Welcome to DuelistGroundz
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Atlantean and Mermail Awareness Thread

wombo combos this new fangled water shit

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

byakk

byakk

what are you looking at

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2209 posts

Posted Image

3 Atlantean Armsman
3 Atlantean Marksman
3 Atlantean Seahorseman
3 Mermail Abyssgunde
3 Mermail Megaloabyss
3 Mermail Abysspike
3 Deep Sea Diva
3 Effect Veiler
3 Cardcar D
1 Atlantean Pointman

3 Pot of Duality
1 Monster Reborn
1 Dark Hole
1 Heavy Storm
1 Mind Control
1 Book of Moon
1 Pot of Avarice
1 Depthscale - Kraken

1 Depthsquall
1 Depthsphere

Atlanteans and Mermails are two new archetypes spawning from the newest structure deck and the newest booster set respectively. The former revolves on being used for water monster effects and giving you advantage, while the latter provides the effects needed for them to create a consistent OTK deck with a lot of versatility, destruction, and power, along with the assistance of Deep Sea Diva to open up even more combos. The deck can also OTK through Gorz some of the time, and with the destruction effects of the Atlanteans, this is a deck to look out for.

Posted Image

Atlantean Armsman

While this card is face-up on the field, once per turn during your Main Phase, you can Normal Summon a Level 4 or lower Sea Serpent-Type monster in addition to your Normal Summon or Set. (You can only gain this effect once per turn.) When this card is sent to the Graveyard for the activation of a WATER monster's effect: Target 1 face-up card your opponent controls; destroy that target.

This was the first card revealed in the Atlantean structure deck. When it's discarded by one of the Mermails, which will be discussed later in this thread, it gets rid of faceup threats. When combined with the right monsters, this card can change the field completely to your favor, if you're standing down a few beaters on their side of the field.

Along with its destruction effect, it also has a Komachi-esque effect, allowing you to create more field presence. The best qualities of this card revolve around Deep Sea Diva. For one, Deep Sea Diva allows you to bring this out whenever you have her, and Deep Sea Diva can also be brought out with this card's effect, giving you another Sea-Serpent. The interactions with this card and Diva allow you to make several different Xyzs and Synchros, ranging from Atlantean enablers such as Brionac and Gungnir, OTK components such as Armory Arm and Daigusto Phoenix, as well as defensive monsters such as Gachi Gachi Gantetsu.

Posted Image

Atlantean Seahorseman
While this card is face-up on the field, Level 3 or lower Sea Serpent-Type monsters you control can attack your opponent directly. When this card is sent to the Graveyard for the activation of a WATER monster's effect: Add 1 Sea Serpent-Type monster from your Deck to your hand, except "Atlantean Dragon Rider".

While this card may not be as versatile as Armsman, this card is just as necessary. When sent to the graveyard for a water monster's effect, it can add any Sea-Serpent monster to your hand. Right off of the bat Diva seems to always be the ideal target for this card, which it is in most cases, but this card also has the ability to search for Mermail - Megaloabyss which is the OTK enabler of this deck. With the ability to search two of the most important cards of the deck, this card is extremely essential.

Posted Image

Atlantean Marksman
When this card inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent: You can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower Sea Serpent-Type "Atlantean" monster, except "Atlantean Marksman", from your Deck. When this card is sent to the Graveyard for the activation of a WATER monster's effect: Target 1 Set card your opponent controls; destroy that target.

This is the alternative destruction card in the Atlantean arsenal. It works like Armsman, except it only hits facedown cards, meaning this card is ideal to use when preparing your OTK. However, being able to hit set cards is certainly not it's best point.

When Marksman is able to inflict battle damage, it can grab any other Atlantean from the deck, as long as it is level 4 or lower. That means that, with additional accessibility with Diva, this card has the potential to deal more than 1400 in one turn. And the next card especially helps with that.

Posted Image

Atlantean Pointman
If you control another face-up Fish, Sea Serpent, or Aqua-Type monster, this card gains 800 ATK.

This card doesn't seem too special, buthttp://duelistgroundz.com/index.php?app=forums&module=post&section=post&do=new_post&f=267 it was made to combo with Marksman. If Marksman gets a direct poke in, it can bring out this card to put 3600 total damage on the board, since this thing goes up to 2200 in the presence of Marksman. These two can take out almost half of your opponent's life, and when combined with the other monsters of the deck, that's all they need to put in. The other monsters, of course, are the Mermails.

