Welcome to DuelistGroundz
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Things That Piss You Off about Yu-Gi-Oh / Yu-Gi-Oh players

• Please log in to reply
1100 replies to this topic

Nate the Awesome

Nate the Awesome

Fuck you Mario. That bitch is mine.

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2339 posts
Although this is really small and unimportant, it still amazes me that people do this:

People that still pronounce Xyz (ik-seez or "exceed") as X-Y-Z.

The other day I'm trading with this guy and he asks me what I'm looking for, I generally say that I'm looking for Xyz monsters (because the specific stuff I REALLY want, people either don't have and/or value them too high). He asks me what is an Xyz. I show him an example from my book and he goes, "OH! X-Y-Z monsters!". In my head I just face-palm, I do this even more when I see people play or while I'm playing someone when they say "X-Y-Z summon".

It's been a couple of months now, I figure people would know how to pronounce Xyz by now.

Giannis Antetokounmpo

Giannis Antetokounmpo

Blockrates

• 舞etired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17487 posts
^who cares...

Urthor

Urthor

yum delicious YGO wars

• +Necro Moderoid
  • 11097 posts
Shows how many people have watched Zexal.

Nate the Awesome

Nate the Awesome

Fuck you Mario. That bitch is mine.

• Duelist
  • 2339 posts

Shows how many people have watched Zexal.

Or took a quick look at the current rule book found in the newest structures/starers.

CalvinTahan

CalvinTahan

I've been looking for tears in the screen door

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts
The "but I still won" mentallity. My friends and I put a lot of thought into this and get absolutely furious over it every time.

Exiled

Exiled

The Forbidden One

• 舞etired Staff
  • 34335 posts

Although this is really small and unimportant, it still amazes me that people do this:

People that still pronounce Xyz (ik-seez or "exceed") as X-Y-Z.

The other day I'm trading with this guy and he asks me what I'm looking for, I generally say that I'm looking for Xyz monsters (because the specific stuff I REALLY want, people either don't have and/or value them too high). He asks me what is an Xyz. I show him an example from my book and he goes, "OH! X-Y-Z monsters!". In my head I just face-palm, I do this even more when I see people play or while I'm playing someone when they say "X-Y-Z summon".

It's been a couple of months now, I figure people would know how to pronounce Xyz by now.

Ex-Why-Zee

Vice Captain Sanada

Vice Captain Sanada

i like when naruto uses rasengan

• Loyalist
  • 2606 posts
when people pronounce hieratic like "heretic". ughh it's "higher attic"
mispronunciation of card names in general are a pet peeve of mine

Keyboard Warrior Cromat

Keyboard Warrior Cromat

絶望王-Des Topia

• Duelist
  • 4617 posts
most yugioh judges.

they're petty people who don't have much skills and can't play for shit. then they get in a position of power by being a judge and misuses that power. also they're huge brown nosers.

<--coming from a yugioh judge right here.

mainestroke

mainestroke

Knight of the Abyss

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts
Watching your opp. shuffle in a way that all the cards in the deck clash instead of sliding in, while they continue to force the cards in as they shuffle. Their sleeves also sound as if they'll rip apart b/c of that shuffling.

Then you have to let them do the same thing with your deck... =-|

mainestroke

mainestroke

Knight of the Abyss

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts
I just realized I got negged from making that idiotic post in this forum. :(

I apologize for that mindless contribution. the pos/neg system is a great method for telling me whether I'm being productive for this site, and the fact that I got negged hard for that tells me I've annoyed and wasted others' space/time. This definitely teaches me to think before adding anything in here, instead of writing nonsense and irrelevant points. I'll be more cautious and more considerate on future comments.

Next time should be ok :)
Thanks.

Barnesy

Barnesy

Plain Old Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
People who shuffle/cut your deck with dirty or really sweaty hands.

