Welcome to DuelistGroundz
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Dragunity/Tempest

Dragunity Tempest Elemental Dragon Discussion OCG Style

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

bluestar899

bluestar899

Trombe!

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Monsters

3 Dragunity Dux
3 Dragunity Phalanx
2 Dragunity Arma Mystletainn
2 Blackwing – Zephyros the Elite
2 Tempest, Elemental Dragon of Cyclones
1 Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon
1 Dragunity Arma Leyvaten
1 Garuda the Wind Spirit

Spells
3 Dragon Ravine
3 Terraforming
3 Gold Sarcophagus
2 Cards of Consonance
3 Mystical Space Typhoon
2 Night Beam
2 Forbidden Lance
1 Foolish Burial
1 Monster Reborn
1 Heavy Storm

Traps
2 Fiendish chain
1 Solemn Warning

1 Solemn Judgment

Extra Deck

3 Dragunity Knight – Vajrayana
1 Dragunity Knight – Gae Dearg

1 Trident Dragion
1 Stardust Dragon
1 Scrap Dragon
1 Crimson Blader
1 Beastlord Volcan
1 Gem-Knight Pearl
1 Hieratic Dragon King of Atum
1 Constellar Ptolemy M7
1 Photon Strike Bounzer
1 Gaia Dragon, the Thunder Charger

1 Number 107: Galaxy-Eyes Tachyon Dragon

Combos

Needs Ravine + BW Zeph in the hand

-Play Ravine and discard Zeph to get Phalanx to the hand.

-Bounce Ravine to summon Zeph and take 400.

-Play Ravine and discard Phalanx to get Dux, summon Dux and equip then special Phalanx.

-Tune Phalanx and Zeph to make Vajrayana, equip and special Phalanx.  Tune Phalanx with Dux to make another Vaj.  Equip and special Phalanx.

-Overlay both Vaj to make Hieratic Dragon King of Atum, detatch to summon REDMD from the deck.

-Have REDMD revive a Vaj and tune it with Phalanx to make a Level 8 Synchro (usually Stardust if you're going first).  You can either;

A) Overlay Atum into Thunder Charger and attack with your two monsters.

B) Set any backrow you have and pass turn with Ravine, Stardust Dragon, Atum, and 0/0 REDMD.  If the opponent cannot clear your two monsters (because you set protection) REDMD and Atum can summon more monsters which will allow you to win on that turn or make it damn near impossible for the opponent to crack your board.

Needs Mystletainn, Dux, BW Zeph in hand with a Phalanx in the grave and 2 Hieratic Dragon King of Atum

-Summon Dux, Equip Phalanx, send Phalanx to summon Mystletainn.  Equip and special Phalanx, tune with Dux to summon Gae Dearg.

-Search Garuda the Wind Spirit and discard BW Zeph with Dearg and overlay with Mystle to make Atum.  Detatch Gae Dearg to summon REDMD from deck.

-Have REDMD revive Phalanx and have Zeph bounce REDMD to summon itself, take 400.  Tune Phalanx and Zeph for Vajrayana, equip and special Phalanx.

-Remove Atum to summon REDMD.

-Banish a Dux to summon Garuda.  Tune it with Phalanx to summon another Vaj, equip and special Phalanx.

-Overlay both Vaj to make another Atum.  Detatch to summon Leyvatein from the deck.

-Have REDMD revive a Vaj and tune it with Phalanx to make a Level 8.  If you're going second this can be Scrap Dragon and you can have it pop Ravine to pop a card.

-Overlay Leyvatein and your Level 8 into Galaxy-Eyes Tachyon Dragon.  Xyz Summon Gaia Dragon the Thunder Charger on top of your Atum.

End Field; Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon, Gaia Dragon the Thunder Charger and Galaxy-Eyes Tachyon Dragon.

When you open with REDMD

First off this will happen to you no matter how much you don't want it to.  However the deck can work around this if you open with a means of getting Phalanx in Grave and Dux in hand (ie, open Ravine + Phalanx).

