Welcome to DuelistGroundz
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Elemental Dragons

• Please log in to reply
232 replies to this topic

Pharaoh ATM

Pharaoh ATM

The Ruler of Earl's Projects - Not Earl

• ~The Organization~
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3023 posts

59955_3759901370891_994465412_n.jpg25917_3759900970881_549562929_n.jpg582523_3759901450893_105028644_n.jpg734706_3759901170886_1460958003_n.jpg

Redox

You can banish 2 Dragon-Type or EARTH monsters from your hand or Graveyard, except this card; Special Summon this card from your hand or Graveyard. During your opponent's End Phase, if this card was Special Summoned: Return it to the hand. You can send this card and 1 other EARTH monster from your hand to the Graveyard to target 1 monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon that target. When this card is banished: Add 1 EARTH Dragon-Type monster from your Deck to your hand. You can only use 1 "Redox, the Rock Suppressor Dragon" effect per turn, and only once that turn.

Tidal

You can banish 2 Dragon-Type or WATER monsters from your hand or Graveyard, except this card; Special Summon this card from your hand or Graveyard. During your opponent's End Phase, if this card was Special Summoned: Return it to the hand. You can send this card and 1 other WATER monster from your hand to the Graveyard; send 1 monster from your Deck to the Graveyard. When this card is banished: Add 1 WATER Dragon-Type monster from your Deck to your hand. You can only use 1 "Tidal, the Waterfall Suppressor Dragon" effect per turn, and only once that turn.

Blaster

You can banish 2 Dragon-Type or FIRE monsters from your hand or Graveyard, except this card; Special Summon this card from your hand or Graveyard. During your opponent's End Phase, if this card was Special Summoned: Return it to the hand. You can send this card and 1 other FIRE monster from your hand to the Graveyard to target 1 card on the field; destroy that target. When this card is banished: Add 1 FIRE Dragon-Type monster from your Deck to your hand. You can only use 1 "Blaster, the Flame Suppressor Dragon" effect per turn, and only once that turn.

Tempest

You can banish 2 Dragon-Type or WIND monsters from your hand or Graveyard, except this card; Special Summon this card from your hand or Graveyard. During your opponent's End Phase, if this card was Special Summoned: Return it to the hand. You can send this card and 1 other WIND monster from your hand to the Graveyard; add 1 Dragon-Type monster from your Deck to your hand. When this card is banished: Add 1 WIND Dragon-Type monster from your Deck to your hand. You can only use 1 "Tempest, the Storm Suppressor Dragon" effect per turn, and only once that turn.

Names are pending, they're in order from left to right. AKA Series 8 elements. I just wanted to make a seperate thread for this shit.

Redox, upon closer inspection, is more than Monster Reborn. For Earth decks, he's also a Double Summon on crack that charges the grave, assuming you have shit in grave. Madolche get Hootcake fodder, Messengelato boosts, 1-turn Tiaramisu. Rock Stun gets Block Golem setups consistently. Gadgets get a Double Summon on crack, what more do you need, other than the Rank 7 shit with Fortress? Somewhat the same for Geargia. You can now go Gigant in one turn without Accel, or set up multiple armors on turn one if you have Arsenal + Armor in hand. Karakuri can now shitout Burai for absurd draw/search shit more efficiently and end with Rank 7s en masse.

Tidal...eh. Foolish + Discard Cost. Fuels Nimbles and Fishborgs, gives Banishfrogs an additional dump, fires off Atlanteans, etc. Honestly haven't come up with as many stupid things for this deck right now, but hey. NIMBLE BORGS. Though, Friller Rabca's cute and Poseidra won't come into your hand, I guess. Not sure if that'd count for anything though. But hey. This guy's a 2.6k beater.

Blaster's basically a living Raigeki Break. Lavals can now run Sarc x3 with impunity thanks to Blaster and Cannon, which is pretty cool. Blaster also lets the deck shoot off a Laval to make a set Maiden live while blowing up an opponent's card. Fire Kings can trigger their effects more regularly with Blaster, and Blaster's revival capabilities mitigate the impact of Garunix' eff if you ever need to push hard for game. Hand cost's still a bit steep, yeah, but Cycle is more live now when it comes to summoning your big guns, I guess? You could also dump something to make Wolfberk live, so that's an alternative.

Tempest? REDMD/Dragunity searches. Dragunity basically has a better Atum loop now. Tempest can also search Dragunity Dark Spear, which translates to any Winged-Beast in grave, and it also searches Debris Dragon for quick Xyz. Dragon-type also means you can use it in Apex.dek as a second boss and a form of removal with Super Trans. If they kill the Super Trans after this hits the field, Tempest searches itself, if they don't, Divine Wind nets you an extra monster.

