Welcome to DuelistGroundz
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Photon

• Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

Wolfgang DelaSangre

Wolfgang DelaSangre

Brave Heart

• Duelist
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
So I mixed up the cards in the deck editor. Rearranged them in a way that I think would be excellent if they were being grouped together. Guess what started happening?

That's right, my hands stopped sucking.

Is it a tournament worthy deck? Was never intended to be. Is it a good deck? Yes, when DN isn't intent on giving me Doubles and Triples in my opening hands 18/20 of my duels when it should be 1/20 for doubles and less for triples.

This especially sucks for me because I'm pretty sure I'm slightly OCD and I like having things in order.

Anyway, updating first post.

Also, I've noticed a very distinct lack of card fixes. If you're gonna propose fixes, then be specific. Don't just say, "This build is bad." Tell me how you think it can be better. I'm pretty sure when you screwed up on a homework assignment the teacher or your parents would point it out instead of just shaking their heads and giving you a lower grade.

Urthor

Urthor

~~~

• +Necro Moderoid
  • 11502 posts

I still say the shuffling is bad. 90% of the time, I get hands of mostly Spells, and draw no monsters for several turns on end. In a deck with 21 monsters. Sorry, but that makes as much sense as a root canal on someone with no teeth.

http://en.wikipedia....cdotal_evidence

Is it a good deck. FUCK NO YOUR CARD CHOICES ARE SHITTY. Even for a not very serious deck, it's a badly built piece of crap photon deck, even if you restricted yourself to building pure photons. But goddam your dealer must be good for you to be able to ignore every single post in here serenely and not notice.

byakk

byakk

now a shiny

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2230 posts
holy shit

Urthor

Urthor

~~~

• +Necro Moderoid
  • 11502 posts
Oh you want a card fix do you?

-1 Photon Crusher

+1 Dark Hole

Wolfgang DelaSangre

Wolfgang DelaSangre

Brave Heart

• Duelist
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
I thought I had Dark Hole in there already?

Huh... guess not. Maybe drop Avarice instead? I've not really had a whole lot of use for it to be honest.

Also, thinking of readding Photon Lead, if only to get a bit more use out of my Tigers and Cerberus'... Cerber... Cerberi? I dunno.

Fuck Photon Veil, though. I can only get Level 4 or lower monsters? No thanks.

And sarcasm aside, Urthor's actually making progress. Anything else you could do for me? Also, have you had a look at the new build? You'll probably need to use the list instead of the picture, though...