-Summon Dux, equip and special Phalanx.  Make Gae Dearg and dump BW - Zephyros to the grave.

-Bounce Ravine to summon Zephyros and remove Gae Dearg to Summon REDMD.  Revive Phalanx with REDMD's effect and proceed to make Vajrayana via Phalanx + Zephyros then from there make a Level 8 (again, Stardust).

End field; Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon, Level 8 Synchro with a Dragon Ravine in hand at minimum.  Not the best field but it does allow you to put pressure on the opponent right there as Red-Eyes will be generating constant advantage through his effect if left unchecked.

Needs Dux, Mystletainn, and a way to get Phalanx in grave (tempest, CoC, ravine, foolish, etc):

- Dux gets phalanx, sac phalanx for mystletainn, get back phalanx, make Gae Dearg dumping Zephyros

- Xyz mystletainn and dearg into first atum getting redmd by detaching Dearg, revive dearg with redmd

- Dearg dumps baby roc, special summoning itself

Field should be: redmd, roc, atum, dearg

- Sync roc and dearg for Scrap Dragon

- Bounce redmd with zeph, special summon redmd by banishing atum, redmd revive dearg

Field should be: redmd, scrap, dearg, zeph

- Dearg searches Garuda by discarding any dragon/winged-beast, special summon garuda

- Xyz garuda and zeph into Queen Dragun Djinn, use djinn's effect to revive mystletainn

- Xyz mysletainn and dearg for second atum, atum summons KKM Drago from deck.

- Overlay Gaia Dragon on top of atum

Ending Field: Redmd, Scrap Dragon, Queen Dragon Djinn, Gaia Dragon, and KKM Drago

2800 + 2800 + 2200 + 2600 = 10400 with 2600 piercing, a Scrap Dragon pop, and no fear of gorz/trag.

With Leyvaten in the main

Same setup as above:

- Dux gets phalanx, sac phalanx for mystletainn, get back phalanx, make Gae Dearg dumping Zephyros

- Xyz mystletainn and dearg into first atum getting redmd by detaching Dearg, redmd revive phalanx

- Bounce redmd with zeph, sync zeph and phalanx for first Vajrayana and get back phalanx

- Special summon redmd by banishing atum, redmd revive dearg

Field should be: phalanx, vaj, redmd, dearg

- Use dearg effect to search a Garuda, special garuda

- Sync garuda and phalanx for second vaj and get back phalanx

- Sync vaj and phalanx for Crimson Blader/Scrap Dragon (because this loop involves trident, having cards to pop for scrap is not guaranteed)

- Xyz other vaj and dearg for second atum, get Leyvaten from deck.

Field should be: Level 8 synchro, redmd, atum, leyvaten

- Leyvaten gets back phalanx, sync into Trident Dragion and pop as many cards as necessary

- MP2 Xyz redmd and trident into Gustav if necessary

Ending Field: Redmd, Level 8 synchro, Gaia Dragon, Trident Dragion, and MP2 Gustav

2800 + 2800 + 2600 + 3000 - 9000 + 2000 = 13200 - 19200 with 2600 piercing.

Credit to Randy for both of these.

In regards to my own build it's pretty much moulded after the decklists I've seen pop up on Shriek with tweaks.  I'm not comfortable going less than 4 traps and I really like Fiendish's ability to stop attacks so I'm running them over the Veilers.  I'm also cycling between Lances and Legionnaire/Aklys to pop threats like T-King and Ophion.  

Urthor

Urthor

Now with 20% less Sith

• +War Captain+
  • 11845 posts
Is there something I'm missing why would you want to run tachyon dragon in here, it's eff doesn't let it get over much, you can simply not activate the recruiter or gorz's effs there are very few compulsory recruiters.

It's dragunity I would never go without my 1 card trident dragon, arma lev stays in. Also gustaph max is a card, though yeah without double red eyes it's sorta like you don't need him to otl when you already have trident, but he's there.