And of course all of them are decent bosses once your engine runs its course. Except Redox. He can't kill anything for shit.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. Anything I'm missing/haven't come up with yet?

mainestroke

mainestroke

Knight of the Abyss

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Yah, Blaster's good.

Edit: Broken :D

iDunnoBro

iDunnoBro

Ohh...

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1582 posts

They're great as support for all the element decks coming out lately. Almost too good perhaps?

But I wish i could get them to work as pure... They just don't maintain resources well, even if they're super consistent. 

Pharaoh ATM

Pharaoh ATM

• ~The Organization~
  • 3023 posts

Rich and Gagaga have gotten pure/pseudo-pure to work.

Also, Blaster's like the 2nd least broken of the bunch. Redox and Tempest are arguably more disgusting in their combo capabilities and Tidal is potentially nuts in Nimble variations.

Miss Click

Miss Click

Fantasia!

• Moderoid
  • 3239 posts

I wonder if it is viable to smash all these in together into one deck with fuck-loads of Mill and 3 copies of  http://yugioh.wikia....he_Seven_Stars. It'd either be inconsistent as all hell or beyond retarded. 

goldYJTYJ

goldYJTYJ

A Good Friend Of The Red-Eyes Familie

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

love them <3

Now its just have to make a consistent good deck with them :D

iDunnoBro

iDunnoBro

Ohh...

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1582 posts

I wonder if it is viable to smash all these in together into one deck with fuck-loads of Mill and 3 copies of  http://yugioh.wikia....he_Seven_Stars. It'd either be inconsistent as all hell or beyond retarded. 

Consistency is the easy part, you got ridic amounts of search. All you really gotta do is mill, but imo the deck is fragile on hand advantage and can't dedicate much in the way of s/t support. 

I'd love to see these alleged "working" pure versions. 

NeoArkadia

NeoArkadia

II - The Masquerade

• ~The Organization~
  • 3340 posts

But I wish i could get them to work as pure... They just don't maintain resources well, even if they're super consistent. 

Likely to be less of an issue with their Level 4 counterparts coming out next month.

Tempest? REDMD/Dragunity searches. Dragunity basically has a better Atum loop now. Tempest can also search Dragunity Dark Spear, which translates to any Winged-Beast in grave, and it also searches Debris Dragon for quick Xyz. Dragon-type also means you can use it in Apex.dek as a second boss and a form of removal with Super Trans. If they kill the Super Trans after this hits the field, Tempest searches itself, if they don't, Divine Wind nets you an extra monster.

Tempest also can freely pop itself out for Harpie Channeler to let you access any generic Rank 7. Also sets up Dragossack in Genjyuuki. Nothing huge per say, but likely it's purposes there with those guys.

I wonder if it is viable to smash all these in together into one deck with fuck-loads of Mill and 3 copies of  http://yugioh.wikia....he_Seven_Stars. It'd either be inconsistent as all hell or beyond retarded. 

Hilariously, that's what Konmai seems to be recommending.

Pharaoh ATM

Pharaoh ATM

• ~The Organization~
  • 3023 posts

Or you could just use Sarc + Discard costs. >_>;;

victor

victor

Heavenly Almighty Duelist

• »Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6482 posts

300px-Fortune%27sFutureSOVR-EN-SR-1E.jpg300px-FortuneLadyWindSOVR-EN-R-1E.jpg

I really think Fortune's Future is pretty insane in Elemental Dragons.

I'm just mentioning Wind because it is live in your hand as a mini-Breaker, but Water and Fire apply as well. If drawn, they can be used for discard costs, etc.

Fortune's Future is Pot of Greed and Foolish Burial in one.

Even Gold Sarc + FF is a 2 for 2 that digs into your deck, sends a Fortune Lady to grave and makes Banishing for Elemental Dragon Summon, and future Fortune's Futures live. And those are Pot of Greed.

im'a beetle!!

im'a beetle!!

Borobudur - Is that flavor text bro?

• Duelist
  • 4958 posts

Are you retarded. They are the resources that maintain themselves. Unless you only count advantage in this deck by your hand + field size you almost always have at least 5 cards. And I never use their hand effects except for once and a long while, thats what Rich's deck does.

S3xta_Espada

S3xta_Espada

Let's go chuck some bullets at them grubs.

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1302 posts

I'm going to love the shit out of Blaster in Evols.

Pharaoh ATM

Pharaoh ATM

• ~The Organization~
  • 3023 posts

I honestly forgot they could banish each other from the hand for a sec. >_>;;

Banishing them from grave for each other is a nice tactic seeing how it lets you bolster your resource pool faster. And since they don't really care about hand/grave counts, you could really run shit with discard costs like Raigeki Break to control the field while constantly banishing them for beatdown. It's honestly kinda cool.

So many bloody possibilities with these things.

