choice. Run 3.

Posted Image
Once per turn: You can equip 1 "Inzektor" monster from your hand or Graveyard to this card. If an Equip Card(s) is sent to your Graveyard while equipped to this card (except during the Damage Step): You can add 1 "Inzektor" card from your Deck to your hand. While this card is equipped to a monster, that monster's Level is increased by 3.

And Inzektor Centipede rounds the loop off perfectly. Your ideal summon off of Dragonfly is this guy, because when Hornet pops a card being sent from Centipede, you get to search any Inzektor monster you want, which means searching Dragonfly will allow you to do more ridiculous plays next turn. Functioning as a 2100 beater with Hornet and his excellent synergy with Duality are also worth mentioning. Run 3.

Now, when I say "the loop", I am referring to the combo Dragonfly, Hornet, and Centipede create that refuels itself every turn. To explain:
  • Equip Hornet to Dragonfly, send Hornet, destroy one card.
  • Activate Dragonfly's effect, Special Summon Centipede.
  • Equip Hornet to Centipede, destroy one card.
  • Activate Centipede's effect, searching any Inzektor (preferably Dragonfly).
  • Xyz into a Rank 3 of choice or leave both on the field, both have advantages.
By searching Dragonfly. you are able to repeat this process every turn, which is the draw that makes this deck so deadly.

Other Members:

http://yugioh.wikia....cter_Gigamantis

Inzektor Giga-mantis is searchable by Centipede and summonable by Damsel, and when sent to the grave while equipped (ie Hornet or MST), it fetches a graveyard Inzektor, which can help provide additional plays if you've got Damsel or Centibeet lying around, and whichever Inzektor it is equipped to will get its effect off twice in that chain. Giga-mantis also isn't a dead draw, as he can equip himself from the hand to pump any Inzektor to 2400 ATK, mitigating a possible Veiler and giving a Dragonfly/Centipede the bulk they might need to survive another turn. Run 1.

Actually, Dragonfly will trigger twice, and they'll form a chain.

Chain Link 1: Dragonfly triggering because Hornet sent itself
Chain Link 2: Dragonfly triggering because Giga-Mantis was destroyed OR Giga-Mantis triggering because he was destroyed
Chain Link 3: Whichever you didn't put as Chain Link 2

Build the chain so that whatever you don't want to allow your opponent to Solemn Warning is at CL2.

It's to be noted that Hornet destroying Giga-Mantis is very often an OTK because of the fact that the combo drops three Inzektors by itself.

http://yugioh.wikia....tor_Giga-Weevil

Inzektor Giga-weevil is the same as Giga-mantis except for his boost; he boosts to 2600 in Defense. Because most Inzektors will be summoned in Attack, Mantis is typically superior, but in a build focuses around using the graveyard-summoning effects of Mantis, Weevil is necessary, as the effect of either monster can only activate once per turn. Run 0-1.

http://yugioh.wikia....i/Inzektor_Gruf

Inzektor Gruf is a recent addition from GAOV, and he's fairly interesting. By sending him as an equip to the grave, he pumps one monster you control's level by one or two; allowing Inzektors to do two things: Play Rank 4s and 5s and have very solid plays when the opponent is failing to commit to the field. Many OCG builds are using Gruf, and for good reason. Gruf is solid at anywhere from 1-3.

Other support:

http://yugioh.wikia....rd_Zect-Calibur

Zektcalibur is an interesting card that boosts an Inzektor's power by 800 and turns the Inzektor into a floater. While it may not seem to have a place in the normal build, builds have been constructed to use it to its fullest potential, and it aids the matchup this deck has against Evolzar Rabbit, arguably its worst one.

http://yugioh.wikia....i/Variable_Form

It increases the extent of your loop and allows you to grab equipped monsters, but is largely win more, slow, and unnecessary.

http://yugioh.wikia....iki/Armor_Blast

A themed Icarus Attack appears to be a godsend, but the deck appreciates Hornet's ability to destroy any type of card (face-up or face-down) and likes to complete its loop.

However Armor Blast has seen sparse play in the sideboard, and serves as a unique out to some irritating face-ups (Fiendish Chain, Skill Drain, Thunder King, etc.) so don't disconsider it entirely.

