Welcome to DuelistGroundz
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Inzektor - Discussion

Dragonfly is still broken inzektor

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
847 replies to this topic

.E3.

.E3.

Tomb Keeper

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts
Cardcar can't be special summoned and I wouldn't want to Neg 1 for a trooper usually.

herbie ✌

herbie ✌

Boned your girl last night

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1014 posts

Cardcar can't be special summoned and I wouldn't want to Neg 1 for a trooper usually.

wut...
They're fodder.

EDIT: This is sorta what I mean, like I've never really played this deck too much so you could probably see stuff to cut for Imperial that I can't see.

Spoiler

.E3.

.E3.

Tomb Keeper

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts
Ah, the way I read it was you wanted to special it for insect imitation, my bad.

kimoneos001

kimoneos001

Plain Old Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

http://i.imgur.com/CYzPuco.png ( well i like runing things x2 . makes the side in/out faster and "better". also i wanted a build with bls, he helped me top last year in euro ;) )

http://i.imgur.com/I5XvGbx.png (the same with x3 hand traps )

http://i.imgur.com/BGYzG0G.png ( a crazy build i was using when dragons came out, really fast. u can go off after they veiler x2, with double summon. 1st turn lavalval. shockmaster etc. but now they use breakthrought in main, so my nightmare/dweller sucks :/ )

what u think about my side? from now on i am using this build http://i.imgur.com/X2sMvyi.png with ur help. but i think we need to main compuls or wall... a 2nd gaia is needed too

i would apreciate it if u could help me, cause i have nationals in 23th and i really wanna do my best. 

mwnhydropump19

mwnhydropump19

blastoise goes hard

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

i think a 3rd imitation would work out really well. i was running 2 last week at locals and i needed a 3rd so bad. if you are running cardcar d with imitation it just makes the deck so much more consistent. 

Jazriel

Jazriel

Tomb Keeper

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
3 Veiler
3 Maxx "C"
1 DAD
1 Arma Knight
2 monk
3 Centipede
3 Ladybug
1 Dragonfly
1 Hornet
1 Hopper
1 Mantis
1 Weevil

3 Insect Imitation
3 Sword
3 MST
2 duality
1 Foolish
1 Reborn
1 Book of Moon
1 Storm

2 Call
2 Waboku

Dweller
Cowboy
Exa-Stag
Lavalval Chain
Leviair
Maestroke
Volcasaurus
Shock Master
Leviathan
Brilli-Ant
Acid Golem
Blackship
Volcasaurus
Shark Fortress
Temtempo

Just starting to run this deck. My current build seems pretty standard. Biggest things I'm unsure of are the monks and my Extra Deck line-up. I'm also curious as to what people are siding against the main 3 decks right now. I'm considering cutting monks and running Cardcar D's and more Waboku/Swift Scarecrow.

kimoneos001

kimoneos001

Plain Old Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

3 Veiler
3 Maxx "C"
1 DAD
1 Arma Knight
2 monk
3 Centipede
3 Ladybug
1 Dragonfly
1 Hornet
1 Hopper
1 Mantis
1 Weevil

3 Insect Imitation
3 Sword
3 MST
2 duality
1 Foolish
1 Reborn
1 Book of Moon
1 Storm

2 Call
2 Waboku

Dweller
Cowboy
Exa-Stag
Lavalval Chain
Leviair
Maestroke
Volcasaurus
Shock Master
Leviathan
Brilli-Ant
Acid Golem
Blackship
Volcasaurus
Shark Fortress
Temtempo

Just starting to run this deck. My current build seems pretty standard. Biggest things I'm unsure of are the monks and my Extra Deck line-up. I'm also curious as to what people are siding against the main 3 decks right now. I'm considering cutting monks and running Cardcar D's and more Waboku/Swift Scarecrow.

monk/arma combo is not that good in a big tour with veiler/ maxx c at 3

also u run 3 imitation and not 2 hopper but a random weevil.

better drop imitation at 2 and run 2 hoppers (eradicator target with sword )

also swords should be at 2 if u dont wanna have bad draws/hands

u dont need to run book of moon. chainable traps are way better

so now u have space to run 2/3 threatening roars and 2 breakthrought skills ( very good card against gaios,dragossack,laggia,dolkka,maines,maestroke etc)

now about the side, against spellbook i use 3 iron walls 3 lock birds 2 raioh 2 eradicators

against dragons i side 3 soul drains 3 walls 1 kycoo

against mermails i side 3 soul 2 raioh (why soul drain and not fissures? because its good against e dragons and because mermails like everyone sides imperial walls so i might get a plus if they think i will side fissure ;) )

and against swarms i side in my heavy storm(yes i dont main heavy), maybe 2 walls and maybe eradicators... depends. (its an easy match up anyway)

about the extra deck now

if u are not gonna use arma/monk as i say, u dont need the lavalval chain

also ship , temptempo and shark are not that good in my eyes.