Posted Image

Mermail - Megaloabyss
During your Main Phase: You can discard 2 WATER monsters, except this card; Special Summon this card from your hand. When this card is Special Summoned by this effect: Add 1 "Depth" Spell or Trap Card from your Deck to your hand. You can Tribute 1 other face-up Attack Position WATER monster you control; this turn, this card can attack twice during the Battle Phase.

This is the boss monster of the entire deck. Discarding two water monsters to special summon it is an effect, meaning it triggers any of the Atlanteans you have. This is where things start to get silly. Upon summoning this, you should most of the time get two cards back, either through searching or destroying, and in addition you also can add a Depth spell/trap card to your hand, which is even more of a plus and helps you OTK through Gorz. Over half of the time you summon this you should be able to get a Diva to your hand, which when summoned lets you put 3600 damage on the board through getting Marksman or some other combo relating to Armsman and additional Divas.

But that's not all this boss monster can do! At the cost of tributing any water monster, it gains the ability to attack twice for the turn. Have a dead Diva on the field? You can turn it into 2400 damage! Have a dead Atlantean on the field? Even better! 2400 damage and you also regain the advantage you invested, usually clearing up the field even more for an easier game shot. The 4800 damage that this card can output combined with the 3600 damage from Marksman is more than enough to game your opponent. This card is busted in several ways and will be on the field most of the time when you OTK your opponent.

Posted Image

Mermail - Abyssgunde
If this card is sent from your hand to the Graveyard: You can Special Summon 1 "Mermail" monster from your Graveyard, except "Mermail - Abyssgunde". The effect of "Mermail - Abyssgunde" can only be activated once per turn.

This card is another card that can be used up for Megaloabyss, but isn't as useful. It can create some cool combos with bringing back a second Megaloabyss for a Rank 7 Xyz, but that won't happen all the time since you're usually only going to see/need one Megaloabyss during the game. Still, it is a good card that works with Mermail - Abysspike.

Posted Image

Mermail - Abysspike
When this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can discard 1 WATER monster to the Graveyard; add 1 Level 3 WATER monster from your Deck to your hand. The effect of "Mermail - Abysspike" can only be activated once per turn.

This card serves as the Stratos for this deck, in a way. It's an additional card that lets you activate Atlantean effects and also helps you get combo pieces that you can use for Megaloabyss. It can search Abyssgunde or Marksman, and the proper choice obviously stems from the gamestate, but either way, this card can help you properly adjust to what you currently need to fight against.

Remember when I said that Megaloabyss can search cards?

...Oh, and remember when I said that this deck can OTK through Gorz?

Posted Image

Depthscale - Kraken
Equip only to a "Mermail" monster. It gains 400 ATK. When your opponent activates a monster effect on their side of the field: You can negate that effect, and if you do, send this card to the Graveyard.

Now the ideal purpose of this card is to negate Gorz's effect when it hits the field, similar to how Strike Bounzer works. This card has some downsides in other fields, though. For one, it's mandatory. So your opponent can bait out the negation if they wanted to. Second, it doesn't destroy the monster it negates, so if they drop Gorz, you can stop the token but Gorz still sits there with his 2500 ass, which demands something stronger if you want to OTK.

The ideal OTK is to summon Megaloabyss, add Kraken, and through some method obtain two copies of Deep Sea Diva, which of course can be done through Seahorseman. One Diva gets out Armsman, which gets out the second Diva, which then gets out Marksman. You then tribute a Diva to enable Megalo's double attack, Synchro Summon Armory Arm and equip it to Megalo, and begin attacking. You attack with Marksman first and get out Pointman for 3600 damage, then swing with Megalo for 3800. If they do drop Gorz, you can just negate it and attack over it for 2700 damage through Armory Arm's effect. This is your goal.

However, things won't always be like that, but that doesn't mean you still can't OTK! This deck has a lot of routes to put a lot of damage on the board quickly, and this all stems from Mermail - Megaloabyss, a giant 2400-4800 demon that sets off the little guys in your deck and adds even more support to help you win the game.

Oh yeah, and there are also other targets for Megaloabyss.

Posted Image

Depthsquall
Target 3 "Mermail" monsters in your Graveyard; Special Summon those targets in face-up Defense Position. Their effects are negated, they cannot attack, and they are destroyed during the End Phase.

This card is really good after you run through your combos, because it allows for insane Xyz and Synchro potential, especially because you can bring back Megalos.