Additional Monsters:

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Genex Ally Birdman is quite good with its ability to bounce either a Centipede or a Dragonfly once the loop is completed, and grants access to niche Synchros like Locomotion R-Genex and Underground Arachnid. Now that Trish has been banned, Genex Ally Birdman sees less viability, but Gruf adds the interesting dimension of making an Inzektor level 5 allowing for access to Stardust, which is worth looking into. Run 0-1.

Armageddon Knight dumps Hornet in the grave upon summon to get the loop going, and is a level 4 allowing for alternate possibilites with synchro/xyz plays. Armageddon Knight is largely considered to be a factor in making the deck more consistent, but is sufferingly mediocre if Hornet is already accessible. Run 0-2.

Dark Armed Dragon is excellent in this deck, because it provides it with a very meaty and very scary beater, and can banish Dragonflys from your grave which can then be reused by Leviair. Run the legal copy that you can.

Tour Guide from the Underworld fetches the obvious Sangan as well as herself, which will let you get that Hornet/Dragonfly you need to get going, or to go into Leviair in case you've got a graved Hornet and a banished Dragonfly. Also provides access to the many Rank 3s this deck runs inherently. She provides a solid normal summon when your opponent isn't doing much of anything and is extremely powerful with Call of the Haunted, which is now unlimited. Tour Guide is not mandatory to run, but she isn't to be disregarded simply because of her price tag. If you're not running Tour Guide, you should be running something that's netting you the same type of advantage she provides.

Spirit Reaper serves 2 roles; it protects your LP while you stall for your Hornet draw, or whatever it is you're waiting on, which is particularly helpful against Rabbit, as Reaper will buy you more time that just about anything else in the deck. Setting Reaper and then Hornet ravaging a field clears a path for a direct attack. Run anywhere from 0-3, it's all about preference.

Doom Dozer is similar to DaD, but he's a bit more simplistic; just a huge beater that removed a few Insects. Still excellent for combos with Leviair and general pressure; and has a wide range of things to make him live, such as Maxx "C", Underground Arachnid, and Number 20: Gig-Anto Brilli-ant, Damsels, and Centibeets. Run 0-2.

Extra Deck:

When this card is Xyz Summoned: You can equip 1 monster from either player's Graveyard to this card. This card gains ATK and DEF equal to half of the Equip Card's ATK and DEF, respectively. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card to target 1 face-up card you control and 1 face-up card your opponent controls; send them to the Graveyard.

Exabeetle is Inzektor's sole Xyz (in the TCG) and it's a bit of an oddity. Inzektors (when equipped with Hornet/Dragonfly/Ant/Centipede) have their levels boosted by three, which means the likes of Dragonfly, Centipede, and Hornet can make this monster, but you're not going to drop it too much. Its effect is something similar to Scrap Dragon, only a bit more specialized (face-ups only), but two advantages it has over Scrap Dragon is that it sends the the cards to the graveyard (which gets around Shi En, Stardust, Gantetsu, Musakani, etc) and that it also equips a monster to itself upon summon, which it can use for the first use of the effect if necessary, so the first time it's essentially a +1. Running it in your extra is by no means necessary because of the lofty summoning condition, but do so if you have the room.

Posted Image

This deck makes Rank 3s like it's no trouble at all. Leviair fetches banished Dragonflys from Dark Armed, Doom Dozer, Lair Wire, Allure, Black Luster Soldier, etc. Run 2-3 in the extra. Leviair is the backbone of many of the deck's power plays/comebacks. It's that good.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

Your rank 3s of choice, each serves a different purpose.

Leviathan/Golem serve as beaters, Zenmaines as an irritating defender, and Giga Brilliant pumps your on-field monsters by a small amount, is an Insect, and is a Light if you choose to run Black Luster Soldier.

INTERACTIONS WITH POPULAR CARDS IN THE METAGAME:

Effect Veiler
-Effect Veiler stops the loop before it can begin. Dragonfly getting Veilered hurts, so siding Debunks is very much recommended. Giga-mantis, as mentioned before, mitigates this, but being able to play around this card with Call/Dozer/Giga-mantis is a must.

Maxx "C"
-Maxx doesn't do a lot against this deck, shockingly. Chaining it to Dragonfly nets them the first draw, but if you don't want to grant your opponent a second draw, then simply don't Xyz after the loop is finished. If both your Dragonfly and Centipede are destroyed on your opponent's turn you still have your in-hand Dragonfly to go off with next turn, and not destroying your Dragonfly/Centipede can prove to be very fatal to them.