People who, when declaring an attack on your monster, tap it really hard with their finger. I've actually had a couple of cards damaged because of this.

beetle

beetle

Heavenly Almighty Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6656 posts

hit and run players annoy me so much

I only hit and run when players insult me or act like douches

But seriously people, play full matches or don't play at all

I only did this once because I needed revenge. During our game he 1st turn pot grace duo sinister 2 mof'd me so I'm already even more pissed off. I come back and win that game, scoop my shit up and walked away.

Anyone remember LS format when you'd just sit down and play someone only for them to go double charge, solar recharge, etc and end the 1st turn with 2 lumina garoth, beckoning set and 6 cards in hand? Who wants to play a full match against that shit?

Actually you know what pisses me off? People that want to play for "fun", but play the gayest decks of each format like:

scientist otk
ben kai
dark world
ddt
LS
empty jar
explosion
exodia
burn
etc.

Fuck anyone who's ever done that.

mainestroke

mainestroke

Knight of the Abyss

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts
Hey, at least DDT required one to actually know what they;re doing! :) (know percentages/contents remaining, etc). You give that deck to someone with "mad skills" using '10 LS, and they'll play every card that's "immediately" playable :D .

On a similar note, one thing that annoys me is when you'd run something like zombies back in LS format, and your opp. would charge, double recharge, lumina, necro, garoth, celestia-in-hand and beat you (obv.). Then Game 2, you side about 9-12 cards for that matchup, but still get "outplayed" and lose within minutes. You'd shake the guy's hand, but he's already trash-talking about how "pro" he is for 2-0ing you in less than 10min.

Fun times. :rolleyes:

tolarian academy

tolarian academy

stfu mom we trappin

• +Necro Moderoid
  • 10789 posts

$200 for a fucking mat isn't worth it unless it gives you blowjobs and makes you cheesecake while you're playing.

I think a few spellground mats do this so smd

mainestroke

mainestroke

Knight of the Abyss

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts

$200 for a fucking mat isn't worth it unless it gives you blowjobs and makes you cheesecake while you're playing.

I think a few spellground mats do this so smd

you know he's probably not a spellground, right?

Library of Alexandria

Library of Alexandria

Underworld Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1964 posts
http://www.ebay.com/...=item231e213c79

Andrew81090

Andrew81090

Maine Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

People just can't win without them.

pie lies fly

pie lies fly

choco sauce chipmunk warrior of doom

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1036 posts

The other day I'm trading with this guy and he asks me what I'm looking for, I generally say that I'm looking for Xyz monsters.

Posted Image

im'a beetle!!

im'a beetle!!

Borobudur - Is that flavor text bro?

• Duelist
  • 4964 posts

when people pronounce hieratic like "heretic". ughh it's "higher attic"
mispronunciation of card names in general are a pet peeve of mine

This too but I like to type it as "High"-"Ratic" like "High"-"Row"-"Glyph". The problem is that EVERYONE says this so I cannot let it get to me.

OnThePsychoPath~

OnThePsychoPath~

• Duelist
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
When people don't read the cards you're playing and then "w8! wat r u doin? y u do dat?"

Mutavault

Mutavault

Zach Burnz

• Duelist
  • 5047 posts
i summon a bunch of monsters in one turn no responses with him having 1 backrow i swing still nothing cool he's almost dead down to topdecking. He draws and sets a new one i swing with a few of them enough to be game but he prisons one which is fine and then main phase 2 i tribute a monster for caius and target itself for game and he chains torrent wtf is this.

Urthor

Urthor

yum delicious YGO wars

• +Necro Moderoid
  • 11097 posts

i summon a bunch of monsters in one turn no responses with him having 1 backrow i swing still nothing cool he's almost dead down to topdecking. He draws and sets a new one i swing with a few of them enough to be game but he prisons one which is fine and then main phase 2 i tribute a monster for caius and target itself for game and he chains torrent wtf is this.

He topped the prison right? Otherwise you shouldn't be whining.

