Welcome to DuelistGroundz
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Street Fighter x Tekken

Street Fighter Tekken

• Please log in to reply
145 replies to this topic

Spaceman

Spaceman

Ground Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2477 posts
I'm not sure if this topic has already been posted and if so please take this down.

Release Date: March 6th, 2012 (NA) March 9th, 2012 (EU)

Looks exciting!!!

Spaceman

Spaceman

Ground Duelist

• Duelist
  • 2477 posts

PJ

PJ

That coverage guy!

• »Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10826 posts
Yoshimitsu cutting Hadoukens in half? Yes please.

dolphin

dolphin

terry francona

• »Retired Staff
  • 8820 posts
bob is beast

Spaceman

Spaceman

Ground Duelist

• Duelist
  • 2477 posts
Super excited to see Cody fight against the Tekken boys. Should be sick...

GENGAR

GENGAR

Master Lurker

• Duelist
  • 3750 posts
I remember my innocence of playing Tekken for the storylines and maybe to make my fighters look cool. Now that I know how hardcore people can get with the competitive scene on these kinds of games, it makes me not want to buy them ;[

Indignation

Indignation

Don't act like you're not impressed! — Ron Burgundy

• Duelist
  • 15407 posts
That's a dumb reason not to like a game. Actually it's quite unacceptable especially if your playing for story modes. It almost sounds like nintendo fanboyism when they defend "casual" gaming over "hardcore" gaming. Go deprive yourself of something you like because of how others play/enjoy the game? That's sad.

Shit I guess you don't play any fighting game at all, even ssbb. They all got their "hardcore" gamer base. Competitive scenes are always "hardcore" or else it wouldn't be competitive.

Just enjoy the game for what it is.

Axle

Axle

oh

• Loyalist
  • 4279 posts
I'll be getting this on PC.

Spaceman

Spaceman

Ground Duelist

• Duelist
  • 2477 posts
That was awesome.

GENGAR

GENGAR

Master Lurker

• Duelist
  • 3750 posts

That's a dumb reason not to like a game. Actually it's quite unacceptable especially if your playing for story modes. It almost sounds like nintendo fanboyism when they defend "casual" gaming over "hardcore" gaming. Go deprive yourself of something you like because of how others play/enjoy the game? That's sad.

Shit I guess you don't play any fighting game at all, even ssbb. They all got their "hardcore" gamer base. Competitive scenes are always "hardcore" or else it wouldn't be competitive.

I didn't say I don't like the games lol. And yes I enjoyed playing the Super Smash games and thoroughly enjoyed them at random parties/hang outs. I'm just saying with how much games are geared towards the competitive scene these days, I feel like I'm not getting my sixty dollars worth just playing a fighting game for the stories/customization. It's kind of like buying Call of Duty solely for the campaign.

Maybe I worded it wrong but no need to get so aggro dude.

dolphin

dolphin

terry francona

• »Retired Staff
  • 8820 posts

I'll be getting this on PC.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maUMZYWs9g4

wow i'm so horny

Indignation

Indignation

• Duelist
  • 15407 posts

I didn't say I don't like the games lol. And yes I enjoyed playing the Super Smash games and thoroughly enjoyed them at random parties/hang outs. I'm just saying with how much games are geared towards the competitive scene these days, I feel like I'm not getting my sixty dollars worth just playing a fighting game for the stories/customization. It's kind of like buying Call of Duty solely for the campaign.

sorry about that. I literally had just got in a discussion on that topic with one of my friends and was still frustrated lol. I understand what you mean. I don't think the story modes will be bad in this. tekkens usually has very good single player everything. I think 60 dollars is too much for most games tbh. I like that games are focussing on both. super smash bros brawl was great for me except the random tumbling drives me crazy.

i'm not a super competitive player either in most games but I don't playing with competitive hard core players either.

anyway I think this game will be worth it, it looks like they are spending a lot of time making it really good.