Gorz the Emissary of Darkness
-Gorz simply becomes the 2 cards necessary for Dragonfly to complete its loop, and if the loop is already finished, and Gorz is summoned before Dragonfly has the luxury of being able to destroy it, all you have to do is Xyz into Zenmaines for a defensive play to protect you from Gorz, or Acid Golem to make sure it cannot be run over.

Thunder King Rai-Oh
-TKR isn't a menace for this deck, as Hornet simply destroys it and moves on with life. Even Centipede doesn't care too much, as it can equip Hornet, destroy TKR and get a search, or simply beat over it. Without Hornet, it becomes much more difficult to deal with, but it shouldn't be a threat most of the time. Gigamantis also turns any Inzektor into a big enough beater to run over Rai-oh if you're desperate.

Evolzar Dolkka/Laggia
-Get rid of these niggas as best you can.

Sample Decklist:

21 Monsters:
3 Inzektor Dragonfly
3 Inzektor Hornet
3 Inzektor Centipede
3 Tour Guide from the Underworld
3 Maxx "C"
1 Inzektor Gruf
1 Spirit Reaper
1 Effect Veiler
1 Inzektor Giga-mantis
1 Sangan
1 Dark Armed Dragon

9 Spells:
3 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 Allure of Darkness
1 Dark Hole
1 Monster Reborn
1 Foolish Burial
1 Heavy Storm
1 Pot of Avarice

10 Traps:
3 Call of the Haunted
2 Solemn Warning
2 Torrential Tribute
2 Fiendish Chain
1 Solemn Judgment

Extra Deck:

2 Leviair the Sea Dragon
2 Wind-Up Zenmaines
1 Number 20: Gig-anto Brilli-ant
1 Number 30: Acid Golem of Destruction
1 Number 17: Leviathan Dragon
1 Number 39: Utopia
1 Adreus, Keeper of Armageddon
1 Tiras, Keeper of Genesis
1 Number 61: Volcasaurus
1 Gaia Dragoon, the Force of Lightning
1 Lavalval Chain
1 Number 50: Black Corn
1 Chimeratech Fortress Dragon

This deck can also be ran in conjunction with Wind-Ups, because Zenmaighty is a Rank 3, and the potential of obliterating your opponent's field and hand with Dragonfly/Wind-Up Hunter combos is tantalizing.

Egnever

Egnever

aleph Ω

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1035 posts
The deck is pretty busted. If you're in the OCG, you can also go Summoner Monk -> Armageddon Knight, dump hornet, make lavalval chain and stack damsel on top of your deck.

Sanjura

Sanjura

Sack(ed)jura

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5573 posts
DAMSEL + HORNET FOR MOST BUSTED SHIT OF 2012

CheeseCake

CheeseCake

"It was pretty fresh."

• Loyalist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2401 posts
This deck is really really fragile, if they have the warning/veiler for your centibeet/damsel you often lose, that being said, call of the haunted is incredible in this, and obviously getting off a damsel+hornet play almost always spells game. Another problem with this deck, is that if people treat it like blackwings and commit minimal cards to the board (untill they can set up a solid play or have outs to your summons) its really hard to win as you have nothing to pop with hornet.
tl;dr this deck is fucking incredible vs someone who has never tested vs it or with it before, but it slowly loses merit as time goes on.

Edit: shipping some odds in here.
Assuming you run 3 duality it is about a 71% chance of opening at least one damsel or a centibeet.
Then opening a way to get to hornet (assuming you play 3 duality 3 armageddon knight 1 foolish 1 reinforcment) and a damsel or centibeet is about 53%

So obviously, this implies that the deck is quite fragile, but explosive as fuck, a glass cannon as you may call it.

TFJ

TFJ

Underworld Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1322 posts

This deck is really really fragile, if they have the warning/veiler for your centibeet/damsel you often lose, that being said, call of the haunted is incredible in this, and obviously getting off a damsel+hornet play almost always spells game. Another problem with this deck, is that if people treat it like blackwings and commit minimal cards to the board (untill they can set up a solid play or have outs to your summons) its really hard to win as you have nothing to pop with hornet.
tl;dr this deck is fucking incredible vs someone who has never tested vs it or with it before, but it slowly loses merit as time goes on.