Oy, Gagaga, I have no bloody idea who you were aiming that statement at.

dexer008

dexer008

Ground Duelist

• Duelist
  • 2442 posts

Holy shit, these cards are insane! I want to try all of them, particular the earth and water.

im'a beetle!!

im'a beetle!!

• Duelist
  • 4958 posts

I honestly forgot they could banish each other from the hand for a sec. >_>;;

Banishing them from grave for each other is a nice tactic seeing how it lets you bolster your resource pool faster. And since they don't really care about hand/grave counts, you could really run shit with discard costs like Raigeki Break to control the field while constantly banishing them for beatdown. It's honestly kinda cool.

So many bloody possibilities with these things.

Oy, Gagaga, I have no bloody idea who you were aiming that statement at.

I dunno who bro. :/

Draigun

Draigun

Taking The Risks That You Fear Most

• +Ancient Moderoid
  • 10276 posts

Although I'm using only 3 of the 4 (all except Tidal), these guys pretty much made the concept of Disaster faster and stronger.

I've already started investing in a couple cards out now that get really good when they arrive, one of which has already been mentioned (Gold Sarco), the other is a Rank 4 Xyz.

Exiled

Exiled

The Forbidden One

• »Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34044 posts

Although I'm using only 3 of the 4 (all except Tidal), these guys pretty much made the concept of Disaster faster and stronger.

I've already started investing in a couple cards out now that get really good when they arrive, one of which has already been mentioned (Gold Sarco), the other is a Rank 4 Xyz.

Queen Djinn?

im'a beetle!!

im'a beetle!!

• Duelist
  • 4958 posts

Yes, Debris + Golem Dragon

Also, 

Draigun

Draigun

• +Ancient Moderoid
  • 10276 posts

Queen Djinn?

Exactly. She makes easy Big Eye plays without having to banish so much out of the grave/hand and if she goes down w/ no way for REDMD to bring her back, banishing Queen doesn't hurt.

NeoArkadia

NeoArkadia

II - The Masquerade

• ~The Organization~
  • 3340 posts

300px-FuhRinKaZan-AP01-EN-C-UE.png

This seems fun, but I'm not sure how easy or difficult it would be to get every attribute onto the field with this Deck. :/ Though considering the holy shit from the dragons, this might be Winmoar.

Meanwhile:

Reactan the Earth Dragon
4 Stars/EARTH/Dragon-Type - Effect/1800 ATK/1200 DEF
You can discard to the Graveyard this card and 1 EARTH or Dragon-Type monster; Special Summon 1 "Redox the Rock Dragon" from your Deck  If you do, that monster cannot attack during this turn. You can only use the effect of "Reactan the Earth Dragon" once per turn.

Stream the Water Dragon
4 Stars/WATER/Dragon-Type - Effect/1600 ATK/2000 DEF
You can discard to the Graveyard this card and 1 WATER or Dragon-Type monster; Special Summon 1 "Tidal the Waterfall Dragon" from your Deck  If you do, that monster cannot attack during this turn. You can only use the effect of "Stream the Water Dragon" once per turn.

Continuous Trap

Continuous Trap

• Loyalist
  • 3627 posts

Hey so can I mix and match when I banish? Like 1 ATTRIBUTE and 1 Dragon or is it: 2 Dragons -or- 2 Certain-Attribute?

Draigun

Draigun

• +Ancient Moderoid
  • 10276 posts

Hey so can I mix and match when I banish? Like 1 ATTRIBUTE and 1 Dragon or is it: 2 Dragons -or- 2 Certain-Attribute?

The only thing you can mix & match for banishing is location. It has to be 2 Dragons or 2 of Attribute but it can be 1 from hand and 1 from grave.

Dawgy

Dawgy

"Yours forever more."

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1423 posts

I honestly think the Water one is really really strong because of the decks it can be played in, and how he basically sets himself up to special summon himself next turn after Foolishing a WATER Monster. I think that, combined with his potential application as a graveyard manipulator for Moulinglacia, makes him really strong.

NeoArkadia

NeoArkadia

II - The Masquerade

• ~The Organization~
  • 3340 posts

The only thing you can mix & match for banishing is location. It has to be 2 Dragons or 2 of Attribute but it can be 1 from hand and 1 from grave.

We're not sure on that. The Japanese is f'ing retarded on how it's worded with a fair number of LTGY's cards, and is really really vague.

Draigun

Draigun

• +Ancient Moderoid
  • 10276 posts

welp, better to wait a week and get some clarity

this can at least take our minds off the incoming insanity that is the upcoming F/L list

NeoArkadia

NeoArkadia

II - The Masquerade

• ~The Organization~
  • 3340 posts

2 Weeks. While there's a sneak peek in Japan on the 9th-10th, the Konami phonelines refuse to answer questions until the street date (the 16th).