Dawgy

Dawgy

"Yours forever more."

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1531 posts

Is there something I'm missing why would you want to run tachyon dragon in here, it's eff doesn't let it get over much, you can simply not activate the recruiter or gorz's effs there are very few compulsory recruiters.

This card actually comes up a lot more in practice than you might expect. It's one of the easiest ways, if your board allows, to secure a shot for game (particularly against mandatory card effects that your opponent is forced to activate... Sangan fell into this category before it was banned ; _ ; )

It'd still be the first thing I'd cut though if space didn't permit me to run a card I found useful.

Randy

Randy

Have you read Claiomh Solais the Hazehawk?

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Ever considered baby roc over the second zephyros? With tempest, this deck goes into the loop with mystletainn a lot more now which doesn't necessitate drawing zeph. With both roc and garuda, you can end the standard mystletainn loop with redmd, Stardust, Bounzer, and Queen Dragun (combo is on Steffon Bizzell's YT channel). If running roc, KKM drago also can be easily tutored out by atum (if running two atum) in an OTK loop that gives gorz the D. Both roc and Drago are also wind winged-beast/dragon as well which is automatically synergistic with Tempest and Gae Dearg.

Needs Dux, Mystletainn, and a way to get Phalanx in grave (tempest, CoC, ravine, foolish, etc):

- Xyz mystletainn and dearg into first atum getting redmd by detaching Dearg, revive dearg with redmd

- Dearg dumps baby roc, special summoning itself

Field should be: redmd, roc, atum, dearg

- Sync roc and dearg for Scrap Dragon

- Bounce redmd with zeph, special summon redmd by banishing atum, redmd revive dearg

Field should be: redmd, scrap, dearg, zeph

- Dearg searches Garuda by discarding any dragon/winged-beast, special summon garuda

- Xyz garuda and zeph into Queen Dragun Djinn, use djinn's effect to revive mystletainn

- Xyz mysletainn and dearg for second atum, atum summons KKM Drago from deck.

Ending Field: Redmd, Scrap Dragon, Queen Dragon Djinn, Gaia Dragon, and KKM Drago

2800 + 2800 + 2200 + 2600 = 10400 with 2600 piercing, a Scrap Dragon pop, and no fear of gorz/trag.

Also if you're inclined to use Leyvaten (which is not a bad idea considering you always want a wind dragon/winged-beast in hand for tempest/dearg), you can potentially do 19200 damage with Gustav which is enough to OTK past two Abyssmegalos/two material Zenmaines and Gorz.

Same setup as above:

- Xyz mystletainn and dearg into first atum getting redmd by detaching Dearg, redmd revive phalanx

- Bounce redmd with zeph, sync zeph and phalanx for first Vajrayana and get back phalanx

- Special summon redmd by banishing atum, redmd revive dearg

Field should be: phalanx, vaj, redmd, dearg

- Use dearg effect to search a Garuda, special garuda

- Sync garuda and phalanx for second vaj and get back phalanx

- Sync vaj and phalanx for Crimson Blader/Scrap Dragon (because this loop involves trident, having cards to pop for scrap is not guaranteed)

- Xyz other vaj and dearg for second atum, get Leyvaten from deck.

Field should be: Level 8 synchro, redmd, atum, leyvaten

- Leyvaten gets back phalanx, sync into Trident Dragion and pop as many cards as necessary

- MP2 Xyz redmd and trident into Gustav if necessary

Ending Field: Redmd, Level 8 synchro, Gaia Dragon, Trident Dragion, and MP2 Gustav

2800 + 2800 + 2600 + 3000 - 9000 + 2000 = 13200 - 19200 with 2600 piercing.

bluestar899

bluestar899

Trombe!

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Jesus those are some insane tricks.  I'll have to try them out later on.  I'll add them to the OP though.

