Welcome to DuelistGroundz
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Wind-Up Rabbit, Duality and Wanghu

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Glimmervoid

Glimmervoid

God of Dark World

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2003 posts
Hey

I have a few questions about Wind-Up Rabbit. I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but I want to be totally sure.

1) Can I use Rabbit's effect to dodge an onfield King Tiger Wanghu when I summon Rabbit?
2) If I have a face-up King Tiger Wanghu, and Rabbit returns from RFG, does Rabbit get destroyed?
3) Can I use Pot of Duality the turn Rabbit return from RFG?

Thanks in advance!

Lauren

Lauren

Father of YOLO

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Hey I have a few questions about Wind-Up Rabbit. I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but I want to be totally sure. 1) Can I use Rabbit's effect to dodge an onfield King Tiger Wanghu when I summon Rabbit? 2) If I have a face-up King Tiger Wanghu, and Rabbit returns from RFG, does Rabbit get destroyed? 3) Can I use Pot of Duality the turn Rabbit return from RFG? Thanks in advance!

1) Wind-Up Rabbit's Effect is a Quick Effect and not an Ignition Effect. So you summon Rabbit, CL1 Wanghu's Mandatory Effect activates, you can then chain Rabbit's Effect as CL2.

2) No, Rabbit does not Special Summon itself back to the field, it just returns to it.

3) Yes, Rabbit does not Special Summon itself back to the field, it just returns to it.

Kichwa Tembo

Kichwa Tembo

Knight of the Abyss

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Hey I have a few questions about Wind-Up Rabbit. I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but I want to be totally sure. 1) Can I use Rabbit's effect to dodge an onfield King Tiger Wanghu when I summon Rabbit?

1) Wind-Up Rabbit's Effect is a Quick Effect and not an Ignition Effect. So you summon Rabbit, CL1 Wanghu's Mandatory Effect activates, you can then chain Rabbit's Effect as CL2.

Is this 100%? A similar senario occured to me,and it was ruled that a monster summoned that triggers Wanghu couldn't be targeted by other cards Spell speed 2 cards (e.g. select it and do X),as it's summon isn't considered successful. Could someone please elaborate?

dota-pro

dota-pro

Tomb Keeper

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Hey I have a few questions about Wind-Up Rabbit. I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but I want to be totally sure. 1) Can I use Rabbit's effect to dodge an onfield King Tiger Wanghu when I summon Rabbit?

Is this 100%? A similar senario occured to me,and it was ruled that a monster summoned that triggers Wanghu couldn't be targeted by other cards Spell speed 2 cards (e.g. select it and do X),as it's summon isn't considered successful. Could someone please elaborate?

also really want to verify this.... I've heard people (judges included) say both things...

Asura The Fearful One

Asura The Fearful One

bitches be tribbin

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2932 posts
The new text of King Tiger Wanghu should read:

When a monster(s) with 1400 or less ATK is Normal Summoned or Special Summoned: Destroy the monster(s).

As you can see, this is a Trigger Effect which is triggered by successful Normal or Special Summons. You can Chain to this effect, and you can target the monster that would be destroyed by King Tiger Wanghu. You can reference the old (albeit now unofficial) ruling of Wanghu v Marauding Captain:

"If 'King Tiger Wanghu' is on the field and 'Marauding Captain' is Summoned, 'Marauding Captain' can still activate its effect and Special Summon a monster even though 'Marauding Captain' is destroyed."

Wanghu will only activate if the summon(s) is successful.

Indignation

Indignation

Don't act like you're not impressed! Ron Burgundy

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15373 posts
Does that mean you can exile force wanghu?

Lauren

Lauren

Father of YOLO

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Does that mean you can exile force wanghu?

No, because Exiled Force has an Optional Ignition effect and it is Spell Speed 1. Rabbit is different because its Quick Effect is Spell Speed 2 and it can chain to Wanghu's effect.

Marauding Captain only works because it is a Trigger Effect instead of an Optional Ignition Effect.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users