Editing this atm, with some odds on opening centibeet/damsel.

The other problem is though, if the opponent doesn't Warning your first summon, you will be in a very good position. It is just lol when people don't Warning a Damsel because they don't know how the deck works. But if you don't warning my Centibeet or even Hornet, I can equip Hornet and pop your Warning for the +.

If my opponent doesn't commit, I have never really had a problem. It gives me time to just sit and wait. And unless they set up an OTK or some amazing backrow, I think the deck is fine.
I do run both Gigas though to pop with my Hornets, so I have plays if I have one of them in hand + Hornet.
It can see how it is a problem though, especially for those not running the Gigas.

Although how I feel about the Gigas largely depends on one ruling. If I can equip and revive in the same turn they make ridiculous plays. If I can't equip and revive in the same turn, they are really hurt.

Sanjura

Sanjura

Sack(ed)jura

• Duelist
  • 5573 posts
@ Cheescake: We run Gigamantis so Veiler isn't auto-lose.

Nate the Awesome

Nate the Awesome

Fuck you Mario. That bitch is mine.

• Duelist
  • 2251 posts
As I was looking at the OP, I was thinking you can also splash some T.G.s in here, 2-3 Warwolf and 2 Striker. Doesn't seem to exactly mess with the flow of the deck, and allows the option of going into something like t1 Naturia Beast or w/e to protect your board and to make larger pushes.

raika

raika

• +Necro Moderoid
  • 4389 posts

As I was looking at the OP, I was thinking you can also splash some T.G.s in here, 2-3 Warwolf and 2 Striker. Doesn't seem to exactly mess with the flow of the deck, and allows the option of going into something like t1 Naturia Beast or w/e to protect your board and to make larger pushes.

All the Inzecters are Dark.

Nate the Awesome

Nate the Awesome

Fuck you Mario. That bitch is mine.

• Duelist
  • 2251 posts
Forgot about that. So there's no Naturia Beast access then, you can still do a lot of other shit though.

raika

raika

• +Necro Moderoid
  • 4389 posts

Forgot about that. So there's no Naturia Beast access then, you can still do a lot of other shit though.

Striker might be cute. Summon Striker, summon Damsel, do the loop, search Damsel, make a 5/8 of choice.

victor

victor

Heavenly Almighty Duelist

• »Retired Staff
  • 6139 posts

INTERACTIONS WITH POPULAR CARDS IN THE METAGAME:

:D

--------------------------

I haven't messed around too much with this decktype but Lair Wire definitely merits consideration, it is a straight up chainable removal, but with Hornet may be overkill, idk.

Posted Image

Mill Inzecters for revival, a LIGHT for BLS, access power Spells/Traps

Posted Image

Obviously...

These are both cards I think would be really neat.

CheeseCake

CheeseCake

"It was pretty fresh."

• Loyalist
  • 2401 posts

Editing this atm, with some odds on opening centibeet/damsel.

The other problem is though, if the opponent doesn't Warning your first summon, you will be in a very good position. It is just lol when people don't Warning a Damsel because they don't know how the deck works. But if you don't warning my Centibeet or even Hornet, I can equip Hornet and pop your Warning for the +.

If my opponent doesn't commit, I have never really had a problem. It gives me time to just sit and wait. And unless they set up an OTK or some amazing backrow, I think the deck is fine.
I do run both Gigas though to pop with my Hornets, so I have plays if I have one of them in hand + Hornet.
It can see how it is a problem though, especially for those not running the Gigas.

Although how I feel about the Gigas largely depends on one ruling. If I can equip and revive in the same turn they make ridiculous plays. If I can't equip and revive in the same turn, they are really hurt.

As I stated in my post, when people don't know what to do vs this deck it becomes much better, once they realise what to do the deck loses power, Yeah, like I said your opponent commiting minimal vs this deck is a problem, because it really slows you down, then they can drop a stardust and protection and you're basically scooping it up. I feel like this deck will be good (because its fucking stupidly powerful), but just really fragile.

@ Cheescake: We run Gigamantis so Veiler isn't auto-lose.