Posted Image

Depthsphere
Special Summon 1 "Mermail" monster from your Deck, but its effect(s) is negated. While this card is face-up on the field, you cannot activate Spell Cards. When this card leaves the field, destroy that monster. Destroy this card during your opponent's next End Phase after activation.

This card helps with quick Xyz and Synchro Summoning, and also allows Abyssgunde to be live more often.

This deck has a ton of potential, and I personally don't think my build is optimal, but the point of this thread is to explain that this deck can definitely be relevant, and I expect this deck to show dominance when it enters the OCG meta.

I probably missed some bits that I should explain but if that's the case, I can edit this post later.

I'll be testing with these cards on DN if anyone wants to watch (DN: byak), hopefully I can make the given list better. I personally am starting to not like Squall, Sphere, or Cardcars but they might prove to be necessary at some point.

Pharaoh Atem

Pharaoh Atem

The Ruler of Benevolence - Your Translator

• ~+-Superior of the In-Between-+~
  • 20458 posts
Before you all get excited, I advise you wait to see if the Atlanteans activate even if the effect that sent them has its activation negated.

Exiled

Exiled

The Forbidden One

• »Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34354 posts
I wonder if this is a deck discussion thread or a deck thread

Slowpoke

Slowpoke

BMS

• Duelist
  • 3648 posts
Abyss Soldier and Abyss Warrior.

Gear

Gear

Taunted

• Duelist
  • 3312 posts
Dragon Ice is a combostomper. I would add him.

Siulzen

Siulzen

Sorcerer

• -The Nobodies-
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1290 posts
The effect you posted of Kraken contradicts with what you've stated about the negation being mandatory.

Other than that, well written explanation of the deck.

byakk

byakk

what are you looking at

• Duelist
  • 2209 posts
Oh, well iirc the translation on DN says it's mandatory.

neptune

neptune

golden rubbers in these denim pockets

• »Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5819 posts
abysshilde is the fucking stonessssss

itzBrink

itzBrink

Underworld Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1014 posts
I've got a build of this that I threw together and it's been working wonders

Candela

Candela

from nadirs

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1071 posts

Is it an effect to special summon him?

Gear

Gear

Taunted

• Duelist
  • 3312 posts

Is it an effect to special summon him?

http://yugioh.wikia....ings:Dragon_Ice

It's a cost to activate.

Slowpoke

Slowpoke

BMS

• Duelist
  • 3648 posts
I like compulsory in here. If you have it set and they veiler your Diva, you can just compulse the Diva to get its effect off, special summon Armsman, and then summon Diva again lol. Compulse also allows you to make swings with Marksman and re-use Ice Spirit God for extra plusses.

yoyoba

yoyoba

negative space wave

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts
Personally, I think the only Mermails really worth using are Megaloabyss and Abyssspike. I think only one copy of Abyssgunde should be enough, and Depthsquall is not really viable with only 7 Mermails and I've never really liked Depthsphere. Problem is, you have to add at least 1 Kraken, that you have enough targets for Megaloabyss, but. like I already stated, I still like them more than the other 2. I also added 2 TT's, which are kinda necessary in this deck imo. They have synergy with the Cardcars obv and also kind of with the Diva so you can summon her, activate TT and punch through 3600 DMG. I don't know what I should add in the other 2 slots, though. I'll firstly test MST's, I guess.

Monolightning

Monolightning

Underworld Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1462 posts

I like compulsory in here. If you have it set and they veiler your Diva, you can just compulse the Diva to get its effect off, special summon Armsman, and then summon Diva again lol. Compulse also allows you to make swings with Marksman and re-use Ice Spirit God for extra plusses.

I agree which is why I was messing around with this, it was testing very nicely actually. I actually have found that I love Cardcar "D" in this deck.
Posted Image

ThE ChiPa MaN

ThE ChiPa MaN

cunt destroyer

• BANHAMMERED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1000 posts
WHY IS MORAY OF GREED NOT MENTIONED IN THIS................................... OH MY GOD

i think this deck is amazing due to its speed and how it pressures your opponent to expend their resources while you replenish and expand your own.

you have have have have to be running moulinglacia in this, absolutely fucking have to be. it's searchable and if you control your graveyard, you can virtually summon it any time you want

Karmaface

Karmaface

Absolute Zero

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts
Is Moray of Greed really all that great in this?

Draigun

Draigun

Taking The Risks That You Fear Most

• +Ancient Moderoid
  • 10289 posts
Moray has been pretty nice for when I end up w/ Moulinglace way too early and need to get a Mermail or Diva to get started.