so i suggest 2x gaia (for the stag+sword add fly combo, and volca) also good against dragos tokens

1 adreus (eradicator target)

and 1 zenmaines is always needed. against rogue decks. 

thats what i think and what i use in my deck ;) wish i helped you

kimoneos001

kimoneos001

Plain Old Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

W4to4ab.png

so this is what i am thinkin of running in my nationals (greece) 23th

i ll see many swarms, guess many mermails, a few spellbooks and enough rich guys with e-dragons

the only cards i am not sure about, are: 

the heavy in main board or side

the dad, not sure if i need to run him

is a 3rd imitation needed?

and about the extra. if i am gonna use maestroke (he is good against swarm only ) maybe armory would be better or a daigusto phoenix dunno

mwnhydropump19

mwnhydropump19

blastoise goes hard

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

3rd imitation is really good. i suggest running 3 

Jazriel

Jazriel

Tomb Keeper

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Is 2 hopper the way to go if you want to run triple imitation? I've had a couple of times now where I wish I was running 2 hopper and I'm wondering if I should bump him up to 2.

mwnhydropump19

mwnhydropump19

blastoise goes hard

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

yea run 2 hopper

.E3.

.E3.

Tomb Keeper

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts
I've tested it extensively and Insect Imitation is honestly VERY underwhelming. I wouldn't even tech one. I'd rather revert back to card trooper first, to be honest.

Just my preference.

Kanade

Kanade

Winged Angel

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2412 posts

I feel two Hoppers is staple in the Imitation builds while one is staple in the Monk builds just for the option of Monk into Hopper.

kimoneos001

kimoneos001

Plain Old Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

found the answer for game 2/3 vs ALL... HEAT WAVE is the answer ;) i ve taken out 1 lockbird and 1 soul drain for 2 of them....

against spellbooks the max they can do, is add cards and set a magician, u wont be hit by fate cause they dont have face up spellcaster

against dragons they do shit. they wont set anything

against swarm the same

against mermail the same...

sooo we can set an inzektor with 1 waboku/threatening/call/mst and go for game/otk (with centi/df/imitation on the set ladybug etc) the next turn

another idea would be deck lockdown, if u run monk arma build better

kimoneos001

kimoneos001

Plain Old Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

My issue with this deck is that it lets the WORST players get off with free wins simply because they opened dragonfly and their opponent couldn't answer.

Deck is mad inconsistent, but it's the bad players that always open monk or dragonfly and think they are yugioh masters. Pisses me off losing to players you know you're better than.

/NaCl Rant

if you couldnt answer that means u are not well prepared. sorry but that makes an inzektor player "better than you" ouuups

and about the consistensy i think lvl 2 targets with imitations is like wu (shark/magician)

guess u cried in that format too 

Blaze-7-

Blaze-7-

Brave Heart

• Duelist
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

found the answer for game 2/3 vs ALL... HEAT WAVE is the answer ;) i ve taken out 1 lockbird and 1 soul drain for 2 of them....

against spellbooks the max they can do, is add cards and set a magician, u wont be hit by fate cause they dont have face up spellcaster

against dragons they do shit. they wont set anything

against swarm the same

against mermail the same...

sooo we can set an inzektor with 1 waboku/threatening/call/mst and go for game/otk (with centi/df/imitation on the set ladybug etc) the next turn

another idea would be deck lockdown, if u run monk arma build better

Did you test heat wave in practice? Because it seems very theory-oh to me. What i am trying to point out is: what if they go first and start with dragossack etc.. Or if spellbook starts doing it's things. What about if you get heat wave but no the combo pieces? Dunno, maybe it's good, i can't criticise without even testing it, but these are the first things that came to my mind when i read your idea. To make it simple: i think it's very situational. 

.E3.

.E3.

Tomb Keeper

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

My issue with this deck is that it lets the WORST players get off with free wins simply because they opened dragonfly and their opponent couldn't answer.

Deck is mad inconsistent, but it's the bad players that always open monk or dragonfly and think they are yugioh masters. Pisses me off losing to players you know you're better than.