I doubt people run more than 1-2, it isn't like its going to happen everytime, veiler is a ball breaker to this deck and it always will be.

raika

raika

• +Necro Moderoid
  • 4389 posts
I thought about Eruption for grabbing Damsels and even Tour Guides, but I haven't yet tested it. Seems like it'd be good @ 1-2.

Lair Wire was alright in testing, I just dropped it because it was "just alright". RFGing a Damsel and then going Leviair next turn seems really good, but the scenario didn't come up too much. Damsel didn't end up hitting grave half the time because I found myself going into Zenmaines so much.

Sanjura

Sanjura

Sack(ed)jura

• Duelist
  • 5573 posts
also why is there no R-Locomotion Genex in the OP's extra :|

Naus

Naus

PASCAL

• +Necro Moderoid
  • 2385 posts
http://shriek.twoday...ories/49619240/

1st place
Player: 「今日つくった~」
Deck: Inzecter 「甲虫装機」

19 Monster
3x Inzecter Centipede 「甲虫装機 センチピード」
3x Inzecter Damsel 「甲虫装機 ダンセル」
3x Inzecter Hornet 「甲虫装機 ホーネット」
2x Knight of the End 「終末の騎士」
2x Summon Priest 「召喚僧サモンプリースト」
1x Inzecter Gigaweevil 「甲虫装機 ギガウィービル」
3x Inzecter Gigamantis 「甲虫装機 ギガマンティス」
2x Ally Genex Birdman 「A・ジェネクス・バードマン」

14 Magic
1x Armor Blast 「アーマーブラスト」
1x Heavy Storm 「大嵐」
1x Foolish Burial 「おろかな埋葬」
2x Pot of Greederosity 「強欲で謙虚な壺」
1x Monster Reborn 「死者蘇生」
1x Dark Hole 「ブラック・ホール」
1x Allure of Darkness 「闇の誘惑」
2x Mystical Space Typhoon 「サイクロン」
1x Book of Moon 「月の書」
3x Verdant Sanctuary 「大樹海」

7 Trap
1x Torrential Tribute 「激流葬」
1x Mirror Force 「聖なるバリア-ミラーフォース-」
2x Bottomless Trap Hole 「奈落の落とし穴」
1x Call of the Haunted 「リビングデッドの呼び声」
1x Solemn Warning 「神の警告」
1x Solemn Judgment 「神の宣告」

Extra
1x Ally of Justice Catastor 「A・O・J カタストル」
1x Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Boundary 「氷結界の龍 ブリューナク」
1x Black Rose Dragon 「ブラック・ローズ・ドラゴン」
1x Stardust Dragon 「スターダスト・ドラゴン」
1x Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Boundary 「氷結界の龍 トリシューラ」
1x Real Genex Kurokishian 「レアル・ジェネクス・クロキシアン」

1x Empty Space Sea Serpent Levaiel 「虚空海竜リヴァイエール」
1x No. 17, Revise Dragon 「No.17 リバイス・ドラゴン」
1x No. 20, Brilli-Ant the Gig-Ant 「No.20 蟻岩土ブリリアント」
1x No. 30, Acid Golem of Destruction 「No.30 破滅のアシッド・ゴーレム」
1x Inverz Roach 「インヴェルズ・ローチ」
1x No. 39, Aspiring King Hope 「No.39 希望皇ホープ」
1x Lavalval Chain 「ラヴァルバル・チェイン」
2x Inzecter Exabeetle 「甲虫装機 エクサビートル」

raika

raika

• +Necro Moderoid
  • 4389 posts

also why is there no R-Locomotion Genex in the OP's extra :|

I had Scrap Dragon listed twice like a champion, but I mentioned it. Edited OP; It's definitely worth inclusion in the extra.

TFJ

TFJ

Underworld Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1322 posts
Don't think I like Verdant. It helps you set up if you get it plus Hornet turn 1, but outside of that I don't know. I guess it is also a Monk pitch.

Why Armor Blast, unless it was translated differently this time. I guess it can do some work... Would rather have Release Restraint Wave over, since I don't see Armor Blast doing much.