7hhzz7

7hhzz7

Be Your Sound

• 舞etired Staff
  • 15664 posts
sounds like you got outplayed.

Eston

Eston

Knight of the Abyss

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts
People who bitch about how to pronounce cards, be they wrong or right. Machina, Hieratic, Xyz summons. Seriously it doesn't matter.

dolphin

dolphin

terry francona

• 舞etired Staff
  • 8820 posts
yugioh players who yell out mwahahaha i'm gonna send you to the shadow realm after you lose

this was when the game first started

Chris Buraseru

Chris Buraseru

Abyss Dragon

• Moderoid
  • 5026 posts
In the third grade when someone beat the shit of my fresh ass holo Dark Magician with a shitty common Summoned Skull.

Mutavault

Mutavault

Zach Burnz

• Duelist
  • 5047 posts

He topped the prison right? Otherwise you shouldn't be whining.

I don't care that he topped a very irrelevant card. I think what made me qqaren was that he didn't torrent the first 2 summons then i reborn a monster and he doesn't torrent that one i swing its all good. Next turn sets the prison its ok, i summon caius for game and he torrents now. When he woulda had no other way to get rid of my field and leave his dead if i woulda just swung a few more times but i gave him the benefit of the doubt and i suppose thats too much.

Canadian

Canadian

Knight of the Abyss

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
People who think foiling out their entire decks make them better players.

scarsneverh3al

scarsneverh3al

Knight of the Abyss

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts
People who bitch when someone has a card they play 3 of...

Light

Light

Guardian

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts
Im sure this has been said before but people who take out their iphone/phone and check ebay for prices. Its getting annoying to the point where i say fuck this shit. Who gives a fuck if its a 50 cent difference. >.>

(null)

puresaltwater

puresaltwater

Tomb Keeper

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts
People that throw around the word "auto-pilot"

Not every deck that is tier 1 is automatically autopilot. Sometimes, they are, but when you call TeleDAD autopilot, there is a problem

Giannis Antetokounmpo

Giannis Antetokounmpo

Blockrates

• 舞etired Staff
  • 17487 posts
on DN

Me: *summon Tour Guide of the Underworld*
Me: eff?
Opponent: *Effect Veiler*
Opponent: no

Asura The Fearful One

Asura The Fearful One

bitches be tribbin

• Duelist
  • 2991 posts

DN

sandwiches

sandwiches

Tomb Keeper

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts
When people still think that trigger effects "use priority." My Photon Sabre Tiger doesn't care if you torrential tribute him, he's still getting a buddy out of the deck.

Taven

Taven

Are you a threat?

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts
DN

Opponent wins RPS

opp: gl hf :)
me: same

Opponent is playing Exodia and proceeds to spend the next 10 minutes activating Draw Spells.

Whinesilencer

Whinesilencer

:)

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts

People must really be pleasantly surprised and confused when they put this up on eBay and don't know about Yugioh

Hounds of Anubis

Hounds of Anubis

Padawan

• Duelist
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Players with poorly made decks complaining that they only lost because they didn't draw a good hand.

Players that bitch when they don't pull holos or the holo they're looking for.

60 card decks that open like 5 limited cards and proceed to just smash with nutty draws.

Something always seems to make a format bad, I never hear anyone say a format was really good and they only mention the negatives of a format.

Cocky players that always scrub, but still think they're the dog's bollocks.

Matticus

Matticus

Ground Duelist

• Duelist
  • 2586 posts
People who throw their binder on the table and ask you to look through for trades when you're in the middle of a game.

StillPojo

StillPojo

Mr. Roboto

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

People must really be pleasantly surprised and confused when they put this up on eBay and don't know about Yugioh

$162.32? Seriously? That looks like something I could get at Staples for maybe $20.

BigDongStudios

BigDongStudios

BiggerDongSmallerStudios

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1769 posts
Was there a limited production run of those calculator cases? I don't understand how something like that is uncommon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users