/NaCl Rant

if you couldnt answer that means u are not well prepared. sorry but that makes an inzektor player "better than you" ouuups
and about the consistensy i think lvl 2 targets with imitations is like wu (shark/magician)

Firstly, I've been playing this deck since it dropped, so I'm not angry that I lost to this deck, but to a scrub drawing the Inzektor nuts. And I didn't post that just to bitch about the deck. This deck is just way too inconsistent to be able to stand up to the meta at all.

Secondly, bad players won by dropping mage shark same as bad players win with dragonfly and ladybug/hornet, so I'm not quite sure if you were just joking about that.

So, I guess what you're saying is that if somebody loses because their opponent simply drew amazingly, then they aren't as good?

Also, just because it erks me, who the hell are you quoting with ' "better than you" '.

kimoneos001

kimoneos001

Plain Old Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

/NaCl Rant

Firstly, I've been playing this deck since it dropped, so I'm not angry that I lost to this deck, but to a scrub drawing the Inzektor nuts. And I didn't post that just to bitch about the deck. This deck is just way too inconsistent to be able to stand up to the meta at all.

Secondly, bad players won by dropping mage shark same as bad players win with dragonfly and ladybug/hornet, so I'm not quite sure if you were just joking about that.

So, I guess what you're saying is that if somebody loses because their opponent simply drew amazingly, then they aren't as good?

Also, just because it erks me, who the hell are you quoting with ' "better than you" '.

u came to an inzektor topic to talk about the inconsistency of the deck... and how a noob won u (i dont know who u are and how u lost and i dont think i care anyway) 

if u dont like inzektor anymore dont play them (like you do). me and everyone else in this topic (i guess) try to return the deck back to meta

also i wasnt joking about the shark magician, and i never called it "amazingly" like df/hornet/ladybug/foolish or whatever.... we are in a hand trap format. use hand traps. its so clear

i never said that there are no bad players around, but u dont have to call the deck bad because of that. 

its like flamming rabbits because a noob had tgu/rabbit set 4. 

i am not arguing with you.. but if u dont test the deck as much as we do, dont criticize it then

Kanade

Kanade

Winged Angel

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2412 posts

Stop ruining this thread with nonsense.

Jazriel

Jazriel

Tomb Keeper

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

What're the fewest cards needed to do a double Shock Master play? For both Monk build and non Monk build.

DarthChocoboz

DarthChocoboz

Michelle Keegan

• Most Wanted
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

This deck doesn't make double shock master lol, that would take a ridicuous number of cards and you do not have the extra deck space even, 1 shock master is enough, good players dont lose when they summon shock master lol. When you do shock master with this deck you usually end Shock Master Leviathan and Centipede with a sword. That is a difficult board to get over.

Jazriel

Jazriel

Tomb Keeper

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Didn't think I'd need to preface my question with "I want to troll my lolcals with a janky inzektor deck that turbos into multiple shock masters but I can't off the top of my head think of how to do it with the fewest cards." I know you only need 1, I just remember it was hilarious making 2 and I'm assuming someone might know some random combo that doesn't require the nuts to get it done.

kimoneos001

kimoneos001

Plain Old Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Didn't think I'd need to preface my question with "I want to troll my lolcals with a janky inzektor deck that turbos into multiple shock masters but I can't off the top of my head think of how to do it with the fewest cards." I know you only need 1, I just remember it was hilarious making 2 and I'm assuming someone might know some random combo that doesn't require the nuts to get it done.

http://i.imgur.com/BGYzG0G.png. put 2 calls, and 2nd monk. most of the times the deck starts with lavalval chain or shock master. or shock and a rank 4/5 or whatever u want ;) (normal armaggedon, send zephyros. take back arma for zephy. double summon into arma, send hornet, and do lavalval to topdeck df ) same combo is photon summon arma, or monk into arma. shock master plays are made with centi lady- double summon. or photon-monk. u can drop 2nd shock with reborn/call/eruption/double summon/ mst on mantis etc etc... wish i helped u. thats what i was playing when dragons came out. too fast ;)

and btw. ALWAYS call monsters when u shock 1st turn ;) u automatically win in this format.

TFJ

TFJ

Professor quirrel

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1776 posts

http://i.imgur.com/BGYzG0G.png. put 2 calls, and 2nd monk. most of the times the deck starts with lavalval chain or shock master. or shock and a rank 4/5 or whatever u want ;) (normal armaggedon, send zephyros. take back arma for zephy. double summon into arma, send hornet, and do lavalval to topdeck df ) same combo is photon summon arma, or monk into arma. shock master plays are made with centi lady- double summon. or photon-monk. u can drop 2nd shock with reborn/call/eruption/double summon/ mst on mantis etc etc... wish i helped u. thats what i was playing when dragons came out. too fast ;)

and btw. ALWAYS call monsters when u shock 1st turn ;) u automatically win in this format.
Prophecy and eswarm too? But I guess you probably have roars.