Canadian

Canadian

Knight of the Abyss

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts

300px-GoldSarcophagus-LCYW-EN-C-1E.jpg300px-Necroface-CRMS-EN-SR-LE.png

So I came across this idea as a one-of in the all-Dragon version of the Elemental Dragons deck. It basically becomes a banishing Future Fusion-esque play with a really good chance to hit one of your 12 Dragons netting huge advantage.

Not to mention, Necroface on its own is hardly bad at all.

It can recycle for Dragons lategame when you need to search them out. It can potentially act as a giant beater (especially if added via Gold Sarc).

And a very useful aspect is if you Gold Sarc turn 1 for Necroface, you can know exactly what deck your opponent is playing by mill-banishing them for 5 (if not, hopefully you hit their staples!).

im'a beetle!!

im'a beetle!!

• Duelist
  • 4958 posts

^ That knowing what deck they are playing thing is true and nice but Gold Sarc, as you know, also gets all your dragons effs off too. You could either go for consistency or you could go for the luck based +1. I know my version is different from everyone elses but when I tested it the card was either not worth it to summon (rather summon Drago or LaDD instead). Maybe my deck was still shitty but the main merit for this card in a pure build is that it recycles back your cards which helps immenselly in long(er) games where you can easily go through resources, based on your hand, which can put you in a bad position so as to let your opponent just win. On the other hand besides that, if your expecting your deck to win faster, like CD, then all its really going to serve as is a beater most games, and even so only like a 2400 beater, which is much but not too much especially if it conflicts with DDR and such.

It is a good card in the deck and the seeing your opponents deck thing is important but I don't think I'd play it for much then that. :/ meh

Mars

Mars

Oh hey guys, what's going on here?

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts

300px-GoldSarcophagus-LCYW-EN-C-1E.jpg300px-Necroface-CRMS-EN-SR-LE.png

So I came across this idea as a one-of in the all-Dragon version of the Elemental Dragons deck. It basically becomes a banishing Future Fusion-esque play with a really good chance to hit one of your 12 Dragons netting huge advantage.

Not to mention, Necroface on its own is hardly bad at all.

It can recycle for Dragons lategame when you need to search them out. It can potentially act as a giant beater (especially if added via Gold Sarc).

And a very useful aspect is if you Gold Sarc turn 1 for Necroface, you can know exactly what deck your opponent is playing by mill-banishing them for 5 (if not, hopefully you hit their staples!).

A friend of mine crunched the numbers on Necroface a while back. Our conclusion was that the vast majority of the time, you might as well just Sarc out an Incarnate of your choice. It does little for explosiveness and nothing for consistency.

Canadian

Canadian

Knight of the Abyss

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts

I figure I should share this video. Shows some cool applications and combos with the Dragons.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExEbvu94k8s

And this is also probably one of the greatest duels you will ever see.

Vice Captain Sanada

Vice Captain Sanada

i like when naruto uses rasengan

• Loyalist
  • 2499 posts
Redox its absolutely nuts in rock stun, he adds so much consistency to block golem, and he also serves as a end all monster after you kill all their resources with your koaki meiru monsters

Continuous Trap

Continuous Trap

• Loyalist
  • 3627 posts

So, I've been using this in a focused build:

DimensionGate-CBLZ-EN-C-1E.png

Now, while I'm not a fan of these types of "do-almost-nothing"cards, the fact that I can chain it to monster destruction effects to both protect+search or just have them waste s/t removal on it....its pretty nice. 

Sanjura

Sanjura

Sack(ed)jura

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5694 posts

I figure I should share this video. Shows some cool applications and combos with the Dragons.

holy shit that is a lot of big eyes

goldYJTYJ

goldYJTYJ

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

holy shit that is a lot of big eyes

It happens more then you think.

The last 3 games i played with the card, i got atleast 2 big eye out on the field each game. :/

ChesterWinchester

ChesterWinchester

#legendary

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 566 posts

That was fucking insane.

Jeff Jones

Jeff Jones

G:ood A:t Y:ugioh

• +Ancient Moderoid
  • 7081 posts

Wait... so you can Banish 1 Dragon and 1 Element for the Dragons? Not just 2 or 2 of the specific?

goldYJTYJ

goldYJTYJ

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Wait... so you can Banish 1 Dragon and 1 Element for the Dragons? Not just 2 or 2 of the specific?

Yes, it says "and/or".

Jeff Jones

Jeff Jones

G:ood A:t Y:ugioh

• +Ancient Moderoid
  • 7081 posts

Okay, these cards didnt interest me before. Now they do.

Pharaoh ATM

Pharaoh ATM

• ~The Organization~
  • 3023 posts
Dimension gate's actually pretty insane here. Nice find.

Continuous Trap

Continuous Trap

• Loyalist
  • 3627 posts

Yeah, it also can reset the special summon timer, I like it. 

still its one of those cards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users