Welcome to DuelistGroundz
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Tachikaze Deck Discussion Thread

Tachikaze Cardfight!! Vanguard

22 replies to this topic

GotCaughtGG

GotCaughtGG

DGZ's Executive Vice President of Talent Relations

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4409 posts

Tachikaze are a clan from the Dragon Empire. Most of their unique race, DinoDragons, resemble mechanical dinosaurs. Tachikaze are usually branded as the weakest deck which makes them extremely cheap to buy. However, all though labeled as the weakest deck, Tachikaze have some of the strongest units in the game with grade 2s being able to reach 21k power. They gain power by retiring each other and recycling units. Tachikaze bring meaning to the phrase the best defense is a good offense. Although this clan does have some cards in English, it is not playable yet so we will focus on the JPN.

Triggers, Vanillas, and Miscellaneous

Black Cannon Tiger - Critical Trigger

Auto【R】: During the battle this Unit has boosted in's attack hits, you may Soulcharge(1). If Soulcharged(1), return this Unit back to Deck, and shuffle that Deck.

Bombarding Dragon Sledgeankylo - Draw Trigger

Activate【R】: [Move this Unit to Soul] Choose up to 1 of your «Tachikaze», and during that turn, it gains +3000 Power.

Herbivore Dragon, Brutesaurus - Draw Trigger

Pack Dragon, Tinyrex - Stand Trigger

Savage Shaman - Heal Trigger

Sonic Noah - 8k vanilla

Archbird - Omniguard

Ravenous Dragon, Megarex - 10k Vanilla

Grade 0:

Posted Image

Dat starting vanguard. When you ride another tachikaze on it you can call it to the rearguard. The cool thing about Dragon egg is how recyclable it is. Tachikaze gain power by retiring each other. Once sent from rearguard to drop zone, you can counter blast 1 to return it to your hand and use it for other cost or a 10k shield.

Grade 1:

Posted Image

Raging Dragon, Sparksaurus

Auto【V/R】: [Choose 1 from your Hand and Discard it] When this Unit is moved from the Rearguard Circle to the Drop Zone, you may pay the cost. If paid, choose up to 1 "Raging Dragon, Sparksaurus" from your Deck, call it to a Rearguard Circle, and shuffle that Deck.

Sparksaurus is one of those cards that make you say Weretheyhighwhentheymadethis? Not because the card is just that good. But the skill works in the VG when it clearly says When this unit is moved from the rearguard. Errata please. The card is so-so. When it is retired it recycles itself.

Posted Image

Savage Warrior

Auto 【V/R】: During your turn, when one of your 《Tachikaze》 rearguards is retired, this unit gets +1000 power for each 《Tachikaze》 rearguard retired until the end of your turn.

Savage warrior gains 1000 power when you retire a rearguard. Which is easily able to do with all the recyclable cards.

Posted Image

Skyptero has the same effect has Dragon egg. When if is sent to the drop zone from the rearguard you can counter blast one to recycle it.

Grade 2:

Posted Image

Card is da bess. When you ride or call it you have to retire a rearguard. When it gets boosted by a tachikaze while in the VG circle, it gains another 2000 power. So boosted by a 8k it reaches 21 which is outstanding for a grade 2.

Posted Image

Savage Destroyer

Auto【V/R】: During your turn, if another of your «Tachikaze» Rearguards were sent to the Drop Zone, for that turn, this Unit gains +1000 Power.

Second verse same as the first.

Posted Image

Vacuum Mammoth

Auto【V】: Whenever you call a «Tachikaze» to a Rearguard Circle, you may Soulcharge(1).

Great card if you are focusing savage king. The only draw back is that it only works in the vanguard and I would rather have cannon gear.

Grade 3:

Posted Image

Oh? Did I forget to mention Tachikaze have a superior ride? Not the best card ever but a free ride is a free ride. I say it's free ride because if you do it like you are suppose to be doing it. The 2 units you retire can be recycled.

Posted Image

Raging Dragon, Blastsaurus

Auto: [Choose 1 from your Hand and Discard it] When this Unit is sent from the Rearguard Circle to the Drop Zone, you may pay the cost. If paid, search for up to 1「Raging Dragon, Blastsaurus」 , call it to a Rearguard Circle, and Shuffle that Deck.

Blastsaurus is similar to the other 2 cards that can be recycled except it's worse. A grade 3 with 9000 power is bad especially in this deck all about power units.

