Welcome to DuelistGroundz
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

DGz's Store is Fully Operational

you may have seen a banner

• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

njs33

njs33

Plain Old Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
do you ship to sweden?

white-bordered swamp

white-bordered swamp

Like 8th edition or something?

• +Necro Moderoid
  • 11371 posts
Yes, we do.

Mother Sun

Mother Sun

You are the language

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3118 posts
Let's say I were to sell cards to the DGz store. If I wanted to purchase cards/supplies, would it be possible to just use the money or values of the sold cards as store credit, rather than wait for it to deposit to my PayPal, then turn around and purchase the cards/supplies?

white-bordered swamp

white-bordered swamp

• +Necro Moderoid
  • 11371 posts

Let's say I were to sell cards to the DGz store. If I wanted to purchase cards/supplies, would it be possible to just use the money or values of the sold cards as store credit, rather than wait for it to deposit to my PayPal, then turn around and purchase the cards/supplies?

Yes, when you sell cards you have the option to get either a paypal payment or store credit. We actually give you a 10% bonus if you select the store credit option.

Skrillex ♥

Skrillex ♥

FUAAH!

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts
Posted Image
haha jk :P

Skrillex ♥

Skrillex ♥

FUAAH!

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts
Posted Image

Posted Image
Ideas ?

Skrillex ♥

Skrillex ♥

FUAAH!

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I know that the text of the logo is written in Chinese, it can be edited by any text or anything they want.

The text means "Card Game"

Nate the Awesome

Nate the Awesome

The Greatest

• Duelist
  • 2430 posts
I thought you were going to choose the images for the store yesterday Allen. What happened?

white-bordered swamp

white-bordered swamp

• +Necro Moderoid
  • 11371 posts
I'm probably not going to pick winners until this weekend. Unfortunately I've been a little behind schedule on a couple of things.

Creeping Tar Pit

Creeping Tar Pit

Elemental

• Loyalist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1823 posts
Got my order from here. Awesome job with the store Allen.

im'a beetle!!

im'a beetle!!

Borobudur - Is that flavor text bro?

• Duelist
  • 4967 posts

Tomorrow I'm going to open our doors to North America

were you only shipping to Africa before?

I meant the rest of North America obv. Contrary to popular belief, the continent consists of more than the United States and Canada.

... Alaska?

Think "Who likes Six Samurai the most?".

nietzsche

nietzsche

Plain Old Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
I'll try to make a banner later.

Posted Image

slick

slick

Never gonna give you up

• »Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10451 posts
Good luck with everything Allen

Hopefully you get all your card lists done soon
My advice would be to add accessories individually. First would be T-shirts. You'd have to find out who your local printers are but it really shouldn't be hard.
After T-shirts I would try to develop playmats. Those would be the 2 to concentrate on since you will be adding tons of exposure through free advertising with those products.
I would not recommend branching into sleeves, deckboxes and so forth until much later. They will be difficult to create, and not add that much exposure tbh. Also, it would be difficult to have competitive prices with low quantities and most people just aren't going to pay $10 for Ultra Pros with a DGZ logo on them

As for product, it all depends on your contacts. Its too bad I don't live closer because I know some distributors in Ontario. Honestly, you could even develop a formal arrangement with one of the bigger online retailers to buy product at slightly above cost. Go to your locals and find out who they get product from (most do not buy direct from konami)

Buying from individuals can be profitable but its very time consuming. Pretty much only worth buying collections, and I generally have to see the collection with my own eyes before I can offer a price. I'm sure you already know this, sorry, just trying to help

Anyways, best of luck

white-bordered swamp

white-bordered swamp

• +Necro Moderoid
  • 11371 posts
I'm well familiar with all of the major distributors right now. There's basically GTS, Southern Hobby, PHD, ACD, and Alliance. Buying product from stores at slightly above cost is not only impossible (it would be an unfavorable exchange for them due to the opporunity cost of being able to sell at retail) but also a terrible idea. I'm going for a low cost business model, so the last thing I want to be doing is paying more for product than everyone else. You're also stone wrong about buying cards. Every event I go to I spend $1K-2K on buying singles alone, and almost none of it is in the form of collections. Especially at events like regionals, I'm the only one who buys cards at reasonable prices, so I just have a field day.

Almighty Me

Almighty Me

Guardian

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts
If you have the option to have cards automatically sorted by price when the customer chooses a set to browse you should definitely turn that on. I know Ideal808 does it so it must be possible.

I was just browsing through and it was really irritating having to either select the option and refresh or browse through every crappy out of stock common.

Forcing people to browse through the "not chase" stock before they get to what they want is a great way to get people to see your stock and maybe buy lesser stuff. However, since I doubt you're going to be actively stocking all the super low end commons it's nothing more than an irritation.

I'm one of those shoppers that will happily check every set you have in stock too see if there's anything I want, but having to wade through crappy commons turns me off pretty quick. I know I'm not the only one.

