Welcome to DuelistGroundz
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

laggia vs fiendish chain vs forbidden lance

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Keyboard Warrior Cromat

Keyboard Warrior Cromat

絶望王-Des Topia

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4758 posts
so i attack my laggia into a gorz token. he lances my laggia. i negate. he fiendish chains

CL1: lance
CL2: laggia
CL3: fiendish chain.

does laggia's attack go through in this scenario? my reasoning is no because fiendish chain resolves first and stops laggia's attack and effects. then laggia resolves and gets negated. then lance resolves and laggia is unaffected by spells and traps. but fiendish already stopped laggia's attack at chain link 3 so even though it is no longer bound by chain, the attack is still stopped.

Morleh

Morleh

Kyaaah!~

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2180 posts
The attack doesn't happen in the middle of the chain. Keep in mind that you're probably responding in the Battle Step or attack declaration. So we'll resolve the chain.

Chain Link 3: Fiendish Chain negates Laggia's effect.
Chain Link 2: Laggia activates, but is negated by Fiendish Chain.
Chain Link 1: Forbidden Lance resolves and causes Laggia to be unaffected by Spell/Trap effects.

As Laggia is not affected by Fiendish Chain due to Forbidden Lance, the attack continues.

I think you're think of Fiendish Chain as a card that negates attacks. Fiendish Chain does not necessarily do that; it stops the target Effect Monster from attacking.

Besides, why wouldn't the person just use Forbidden Lance during the Damage Step?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users