Randy

Randy

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts

I really feel that 3 tempest is the way to go just to add that little bit of extra consistency. It just does so much like getting a tuner into the grave while simultaneously searching combo a piece and it's fantastic to discard with ravine. It also lets you execute plays when you don't have access to a ravine which was one of the major problems dragunities had in the past. It doesn't even clog as you can just pitch two to search something out.

Also this combo is way more relevant now (just replace the first garuda with Mystletainn).

Lamp

Lamp

Underworld Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1583 posts

How does this deck not get completely wrecked by Ophion?  :S 

Urthor

Urthor

Now with 20% less Sith

• +War Captain+
  • 11845 posts

DragunityLegionnaire-HA03-EN-SR-1E.jpg

idk why it isn't in the OP, the fact this plus phalanx outs ophion and you have inf rotas for it is one of the major reasons this deck is playable

bluestar899

bluestar899

Trombe!

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts

The OP is in severe need of re-formatting which I'll get to in a day or two.  I plan on doing it in a style similar to the TCG Discussion threads and Legionnaire will be in it.

Frankly what you just posted has gotten me wondering why Legionnaire isn't seeing play at all in the OCG.  Looking over the decklists on Shriek he is at most being used in the sideboard and that's only been in a couple lists.  Otherwise he's non-existent despite the combination of him and Aklys being able to pop a monster and a backrow or 2 monsters.  I want to say he's not being run because they want to fit in more backrow hate so the turn 1 herp derp play goes off without a hitch but I wonder if that's really wise.  I'm probably going to drop the triple Lance for 2 Legion + Aklys and in doing so the deck becomes able to grind out games better at the cost of less outs to backrow when going for "the plays."

TLDR Legion is good, idk why Japan isn't running it.

Lamp

Lamp

Underworld Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1583 posts

Yeah I knew about Legionnaire, I just don't get why this deck would do even remotely well without it in a meta with Ophion - I'm sort of worried Legionnaire and Aklys severely cut into its consistency, though.

Donnie

Donnie

マーベラス

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4574 posts

I think they don't play it cause it doesn't promote herp derp smash turn 1, and they can still make a Pearl/Maestroke play to clear Ophion.

Randy

Randy

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Introducing legionklys wouldn't reduce consistency at all. In fact it would probably add consistency by giving more targets for dearg/tempest/consonance. Pearl/Maestroke is hardly a reliable play as it not only requires burning through more resources but also loses out to bottomless. You don't even need the aklys as a simple Phalanx with Legionnaire can clear any Ophion. Hell I'd argue that it's a better time than ever to use Legionnaire not only because of Ophion but with practically searchable Mystletainns, you can simply drop a level 8 sync after Legionnaire takes care of its business without having the problem of an exposed Legionnaire.

Donnie

Donnie

マーベラス

• Duelist
  • 4574 posts

Been playing around with this deck without Legion/Akyls, haven't missed them, but I haven't played a mass of Evilswarm either. Easy Crimson Blader is very good versus Water, as well as Night Shot, and the ability to go Blader/Stardust with relative ease shuts down E-Dragons. Blader is also good versus Prophecy, as are Night Shot/Lance.

Basically becomes Blader.dek, post Tachyon.

neptune

neptune

golden rubbers in these denim pockets

• »Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5823 posts

DragunityLegionnaire-HA03-EN-SR-1E.jpg

idk why it isn't in the OP, the fact this plus phalanx outs ophion and you have inf rotas for it is one of the major reasons this deck is playable

yeah idk why no one plays this card. you don't even need aklys to run this tbh

Donnie

Donnie

マーベラス

• Duelist
  • 4574 posts

Also some OCG players are playing Gyokko over Night Beam, presumably because you can then use it with Scrap Dragon or Trident, but idk Night Beam seems better.

bluestar899

bluestar899

Trombe!

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Been playing around with this deck without Legion/Akyls, haven't missed them, but I haven't played a mass of Evilswarm either. Easy Crimson Blader is very good versus Water, as well as Night Shot, and the ability to go Blader/Stardust with relative ease shuts down E-Dragons. Blader is also good versus Prophecy, as are Night Shot/Lance.

