Welcome to DuelistGroundz
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

DevPro

• Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic

kingkhaled

kingkhaled

die

• Duelist
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Apologies if this has been posted before, I scanned the past couple of pages and I didn't see a topic about this.

DevPro is an implementation by a team of programmers that have created a server and pairing system for the automated program "YGOPro". It's very well done, and they've recently upgraded their servers. There are two main servers, US and EU, and generally on each server you get 400 users during prime time simultaneously. 

This is the link to the main site:

http://devpro.org/

From there you can find download links to the program itself. I would recommend that you all give this a try, it is a great relief to not have to bring in admins over ruling issues since everything is automated. It is very simple to record too, since there is a replay function.

im'a beetle!!

im'a beetle!!

Borobudur - Is that flavor text bro?

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4967 posts

I play this once and a while as well as Storm Wolf.

kingkhaled

kingkhaled

die

• Duelist
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

I personally use it for the ease of playing combo-oriented decks such as Infernity. Infernity is a pain to play on DN due to the numerous combos you go through. So is Gishki, one of my other favorite decks. 

Squiddy

Squiddy

i neeootititiitititititititit41-123-13-=132-=0132-=031-=01=-9=-9

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

how do u not find games wit 55 cart deck opponents sry just not my cup of lemon 

Pharaoh Atem

Pharaoh Atem

The Ruler of Benevolence - Your Translator

• ~+-Superior of the In-Between-+~
  • 20604 posts

7 user(s) are reading this topic

6 members, 0 guests, 1 anonymous users

~+-Pharaoh Atem-+~, Aurian, ~NeoArkadia~*, tcamp006, Gagaga Magician, +Jeff Jones, ~kahu~

Ark, Kahu, field this one for me.

NeoArkadia

NeoArkadia

II - The Masquerade

• ~The Organization~
  • 3725 posts

I'd like them better if they didn't have a "ME FIRST" additude on uploading every shitty scan we get from V-Jump/Saikyo Jump/Weekly Jump that has no rulings.

Edit: Kay, boss.

kingkhaled

kingkhaled

die

• Duelist
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

how do u not find games wit 55 cart deck opponents sry just not my cup of lemon 

There is a rated mode now, the decks played in that section are generally competitive. There's been a steady rise of the # good players, at least in my observations. 

Kahu

Kahu

The Ruler of Earl's Projects - Not Earl

• ~The Organization~
  • 3131 posts
Automation brings in a few problems.

One: No shortcuts.
Two: Ruling derps still exist in the form of programming errors. Only now you can't do anything about it in-game, and are forced
to follow the game's code.

DevPro also has an issue with consistency.
Their translation quality has been all over the place. They add cards early without rulings or accurate data. Which leads to problems of cards and combos functioning differently than they're ultimately supposed to, faulty assumptions on behalf of the userbase, etc. There have also been numerous cases of things not working rhe way they're supposed to, either due to a bug or improperly coded stuff. There's a reason Earl and the rest of the org's been keeping the new cards off DN. Especially with all the idiotic hotline rulings, contradictory database rulings and PSCT, and awkwardly worded shit going around these days.

If you're going to use shit that isn't DN for competitive testing, I'd honestly just use Percival's independant build of YGOPro. I've seen much better quality standards placed on it and he doesn't seem to suffer nearly as much from the "We must beat DN" mentality that plagues DevPro and makes them do stupid shit.

kingkhaled

kingkhaled

die

• Duelist
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

I have Percival's build myself for testing over LAN or a VPN. I just prefer the automated aspect of the game rather than DN's open-ended gameplay. DN is a bit frustrating to play at night when there are no admins on and you have to wait 20 minutes for one. I generally can't get any game play during the daytime because of my schedule, and I'd rather not spend it waiting on admins :\

Getting gameplay on a VPN is only useful with people you know, so if I just want a few pickup games it's either DN or DevPro.

