Welcome to DuelistGroundz
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Cards That Offer Irreparable Game States And Troubling Situations!

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Mutavault

Mutavault

Zach Burnz

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5214 posts
Ok so I got to thinking how someones favorite win condition could be...just getting opponents a loss for a play function an example of this one was an easy mst vs. trap dustshoot but that was a judges decision when shortcuts were made this could very well be sorted out however... what about a card such as...

Drop Off:

When your opponent draws a card they lose the card immediately that they drew.

Simple enough but what if say your a speed demon and shuffle like those "cool people" and soon as you grab it you shuffle it many times around back and fourth making your cards fan and other cool tricks but then disaster strikes within a second of this you were hit by Drop Off and now...Which card did you just draw? Of course your gonna tell them it was said card but is opponent gonna buy that? Doubt it so when you get into an argument judge will eventually have a disaster of a situation to solve. If you do get the head judge to agree with your argument "they should have said something that they were going to activate something in their draw phase" however opponent can argue that "if I said that he could end phase mst the drop off" Now judge has to pick a story and make a judge call literally. It gets even more complicated when you say this was said card and you could easily be lying now too and throw your wind up hunter in grave when conveniently you have a rat to go along with your hunter that was "dropped". Does this seem fishy now? All because everyone thought asking for response in drawphase was gone because of dustshoot.

Other cards that can cause headache are...

Parasite Paraside: lol you cut deck opponent cuts it right to top or 1 card off. Whats a judge gonna say "don't use this ever?"

Exchange: You both have same color sleeves your opponent picks a Tour guide and doesn't use it ever gets their hand big you win eventually and they shake your hand all smiles and such their card was given back turns ago but...you forgot all about your tour guide from your win and your opponent being cool with you and they make small talk and you guys talk say good luck etc... opponent lost the match but left with a nice parting gift.

Yu Jo Friendship and Unity: A combo that forces a handshake, what if a person has Acute Paranoia (can't be touched by others) or hand looks very disgusting or has been a big dick to you the whole game and want to punch them the last thing you want to do is shake their hand. How would a judge sort this out especially if a person lies and says they have condition etc...

Question: What if someone looked through their graveyard and made it an "accident" to switch the first monster with something else and when they still have it in your hand you play the card and set it down on the table. Another judge problem to resolve.

I don't see why cards like these with player interaction possibilities and cards that can be troublesome if shortcuts were taken can really be a part of this game and in future things like these need to be taken into consideration.

Pharaoh Atem

Pharaoh Atem

The Ruler of Benevolence - Your Translator

• ~+-Superior of the In-Between-+~
  • 20608 posts
If someone cannot or will not give you a handshake, words ought be usable to replace it. "I accept?"

iWank

iWank

So Raven

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts
If I pay for a handjob, words can't replace that, so I vote no.

On topic: id imagine plenty of double warnings/losses handed out for most of those situations.

Almighty Me

Almighty Me

Guardian

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts
As far as I'm concerned all these cards should be banned. (Minus Drop Off, that can be mitigated with proper communication same as Shoot)

Shit that causes unecessary problems in tournament operation/gamestate/let you steal your opponent's shit deserve no place in the game.

I've got a guy at my locals who tried to play Parasite Paracide just to cause a hassle everytime he got it off (due to the obvious shuffling issues).

Fortunately, since it's a local I run and not a Konami event I just flat out told him "If you're going to do dumb shit just to be a smart ass and cause problems, get the fuck out."

If that had been an actual event, I'd be in a predicament though.

I think the bigger issue is; "How does one deal with people who just want to be a dick for the sake of being a dick."

Also, the Yu-Jo Friendship thing is a classic joke. Activate the combo, spit in your palm. Your move duelist.

white-bordered swamp

white-bordered swamp

Like 8th edition or something?

