Welcome to DuelistGroundz
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

YCS Seattle Top 64 Report

Beat Joe Giolando Tyler Tabma

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

SangPoH

SangPoH

Mastermind J

• Duelist
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
This is a summary of YCS Tacoma. I got 47th after round 10 in YCS lost on the bubble though. 7-3 Record but props to team mate Chancy Wigglestove for top 16!
Brief Recap of YCS Tacoma Matches and Pros and Cons for my first YCS. The deck I used was Merlanteans with the genex undine built. I was really scared going into my first major event since I never been to one as they were all so far from my home town. Honestly, Tabman and Giorlando were very good players I'm pretty sure I just scraped by with a better hand or luck. Nonetheless playing against circuit players really helped improve my game whether in making the right choices for siding or strategizing my moves.

Here is the deck list

Monsters (23)
1X Moulinglacia the Elemental Lord
2X Mermail Abyssmegalo
2X Mermail Abysspike
2X Mermail Abysslinde
1X Tragoedia
3X Atlantean Dragoons
3X Atlantean Marksman
2X Atlantean Heavy Infantry
3X Genex Undine
2X Genex Controller
2X Deep Sea Diva

Spells (11)
2X Mystical Space Typhoon
1X Allure of Darkness
1X Monster Reborn
1X Dark Hole
2X Salvages
1X Pot of Avarice
1X Heavy Storm
1X Mind Control
1X Creature Swap

Spells (7)
2X Abyss-Sphere (should be three but i messed up)
1X Ultimate offering
2X Torrential Tribute
2X Mirror Force

Round 1: Me (Merlanteans) V.S. Lewis (Lightsworn Twilight guy)

Fair enough start of the match I lost the dice roll

Game 1: He opened with three solar recharges and a charge. I couldn’t draw anything good for the next two turns.
Game 2: He top decks a BLS and has decree on field I summon controller and creature swapped it for game.
Game 3: I opened with Megalo, two dragoons in hand and an undine. Brought out moulinglacia in turn two.

1-0

Round 2: Me (Merlanteans) V.S. Joe Riveria (Watts Chaos)

Game 1: He opened Watt Giraffe I basically just destroyed his backrow with marksman and got out megalo and then diva for game.
Game 2: He opened macro cosmos and then proceeds to drop maxx “c” on my special summons through diva I called him on it and lets him take it back but I still otk that turn. He’s a nice guy though apparently he has a youtube channel so check it out!

2-0

Round 3: Me (Merlanteans) V.S. Red hair kid (Wind-Ups)

Game 1: He open magician and shark. With two factories. Enough said.
Game 2: I manage to grind down the game with a bad hand and took the game when I got out diva and he had an open field with banished rabbits and two backrows but I had to gamble on it.
Game 3: Seriously, magician and shark again….wtf…

2-1

Round 4: Me (Merlanteans) V.S. Tyler Tabman (Wind-Ups)

Game 1: He started with the infamous magician and shark combo. Had a field of zenmighty, papilloperative, and a shock master…thank god he called spells. I proceed to drop megalo and infantry on him however he warnings my megalo and with my minuses I couldn’t manage to grind it out.
Game 2: I opened undine and searched for megalo. He drops d. fissure but then I chained twister and then next turn I threw all my water cards down to seal the game.
Game 3: He opens thunder king and no back row. I mind control his thunder king summon marksman attack his lifepoints directly and brought out dragoon and Xyz his thunder king and my dragoon into abyss dweller (main purpose was to get dragoons eff not dweller) I searched for diva with dragoon and I set a compulse and a sphere. He couldn’t manage to overcome his loss from first round and next turn I dropped megalo after getting diva out and sealed the game!

3-1

Round 5: Me (Merlanteans) V.S. Spellbook Guy

Game 1: He sets a spellbook magician facedown. I thought he was playing geargia but I noticed the absence of backrows so I used marksman eff from megalo and popped the facedown. Then I searched for diva with the dragoon I dumped and proceeded to summon gungnir and pass turn. He plays secrets then power then I chain sphere and summon abysspike. Abysspike's eff is negated but the cost of discarding is a cost so as soon as he summoned temperance I popped it with heavy infantry's effect. He couldn't recover afterwards.
Game 2: He sets a facedown and it turns out to be apprentice magician. I keep drawing into spells and useless monsters until I got out undine and proceeded to search for moulinglacia after dumping dragoons.