Urthor

Urthor

~~~

• +Necro Moderoid
  • 11502 posts
lol maybe you could actually work on your own decklist instead of asking for others to do it for you. Book of moon, torrential tribute, effect veiler? Heard of those cards?

Wolfgang DelaSangre

Wolfgang DelaSangre

Brave Heart

• Duelist
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
I have. I'd just like to focus more on Galaxy-Eyes is all. I might can find room for them, but that leaves less room for what the deck was intended to do. At that point, I might as well just be running some form of LIGHT Beat, drop the Photon aspect entirely and throw in some Lightray and Lightsworn crap.

Changing to a different deck isn't exactly something I'm willing to do. I just want this thing to get out Galaxy-Eyes and possibly Neo a lot faster.

Will probably replace a Kaiser and a Crusher with a couple of Galaxy Knights when we get those. Definitely want to run Galaxy Expedition. Thoughts on those?

Chris Buraseru

Chris Buraseru

caught a body bout a week ago

• Moderoid
  • 5080 posts
So basically you're not going to run cards that do not counter the opponent because you want to have more room for more bad cards. Seriously, why not just make Photon Drain (which imo is a far superior build) and tech some GEPD instead of running a 1 time combo that can be easily interrupted? (Kaisers into GEPD is cool in the anime. Rarely works out irl because of the advantage you lose).

Sorry but building decks with a "Fuck Everything. I'm gonna go HAM and summon all my Boss Monsters with no interference." attitude doesn't work. This isn't the anime.

white-bordered swamp

white-bordered swamp

Like 8th edition or something?

• +Necro Moderoid
  • 11276 posts
Fuck DN, I haven't drawn a Dark Hole in 50 games! Oh wait, it wasn't in my deck.

D.E.N.N.I.S. frogman

D.E.N.N.I.S. frogman

D 4 DUELIST

• +Necro Moderoid
  • 11031 posts
this is the best thread in the yugioh sections in the past year

Pharaoh Atem

Pharaoh Atem

The Ruler of Benevolence - Your Translator

• ~+-Superior of the In-Between-+~
  • 20568 posts
DGZ has united itself against a villain of undeniable power

white-bordered swamp

white-bordered swamp

Like 8th edition or something?

• +Necro Moderoid
  • 11276 posts

Is it a tournament worthy deck? Was never intended to be. Is it a good deck? Yes

Please explain the difference between these two.

Draigun

Draigun

Taking The Risks That You Fear Most

• +Ancient Moderoid
  • 10297 posts
I don't even know where to begin.

Chris Buraseru

Chris Buraseru

• Moderoid
  • 5080 posts
Fun Fact: You can enter any deck in a tournament.

Fun Fact 2: You can enter shitty decks in tournaments.

Fun Fact 3: Your deck is not good.

Pharaoh Atem

Pharaoh Atem

The Ruler of Benevolence - Your Translator

• ~+-Superior of the In-Between-+~
  • 20568 posts
19 user(s) are reading this topic

10 members, 7 guests, 2 anonymous users

~+-Pharaoh Atem-+~, Vyse the Legend, Snarf498, Chris Buraseru, Twinwood36*, ~NeoArkadia~*, +Allenpennington, +benthegreat, kidrock, Shruikon, ⅄O��∀, byakk

Snarf498

Snarf498

<3 Dianna Agron

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1599 posts
this shit hurts my head

D.E.N.N.I.S. frogman

D.E.N.N.I.S. frogman

D 4 DUELIST

• +Necro Moderoid
  • 11031 posts

DGZ has united itself against a villain of undeniable power

the last time something this cool happened was the first time baburnz got banned

Bears!

Bears!

HNNNNGG

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 873 posts
This thread is on some quantum shit.

Wolfgang DelaSangre

Wolfgang DelaSangre

Brave Heart

• Duelist
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
Good to see you too, Chris.

What's Photon Drain, BTW?

Chris Buraseru

Chris Buraseru

• Moderoid
  • 5080 posts
Photons with Skill Drain. And stop this refuting probability shit for Christ's sake. You not clustering your cards together in the deck editor is not going to give you better draws.

Wolfgang DelaSangre

Wolfgang DelaSangre

Brave Heart

• Duelist
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Photons with Skill Drain. And stop this refuting probability shit for Christ's sake. You not clustering your cards together in the deck editor is not going to give you better draws.

Why in blazes would you run Skill Drain with Photons? The only two cards it actually benefits are Thrasher and Crusher. It severely limits GEPD's usefulness. Why would I want to take away its ability to survive anything while battling a monster? Last I checked, people still ran Mirror Force and D. Prison.

Also, it apparently HAS. The rate at which I draw doubles and triples of cards that were previously grouped together has been drastically reduced.