• +Necro Moderoid
  • 11323 posts
Drop Off is similar to Trap Dustshoot. The shortcut is to assume that nothing is being done in the draw phase since that's what is done 99% of the time. The correct way to Drop Off would be "Enter my end phase, response?" Your opponent would say "no" (so now you don't have to worry about MST). Then you would say "Ok, then in your draw phase I'll Drop Off."

As far as Parasite Parcide goes, the fairest thing to do would be to shuffle the deck without looking at it.

If my opponent took a $100+ card with Exchange I'd be damn sure not to forget about it. Don't know what else to say there.

Friendship + Unity: See Atem's post.

Rearranging the graveyard is illegal because Question exists. if your opponent activates Question and it's clear that they've rearranged their graveyard, and I would rule it as an illegal activation (returns to the hand, cannot be used for the remainder of this game).

Mutavault

Mutavault

Zach Burnz

• Duelist
  • 5214 posts

Also, the Yu-Jo Friendship thing is a classic joke. Activate the combo, spit in your palm. Your move duelist.

Thats different since its unsportsmanlike conduct the highest degree.

Mutavault

Mutavault

Zach Burnz

• Duelist
  • 5214 posts

As far as Parasite Parcide goes, the fairest thing to do would be to shuffle the deck without looking at it.

Player A uses Player's Choice Sleeves, Player B uses Ultra Pro Sleeves, they feel much different/can cut right to it.

im'a beetle!!

im'a beetle!!

Borobudur - Is that flavor text bro?

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4967 posts
Can't you have the judge do it with his eyes blindfolded? Yeah he coudl have some sort of affiliation with one of the parties but he shoudln't and should just not give a fuck.

Could you also just switch out the sleeve for the same one and have a judge watch their hand to see when they draw it?

Although I guess there is the chance he may also be using the card in which case maybe the judge should keep six in their possession, each set marked differently with a sharpie. (only used when swapped in)

InfusionsCap

InfusionsCap

Ground Duelist

• »Retired Staff
  • 3831 posts
All the examples given are older cards, which gives me hope that cards like this aren't going to be printed in the future. I would say that they are thinking ahead, but that runs the risk of giving them too much credit. Interesting topic though.

Byte

Byte

LuckSack

• Loyalist
  • 2904 posts

Yu Jo Friendship and Unity: A combo that forces a handshake, what if a person has Acute Paranoia (can't be touched by others) or hand looks very disgusting or has been a big dick to you the whole game and want to punch them the last thing you want to do is shake their hand. How would a judge sort this out especially if a person lies and says they have condition etc...

Reminds me of someone everyone called ketchup kid in my locals... Apparently he was gross and when Dan faced off vs him at a regionals or something he wouldn't even duel him, just scooped up his cards and left.

BigDongStudios

BigDongStudios

BiggerDongSmallerStudios

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1769 posts
Lmfao Yu-Jo Friendship. I was in a win-a-mat at YCS providence, and played a guy using skill drain garbo.dek. Game 3 he went first, used it, and gave me a shit-eating grin as he flashed "Unity" in his hand. I shook the fuck out of his hand.

BGBK

BGBK

0o0o0o0o

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts
With Yu Jo Friendship and Unity you could literally sit there and wipe your ass in front of the opponent. I kind of laughed while typing that, shows my immaturity I guess.

You could also use cards like Blasting Fuse since the majority of people don't make zones clear. You could probably re-arrange their monsters just by asking to read them.

I fully expect to hear about someone like josh graham doing the Exchange trick at every YCS now.

Mutavault

Mutavault

Zach Burnz

• Duelist
  • 5214 posts

I fully expect to hear about someone like josh graham doing the Exchange trick at every YCS now.

This was done in Teledad era its nothing new, its just something you have to be weary about. And since you can't take notes anymore you have to remember they have it.

Joe.

Joe.

Captain Sure.

• Duelist
  • 2942 posts
What if I Moray of Greed an Exchanged Swap Frog.

im'a beetle!!

im'a beetle!!