Karmaface

Karmaface

Absolute Zero

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts
What are people's thoughts on Genex Undine/Controller? I'm seeing way more decks top on Shriek/OCG with it than without but it also clogs your monster count to like 24+ which I don't like really.

Dawgy

Dawgy

"Yours forever more."

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1446 posts
Abyssmegalo, Abysslinde (which you neglected to mention for some reason), and Abyssphere are the best Mermail cards in the deck by far imo. The Rank 7 Mermail Xyz monster is really nutty if you manage to bring him out, and so is Big Eye.

Simply setting Abyssphere puts your opponent in a really awkward position, as if they MST it, you come out one card ahead (Abysslinde -> Abyssmegalo), and can lead to being OTK'd. Armsman is really terrible by himself, and I'd only run one copy (for the Veiler scenario, if that). Marksman is nuts, and Dragoons is the best Atlantean discard effect available (doesn't require commitment from your opponent). Compuls is CRAZY GOOD in here, and I feel as if 2-3 is complete staple, both for it's defensive and offensive utility, and opening up of OTKs.

I'll elaborate more when I get off work.

Dawgy

Dawgy

"Yours forever more."

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1446 posts

Abyssmegalo, Abysslinde (which you neglected to mention for some reason), and Abyssphere are the best Mermail cards in the deck by far. The Rank 7 Mermail Xyz monster is really nutty if you manage to bring him out, and so is Big Eye.

Simply setting Abyssphere puts your opponent in a really awkward position, as if they MST it, you come out one card ahead (Abysslinde -> Abyssmegalo), and can lead to being OTK'd. Armsman is really terrible by himself, and I'd only run one copy (for the Veiler scenario, if that). Marksman is nuts, and Dragoons is the best Atlantean discard effect available (doesn't require commitment from your opponent). Compuls is CRAZY GOOD in here, and I feel as if 2-3 is complete staple, both for it's defensive and offensive utility, and Otk opening.

I'll elaborate more when I get off work.

To elaborate more, I think combo decks such as this need to really focus on their key player cards. Take Wind-Ups, for example. All of their monsters are either A) completely retarded when combined with another monster of the archetype, or B) good stand-alone cards. The good combo cards are Wind-Up Magician and Wind-Up Shark. The good stand-alone cards are Wind-Up Rabbit and Wind-Up Rat (a little less so, but it isn't like Rat requires a delicate set up to be of use).

Now, assuming we all know what Wind-Ups do, if we apply the same logic to Atlantean Mermails, I think you'll find a similar trend occuring.

Cards that fit into BOTH categories:

Deep Sea Diva - Her usefulness in this deck is self-explanatory. By herself, she's has toolbox capabilities similar to that of Tour Guide (obviously not to the same degree). She is essential in the Abyssmegalo OTK. Enough said.

Atlantean Marksman - Deep Sea Diva seems to get all the credit, but Atlantean Marksman is a true master. By himself, if he's dropped against a clear field, your opponent MUST have something out to stop him within their next turn, or that's game damage with the Dragoon army he builds (he doesn't even need to attack directly to proc this effect!). This is why I cannot stress triple Compulsory Evacuation Device enough in this deck, as this deck's plays become considerably stronger when your opponent can't keep a monster on board. His backrow destruction effect comes in handy when discarded through Abyssmegalo (Atem's query is very relevant in this scenario). Overall an amazing card.

Cards that fit into the A) category:

Mermail Abyssmegalo - I think the OTKs this guy is capable of producing are no secret. Ditching an Atlantean monster ends with a 1 for 1, and ditching two Atlantean monsters ends with a +1. Searching for Abyssphere is incredible, as you can follow-up with another Abyssmegalo => Gaioabyss / Big-Eye next turn.

Atlantean Dragoons - This card simply has the best secondary effect of the Atlantean monster trio, as searching a Sea-Serpent is non-conditional as to what your opponent has on the field. He aids in the execution of the Abyssmegalo OTK by searching DIva if you summon Abyssmegalo from hand. He has an 1800 atk body, which isn't bad I guess, but his attacking directly clause comes in handy when you leave him and Marksman on the board with protection.

Cards that fit into the B) category:

Mermail Abysslinde - A monster with an if; can effect that procs upon the destruction of the card (including through an MST on Abyssphere, since Abysslinde isn't affected by the negation) to summon a 2400 beatstick that ends games WOULD SEEM to be something that could be considered a good combo card, but EH... The ability to turn its destruction into a 2400 beatstick (particularly when summoned by Abyssphere) is definitely amazing by any deck's standards.

