Welcome to DuelistGroundz
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Couple of questions

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Kichwa Tembo

Kichwa Tembo

Knight of the Abyss

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
Hey guys, as I skimmed through the rulings' topics I found a couple of things I would like clarified, mostly for the sake of reference.

1. How do the extra normal summon effects work? For example, what does exactly Heavy Infantry's "You can only gain this effect once per turn" mean? I am 99% sure that it doesn't go with the card, meaning two Infantry -> two extra summons. Are there any other cases where this does happen (new Constellar or Firedance shit) or is it all the same?

2.Player A has Rai-Oh face-up and Player B activates Card Destruction with Snoww and Grapha in hand. How does the chain form? Is it possible to search with Snoww or is it never placed on the chain?

Urthor

Urthor

Now with 20% less Sith

• +Necro Moderoid
  • 11738 posts
1) For any of the cards with the same text as Heavy infantry, such as Ninishi, Constellar Leonis, whatever, you can only gain one extra normal summon off that text per turn. Even if you say have Leonis AND heavy infantry, you only get one bonus summon.

2) Player B discards Snoww and Grapha, since both would trigger you normally enter SEGOC, however Snoww cannot activate since effects cannot be activated if they are unable to resolve, even though TK is about to be destroyed as soon as the chain ends.

Kichwa Tembo

Kichwa Tembo

Knight of the Abyss

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts

2) Player B discards Snoww and Grapha, since both would trigger you normally enter SEGOC, however Snoww cannot activate since effects cannot be activated if they are unable to resolve, even though TK is about to be destroyed as soon as the chain ends.

So,the chain is just CL1: Grapha? It is either that or by making Grapha CL2 Rai-Oh would be destroyed before Snoww resolved.

Urthor

Urthor

Now with 20% less Sith

• +Necro Moderoid
  • 11738 posts
CL1 Grapha only

JackNBox

JackNBox

Underworld Duelist

• Loyalist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1341 posts
Incorrect I believe. Snoww's effect is a mandatory trigger.

Player B decides what order to place the effects on the chain, both are mandatory triggers.

The correct way to play it in order to get a search is:
CL1: Snoww
CL2: Grapha

Resovles in reverse, Grapha destroys TKR, and you are now able to search with Snoww.

Urthor

Urthor

Now with 20% less Sith

• +Necro Moderoid
  • 11738 posts
JackNBox, just because something is mandatory doesn't mean it gets activated. If something that forbids it's activation is in effect, Soul Drain vs the Atlanteans being a relevant recent example, then it doesn't get activated and put on a chain even though the requirement is met.

JackNBox

JackNBox

Underworld Duelist

• Loyalist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1341 posts
Thunder King Rai-Oh does nothing to prevent activations however. That's the difference.

Urthor

Urthor

Now with 20% less Sith

• +Necro Moderoid
  • 11738 posts
Doh

Shows you the last time I actually sat down and read TK lol, I thought I had it's effect memorised.

Kichwa Tembo

Kichwa Tembo

Knight of the Abyss

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Incorrect I believe. Snoww's effect is a mandatory trigger.

Player B decides what order to place the effects on the chain, both are mandatory triggers.

The correct way to play it in order to get a search is:
CL1: Snoww
CL2: Grapha

Resovles in reverse, Grapha destroys TKR, and you are now able to search with Snoww.

Ok,I see, so this is the correct answer and the key is that Snoww is mandatory.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users