Posted Image

Now were talking. Deathrex looks at limit breaks and laughes. They have to wait until they have 4 damage to gain 5000 power. He can have it whenever he wants because he is just that good. Really, if you are going to play Tachikaze, this is why you play it. With an 8k power boost he turns into a 23 attack beater. Deathrex is the reason why they do not have a 10k boost.

Posted Image

Savage King

ACT [V/R]: [Soulblast (1), Retire 1 of your «Tachikaze» Rear-guard] During this turn, this unit gets Power +3000.

Savage King is powerful, Savage King is strong. Soul blast 1 and retiring 1 rearguard puts him too a whooping 12k. Do it again and he goes to 15k. And so on and so on all this before boosting.

Posted Image

Ravenous Dragon, Gigarex

Auto【V/R】: During your turn, whenever another of your «Tachikaze» Rearguards were sent to the Drop Zone, for that turn, this Unit gains +1000 Power.

This card and savage king make a deadly combo. Because each time savage king uses his skill he gains power and gigarex gains power. You can easily have a 12k beater and a 15k beater on the field by using savage king twice.

Finance

Tachikaze are one of the cheapest decks in game probably being the third cheapest. The first cheapest being Murakumo and the second cheapest being Neo Nectar. You can build this deck for around 80 bucks or so if you look for cards in the right places.

mike_l

mike_l

Tomb Keeper

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts
Nice thread but you have to clarify something about Cannon Fire Dragon, Cannon Gear. He only gets the 2K Boost when he's a vanguard. Otherwise, he would have been totally broken.

GotCaughtGG

GotCaughtGG

• Duelist
  • 4409 posts
Fixed it. Thanks for pointing that out.

Bears!

Bears!

HNNNNGG

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 910 posts
I actually really like Tachikaze. I'm extremely excited for them to receive more support.

GotCaughtGG

GotCaughtGG

• Duelist
  • 4409 posts
What do you see in them? Aside from them being retardedly strong in terms of raw power, they have nothing going for them. All of their G1s suck as well.

Sand

Sand

Underworld Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1267 posts

What do you see in them? Aside from them being retardedly strong in terms of raw power, they have nothing going for them. All of their G1s suck as well.

That's all not true. Tachikaze has the easiest and most consistent Grade 3 superior ride in the game. Deathrex essentially has a Limit Break standard +5000 power bonus right away, making it much harder to guard than other VGs. Dragon Egg's, the similar Grade 1's, and Blightops's effects helps you to rearrange your columns without losing card advantage.

How do you not see this man? :/

GotCaughtGG

GotCaughtGG

• Duelist
  • 4409 posts
I mentioned everything you just said and more in the OP. The superior ride is bad though. 10k vanilla superior ride. I'd stick with my grade 2. Cannon gear is far stronger. And that doesn't excuse the fact the grade 1 line up is utter garbage.

Sand

Sand

Underworld Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1267 posts

I mentioned everything you just said and more in the OP. The superior ride is bad though. 10k vanilla superior ride. I'd stick with my grade 2. Cannon gear is far stronger. And that doesn't excuse the fact the grade 1 line up is utter garbage.

No, you didn't. Maybe you don't understand what exactly I'm talking about; if so, lmk.

The only thing you mentioned that I did was Deathrex's +5000 power effect. Saying that you can "recycle" your units is not simply the same thing as rearranging your columns. Mentioning the superior isn't the same thing as saying Tachikaze has the most consistent Grade 3 superior ride in the game.

Also, why are you comparing the Grade 3 superior ride to a good Grade 2? I'm confused at what point you're trying to make.

And, regarding the Grade 1 sucking thing, I guess I'd need some examples of what's good and bad to you to see what you're talking about exactly here.

GotCaughtGG

GotCaughtGG

• Duelist
  • 4409 posts

No, you didn't. Maybe you don't understand what exactly I'm talking about; if so, lmk.

The only thing you mentioned that I did was Deathrex's +5000 power effect. Saying that you can "recycle" your units is not simply the same thing as rearranging your columns. Mentioning the superior isn't the same thing as saying Tachikaze has the most consistent Grade 3 superior ride in the game.

Also, why are you comparing the Grade 3 superior ride to a good Grade 2? I'm confused at what point you're trying to make.

And, regarding the Grade 1 sucking thing, I guess I'd need some examples of what's good and bad to you to see what you're talking about exactly here.