Chris Buraseru

Chris Buraseru

• Moderoid
  • 5080 posts
I'm done.

Wolfgang DelaSangre

Wolfgang DelaSangre

Brave Heart

• Duelist
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
Eh, whatev's. Still don't see the point in running Skill Drain in Photons when their best card loses everything that makes it great, that being dodging Mirror Force and D. Prison, and getting big crap out of the way for your other guys to deliver the coup de grace. Better off running it in Malefics, and you still can't even get more than one out on the field.

razoredgey.

razoredgey.

Blacksmith + DCE

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1966 posts
I always list 3 United, 3 Dojo, 1 Gateway first on DN, then go play. Am I stacking? =-|

Oh and Drain is nice here because,
Photon Sabre -> Grab Photn Sabre -> Attack or Be Attacked -> Flip Drain -> 2k Attack.

D.E.N.N.I.S. frogman

D.E.N.N.I.S. frogman

D 4 DUELIST

• +Necro Moderoid
  • 11031 posts

Eh, whatev's. Still don't see the point in running Skill Drain in Photons when their best card loses everything that makes it great, that being dodging Mirror Force and D. Prison, and getting big crap out of the way for your other guys to deliver the coup de grace. Better off running it in Malefics, and you still can't even get more than one out on the field.

i cant believe you actually consider galaxy eyes photon dragon an even remotely decent card in this deck or in general why are you here and not on pojo holy fuck

D.E.N.N.I.S. frogman

D.E.N.N.I.S. frogman

D 4 DUELIST

• +Necro Moderoid
  • 11031 posts
why do i have to read this why am i subscribed to this thread fuck this im gonna go kill myself

D.E.N.N.I.S. frogman

D.E.N.N.I.S. frogman

D 4 DUELIST

• +Necro Moderoid
  • 11031 posts
im listening to lil b right now and finding it more pleasurable than reading this thread

Kahu

Kahu

The Ruler of Earl's Projects - Not Earl

• ~The Organization~
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3116 posts
If you're going to play GEPD Photons, I suggest that you just not play the deck until DP Kaito is out, plain and simple. At least then you'll be able to spam Rank 8s and actually make use of GEPD.

Wolfgang DelaSangre

Wolfgang DelaSangre

Brave Heart

• Duelist
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
I already know I'm gonna be running the two Galaxy cards in it. Dunno about Photon Satellite. Seems like its only use is to summon Dyson Sphere.

Also hoping the other nine new cards will be useful. Fingers crossed for Photon Spear and Photon Sublimation!

Chris Buraseru

Chris Buraseru

• Moderoid
  • 5080 posts

I already know I'm gonna be running the two Galaxy cards in it. Dunno about Photon Satellite. Seems like its only use is to summon Dyson Sphere.

And Adreus, Tiras, Constellar Pleiades, Shadow Armor Ninja, Volcasaur, Zenmaioh, Exa-Stag, Freezerdon and Machu Mech.

Wolfgang DelaSangre

Wolfgang DelaSangre

Brave Heart

• Duelist
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

And Adreus, Tiras, Constellar Pleiades, Shadow Armor Ninja, Volcasaur, Zenmaioh, Exa-Stag, Freezerdon and Machu Mech.

1) Dunno why you included Freezerdon on that list. Like, at all. Or Machu Mech, really. Did you just grab the names of every Rank 5 with generic 2x requirements? Weren't you griping at me five posts ago about using bad cards? I'm disappointed in you, Chris. And that's sad when it's coming from me.

2) Dyson Sphere is funnier. Which is about 80% why I play this game: The funny.

3) I thought you were done with this thread?

4) *Looks at your sig* Seizure time!

5) Exa-Stag needs bugs, might wanna remove him.

rei

rei

chrono trigger warning

• +Administrator+
  • 51582 posts

Enter two numbers separated by a comma (in the form a,b). A random number is generated between a and b each time. Do you notice any kind of pattern? No? That's because it's random. And guess what... each flash program uses the exact same method of generating random numbers... and that includes Dueling Network.

lol i clicked 20 times and got 25 six times and 33 three times when going between 1-40. PROBLEM SOLVED

Chris Buraseru

Chris Buraseru

• Moderoid
  • 5080 posts
Actually I listed every generic rank 5 because you literally just said that Satellite is only useful for Dyson Sphere, which it isn't. Secondly, I have never enjoyed when you ever played a deck that I have laid my eyes upon because you always fuck them up. Ex. Infernity, T.G., etc.

Third I come back to the thread in hopes that you actually stop acting batshit retarded (lolprobability of that happening 0% derp) about your card choices but it never happens. It's pretty depressing. And you again need to be ashamed about that deck editor fixes bad draws thing you pulled out of your ass.