BasedNinja

BasedNinja

Knight of the Abyss

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts
I cut the CCD's and do not miss them.

kimoneos001

kimoneos001

Plain Old Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

I cut the CCD's and do not miss them.

was thinkin the same thing ;) what did u put instead? 

kimoneos001

kimoneos001

Plain Old Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Prophecy and eswarm too? But I guess you probably have roars.

u have roar/waboku or wall.. wall kills prophecy and the others the swarms ;) pearl is better than maestroke vs swarms in this build... and nightmare is gr8 against dragons like dweller, when they dont have bts 

TFJ

TFJ

Professor quirrel

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1776 posts
Well I was saying calling monster doesn't do much vs those two decks if they just run over your shock master easily.

kimoneos001

kimoneos001

Plain Old Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Well I was saying calling monster doesn't do much vs those two decks if they just run over your shock master easily.

yes but calling spells cuts only dw and sb i guess.... calling monsters hits and dw and sbs a little...

well when u go for shock u have at least a roar or a waboku. otherwise lavalval is a better option

and against swarm, they wont have a biger monster

what happened to me when i called spells, was a big eye coming to steal my shock or the other evilswarm that steals

and thats was huge problem 

Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan

Plain Old Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

What're the fewest cards needed to do a double Shock Master play? For both Monk build and non Monk build.

Double Shock, you are gonna want something like this: 

http://www.yugiohcar...php?f=2&t=32751

Jazriel

Jazriel

Tomb Keeper

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Double Shock, you are gonna want something like this: 

http://www.yugiohcar...php?f=2&t=32751

That build looks hilarious.

BasedNinja

BasedNinja

Knight of the Abyss

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

http://i.imgur.com/FXqlJHy.png

opinions?

kimoneos001

kimoneos001

Plain Old Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

http://i.imgur.com/FXqlJHy.png

opinions?

i was runing about the same today at my locals, 42 ppl with top 4... 6 rounds i did 6-0 and at finals i lost to a herootk deck i 2-0ed before. he sacked with shadow/macro and super poly when i droped dad and had my eradicator set.. 

this is what i used http://i.imgur.com/CtDgBIo.png

compuls was fucking amazing today. and i found out that i dont really need 2 calls. 1 is ok

ur list is pretty good ;) i ll test it

mwnhydropump19

mwnhydropump19

blastoise goes hard

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

do you guys just not run upstart because of no room?

kimoneos001

kimoneos001

Plain Old Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

do you guys just not run upstart because of no room?

yea its because i dont have room.

and because 1stly i dont wanna give lps to my opponent, cause i most of the times win with otks when i clear the field

and 2ndly i would prefere to run a trap card in that space. 12 spells are good for 2 monks i guess. 

but i really wanna fit my 3 super upstarts for european

Justin.

Justin.

#Success.

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1487 posts

My question is, why are you all electing to play Threatening over Waboku? Waboku just seems a lot better as it shuts off Dracossack's second effect.

herbie ✌

herbie ✌

Boned your girl last night

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1014 posts

My question is, why are you all electing to play Threatening over Waboku? Waboku just seems a lot better as it shuts off Dracossack's second effect.

Well you're right, and the only answer is that  they're not running it because they're running the deck wrong.

kimoneos001

kimoneos001

Plain Old Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Well you're right, and the only answer is that  they're not running it because they're running the deck wrong.

well i run 3 and 2. but i think the best is 2 and 2 so that i could fit x2 compuls.

not 3 waboku. cause there are cards like gbs/tiras/zenmaines etc that will do effect ;)

i ve once lost from a zenmaines because i had waboku and not threatening :/  

but if i had to use only three copies i would use 3 waboku obv instead of 3 threatening...

game 2/3 i side out 3 threatening for 3 walls anywayz

mwnhydropump19

mwnhydropump19

blastoise goes hard

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

waboku also sucks vs mermail.t roar is where its is at to me.

Justin.

Justin.

#Success.

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1487 posts

waboku also sucks vs mermail.t roar is where its is at to me.

But both cards basically do the exact same thing against the deck. If you're seriously saying that you like Roar better so they can't crash Linde then something is seriously wrong. With them crashing Linde, they're in a bad spot. They're giving up their battle phase just to get a bigger monster out, and once they do crash, you can just use Waboku. Like I seriously don't get your thought process at all.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Dragonfly is still broken, inzektor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users