Egnever

Egnever

aleph Ω

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1035 posts
Verdant got dropped pretty quickly in testing. I also don't like stuff like Armor Blast and Release Restraint Wave, because as mentioned, the deck is a bit fragile and if you aren't getting damsel into hornet off, you're probably not winning. I don't like builds that dick around with a lot of gigamantis/gigaweevils (I think the latter is bad the former is only okay), so popping equips is only marginal. Half the time I don't have any equips after I go Damsel into hornet into Centibeet into hornet, grab damsel. Then I usually poke and exceed into something like Zenmaines for defense. It's hard to get over Zenmaines without committing to the field, so it usually buys me another turn to go into Damsel again.

Veiler is a huge nemesis, as is Fiendish Chain, Skill Drain, or anything that stops Damsel. You absolutely need that Damsel to go off, or they can start whittling away at you since the deck lacks other power plays aside from Damsel into Hornet. Still, if you gear your deck around dumping hornet and grabbing damsel as fast as you can, which you obviously should, the combo is so powerful that it can win you a lot of games outright, often before they can draw/setup into the cards that can stop you.

Right now, I'm iffy about running the third Hornet, since I find drawing into multiples to be really shitty, and ideally you want to grab him from the grave, so I'd rather run the stuff that would help fetch the stuff to dump him (3 pots, the ROTA, monk/armaggedon knights) rather than trying to run 3 of him. But I'll probably run the third anyway.

that marcus kid

that marcus kid

THAT BELONGS IN A MUSEUM!

• Duelist
  • 4510 posts
im testing mystic tomato and A knight in this

Axle

Axle

throat/butt

• Loyalist
  • 4132 posts

As I stated in my post, when people don't know what to do vs this deck it becomes much better, once they realise what to do the deck loses power, Yeah, like I said your opponent commiting minimal vs this deck is a problem, because it really slows you down, then they can drop a stardust and protection and you're basically scooping it up. I feel like this deck will be good (because its fucking stupidly powerful), but just really fragile.]

Stardust is actually funny against this deck because the only thing they can negate is Hornet when it's already an equip card, meaning Damsel will still special summon from deck allowing you to destroy other cards and add another Damsel to hand. You can then proceed to make a Rank 3 or toss out other combos to defend against the stardust. Only use of Stardust would be to protect warnings/fiendish chains that stop the loop.

Striker might be cute. Summon Striker, summon Damsel, do the loop, search Damsel, make a 5/8 of choice.

Dragunity Dux is crying somewhere out there as he feels completely replaced.

Mushi

Mushi

Brave Heart

• Duelist
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
You might need to fix the sample Decklist, theres actually only 21 Monsters, 11 Spells and 7 Traps.

In term this means you have space for one more card in the sample decklist.

Kochen

Kochen

Plain Old Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

You might need to fix the sample Decklist, theres actually only 21 Monsters, 11 Spells and 7 Traps.

In term this means you have space for one more card in the sample decklist.

Prolly Gorz, imo, tbh, iirc, wtfbbq.

im'a beetle!!

im'a beetle!!

Borobudur - Is that flavor text bro?

• Duelist
  • 4897 posts
Apparently Giagamantis is $30 in the OCG...

Naus

Naus

PASCAL

• +Necro Moderoid
  • 2385 posts

Apparently Giagamantis is $30 in the OCG...

And this matters why?
Gagaga Magician is/was 24$ over there.

raika

raika

• +Necro Moderoid
  • 4389 posts
Siding D-Fissure really helps mitigate the Veiler issue, and Hornet gets around it in the equip zone + detached materials still hit the grave and anything that gets banished becomes food for Leviair.

freiser

freiser

Pojo didn't want me.

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts
Man, I'm buying this whole deck when it comes out. Love this shit. xD

Mr. Jank

Mr. Jank

You've Activated My Trap Card!

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 768 posts
3 Hornet
3 Damsel
3 Centibeet
1 Gigamantis
2 Monk
2 Maxx c
2 Armageddon
2 Birdman
1 DaD
1 Doom Dozer
1 Sangan

3 Duality
2 MST
1 Allure
1 Foolish
1 Rota
1 Reborn
1 Dark hole
1 Storm

1 Solemn
2 Warning
2 BTH
1 Lair Wire
1 Dustshoot
1 Torrential

Been testing this for a while. seems pretty legit.
I'm not playing tourguides because I am in no danger of getting them anytime soon.

inb4 "if it's to expensive then don't play"