NeoArkadia

NeoArkadia

II - The Masquerade

• ~The Organization~
  • 3725 posts

Their translation quality has been all over the place. They add cards early without rulings or accurate data. Which leads to problems of cards and combos functioning differently than they're ultimately supposed to, faulty assumptions on behalf of the userbase, etc. There have also been numerous cases of things not working rhe way they're supposed to, either due to a bug or improperly coded stuff. There's a reason Earl and the rest of the org's been keeping the new cards off DN. Especially with all the idiotic hotline rulings, contradictory database rulings and PSCT, and awkwardly worded shit going around these days.

This is my main beef with DevPro. Their YGOPro is easiily the most user friendly I've seen in terms of handling. On the other hand, their "put stuff in" policy offends me, especially with the rulings hell LTGY is bound to result in.

I have Percival's build myself for testing over LAN or a VPN. I just prefer the automated aspect of the game rather than DN's open-ended gameplay. DN is a bit frustrating to play at night when there are no admins on and you have to wait 20 minutes for one. I generally can't get any game play during the daytime because of my schedule, and I'd rather not spend it waiting on admins :\

This is why DN needs better means of allowing you to stay in a friend circle.

Pharaoh Atem

Pharaoh Atem

The Ruler of Benevolence - Your Translator

• ~+-Superior of the In-Between-+~
  • 20604 posts

And we've told DN to manage that.

Lack of automation can be coped with: automatic means of playing were always shredded by YVD in the past, which was non-automatic AND ugly.

Essentially, DN needs to be a YVD for a post-socialnetwork world.

rap-tan

rap-tan

just keeping warm

• +Necro Moderoid
  • 4866 posts

not gonna lie my first instinct when i briefly glanced at the op was "spambot"

but automation is really rather overrated and should be left to the vidya games

tsgreen

tsgreen

MRRGGLLGLE

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1887 posts

Honestly, If I can get games faster and more effeciently on dn, with faster play, and no probabilities of seeing shitty unconfirmed card text, why would I need this? Its a good idea, but I find dn much more convenient.

Storm Wolf

Storm Wolf

Ground Duelist

• Duelist
  • 4192 posts

The programmers from DevPro are capable of fixing card mistakes in a timely manner, though I do agree that they should test their updates more as there are occasional obvious glitches. If you really do not want to play against cards that have glitches, you can just choose to play TCG-mode, which is not an option available for DN for those who wish to play specific formats. As well as how people may avoid the certain card(s) if the glitches are well known.

Honestly, If I can get games faster and more effeciently on dn, with faster play, and no probabilities of seeing shitty unconfirmed card text, why would I need this? Its a good idea, but I find dn much more convenient.

Have you ever played on DevPro before? Games on DevPro go much faster than on DN. Flash and Shockwave have the tendency to lag or crash, while DevPro can go as fast as 40~60 FPS as long as one player is not stalling as it does not run on shitty Adobe. When using a card that searches from the deck, DevPro only shows you the selectable choices, and cards like Photon Sabre Tiger or Genex Undine that can only search for a certain card will just add it without you needing to dig through the entire deck. Not to mention that the built-in rulings save you time from waiting on admins to resolve rulings with ignorant players.

Given that the cards have no glitches, DevPro is also more efficient as a dueling simulator. It helps you practice playing the game properly by recognizing proper chain orders, rulings, and other specific things that are good to know for certain cards. It is true that the cards are not always programmed correctly, but those are only new cards that were not tested before release usually. Every card legal in the TCG that does not conflict with OCG rulings significantly, such as Swap Frog (which was recently fixed to follow the TCG rulings instead of OCG), currently works fine.

Of course, I have to concede that DN still has features that DevPro has not achieved yet. DN has the option to watch duels after they have started, where DevPro only lets you watch it before it starts. DN also is better for those with grandpa computers, or using public computers, as DN is browser-based. Since it is also manual, it lets you proxy cards that are not released yet.

I however believe that DevPro’s good points outweigh the bad. The extra features such as saving replays of duels, using your own customization instead of the unlockable ones exclusive to DN, Tag Dueling, Anime option, and much more that add more variety to the game. I am glad that DevPro is gaining publicity, and I would prefer if it were a legitimate option for wars so that I would not need to use DN as much.

