Welcome to DuelistGroundz
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Silent Hill: Revelation

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Oceanus

Oceanus

Duelistflux

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4143 posts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMWrZmD0AN4

I've known about this film for years now... so I was kind of annoyed when they finally announced it for halloween.

The trailer looks mediocre, but then again production wouldn't have a clue how to market a series like Silent Hill. What's important is the director... I would say I really liked the vision and enthusiasm of Christopher Gans, but the director for this one isn't the same as the first. Michael Bassett has nothing done I've heard of. Despite this, I've followed him a bit on his blog, and he seems like a well-to-do guy who wouldn't destroy the essence of the series with some kind of directorial "vision", but this remains to be seen. Ultimately, I'll give it the classic college try and hope that if nothing else, he at least tries to mimic the first film.

Exiled

Exiled

i can't fight this life

• »Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34826 posts
the first movie was amazing, but somehow I don't have high hopes like i should.

James.

James.

Expat

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1217 posts
ugh not sean bean again

at least it has jon snow

Sick Boy

Sick Boy

No Good Chain-Smokin' Diesel-Junkie

• Duelist
  • 2181 posts
Huh, so while the first film was pseudo Silent Hill 1, this film seems strongly tied to the plot of the 3rd game. The trailer seemed pretty awesome, and it definitely looks like they kept the look and feel of the first film. Bringing back the father character and going the whole reincarnated daughter route is awesome. Definitely looking forward to it.

Sick Boy

Sick Boy

• Duelist
  • 2181 posts
Also, sweetness Pyramid Head is back.

Sick Boy

Sick Boy

• Duelist
  • 2181 posts
Shame on them for using "Revelation" in the movie title though. Seriously people, stop that. Just call it Silent Hill 2, we already know its a directly connected sequel.

Minivan Highway

Minivan Highway

Underworld Duelist

• Loyalist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1377 posts
Looks pretty awful.

Sick Boy

Sick Boy

• Duelist
  • 2181 posts

Looks pretty awful.

You should be going into this expecting B-Movie level entertainment.

Minivan Highway

Minivan Highway

Underworld Duelist

• Loyalist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1377 posts
Even as a B-movie it doesn't look good.

Sick Boy

Sick Boy

• Duelist
  • 2181 posts

Even as a B-movie it doesn't look good.

Just looks like a movie of Silent Hill 3 to me.

Oceanus

Oceanus

Duelistflux

• Duelist
  • 4143 posts
Like I said, their trailers are pretty bad compared to their movies. The first one is almost equally as weak:

Matticus

Matticus

Ground Duelist

• Duelist
  • 2596 posts

This kind of annoys me actually, because he's meant to be a representation of James Sunderland's inner demons :(

But if he tears the skin off someone in this movie, I guess I'll be okay with it! TBH though, I wasn't a huge fan of the first movie. I'll probably still go see this though, because the first movie was at least better than the Resident Evil movies lol

Sick Boy

Sick Boy

• Duelist
  • 2181 posts

This kind of annoys me actually, because he's meant to be a representation of James Sunderland's inner demons :(

But if he tears the skin off someone in this movie, I guess I'll be okay with it! TBH though, I wasn't a huge fan of the first movie. I'll probably still go see this though, because the first movie was at least better than the Resident Evil movies lol

Yeah, that was one of the beefs I had with them commercializing him and putting him into SH games like Homecoming half-assedly to appease the fans. He's definitely one of the most iconic SH monsters though, and the fact that he was already in the first movie makes me happy that they seem to be at least attempting to expand upon his reason for existing. It almost seems like he's a personification of the demon inside Alessa/Silent Hill in movieverse.

Oceanus

Oceanus

Duelistflux

• Duelist
  • 4143 posts
Not a personification of her, but of her imagined "father".

http://silenthill.wi...ilm_appearances

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users