4-1

Round 6: Me (Merlanteans) V.S. Joe Giorlando (Macro Rabbit)

By this I was at table 34 and I thought in my head why do I keep getting paired with ARG players lol
Game 1: Opened like boss however forgot to search sphere with megalo and he proceeds with darkhole and rescue rabbit. Misplay costed me the game.
Game 2: I set snowman and then set sphere he sets and during his main phase 2 I chained sphere and then he chains macro cosmos, I chain Decree and then proceed to dump linde and bring out abysspike and dump marksman popped his back row and attacked his kabazauls. No way was I going to let him make rabbit on me. He only had 3 cards in hand and I had already plused on him after searching for undine with pike’s eff.
Game 3: He opened strong however no rabbits fortunately. Half way through the grinding match he brought out zenmaines and sets 3 and flips macro cosmos. I had a snowman eater one backrow and one creature swap and a mst in my hand. I flipped my snowman eater targeting his zenmaines he lets it go (thank god no solemn warning) and I CREATURE SWAPPED my snowman and his zenmaines. That pretty much sealed the game and I kept poking him with his zenmaines.

5-1

Round 7: Me (Merlanteans) V.S. Dominique Eskridge (Macro Rabbit)

Game 1: Weird thing is he opened Dolkka on me and I couldn’t do anything basically and he had two back row.
Game 2: He sided in banisher of radiance! And I had MST….I was so stupid why didn’t I see this coming….sigh. Manage to grind to game three tho by attacking wih dragoons and marksman.
Game 3: He opened rabbit again….and flips macro on my turn. ….Ya I was salty lol

5-2 (well props to him for making top 8 though)

Round 8: Mirror Match

Basically this is the final match to see who will make the top 128 to day two.
Game 1: I drew into controllers. Enough said.
Game 2: Opened strong and I dropped two dragoon for megalo then searched for Deep Sea Diva and moulinglacia. The I took out two cards from his hand with moulinglacia. By then he only had 3 cards and I discarded his megalo and undine.
Game 3: He shook his head and sets two, I had dragoons, marksman and megalo and an undine…..he halfway try to rule shark me admitting because he is on the bubble and wants to win I was like “It’s ok”…and then next turn I OTK him…lol

6-2

Round 9: Me (merlanteans) V.S. Karakuri Geargia

Game 1 &2: marksman did the job

7-2 (I was so nervous at this point just one more match then I can top 32 because my tie breaker was so good lol)

Round 10: Me (merlanteans) V.S. Wind-Up Guy

Game 1: Magician and Shark….wtf. He calls spells but I had only dark hole, mst, salvage TT and a controller…sigh
Game 2: I opened undine dumped dragoon searched for megalo then dumped a heavy infantry and dragoon for megalo and searched via dragoon for moulinglacia….he had a really slow hand so I proceed to hand rape and win.
Game 3: He opened tourguide I thought thank god then he plays factory and got out rabbit and showed me shark….I couldn’t come back even though I tried…sigh my dreams crushed lol

7-3

PROS: Teammate Chancy and friends from Van topping like Kevin Hubbard etc.
Meeting a lot of new and awesome players!!
Finishing 47 out of 800 players (63 out of 128 for day one)
Won Regional Flight Side event got my invites to Nats and my moulinglacia/grandsoil mat!!!

CONS: Losing on bubble……majorly sad

Final Thoughts: Ya I got greedy and wanted that prereg token so I didnt take a long time over the night to think about my deck list so I basically just ran two spheres instead of three.......I think this costed me the bubble match. So in 10 rounds of Swiss the three matches I lost to were against 2 wind-ups and 1 macro rabbit. Props to everyone that topped though. Good job!

Sorry if this report seems poorly written. This is my first topic and I'll make the next one better.

Thanks for the criticism :)

Chris Hentz

Chris Hentz

Brady Bunch 4 Lyfe

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5960 posts

Hey this is Sang Po Huang (Sean H.) From Team BEAT DOWN OTK

That is a really good team name

BoraxTheLean

BoraxTheLean

WAPAPAPAPOW

• +Ancient Moderoid
  • 3003 posts
This thread gave me cancer.

neptune

neptune

golden rubbers in these denim pockets

• »Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5823 posts
lol

Tartarga

Tartarga

Always lurking. Always watching

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Game 3: He opened strong however no rabbits fortunately. Half way through the grinding match he brought out zenmaines and sets 3 and flips macro cosmos. I had a snowman eater one backrow and one creature swap and a mst in my hand. I flipped my snowman eater targeting his zenmaines he lets it go (thank god no solemn warning) and I CREATURE SWAPPED my snowman and his zenmaines. That pretty much sealed the game and I kept poking him with his zenmaines.

my opponent ends up flipping a Snowman Eater to kill my Spirit Reaper and subsequently using Creature Swap to trade his Snowman Eater for my Wind-Up Zenmaines

I just wanted to point that

Oh and you don't "hand loop" with moulinglacia, unless there was a swap frog/compulsory/mist valley shaman or whatever involved.

