Welcome to DuelistGroundz
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Prophecy, Spellbook for YCS miami

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

TierZer0

TierZer0

Padawan

• Duelist
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hi Guys, Would appreciate r/f on this deck, I'm thinking of using it at YCS Miami.

For those of you who like visuals: 
The Deck in action:                       

2x Apprentice Magician
2x Breaker the Magical Warrior
2x Effect Veiler
3x High Priestess of Prophecy

2x Justice of Prophecy
3x Spellbook Magician of Prophecy
2x Temperance of Prophecy
2x Tragoedia

1x Dark Hole
1x Heavy Storm
1x Monster Reborn
2x Spellbook of Eternity
2x Spellbook of Fate
1x Spellbook of Life
3x Spellbook of Power

3x Spellbook of Secrets
2x Spellbook of the Master
2x Spellbook of Wisdom
2x The Grand Spellbook Tower

2x Threatening Roar

I'm pretty much set for the extra deck, but suggestions for the side would also be nice.

packdaddy

packdaddy

fat bitch whisperer

• Duelist
  • -456 posts

Why 2 Eternity and 2 Tower over 3 Master and 3 Wisdom? You can use Master (imo the best card in the deck besides Priestess) to copy Eternity once in Grave and you can banish Tower with Fate to grab it again with Eternity...

Apprentice? Threatening Roar? 2 Justice? All seem like pretty sub-par choices for me. I think you need Maxx C.

I'd drop both Apprentice for a third Justice and a Maxx C. The Roars for Torrentials and then add Dualities, I like Duality/42 in this deck since it thins so quickly.

Gotta side Decrees for sure, definitely MSTs, as things like Cosmos/Fissure/Imperial Iron Wall completely wreck the deck

Donnie

Donnie

マーベラス

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4570 posts

I'd agree that you should be playing 3 Wisdom, with Priestess/Breaker it lets you push through your opponents backrow, but in regards to 2 Eternity/3 Master, I'd definitely play 3 Master before 2 Eternity, but I'm not a fan of either.

TierZer0

TierZer0

Padawan

• Duelist
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Thanks guys, I'll definitely try these out, as for my reasoning behind my numbers. I find tower hard to get back if its been destroyed particularly late game, if I'm lacking either fate or eternity. I will however try reducing my count. Your definitely right about Master/wisdom though, il swap it for an eternity, the only problem is finding my self without a spellcaster. 

Apprentice I find gives me another first turn play however I'm not particularly fond of it.

I don't find 3 justice too easy to use, as well as I have 3 targets for Both justice and Temperance, and that's if I haven't drawn a Priestess.

Threatening Roar I'm finding amazing at the moment, to be honest. I love its chain-ability especially against mermails where they just pop your Torrential, as well as against fire fists, not letting them inflict damage and therefore get mad pluses. It draws your opponent into overplaying in order to attack for game, letting me sweep through their field with a Priestess next turn.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users