TFJ

TFJ

Underworld Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1322 posts

3 Hornet
3 Damsel
3 Centibeet
1 Gigamantis
2 Monk
2 Maxx c
2 Armageddon
2 Birdman
1 DaD
1 Doom Dozer
1 Sangan

3 Duality
2 MST
1 Allure
1 Foolish
1 Rota
1 Reborn
1 Dark hole
1 Storm

1 Solemn
2 Warning
2 BTH
1 Lair Wire
1 Dustshoot
1 Torrential

Been testing this for a while. seems pretty legit.
I'm not playing tourguides because I am in no danger of getting them anytime soon.

inb4 "if it's to expensive then don't play"

Inzecters will probably be an expensive deck, if hypes continues to build for it. No single card should hit Tour Guide prices, but you'll still be paying if you want to play it.

I personally would want to see a Tomato in your build. but that is just me. Fetches Sangan, Armageddon, Hornet, Damsel, Monk. If they Solemn its effect, then you used up their warning. If they don't solemn it, well hopefullyit issafe to grab Damsel and pop the warning.

byakk

byakk

what are you looking at

• Duelist
  • 2174 posts
The OP should include how Hornet can send itself under Dimensional Fissure (it activates and sends as an equip spell, not a monster), meaning it's one less side card this deck worries about and the deck can also side into it.

Siding/maining Dimensional Fissure prevents the deck from losing to Effect Veiler as well, which is one of the decks primary problems, and your Inzecters will be more frequently removed for Leviair, which is pretty easy to get out in here.

AND WON MO TING

there are some gimmicky equips you can use with Damsel to do really stupid stuff.

first one has been brought up before which is Heart of Clear Water.

Posted Image

the premise is if you equip it to Damsel, and then equip a Gigamantis or Hornet to Damsel, Damsel's ATK will go over 1300, thus popping Heart and letting you activate Damsel. You can then get rid of Hornet/Gigamantis through other means and get more plusses off of the same Damsel.

There's also Smoke Grenade of the Thief.

Posted Image

I dunno if this has been mentioned before, but going Damsel -> Hornet and equipping Smoke Grenade to Damsel lets you explode while picking off at your opponent's hand. You send Hornet to target Smoke Grenade and then both are destroyed. Damsel will then activate twice in the same chain along with Smoke Grenade, searching two Inzecters and discarding a card.

raika

raika

• +Necro Moderoid
  • 4389 posts
Not sure if Smoke Grenade/Clear Water are the best things, but the fact that Damsel goes off when any Equip card is sent is something possibly worth looking into, assuming you can abuse the right equip.

Supervise, perhaps? Get a Gigaplant from grave?

Gigamantis also summons Insects, in addition to plants, and getting Damsel off twice seems silly as hell.

As far as my opponent not committing enough to the field for me to go on, that's what Gigamantis is for.

Damsel, equip Hornet, equip Gigamantis, pop Gigamantis, get 2 Inzecters. (one from deck, one from grave) It's extremely good at contributing to OTKs or just very large plusses.

The Eternal Lurker

The Eternal Lurker

Asshat

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts
Like Byakk said, you really should mention D Fissure in the OP
-It hits Plants, DW, Karakuri and even Agents (no kristya/honest/Veiler)
-It stops one of your most annoying counters (Veiler) and stops them dropping a Maxx C on TGU
-It has insane synergy with TGU and Leviair, especially as you run a lot of 3*s and your power play normally leaves 2 used up 3* monsters on the field

Summoner Monk is also worth a mention: Monk-> Armageddon Knight->dump Hornet->make Chain-> stack DAD is one of the most ridiculous opening plays out there.

Slowpoke

Slowpoke

BMS

• Duelist
  • 3593 posts
Damsel + Gigamantis + Hornet in Grave = Wind-Up Emerald discard loop I believe.

Damsel get hornet, equip Gigamantis.
Hornet pop gigamantis.
Damsel eff activate twice, get 2 Centibeets.
Gigamantis Revive Hornet.
XYZ into 2 Zenmaighty's.
Zenmaighty #1 get Magician.
Zenmaighty #2 get another Magician.
Magican #1 eff activates, get Hunter.
Hunter tribute Zenmaighty #1, discard 1.
Magician #2's effect activates, get 2nd hunter.
Hunter eff, tribute Zenmaighty #2, discard 2nd card.
XYZ magicians into Daigusto Emerald.
XYZ both hunters into 3rd Zenmaighty.
Zenmaighty get Rat.
Rat get Hunter.
Hunter tribute Zenmaighty, discard 3rd Card.
Daigusto eff, return 3 Zenmaightys, draw 1.
Hunter + Rat into Zenmaighty.
Zenmaighty get rat.
Rat get hunter.
Hunter tribute Zenmaighty, discard 4th card.
XYZ into Zenmaighty.
Get last Rat.
Get Hunter.
Tribute, discard 5th card.
XYZ into lv3 XYZ.

