Welcome to DuelistGroundz
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Mind Crush

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

IonCharge

IonCharge

Artistic, with a 'u'.

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1188 posts
Posted Image
So I've been thinking about it and this card seems pretty neat right now.
I mean, considering it beats:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

It also beats Stratos and Snoww too, along with common stuff like Duality and all the RotA cards flying around.
What's everyone's opinions on it?

Relianah

Relianah

King of the Nerds

• +Necro Moderoid
  • 5409 posts
I almost played it in Toronto, but it came down to this or having a card that was an actual out (prison/mirror force/soul taker etc.). It was really awesome hitting shit but it happened a lot where I'd draw it and couldn't do anything with it.

Purple Haze

Purple Haze

Guardian

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts
"Mind. Crush. Is. For. Pros."

Ahh.. I miss those days.

Gojira

Gojira

Ground Duelist

• Essex
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2574 posts
I think dark world players who stopped maining this card are stupid.

NotSoGallantGallade

NotSoGallantGallade

Friendly Neighborhood Mega-Absol

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

I like its sheer versatility against the meta right now:
HEROs: E-Call, ROTA, Stratos.
DW: Snoww searches, cards they bounce for Grapha, Post-Dragged Holy crap I suck at this game.
Wind-Ups: Factory, Shark
6Sam: ROTA, Smoke Signal, plays such as SS Elder, Normal Kagemusha
Geargias: Geargiarmor, Gearframe, Gear Gigant
Pot of Duality
Sangan

Plus, there are times where you can call out something such as Gorz or Maxx C so you can go for game without fear of hand traps.

Relianah

Relianah

King of the Nerds

• +Necro Moderoid
  • 5409 posts

I think dark world players who stopped maining this card are stupid.

I 100% agree, I honestly win games because of this card.

IonCharge

IonCharge

Artistic, with a 'u'.

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1188 posts

cards they bounce for Grapha

what

木 海 緑

木 海 緑

MRRGGLLGLE

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1870 posts
put dfissure on board first obv.

pie lies fly

pie lies fly

choco sauce chipmunk warrior of doom

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1036 posts

"Mind. Crush. Is. For. Pros." Ahh.. I miss those days.

Also the times where there is literally no viable read yet when it's MST'd and you think for like 56146 years trying to make some sort of mathematical call cause in your mind that's what a pro would do.

And fail, hard.

rap game #freeAlistar

rap game #freeAlistar

Scholarly Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Plus, there are times where you can call out something such as Gorz or Maxx C so you can go for game without fear of hand traps.

And then your opponent can chain Maxx C, doesn't seem too brilliant to me.

broken

broken

<3

• Duelist
  • 3937 posts

Also the times where there is literally no viable read yet when it's MST'd and you think for like 56146 years trying to make some sort of mathematical call cause in your mind that's what a pro would do.

And fail, hard.

Or you can just not be bad and don't call anything and be fine with the 1 for 1 when there is no read?

MoncaiZach

MoncaiZach

Brave Heart

• Duelist
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

I almost played it in Toronto, but it came down to this or having a card that was an actual out (prison/mirror force/soul taker etc.). It was really awesome hitting shit but it happened a lot where I'd draw it and couldn't do anything with it.

This is my only grievance with the card right now. Things happen to fast in the meta right now, and having outs early/mid/lategame is significantly more beneficial than having the ability to break the combo early game.

! Bio

! Bio

Padawan

• Duelist
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
It could make a good side deck option, but with how many decks are viable this format and the side deck only being 15 cards I can't seeing it being more helpful then other options.
Needle ceiling/Gozen/Hand traps for W-U, Fissure/Imp/Macro/Shadow mirror for DW, Backrow for hero's, System Down/Hand traps for Geargia builds and Gadget Builds, Gozen Match for Rabbit. etc etc

The side deck is pretty tight already and all those cards I feel help more then Mind Crush.

木 海 緑

木 海 緑

MRRGGLLGLE

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1870 posts

This is my only grievance with the card right now. Things happen to fast in the meta right now, and having outs early/mid/lategame is significantly more beneficial than having the ability to break the combo early game.

Haven't you seen the anime? NO ONE CAN RECOVER FROM A MIND CRUSH

Facepoet

Facepoet

Plain Old Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Also that moment when your opponent drops their hand or misplays and shows you a card in their hand. Or when they are cocky like "OMG i opened *certain combo with broke cards, and show you just to be a dick*, you wanna scoop?"

M.C.B.

M.C.B.

a machine

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts

We have Windup, Prophecy, Mermail, Hero, DW and a whole bunch of effects that add to hand from before. Adding Fire fist and Tenki into the equasion, do you think that is a good enough reason to start running double Mind Crush in any side deck now?

McGinty

McGinty

The hate makes us stronger.

• Banned From Trading
  • 3117 posts
Mind Crush on Megalo is kindve a blowout sometime. The ability to hit multiples against Windup is good. Pretty good versus prophecy. The thing about this card is, it requires you sometimes to call without concrete knowledge. If you're bad at that then. Meh.

Ultimate Buffalo

Ultimate Buffalo

Ground Duelist

• Duelist
  • 4352 posts

Trying 2 in dragons with moderate success, vs dark world you can crush their spells they search with snow reveal with ddttg and Sam's it stops the smoke signal thing. w

M.C.B.