I'd rather have my cannon gear with 21k than a 10k vanilla. Regardless of twin drive I force out more guards with 21 at G2. Some situations may call for the superior ride but I'll stick with cannon gear.

Rearranging your columns is unnecessary more often than not.

The grade 1s just suck. It's that simple. Low power, terrible skills. They have no good grade 1 vanguard.

Sand

Sand

Underworld Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1267 posts

I'd rather have my cannon gear with 21k than a 10k vanilla. Regardless of twin drive I force out more guards with 21 at G2. Some situations may call for the superior ride but I'll stick with cannon gear.

Rearranging your columns is unnecessary more often than not.

The grade 1s just suck. It's that simple. Low power, terrible skills. They have no good grade 1 vanguard.

...There's so much wrong with what you said that I am just dumbfounded. My initial reaction was to try and explain it in such a way that you'd understand, but my gut says it'd be a waste of time. I give up, gg.

GotCaughtGG

GotCaughtGG

• Duelist
  • 4409 posts
Go for it. Explain.

You have to run a bunch of bad cards to "rearrange your columns" not worth it.

byakk

byakk

ducks

• Duelist
  • 2275 posts
oh hey this is still a thread

anyways I think that Dark Rex is capable of performing the best razzle dazzle in vanguard. idk how I'd build the deck tho. has anyone else tested it with success?

Axle

Axle

oh

• Loyalist
  • 4322 posts
Dark Rex trolls so hard when they're on 5 damage, yeah.

The avatar Siulzen is using pretty much sums it up.

Siulzen

Siulzen

Sorcerer

• -The Nobodies-
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1392 posts
I've had people "no guard" me when they were at 4 damage if the probability of a Tiger being checked was low.

With the addition of the second Crit on CFC, NOT ANYMORE!

byakk

byakk

ducks

• Duelist
  • 2275 posts
What's your build? o:

Siulzen

Siulzen

Sorcerer

• -The Nobodies-
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1392 posts
This was when CFC only had the Raptor chain:

1 Military Dragon, Raptor Soldier
4 Black Cannon Tiger
4 Cannon Fire Dragon, Sledgeanklyo (why isn't this out in English yet)
4 Pack Dragon, Tinyrex
4 Savage Shaman

4 Military Dragon, Raptor Sergeant
4 Winged Dragon, Skyptero
4 Archbird
3 Sonic Noa (swapped these for Raging Dragon, Sparksaurus to try em' out)

4 Military Dragon, Raptor Captain
4 Ravenous Dragon, Megarex
3 Cannon Fire Dragon, Cannon Gear

4 Military Dragon, Raptor Colonel
2 Tyrant, Deathrex
2 Destruction Dragon, Dark Rex

byakk

byakk

ducks

• Duelist
  • 2275 posts
I'm actually really liking the Brachio guys so far

the only risk is riding the g3 one but with the ride chain you have more of a chance of getting Colonel anyway

Siulzen

Siulzen

Sorcerer

• -The Nobodies-
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1392 posts
The only thing that turns me off from them is that they're quite weak and that they cycle instead of just calling another copy of themselves like the Raging Dragons do, but I can see the benefits that comes from cycling through them.

For one, they thin your deck of non-Trigger units every time they're retired, and you can also set-up some interesting attack patterns with them with say Deathrex sacking off Brachioporter to call a Brachiocarrier behind a Sonic Noa.

Though I'd imagine it's awkward setting up the field accordingly so they can work and, save for Brachiocastle, they have trouble against 11k vanguards. I don't even want to think of how bad they have it against cross-rides.

How many of each are you playing?

byakk

byakk

ducks

• Duelist
  • 2275 posts
4 of the g1, and 3 of the g2 and g3

I'm still testing it tho s:

Siulzen

Siulzen

Sorcerer

• -The Nobodies-
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1392 posts
I may have underestimated these guys after all.

I'm currently trying out a 3-3-2 line of them and I haven't been disappointed quite yet.

Really sucks when you have to ride the Grade 3 though.

byakk

byakk

ducks

• Duelist
  • 2275 posts
yeah

like the g1 + g3 lets you hit 9k rear guards and allows like five attacks if you can resolve Colonel and Dark Rex in the same turn

byakk

byakk

ducks

• Duelist
  • 2275 posts
1 Military Dragon, Raptor Soldier
4 Black Cannon Tiger
4 Dragon Bird, Fire Pteryx
4 Cannon Fire Dragon, Sledgankylo
4 Savage Shaman

4 Military Dragon, Raptor Sergeant