End Result: discarded 5 cards from opponents hand, draw 1, have emerald on field + rank 3.

Obviously involves playing a lot of dead Wind ups in deck, but its a cute play.

CheeseCake

CheeseCake

"It was pretty fresh."

• Loyalist
  • 2401 posts
Yeah, it works, I thought most people knew this, it kinda comes under the whole four level 3s to do the looop combo.

byakk

byakk

what are you looking at

• Duelist
  • 2174 posts
I'm really starting to not like TGU because of its horrible interactions with PoD. Not to mention putting out a Sangan puts you in risk of losing to Rai-Oh. The only time I like TGU in here is when I can Allure Leviair something (which is rare) or I can TGU -> Sangan into Levi Dragon and set Call.

I'm currently playing 2 PoD, but without TGU I'd bump it up to 3 and play Reapers, cuz Reaper is like the ideal turn 1 set under PoD, and with Hornet blowing up everything it's easy to get direct swings.

CheeseCake

CheeseCake

"It was pretty fresh."

• Loyalist
  • 2401 posts
You should never leave sangan sitting on the board, basically all TGU does now days is make rank 3s and let you randomly ram your sangan for ideal cards. You basically never just leave sangan sitting there.

FZia

FZia

Knight of the Abyss

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts
Besides chain dis, mind crush, shadow mirror and consec light what side deck cards should we watch out for?

TFJ

TFJ

Underworld Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1322 posts

Besides chain dis, mind crush, shadow mirror and consec light what side deck cards should we watch out for?

Skill Drain is instant game unless you are lucky enough to draw into s/t hate.

If you are lucky you might be able to stick a Gigamantis or a rank 3 Xyz. But I assume the opponent can get out of that given time, while the rest of your cards are dead.

raika

raika

• +Necro Moderoid
  • 4389 posts
Most of what shits on this deck can be covered by MST and Dimensional Fissure (SiM, Skill Drain, Warning, Veiler, etc)

I've been enjoying 3 MST in the main because getting the first Damsel summon to stick is so crucial (and MSTing an equipped Hornet/Gigamantis isn't awful either)

I still like TGU more than Armaggedon Knight, despite the interactions with PoD if only for the ability to t1 Zenmaines or Leviair out for combos (or if you can manage it, playing protect the Sangan so you can get your Hornet/Damsel search off)

TGU+Sangan into a Rank 3 also makes CoTH better, for obvious reasons.

byakk

byakk

what are you looking at

• Duelist
  • 2174 posts
3 Inzecter Hornet
3 Inzecter Damsel
3 Inzecter Centibeet
1 Inzecter Gigaweevil
1 Inzecter Gigamantis
2 Maxx "C"
2 Spirit Reaper
1 Effect Veiler
1 Gorz the Emissary of Darkness
1 Dark Armed Dragon
1 Sangan

3 Pot of Duality
3 Heart of Clear Water
2 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 Dark Hole
1 Monster Reborn
1 Heavy Storm
1 Allure of Darkness
1 Foolish Burial

3 Reckless Greed
2 Solemn Warning
1 Solemn Judgment
1 Torrential Tribute
1 Trap Dustshoot

Reaper is amazing, Heart isn't that bad in testing, and I like triple Reckless because as long as you draw into Damsel/Centibeet + Hornet, you won't need to draw into your deck for anymore combo pieces and you should be able to accomplish everything you need at that point.

TFJ

TFJ

Underworld Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1322 posts
Did you test out Call? I haven't played Inzecters in awhile (comboing got boring, no one sits through it), but I remember liking call in general. It won't help a weak hand, but it gets over those Warnings that try to stop you. You run less normal summon monsters though, but I'd still try one over a Heart of Clear Water. 3 seems excessive.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Inzektor, March 2012 Format

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users