GENGAR

GENGAR

Master Lurker

• Duelist
  • 3750 posts
Indeed. And unlike most mash-up fighting games, I actually really like and know about both sides in this game. I just haven't played the recent games lately so I'm not too keen on some of the newer characters @__@

Axle

Axle

oh

• Loyalist
  • 4279 posts
What about Tekken X Street Fighter? You know...the Tekken system focused version of the game? We don't have a single screen or anything of it yet. If they do continue it the game will likely see a far later 2012 release and I have a feeling it's not going to do very well being overshadowed by the Street Fighter engine game. But they can't really just cancel the game can they? This is a joint and deals between the two companies have already been made.

As of May 2011, Katsuhiro Harada has stated that his staff "hasn't started" on Tekken X Street Fighter yet.[6]

Indignation

Indignation

• Duelist
  • 15407 posts
The tekken version won't be out until at earliest 2013. They haven't even started it because they were working on 2 projects when the deal went through.

Pokemon Ranger Grieven

Pokemon Ranger Grieven

True Duelist

• Duelist
  • 3059 posts
Lol, they answered a lot of prayers over at the competitibe MvC scene. They wanted a Street Fighter clash with some other game but I didn't expect Tekken. Awesome. Meanwhile, I shall continue playing UMvC3

infinite

infinite

Swagasaurus Rex

• +Ancient Moderoid
  • 6942 posts

That's not even true. These games make it really easy for the casual player to enjoy with the new modes and mechanics they been introducing. Games like Blazblue, Kof13,Soul Calibur 4, Brawl and MK9 all have pretty fleshed out story modes for you to enjoy. I'm pretty sure this game will have a story mode or a fleshed out story with multiple endings etc. and it will have a bunch of modes to mess around with if you get bored of the standard 2v2 affair.

GENGAR

GENGAR

Master Lurker

• Duelist
  • 3750 posts
I haven't looked too much into Blazblue or King of Fighters. Soul Calibur was pretty awesome. I remember the last one that came out on the PS2 gen had Chronicle of Souls aside from the regular arcade mode and I really liked it. I might just go pick up SC5 when it comes out. Hopefully it has something similar to Chronicle of Souls and has a pretty good Create a Soul too.

Mortal Kombat...I don't know. Something about that series that I can't really get into.

Gary Oak

Gary Oak

<3

• Loyalist
  • 10400 posts
I've played it a few times now. I hated Street Fighter IV but this really caught my attention -- it's looking good and I'm excited for it.

Spaceman

Spaceman

Ground Duelist

• Duelist
  • 2477 posts
Confirmed Fighters

Street Fighter:

Ryu
Ken
Chun-Li
Guile
Abel
Cammy
Sagat
Dhalsim
Poison
Hugo
Ibuki
Rolento
Zangief
Rufus

Tekken:

Kazuya
Nina
Marduk
King
Bob
Julia
Hwoarang
Steve
Yoshimitsu
Raven
Kuma
Heihachi
Lili
Asuka

Also Cole from InFamous is confirmed for the PS3 version of the game.

Sad there is no Cody, Guy, or Jin. ITT they are going to be DLC. :(

infinite

infinite

Swagasaurus Rex

• +Ancient Moderoid
  • 6942 posts
I really hope Karin is in the game... ;_;

BiPi

BiPi

3..2...FANBOY MODE d(^o^)b

• Duelist
  • 13130 posts
i'm hoping they take a different approach w/ this game than others. get it right the first time, no rebalances, just new additions to cast.

infinite

infinite

Swagasaurus Rex

• +Ancient Moderoid
  • 6942 posts

i'm hoping they take a different approach w/ this game than others. get it right the first time, no rebalances, just new additions to cast.

Me too but knowing Capcom that won't happen.

Axle

Axle

oh

• Loyalist
  • 4279 posts
There's still 3 months. They're probably just not in the demo. Cody and Guy will be there for the release.

Spaceman

Spaceman

Ground Duelist

• Duelist
  • 2477 posts

There's still 3 months. They're probably just not in the demo. Cody and Guy will be there for the release.

I hope so!!!

Spaceman

Spaceman

Ground Duelist

• Duelist
  • 2477 posts

OH YES!

PJ

PJ

That coverage guy!

• »Retired Staff
  • 10826 posts
If Pacman's in this I hope he's as awesome as Gon from Tekken 3.