M.C.B.

a machine

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Mind Crush on Megalo is kindve a blowout sometime. The ability to hit multiples against Windup is good. Pretty good versus prophecy. The thing about this card is, it requires you sometimes to call without concrete knowledge. If you're bad at that then. Meh.

in theory card could obly be played by DW because of constant hand control, decks with a lot of backrow, so they don't feel that one card that is useless on ocasion and spam decks such as hieratic to get rid of gorz/trago/maxx/veiler

at least that is how it was

I am wondering if it could see more widespread play because of the addition of fire fists who search a whole lot

i am testing 2 in side in my geargias. This far no success, I don't get it on time.

Splatt

Splatt

Inzektor Exa-Swag

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts

-Have them search controller off undine

-They play allure

-Mind crush controller

-T_T

M.C.B.

M.C.B.

a machine

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts

-Have them search controller off undine

-They play allure

-Mind crush controller

-T_T

omfg NUTS!

Oh_The_Irony

Oh_The_Irony

Guardian

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Trying 2 in dragons with moderate success, vs dark world you can crush their spells they reveal with ddttg and Sam's it stops the smoke signal thing.

Who reveals spells with Dragged Down to the Grave?

M.C.B.

M.C.B.

a machine

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts

And then your opponent can chain Maxx C, doesn't seem too brilliant to me.

yes

you could mind crush in their end phase and go for it next turn, he wasn't completely off with his statement

Russty Duelist

Russty Duelist

corned duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

In my opinion, Mind Crush is nuts and should almost be considered a staple in almost every deck's side deck. Virtually every deck in the game now, especially Water is reliant on searches. I'm also a huge fan of the card because while it is broken, it really doesn't matter if you aren't hitting the best cards. The timing of activation of the card is so crucial, and it really just wins games all by itself.

BigDongStudios

BigDongStudios

BiggerDongSmallerStudios

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1769 posts

Rusty duelist living up to his name

Bergy

Bergy

fuckboy

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

In my opinion, Mind Crush is nuts and should almost be considered a staple in almost every deck's side deck. Virtually every deck in the game now, especially Water is reliant on searches. I'm also a huge fan of the card because while it is broken, it really doesn't matter if you aren't hitting the best cards. The timing of activation of the card is so crucial, and it really just wins games all by itself.

You essentially said that : 

•Mind Crush is nuts.

•Mind Crush should be a staple side deck card.

•You're a fan of Mind Crush because it's broken so you don't have to use it to the cards fullest potential.

•When you activate it at the right time is wins games. 

If you replace "Mind Crush" with "Magic Cylinder" you get the same thing and it still means nothing really. 

- - - - - 

Mind Crush is going to be VERY powerful this format. It's good against every single powerful deck in the meta.

I could see this giving Dark World a huge boost considering that even game 2 dragged + Crush is going to be game every time. 

Water and any form of Fire Fists/Kings will be the most popular decks at the beginning of next format, therefore we can probably expect to see this card teched in the main a lot. Warning and TKRO were hit to 1 and 2 respectively. Warning is one of the few cards that can hit Megalo's summon from hand, and TKRO is one of the few that can prevent it. Considering how easy it is to read Megalo (i;e opponent goes undine to search for a marksman when you have a set monster and a backrow) mind crush works really well against Water. Hitting searched cards spells off of Barong or even simply trading cards with your opponent's searched bear are both very strong plays. 

Sams have 3 Smoke signal as well which is worth noting...

Don't forget all of the generic cards that Mind Crush hits as well such as Pot of Duality, all of the ways it can be used in conjunction w/ say compulsory. 

Seems good.

Gojira

Gojira

Ground Duelist

• Essex
  • 2574 posts
Tkro only stops megalo's searching effect. Megalo isn't an inherent special summon, so you can't negate with Tkro. I do agree that 3 maimed crush in Turbo DW seems pretty good.

Bergy

Bergy

fuckboy

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

I never said he could negate megalo's summon, just his effect to search.

Gojira

Gojira

Ground Duelist

• Essex
  • 2574 posts

I never said he could negate megalo's summon, just his effect to search.

Ah. IDK if you meant this, but if you respond to megalo's activation with mind crush it will go to the grave and not be summoned at all. You don't even have to call prematurely, unless you want to prevent atlanteans being discarded.

Evols

Evols

Plain Old Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Reveal 3 books for priestess trigger effect, chain this :) They use book of secrets, use this They use dragoons, use this They use harpie queen, use this They use Tenki, use this They use allure, declare genes controller :O Me like this card

Sanjura

Sanjura

Sack(ed)jura

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5691 posts

This is definitely going to be one of those cards that is a mistake to leave at 3.

Focus

Focus

Brave Heart

• Duelist
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

The format didn't need it all 3. In all seriousness it just increased the abilty for Dark Worlds to open it with a dragged down.

Mind crush was at 2 and was still amazing, It's just people don't know when to make the read or let it die.

This card at 3 increases a few decks win conditions and doesn't include that the card did no harm at 2.
 Crush going to 3 just gave players a chance to think about how amazing it really is.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users