Shmurda Seen

Shmurda Seen

Uzi

• Free Agent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5780 posts

I just want to know if I can solitare a deck on this shit.

Storm Wolf

Storm Wolf

Ground Duelist

• Duelist
  • 4192 posts

Yes, you can duel yourself.

Draigun

Draigun

Taking The Risks That You Fear Most

• +Ancient Moderoid
  • 10299 posts

I just got on there recently. While I do like that they have a system that allows a certain amount of time on turns, there are still a few bugs they have to work out.

kingkhaled

kingkhaled

die

• Duelist
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Easily. You can open two instances of YGOPro and duel yourself via LAN. I do it often to record replays if I can't get a good video off of someone else.

RyanG

RyanG

Padawan

• Duelist
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Easily. You can open two instances of YGOPro and duel yourself via LAN. I do it often to record replays if I can't get a good video off of someone else.

No need to use LAN. Just double click a room twice, lol.

Ultimate Buffalo

Ultimate Buffalo

Ground Duelist

• Duelist
  • 4491 posts

Yes, you can duel yourself.

Prob DL to use this forever alone.jpg

antwerpenaar

antwerpenaar

Plain Old Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

how do you activate quick effects during my dp or during opp turn on this program? Like with windup rabbit I never seem to be able to activate its effect on my opponents turn unless he actuvate something. But if he just set one pass I cant..

NeoArkadia

NeoArkadia

II - The Masquerade

• ~The Organization~
  • 3725 posts
I honestly don't think there is a way. Activating from my experience, requires you to be turn player or chaining.

SLBoy

SLBoy

Knight of the Abyss

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

how do you activate quick effects during my dp or during opp turn on this program? Like with windup rabbit I never seem to be able to activate its effect on my opponents turn unless he actuvate something. But if he just set one pass I cant..

Press "a" if you want to start a chain.

RyanG

RyanG

Padawan

• Duelist
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Hold left click to check for card activation , hold right click to ignore all activation pop up. Same can be done with the A and S button.

antwerpenaar

antwerpenaar

Plain Old Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

didnt know you could do that, gonna give it another try then because this was one of the reasons I stopped playing it

RyanG

RyanG

Padawan

• Duelist
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

didnt know you could do that, gonna give it another try then because this was one of the reasons I stopped playing it

Yeah man, i think they need to make a tutorial cover everything and stick it somewhere that you have to read it. I don't know that trick until somebody told me in game .

iDunnoBro

iDunnoBro

we 8chan now

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1650 posts
I know it's in the controls thingy, but the amount of people who don't understand how to chain stuff is still plentiful. I can't even remember how many times people tell me they don't like YGOpro because they can't prompt up their own treeborn or wind-up rabbit. Or that they don't like being prompted to chain everything like maxx "c" is really depressing.

At first i was like "lol noob" cause I'm an elitist jerk, then when someone asked me where it said how to fix that, i literally could not find it. I understand YGOpro is user-friendly as fuck, but i think something should be done about that... Maybe a "Tips" tab in the duel hosting room for people to read while they wait to make it easier to know? I dunno.

Anyway, I prefer Devpro a LOT. Even with the occasional glitches, i get so much more testing in with far less headache, i get on average 2.5 matches done on Devpro per DN match. Only problem is, i like to do most of my Yu-Gi-Oh! Stuff at work, and can't use devpro there... As a result, I'm on DN more often.

Also, to avoid the noobs, try playing TCG, Matches, and of course TCG Matches. Or just OCG, never tried that but i hear that's how people test the new stuff properly. It filters out almost all the super-noobs.

Donnie

Donnie

マーベラス

• Duelist
  • 4569 posts

A lot of the "issues" aired in this thread with DevPro are mostly with the new cards, however you won't encounter this when playing TCG, and if they added a new division, "Unreleased", or didn't add unreleased cards all together I think it'd be a fine replacement to DN. I doubt there are many coding errors with relevant stuff that people have been using, another big problem people listed. That being said unless they do this testing OCG decks will be a pain, because you have to deal with stuff that won't be released for another half year.

iDunnoBro

iDunnoBro

we 8chan now

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1650 posts
Personally, I think "unreleased" is a more worthwhile endeavor than anime. Though i understand anime format is pretty popular for casuals.