Indignation

Indignation

• Duelist
  • 15407 posts
If they brought back Gon I would cry of happiness and even send a thank you mail to Capcom and Namco

BiPi

BiPi

3..2...FANBOY MODE d(^o^)b

• Duelist
  • 13130 posts
excuse me juri wtf r u doing?

GENGAR

GENGAR

Master Lurker

• Duelist
  • 3750 posts
I'd like to see some awesome Devil Jin vs. Evil Ryu battling.

Also glad that Paul and Law got in. They're as staple to the tekken series as Kazuya and Heihachi are.

Spaceman

Spaceman

Ground Duelist

• Duelist
  • 2477 posts

I'd like to see some awesome Devil Jin vs. Evil Ryu battling.

Also glad that Paul and Law got in. They're as staple to the tekken series as Kazuya and Heihachi are.

I agree.

On a side note, am I the only person who would like to see Alex from Street Fighter 3 return?

infinite

infinite

Swagasaurus Rex

• +Ancient Moderoid
  • 6942 posts
The single greatest troll in the history of trolling

Spaceman

Spaceman

Ground Duelist

• Duelist
  • 2477 posts
God this game just gets better and better!!

Arshen

Arshen

LURKER MOAR

• Loyalist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1908 posts
Posted Image

That made me speechlessly going, "what the fu..." for the entirety of this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwxQ-Cl0vA0

Spaceman

Spaceman

Ground Duelist

• Duelist
  • 2477 posts
The prices of the DLC is absolutely absurd....

Boost Gem Pack 1 – $2.99, Includes 9 new gems to equip to your characters.

Boost Gem Pack 2 – $2.99, Includes 9 new gems to equip to your characters.

Color Edit Pack 1 – FREE, Includes 4 new colors to use in the Color Edit mode.

Costume Swap S Pack – $9.99, Includes a new costume for each of the Street Fighter characters, based on a Tekken character.

Costume Swap T Pack – $9.99, Includes a new costume for each of the Tekken characters, based on a Street Fighter character.

Costume Swap X Pack – $15.99, A combination of the S Pack and T Pack – Includes new costumes for each character, based on characters from the opposite series.

New Challengers Pack – $7.99, Adds 4 new characters to the game: Cody, Guy, Christie and Leo.

X Unlocker – $4.99, Unlocks two secret characters, Akuma and Ogre, as well as all additional character colors and special modes without having to perform the in-game tasks to unlock them.

Arshen

Arshen

LURKER MOAR

• Loyalist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1908 posts
.....And just like that, I'm starting not to care anymore.

Indignation

Indignation

• Duelist
  • 15407 posts
wtf lol. I'll skip dlc thanks unless they fix megaman lol. I don't want that megaman =(

Spaceman

Spaceman

Ground Duelist

• Duelist
  • 2477 posts
Like, I'll pay for the extra 4 characters because I love Cody but everything else is just ridiculous.

Paxman

Paxman

I don't even...

• +Ancient Moderoid
  • 7845 posts
Capcom spitting in the face of long time MM fans. Cancelling MML3, kicking him out of MvC3, and now this.

Fuck Capcom, I won't be buying any of their shit.

Nate the Awesome

Nate the Awesome

The Greatest

• Duelist
  • 2358 posts
I like what they done to pac-man. I feared they was going to make him similar to Kirby in Brawl and have him eat the opponents (not to gain their power of course), but they surprised me by putting him in a robot and making a homage to the arcade days with the arcade sticks.

Mega Man, his design and everything, can go eat a dick. It oddly reminds me of the way Wolverine looked in the old Marvel comics...in a bad, bad way It looks like E.Honda with a Mega Man suit on tbh. Also, his move set seems to suck ass.

Cole, they made him TOO DAMN BUFF (look at Infamous 1&2 and you'll see what I mean) and look old as hell. Makes him look very awkward to me. Also, the way he plays doesn't seem as fluid to me as it would be in infamous; he seems to be a bit stiff to me. I understand that they're different games and all, but if you're going to port a character, at least make him feel like he did in his original game. I guess it's a side effect of being buff as fuck...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Street Fighter, Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users