Excellent work though, site is pretty badass.

white-bordered swamp

white-bordered swamp

• +Necro Moderoid
  • 11371 posts
Most other people have told me that they'd rather it be sorted alphabetically, and the fact that it sorts by price by default on most sites is annoying. It doesn't seem like it's that hard to change the settings yourself, and most people just use the card search anyways. Also, I am going to be actively stocking the $0.25 commons. It's called buying bulk.

▲Ɐ▲

▲Ɐ▲

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Duelist
  • 3306 posts
i hope you eventually stock dg tshirts so i can proudly display to the world my love of yugioh forums

white-bordered swamp

white-bordered swamp

• +Necro Moderoid
  • 11371 posts
As far as the graphic contest goes, I got a lot less participation than I expected, but oh well. I didn't see any logos that I liked, so I'm having a professional designer that I know irl work on that. Shrillex wins the banner contest, but I want the logo (that has yet to be completed) incorporated in the banner. So I'll be working with Shrillex to make those finishing touches on the banner and it should replace the old banner within a week.

Also, I think the slogan I'm going to use (for stuff like the banner, T-shirts, business cards, etc) is going to be "Competitive prices for competitive players." It think it reflects well on DGz's essence.

Skrillex ♥

Skrillex ♥

FUAAH!

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

As far as the graphic contest goes, I got a lot less participation than I expected, but oh well. I didn't see any logos that I liked, so I'm having a professional designer that I know irl work on that. Shrillex wins the banner contest, but I want the logo (that has yet to be completed) incorporated in the banner. So I'll be working with Shrillex to make those finishing touches on the banner and it should replace the old banner within a week.

Also, I think the slogan I'm going to use (for stuff like the banner, T-shirts, business cards, etc) is going to be "Competitive prices for competitive players." It think it reflects well on DGz's essence.

:wub:

white-bordered swamp

white-bordered swamp

• +Necro Moderoid
  • 11371 posts
I know logos are one of those more subjective things, but I hope everyone approves:

Posted Image

Skrillex ♥

Skrillex ♥

FUAAH!

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

I know logos are one of those more subjective things, but I hope everyone approves:

Posted Image

very cool

Grimey

Grimey

self proclaimed mario kart 8 champion

• Duelist
  • 4557 posts
dgz shirts

:wub:

white-bordered swamp

white-bordered swamp

• +Necro Moderoid
  • 11371 posts
Oh man looks like we got a new banner up. Good night guys, I'll try to buy a bunch of cards at regs this saturday!

white-bordered swamp

white-bordered swamp

• +Necro Moderoid
  • 11371 posts
I'll also try to get up some wave 2 tin preorders first thing next week.

Final_Vent

Final_Vent

oh nuh uh dont even

• Loyalist
  • 4581 posts

product, singles, or both? (guessing the earlier)

ygo duelist bodan

ygo duelist bodan

gamblor

• +Ancient Moderoid
  • 17459 posts
like obv i understand the concept of online stores but if i was to message you with a list of cards (i own nothing so basically a deck, card for card) could you offer some discount or something? i'm a mod pls halp

JackNBox

JackNBox

Underworld Duelist

• Loyalist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1342 posts
The banner is nice, but the "click to shop" writing could be a bit clearer.

white-bordered swamp

white-bordered swamp

• +Necro Moderoid
  • 11371 posts

Both. So like tins for $15-16 each, Rescue Rabbits for $3 each, etc.

Final_Vent

Final_Vent

oh nuh uh dont even

• Loyalist
  • 4581 posts

Both. So like tins for $15-16 each, Rescue Rabbits for $3 each, etc.

sweet jesus

Exiled

Exiled

Admiral Maynard Feels THE PAIN!

• »Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34894 posts
the banner looks nice

gj allen and skrillex

d3monized

d3monized

Supernatural

• Duelist
  • 2351 posts
Is there a way to get an order confirmation on my order? I had two emails saying yes, but then another saying the payment didnt go through. My paypal says I paid Allen Pennington,

Raylulz

Raylulz

♥♪!?

• Loyalist
  • 3521 posts
Soon please. :P

Spoiler

white-bordered swamp

white-bordered swamp

• +Necro Moderoid
  • 11371 posts
Just wanted to let you guys know that for Black Friday weekend (including today), DGz is giving 10% off on everything in stock, no limitations. Offer ends this Tuesday.

Relianah

Relianah

King of the Nerds

• »Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5572 posts
Dat sale

rei

rei

BROMICHAEL

• +Administrator+
  • 51820 posts
Sunday will be when we announce format, monday will be when we announce staff

BoraxTheLean

BoraxTheLean

WAPAPAPAPOW

• +Ancient Moderoid
  • 3005 posts

Sunday will be when we announce format, monday will be when we announce staff

This is supposed to be in the podcast thread right?

white-bordered swamp

white-bordered swamp

• +Necro Moderoid
  • 11371 posts
DGz is doing pre-orders on the cards released in tin wave 2.5: http://www.duelistgr...h_preorders/714

Hope you guys enjoy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users