And yea, i only ever run into problems with OCG only/unreleased cards. I must've done a few hundred TCG Duels and never ran into any problem.

RyanG

RyanG

Padawan

• Duelist
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

2b_Mk_U.jpglol ^

2w3_Il.jpg

Miss Click

Miss Click

Exploratory Romp!

• Moderoid
  • 3756 posts

So I came across a complete faggot. 

I was just messing around on Dev (because fuck taking YGO seriously) and was playing a Rank Up Utopia deck while he was playing a degenerate Exodia FTK. I go first, have no plays, he goes, does a bunch of drawshit, my turn I manage to spam out a Utopia and a Utopia Victory with both ZW Equips. Leave him on 500 as I end, he draws and he quits. 

So I host another game, this time playing Photon/Galaxy. The same guy challenges me, we play RPS scissors three times I win and then he spurts out this.

"Wow. What a noob. Why do I have to fight against a nolifer noob everytime? That sucks so hard. Dude, get a life and don't fuck us up".

I proceed to kill him in the span of my first two turns with a NGEPD.  Satisfying to say the least. Jesus though, how much of the community is actually like this?  

Picture for reference

Spoiler

iDunnoBro

iDunnoBro

we 8chan now

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1650 posts

I rarely see those types of people... definitely less than on DN. And even when you do run into them, the time limit + auto play lets things go smoothly so you don't need to spend much time on them. So it's possible to just ignore them and play, unlike on DN. 

Ultimate Buffalo

Ultimate Buffalo

Ground Duelist

• Duelist
  • 4491 posts

just watching a game of turn 1 pure unadulterated skill. but eh this seems as dodgy too as dn, least u dont have to talk to retards .

shittyturn1sackedragon_zpsb23bb320.png

Storm Wolf

Storm Wolf

Ground Duelist

• Duelist
  • 4192 posts

At least on Dev you can mute your opponent.

Miss Click

Miss Click

Exploratory Romp!

• Moderoid
  • 3756 posts

just watching a game of turn 1 pure unadulterated skill. 

I'm confused, what is all that skillful about this image? I can only see the usual degenerate E-Dragon/L&DD bullshit but I might be missing something.

Nevermind. Hurr durr derp.

Ultimate Buffalo

Ultimate Buffalo

Ground Duelist

• Duelist
  • 4491 posts

I'm confused, what is all that skillful about this image? I can only see the usual degenerate E-Dragon/L&DD bullshit but I might be missing something.

basically that. guy goes Heavy storm 2 backrow discard eclipse get temp  SS tidal get back ladd dragosack foolish REDMD reborn darkness summon summon drop ladd. so yea was being sarcastic about how the game requires barely any skill these days. is funny how when you think back when winduploop / laggia set 4 was bullshit. 

Also Holy fuck does the music have to be always switched on when you log to a game it blasted me drums somewhat fierce.

Matticus

Matticus

Ground Duelist

• Duelist
  • 2595 posts

I think he was being sarcastic :V

Anyway, usename on devpro is the same as on here, so hmu if you want games. Usually host TCG only rooms though.

Neonian

Neonian

Superintendent God-Botherer

• ~The Organization~
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts

283b9a25_the_joke_your_head_3-28n1292804

Miss Click

Miss Click

Exploratory Romp!

• Moderoid
  • 3756 posts

I think he was being sarcastic :V

Anyway, usename on devpro is the same as on here, so hmu if you want games. Usually host TCG only rooms though.

Oh, goddamn. 

Needs more italics. 

different

different

Knight of the Abyss

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

I like devpro. I "think" when you go watch your replays it somehow cuts out all the waiting time you spend to make your decisions..My replay seems like 3x faster than the actual duel lol.

Also a question for those yugioh puzzles in the offline mode. Am I a bad duelist if I can't figure those out? Can't seem to easily figure out the fairy one..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users