Borobudur - Is that flavor text bro?

• Duelist
  • 4967 posts
http://yugioh.wikia....ss_Chain_Master

^ disturbance Strategy says it would go to the opponent's (original owner's) deck.

Subway_Eat_Fresh

Subway_Eat_Fresh

Underworld Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1784 posts

What if I Moray of Greed an Exchanged Swap Frog.

I loved siding Exchange in the Frog FTK mirror, steal my opponent's moray, mass driver, substitoad. I've never seen someone shit brix so hard when I played it at regionals.

white-bordered swamp

white-bordered swamp

• +Necro Moderoid
  • 11323 posts

This was done in Teledad era its nothing new, its just something you have to be weary about. And since you can't take notes anymore you have to remember they have it.

Note taking is not allowed in KDE sanctioned tournaments, with the following exceptions:
- Players in sanctioned Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG tournaments should keep a record of both players’ Life Points for each game.
- Tracking of mandatory effect reminders.
- Tracking of turns and turn counters.

I'm pretty sure "getting my card back after the duel is over" could qualify as a mandatory effect reminder.

Byte

Byte

LuckSack

• Loyalist
  • 2904 posts

With Yu Jo Friendship and Unity you could literally sit there and wipe your ass in front of the opponent. I kind of laughed while typing that, shows my immaturity I guess.

You could also use cards like Blasting Fuse since the majority of people don't make zones clear. You could probably re-arrange their monsters just by asking to read them.

you know, you could still do that and get to your opponent and not use unity + friendship. You get the opportunity to shuffle your opponent's deck. =] wipe the snot from your nose, scratch your ass, pop some zits, be as gross as you can be then be like gimme your deck to shuffle please. >_>;

Kefka Palazzo

Kefka Palazzo

Frostosaurus Rex

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts

you know, you could still do that and get to your opponent and not use unity + friendship. You get the opportunity to shuffle your opponent's deck. =] wipe the snot from your nose, scratch your ass, pop some zits, be as gross as you can be then be like gimme your deck to shuffle please. >_>;

And then I call a judge and you get penalized for unsporting conduct...

BGBK

BGBK

0o0o0o0o

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

And then I call a judge and you get penalized for unsporting conduct...

Then you call a judge and get DQ'd for not letting me shuffle your deck

Kefka Palazzo

Kefka Palazzo

Frostosaurus Rex

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts
And I'd bet my collection 5 times over vs a penny of yours that that isn't how it would go down.

BGBK

BGBK

0o0o0o0o

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts
So you think I could call a judge anytime during a match and randomly say that my opponent wiped his ass therefore can't shuffle my deck? AND get him a penalty out of that? What is stopping me from doing that whenever I want and going x-0 during a YCS (exaggerated)? Not quite sure what exactly a judge would say/do but you definitely won't be getting your opponent penalized......

Byte

Byte

LuckSack

• Loyalist
  • 2904 posts
btw I should note that there is a kid that actually does that...

BigDongStudios

BigDongStudios

BiggerDongSmallerStudios

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1769 posts
Is it you?

iSlickz

iSlickz

"Anger Issues"

• Loyalist
  • 3244 posts
Teching blasting fuse now

Byte

Byte

LuckSack

• Loyalist
  • 2904 posts

Is it you?

No. No it is not.

And both of you are over exaggerating what would happen. Far as I know the kid I am talking about doesn't do it for that purpose. I did hear a story of Dan sitting down for a match, kid did something gross, Dan says screw this and scooped up. Did not want the kid touching his deck. I could see someone seeing this and trying to duplicate it for wins. Or maybe that kid IS doing it on purpose. I dunno I never met him, just heard stories around my locals. *shrug*

white-bordered swamp

white-bordered swamp

• +Necro Moderoid
  • 11323 posts
Blasting Fuse is actually the nuts on DN since it forces you to play shit in the middle column first.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users