Cards that people seem to be underestimating (I think victor has this phrase trademarked):

Abyssphere - A chainable trap card that is searchable through Abyssmegalo that can be chained to MST to summon Abyssmegalo is definitely something that deserves a LOT more consideration. If you're dueling AGAINST this deck, and you know that any backrow you MST could potentially turn into a 2400 beatstick that ends games... You begin to realize how much of an awkward position you're put in if you can't answer that 2400 ATK monster.

Since it destroys itself during your opponent's next end phase (which is the turn it's activated if it was activated during your opponent's turn), you can activate it before their end phase (not sure if you can activate it during their end phase and still have it be destroyed) and summon Abysslinde, which will then be destroyed via Abyssphere's destruction, and can then summon Abyssmegalo/Abysspike from your deck for a play (or OTK) on your turn.

Cards that I feel are inconsistent and shouldn't really be played, at least not at more than 1:

Atlantean Armsman: Yes, he's good in the Veiler < Compuls Diva scenario, and he's good at answering on field threats through discarding, and he's good when you have diva in-hand... But that's about where that ends. By himself, he can't apply pressure similar to how Dragoons and Marksman can. He can't chump block for shit (1600 DEF is pretty bad for something with 0 ATK). He's a pretty dead draw if you have nothing to combo him with (Diva or discarding water monster). And his secondary effect requires your opponent to have field presence, meaning you'll be hesitant to discard him through Abyssmegalo or something when your opponent only has backrow face-down. I'm considering one because he is an out to face-up cards in very narrow scenarios, but he's definitely not that good.

Genex Undine: Genex Controller is a piece of shit. Genex Controller needs to be in your deck to get the most of Genex Undine, meaning you actually need to dedicate at least 5 main deck slots to this fucker (AND SKILLFULLY NOT DRAW CONTROLLER). Above all else, it's slow. It's one of those scenarios where just because you went +2 doesn't mean you're really in that much of a better position. Genex Undine has a shitty body. Genex Controller is PRETTY FUCKING BAD if Genex Undine dies, and EVEN IF IT DOESN'T DIE, BRIONAC IS BANNED LOLOLOL. So yeah, Genex Undine PROBABLY ISN'T WORTH IT.

Abyssquall: This card SEEMS like it should be good, but I'm afraid to run it, simply because of how much set up it actually requires. I don't feel like it lends towards any of your goals, and is really only useful late-game for an Abyssmegalo Rank 7 Xyz play. It probably depends on how you play the deck, but the way I play it, I feel like it would be a dead draw 9 times out of 10.

Spoiler

^My take on the deck, and http://duelistground...howtopic=147102 is the thread I posted it in. It's been testing very well so far. It hardly ever draws dead, and I attribute that to not running inconsistent cards that SEEM cute in theory, but REQUIRE TOO MUCH TO GO RIGHT.

*EDIT* I JUST REALIZED THE DATE OF THE ORIGINAL POST AND WOW I'm a little upset I didn't realize it while typing up this post. Also, updated the build in this post with the one two posts down.

bluestar899

bluestar899

Trombe!

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts
Its okay. This is pretty much the de facto Atlantean/Mermail discussion until their TCG release and you raise some very good points about the deck I hadn't thought of. Looking over your build I'm curious to know how dealing with 2-4 backrow fields has been without 1-2 MSTs in the main? I understand you want the low spell count due to Abysspehere but I can't help but groan when I see something like Summon Rush Rhino set 4 pass turn.

Dawgy

Dawgy

"Yours forever more."

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1446 posts

Its okay. This is pretty much the de facto Atlantean/Mermail discussion until their TCG release and you raise some very good points about the deck I hadn't thought of. Looking over your build I'm curious to know how dealing with 2-4 backrow fields has been without 1-2 MSTs in the main? I understand you want the low spell count due to Abysspehere but I can't help but groan when I see something like Summon Rush Rhino set 4 pass turn.

Abyssphere is actually not the reason I'm not running MST.

It's Atlantean Marksman.

Because of how Abyssmegalo works, I can summon Abyssmegalo through discarding Atlantean Marksman, do my searching, and should they respond with anything at all to the Abyssmegalo summon, I can simply pop the backrow that didn't respond to Abyssmegalo's summon. I can also clear backrow using it + Abysspike, and then search another Marksman.