D.E.N.N.I.S. frogman

D.E.N.N.I.S. frogman

D 4 DUELIST

• +Necro Moderoid
  • 11085 posts

He drops d. fissure but then I chained TWISTER!!! Never saw it coming

so... you could have had a dust tornado or an mst and done the exact same thing? yeah i sure bet tyler tabman never saw an mst or dust coming on his d fissure against water

Asura • The Fearful One

Asura • The Fearful One

bitches be tribbin

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3098 posts
Hey guys, making the top 64 of an event with a playoff cutoff at 32 is now an accomplishment! Brb, have to change my sig to get all my tops in there!

packdaddy

packdaddy

fat bitch whisperer

• Duelist
  • -456 posts

so... you could have had a dust tornado or an mst and done the exact same thing? yeah i sure bet tyler tabman never saw an mst or dust coming on his d fissure against water

CRYING

PROlinho

PROlinho

Im a random

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts

PROS: Teammate Squiddy and friends from locals topping

This explains the teamname i guess.

Sprinkles

Sprinkles

Knight of the Abyss

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts
youre a faggot for making this thread

SangPoH

SangPoH

Mastermind J

• Duelist
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

my opponent ends up flipping a Snowman Eater to kill my Spirit Reaper and subsequently using Creature Swap to trade his Snowman Eater for my Wind-Up Zenmaines

Oh and you don't "hand loop" with moulinglacia, unless there was a swap frog/compulsory/mist valley shaman or whatever involved.

I meant hand loop as in the two cards, by the way actual game was all he had was zenmaines why would you have spirit reaper face up if i have a facedown and backrow?

im telling the truth

youre a faggot for making this thread

thanks u too :)

i have sided two royal decree so i decided to change to twister instead of dust last minute because siding dust tornado and decree would conflict each other....

no one seriously expected twister and I didn't draw into my MST = =

Hey guys, making the top 64 of an event with a playoff cutoff at 32 is now an accomplishment! Brb, have to change my sig to get all my tops in there!

First YCS man ....im not those ppl who went multiple times just to lose on the bubble

BoraxTheLean

BoraxTheLean

WAPAPAPAPOW

• +Ancient Moderoid
  • 3003 posts
Holy crap you just quadruple posted.

Are you trying to make us hate you?

SangPoH

SangPoH

Mastermind J

• Duelist
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Considering how I quit for 6 years and came back to the game only april this year I'd say 7-3 losing on bubble and getting 47th out of around 800 people while beating two circuit players is actually ok....I dont know why you gotta hate on this thread man my friend made the title for me initially....

Thanks for rubbing salt on my bubble though it makes me feel that much better :)

Holy crap you just quadruple posted.

Are you trying to make us hate you?

no I couldnt log in and I was away for a long time...

Punpun

Punpun

♫ In the thunder and rain ♫

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
lol anyone notice the tags?

Naythin

Naythin

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1400 posts
I think more people should write tournament reports about non-existent accomplishments.

Hope everyone is looking forward to my report about me going 3-2 at my locals this Sunday.

SangPoH

SangPoH

Mastermind J

• Duelist
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

I think more people should write tournament reports about non-existent accomplishments.

Hope everyone is looking forward to my report about me going 3-2 at my locals this Sunday.

I topped all my locals how is YCS comparable to locals? Read through the whole report ok? this is a recap.

BoraxTheLean

BoraxTheLean

WAPAPAPAPOW

• +Ancient Moderoid
  • 3003 posts
*White Knight*

He is new to dg. His intentions were not to brag or be bad manner. He doesn't fully understand how the YGO community operates, nor all of our social standards. He'll learn.

Tartarga

Tartarga

Always lurking. Always watching

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

I meant hand loop as in the two cards, by the way actual game was all he had was zenmaines why would you have spirit reaper face up if i have a facedown and backrow?

im telling the truth

Do you know what a loop is? Using moulinglacia's eff is definitely not "looping"

SangPoH

SangPoH

Mastermind J

• Duelist
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

im telling the truth

Do you know what a loop is? Using moulinglacia's eff is definitely not "looping"

Yes I know pardon my poor english I edited the entire report. lol

Kevo

Kevo

I've got balls of steel

• Loyalist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2591 posts
Oh man... You're an awesome guy, but that report was fucking painful.

SangPoH

SangPoH

Mastermind J

• Duelist
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Oh man... You're an awesome guy, but that report was fucking painful.

lol thanks bud...sigh ya man such a noob on here

Squiddy

Squiddy

i neeootititiitititititititit41-123-13-=132-=0132-=031-=01=-9=-9

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1383 posts
good raport

teambeatdownOTK goin places =)

SangPoH

SangPoH

Mastermind J