Just please, go to Pojo.

Wolfgang DelaSangre

Wolfgang DelaSangre

Brave Heart

• Duelist
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
But again, I rarely ever want to summon those. Well, I'd WANT to summon them, specifically Adreus and maybe Tiras, but Rank 4s are easier to make. Heck, Rank 3s are easier to make in Photons. You wanna run Rank 5, you HAVE to run Satellite. Running one just to open up options that you wouldn't have without that card is typically not a good idea. If I'm gonna go to all that trouble just to summon a specific Rank in a deck clearly not designed to play that Rank, I'll just go for Dyson Sphere. And again, Dyson is a lot funnier.

And why are you griping at me about this deck? I haven't once seen you post a Photon deck of ANY sort, let alone a pure build. In fact, it was YOU that told ME that GEPD was a shitty boss monster and wasn't worth the effort.

I believe that is the stench of someone who is just arguing to argue. You're just being an ass for the sake of being an ass. How's about you pick up your dick and get out of this thread if that's how you're gonna act?

StillPojo

StillPojo

Mr. Roboto

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts
Whilst I initially ignored this thread (assumed it was gonna be another Photon Drain build), I decided to stop by and see why it was getting so much attention.

UPDATE: Found a solution to the shuffling problem, albeit one that really irks me: Mix up the cards yourself in the Deck Editor.

I might should also mention that I'm more likely to get triplicate of a card that's useless by itself than I am to get one copy of a card that isn't. Like the triple Photon Sanctuary I got not five minutes ago.

In every single duel, I will get some unfortunate combination of MOST of them that just makes it worse. I counted. You cannot tell me this is probability being a dick and convince me. This is a bad shuffle algorithm, and I came here asking for fixes to make the deck more compliant to said algorithm.

Posted Image

doognmad2

doognmad2

Plain Old Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
Needs more DinoValley

Hellviper

Hellviper

Guardian

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts
Why are you not gone yet?

If you post a terrible Deck, people will bash it obviously.

If you don't except the help given to you and keep going with your terrible Deck, people will keep bashing you.

Added to that, if you blame your losses on DNs shuffling, when it is because your Deck sucks... well you get the picture.

peace

http://duelistground...?showuser=40164

He had the right idea.

D.E.N.N.I.S. frogman

D.E.N.N.I.S. frogman

D 4 DUELIST

• +Necro Moderoid
  • 11031 posts
there is no way this cat is for real

Wolfgang DelaSangre

Wolfgang DelaSangre

Brave Heart

• Duelist
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Why are you not gone yet?

If you post a terrible Deck, people will bash it obviously.

If you don't except the help given to you and keep going with your terrible Deck, people will keep bashing you.

Added to that, if you blame your losses on DNs shuffling, when it is because your Deck sucks... well you get the picture.

peace

http://duelistground...?showuser=40164

He had the right idea.

Most help I saw was the replacing of one Photon Crusher (which I suspect to have been sarcasm) and the suggestion to add Effect Veiler. Other than that, I saw "lolsuckslolsuckslolwesocoollol". That doesn't look like help to me. Then again, I'm just a scrub who fell asleep in Insulting Players Who Don't Netdeck Tourney Shit 101.

Hellviper

Hellviper

Guardian

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Most help I saw was the replacing of one Photon Crusher (which I suspect to have been sarcasm) and the suggestion to add Effect Veiler. Other than that, I saw "lolsuckslolsuckslolwesocoollol". That doesn't look like help to me. Then again, I'm just a scrub who fell asleep in Insulting Players Who Don't Netdeck Tourney Shit 101.

Spoiler

People were giving you good advice... You were playing a bad build, and blaming your hands on DNs shuffling saying it isn't random. No shit you would get flamed, do you know how stupid you've sounded?

Maybe instead of arguing back and defending your shitty Deck, you could actually listen to the others and try out there versions.. ask for fixes on what to cut and what to add in even if you don't like what they suggest.. just try it. That is how you know for sure whether you believe you are wrong or right. What you are doing currently is beyond retarded.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users