Because of the high volume of Traps that act as monsters, often-times I can simply brute force my way through backrow and outs. Do you have the TT? If you throw it down on Abyssmegalo, I still get whatever Atlantean discard effects I've used, PLUS my Abyssphere search (which will allow me to simply try again next turn). Do you have the Solemn Warning? Well, I just got the Deep Sea Diva, and I might have CotH or Abyssphere face-down. Do you have Effect Veiler? What are you going to drop it on that will get you out of this shitty mess I'm about to throw at you? Diva? I have a 2400 ATK monster that requires more than just a measly Veiler. Abyssmegalo? I have Diva (You'll find that the amount of games you have a live Abyssmegalo and Deep Sea Diva in-hand are quite numerous).

Why clear backrow when I can simply spam into it, and if you have a response, I have a plethora of recovery options available? Like I could MST your TT that might not be a TT, or I can trigger your TT through forceful baiting (simply normal summoning Atlantean Marksman causes a LOT of people to flip Solemn Warning), and then activate CotH or something if need be. And if you don't have a response to my ham... well... you're kind of boned. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Spoiler

^That's my updated build.

As for your question about those high-backrow decks, I'd probably side in Trap Stuns, Snowmen (searchable via Abysspike lol), and BTH (Prohibition if Heroes). I feel like decks that run Skill Drain simply fall apart to faster decks. Your strongest plays rely on Skill Drain, and mine don't. Most players miss out on good cards (like TGU) simply because they feel it conflicts with Skill Drain. They also lose to monster removal like BTH, because if you can't keep a monster on the board, what's to stop your opponent from simply throwing chump monsters on the field and winning that way? Marksman kind of serves that purpose in this deck. Also, the ease at which I can summon a 2400 beater gives me the feeling I can not only out-pace Skill Drain decks, but the availability of said 2400 beater is actually not very easy for Skill Drain decks to deal with, outside of Barbaros, Malefic Monsters, and power cards (like Miracle Fusion).

*EDIT* Come to find out, I don't think it works the way I thought it did with Abyssmegalo + Marksman, and I think you have to target the backrow with Marksman before they are given the opportunity to chain Torrential Tribute and such. It still is pretty strong though, regardless of that, as it can still clear the way for follow-up plays.

ThE ChiPa MaN

ThE ChiPa MaN

cunt destroyer

• BANHAMMERED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1000 posts
so how do you get over macro cosmos and dimensional fissure

spirtual water art aoi?

Dawgy

Dawgy

"Yours forever more."

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1446 posts

so how do you get over macro cosmos and dimensional fissure

spirtual water art aoi?

Not very easily, but I was hoping Deep Sea Diva into Airorca could do that (in the side). I might side in MSTs if that ends up being super problematic, but we'll see.

I can see that working because I can see difi before I make a play, and Macro needs to be played before Abyssmegalo tries to activate, or it's too late.

But yes, this is something that worries me, and will probs cause me to side MST.

byakk

byakk

what are you looking at

• Duelist
  • 2209 posts
I'm actually really liking Dawgy's approach to the deck

Canadian

Canadian

Knight of the Abyss

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
You should be playing 1 Attack Squad.

Diva allows you to bring out a 2200 beater if it gets Maxx 'c'd stopping any advantage your opponent would generate and keeps decent field presence.

It also gives Marksman an option to make an Xyz play if it successfully attacks. Marksman + Attack Squad can Leviathan too. You can then pitch Marksman for Leviathan's effect which triggers Marksman's effect to kill a set card.

It also gives 400 more ATK over dragoons when creating game pushes.

Dawgy

Dawgy

"Yours forever more."

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1446 posts

You should be playing 1 Attack Squad.

Diva allows you to bring out a 2200 beater if it gets Maxx 'c'd stopping any advantage your opponent would generate and keeps decent field presence.

It also gives Marksman an option to make an Xyz play if it successfully attacks. Marksman + Attack Squad can Leviathan too. You can then pitch Marksman for Leviathan's effect which triggers Marksman's effect to kill a set card.

It also gives 400 more ATK over dragoons when creating game pushes.

I don't like Attack Squad.

I don't consider it field presence after a Maxx C on Diva, because simply attacking over a Diva (which is pretty easy for most monsters) makes whatever he has over Marksman irrelevant.

If I get Maxx C dropped on me when I'm AbyssmegalOTKing, I'm going for it anyways (unless I'm 100% sure they have the Gorz) if their field is clear.

Marksman Xyz play is nice, but unneeded. I'd rather keep Marksman + Dragoons + Protection on board so I can OTK next turn. I also did not realize Leviathan worked that way. I have other ways to do that though without needing Attack Squad.

400 ATK over Dragoons is irrelevant, because game pushes, generally done through AbyssmegalOTK, come out to exactly 8k damage with Diva. 8k vs. 8.4k? EHHH

Also he's shit by himself. I'm REALLY focusing on cards that are solid simply when drawn by their lonesome. It's easy to throw cute shit in here because it synergizes with some other cute shit, but in the end, you need to look for consistency in your card choices. I just don't see that in Attack Squad.

I'll pass. :)

As an aside, if you use CotH or Abyssphere, you can go:

Deep Sea Diva => Marksman => Dragoons => Dewloren => Bounce Abyssphere/CotH => Set Abyssphere/CotH => End. You can also bounce Diva if you have one up somehow (if you have a Dragoons from the previous turn; Diva => Diva).

*EDIT* WAIT DOES THIS MEAN BAHAMUT SHARK, WHEN I MAKE IT WITH DOUBLE DRAGOONS (happens a LOT), WORKS IN A SIMILAR MANNER TO LEVIATHAN? Holy hell.

bluestar899

bluestar899

Trombe!

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts
Yes. Bahamut Shark, Snowdust Giant and Evigishki Merrowgeist that detatch Dragoons for their effect will trigger him. Same with Leviathan Dragon and Aero Shark detatching Marksman. Makes for hilarious moments where Leviathan Dragon detaching Marksman which in turn can lead you to pop that face down Reaper you're reading before swinging for exactly game or something like it. Its because of this I wish they would give us a Water Rank 2 Xyz that has an ignition effect so we can go Diva + Heavy Arms into __, detach Heavy Arms and pop that face up boss monster and get in there. Also using Evigishki Merrowgeist to spin a Sangan back into the deck while getting a search off of Dragoons is such a dick move. Love it.

Here's hoping they release Bahamut Shark as an import in ABYR. Otherwise our Rank 4 options will be limited to Merrowgeist and Snowdust Giant.

Dawgy

Dawgy

"Yours forever more."

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1446 posts
I'm starting to debate the usefulness of hand-traps IN things that lose hard to DFissure.

This deck loses hard to DFissure. It sucks to have Hand-Traps for explosions, and then just straight up lose to DFissure, as that's one less card I could've drawn that'd have let me deal with it.

The other side of me is thinking if they use DFissure though, however, they can't really Heavy Storm me for the win if I actually DO have the hand trap. They have to MST or Trap Stun. It's a good thing Trap Stun isn't the most popular thing right now. HMMMM...

bluestar899

bluestar899

Trombe!

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts
Anyone else notice that Undine builds are starting to see a spike in play over in Japan? The build typically looks like this;

26 Monster
2x Armed Soldier of the Sea Emperor 「海皇の重装兵」
3x Sniper of the Sea Emperor 「海皇の狙撃兵」
1x Assault Soldier of the Sea Emperor 「海皇の突撃兵」
3x Genex Undine 「ジェネクス・ウンディーネ」
2x Mermail - Abysslinde 「水精鱗-アビスリンデ」
3x Dragon Rider of the Sea Emperor 「海皇の竜騎隊」
2x Mermail - Abysspike 「水精鱗-アビスパイク」
2x Mermail - Megalo-Abyss 「水精鱗-メガロアビス」
1x Ice Spirit God, Moulin Glace 「氷霊神ムーラングレイス」
2x Tragoedia 「トラゴエディア」
2x Genex Controller 「ジェネクス・コントローラー」
3x Deep Sea Diva 「深海のディーヴァ」

9 Magic
1x Heavy Storm 「大嵐」
2x Salvage 「サルベージ」
1x Monster Reborn 「死者蘇生」
1x Pot of Avarice 「貪欲な壺」
1x Dark Hole 「ブラック・ホール」
1x Allure of Darkness 「闇の誘惑」
2x Mystical Space Typhoon 「サイクロン」

8 Trap
2x Torrential Tribute 「激流葬」
2x Mirror Force 「聖なるバリア-ミラーフォース-」
3x Abyssphere 「アビスフィアー」
1x Ultimate Offering 「血の代償」

Side
3x Increasing G 「増殖するG」(Maxx "C")
2x Snowman Eater 「スノーマンイーター」
1x Effect Veiler 「エフェクト・ヴェーラー」
1x Mystical Space Typhoon 「サイクロン」
2x Compulsory Evacuation Device 「強制脱出装置」
1x Dimensional Prison 「次元幽閉」
2x Bottomless Trap Hole 「奈落の落とし穴」
3x Assaulting the Weak Point 「透破抜き」(Debunk)

Extra
1x Arms Aid 「アームズ・エイド」
1x Ally of Justice Catastor 「A・O・J カタストル」
1x Tech Genus Hyper Librarian 「TG ハイパー・ライブラリアン」
1x Dewloren, Tiger King of the Ice Boundary 「氷結界の虎王 ドゥローレン」
1x Gungnir, Dragon of the Ice Boundary 「氷結界の龍 グングニール」
2x Black Rose Dragon 「ブラック・ローズ・ドラゴン」
1x Scrap Dragon 「スクラップ・ドラゴン」
1x Mist Wurm 「ミスト・ウォーム」
1x Solid-Frozen Gantetsu 「ガチガチガンテツ」
1x Daigusta Phoenix 「ダイガスタ・フェニクス」
1x Mainspring Mine Zenmaine 「発条機雷ゼンマイン」
1x No. 17, Revise Dragon 「No.17 リバイス・ドラゴン」
1x Bahamut Shark 「バハムート・シャーク」
1x No. 11, Big Eye 「No.11 ビッグ・アイ」

Some card choices will differ from build to build but the trap lineup so far usually runs either Raigeki Break or Ultimate Offering. Both make use of the Genex Controller sitting dead in the hand as either ammo for Break or allowing you to Synchro/Xyz swarm.

Monolightning

Monolightning

Underworld Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1462 posts
Dawgy's build is pretty nuts, I love it. Compulse is too perfect in this deck. I just use it on diva and guide all day lol.

Does the rank 7 Mermail exceed's negation eff only apply to monsters in play?

Dawgy

Dawgy

"Yours forever more."

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1446 posts

Dawgy's build is pretty nuts, I love it. Compulse is too perfect in this deck. I just use it on diva and guide all day lol.

Does the rank 7 Mermail exceed's negation eff only apply to monsters in play?

I applies to face-down monsters that are flipped face-up through battle as well.

The way it works is that it triggers, and then continues to apply as long Gaioabyss remains face-up on the field. If a monster is put into play after it's activated, it will be negated too.

It's really REALLY hard to get rid of.

I also added a singleton copy of Heavy Infantry that I'm gonna try out, which means I threw in Armory Arm in the Extra deck as well, for the Double Diva TGHL Armory Arm play. Heavy Infantry is nice for what I'm using him for, but I'm still testing.

Sanjura

Sanjura

Sack(ed)jura

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5727 posts
I find that a teched Attack Squad or w/e that 2200 thing is is not bad to have, especially when you don't have Diva in your hand to capitalize off a direct Marksman hit.

Exiled

Exiled

The Forbidden One

• »Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34354 posts
this deck is nuts

I find myself teching abyss soldier and making good work of it

Monolightning

Monolightning

Underworld Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1462 posts
I teched 1 attack Squad too. I noticed between the Stardust plays and Leviathan plays its legit, but what convinced me on it is the fact that Diva into it runs down Raioh

Karmaface

Karmaface

Absolute Zero

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts
How would you guys approach the mirror match with this deck, just seems like a shit storm of who opens up nuttier.

SpiceyYanni1

SpiceyYanni1

Guardian

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts
I have been testing this deck heavily for Rhode Island. So for those of you testing it as well, does anyone remember their heart sinking when someone would crush shoot you? Well, we have Water Crush. Opening turn 1 Undine with this pretty much seals the deal.

Karmaface

Karmaface

Absolute Zero

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts
If you bring out an Abysspike/Abyssturge with Abyssphere, you can still pitch a Water monster as a cost right even though the effect is negated?

Mitch

Mitch

Make every second divine~

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1726 posts

I have been testing this deck heavily for Rhode Island. So for those of you testing it as well, does anyone remember their heart sinking when someone would crush shoot you? Well, we have Water Crush. Opening turn 1 Undine with this pretty much seals the deal.

water art seems neat but can be pretty dead at times too. I'm testing the tcg ver ATM with great results.

SpiceyYanni1

SpiceyYanni1

Guardian

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts

water art seems neat but can be pretty dead at times too. I'm testing the tcg ver ATM with great results.

What's your deck look like? I am testing for YCS: Rhode Island so I am not testing with the mermails yet. I already know my build once Mermail comes out

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users