Basically becomes Blader.dek, post Tachyon.

One of the answers I've gotten from some people was that Legion/Aklys is being dropped because of the format being too fast for the deck to attempt to grind out with them (and to be fair...it kinda is pretty insane considering how fast E-Dragons and Prophecy can set up).  Instead the deck better off trying to take advantage of its ability to explode on the first two turns and it wants do to nothing more than that, wanting to avoid letting the game prolong as it will begin to struggle during the mid to late states.  Thus extra backrow hate is being run to ensure its plays go off without a hitch.  

Do I agree with this?  Not fully.  One Legionnaire can be utilized for spot removal but perhaps the deck can go without Aklys.

On Gyokku; I've seen a couple Hieratic decks run the card as well for that reason.  Sounds good on paper and I like that it is Scrap Dragon food as well.

raycash

raycash

Plain Old Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

I'll be playing this deck when Tempest gets released because I pretty much have everything else besides him and a few of the XYZs.

The list I'm playing right now is pretty much the same except I'm playing around with CoC/Lance/Bottomless/3rd Chain.

Haven't tried Night Beams yet but I'll definitely give them a shot.

BTW your list in the OP only has 38 cards unless I counted wrong lol

im'a beetle!!

im'a beetle!!

Borobudur - Is that flavor text bro?

• Duelist
  • 4967 posts

You counted right unless I counted wrong as well. 

Urthor

Urthor

Now with 20% less Sith

• +War Captain+
  • 11845 posts
Akly's is clearly bad and conflicts with the entire point of the deck.

Nimo

Nimo

Tomb Keeper

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

A little late to the party, but here is what i've been using:

Spoiler

The main Attraction to this version is its ability to go into Shock Master pretty easily. And shock master is even more potent now with most of the top decks being pretty linear.

Consider the opening of ravine + phalanx + garuda  you can do something like this:

Discard phalanx, add dux.

Sync vajrayana, re summon phalanx.

Banish dux for garuda, sync dearg, dearg search and discard zeph.

Overlay atum, detach dearg summon red eyes.

Sumon dearg, search and discard griffen. summon caam.

Bounce red eyes to summon zeph.

Banish atum to summon red eyes, summon vajrayana.

Overlay for ptolemy, add garuda.

Banish whatever to summon garuda, overlay for shock master.

End field: ravine, red eyes, ptolemy and shock master and you still have 3 cards in hand.

Not exactly wind up level but still pretty good.

SpiceyYanni1

SpiceyYanni1

Guardian

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts

I would much rather max out on Tempest and play Gold Sarco with it than play Gusto

SpiceyYanni1

SpiceyYanni1

Guardian

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts

More along the lines of:

Monsters: 21

3 Phalanx

3 Dux

3 Mistle bitch whatever its name is

3 Zephros

3 Garuda

3 Tempest

1 REDMD

2 Maxx C

Spells: 20

1 Heavy

1 Hole

1 Reborn

1 Avarice

1 Foolish

3 MST

3 Ravine

3 Terraforming

3 Gold Sarco

3 Cards of Consonance 

Weevil

Weevil

Tomb Keeper

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Thanks for this!

chuavechito

chuavechito

FUCK THIS SHIT!

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7631 posts

I have been testing this for Nats. I went for a full turbo version, if I win the die roll I want to be able to attempt a turn 1 Shock Master, so I removed all the standar traps in order to maxx my chances of having either turn 1 Shock Master (for when I win the die roll) or OTK asap (for when I dont open Shock Master or for when I lose the die roll).

M: 19

3 Tempest, Elemental Dragon of Cyclones

3 Dragunity Phalanx
3 Dragunity Dux
3 Dragunity Arma Mystletainn
1 Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon
1 Blackwing – Zephyros the Elite
1 Garuda the Wind Spirit
1 Mist Valley Baby Roc
1 Gusto Griffin
1 Musto, Oracle of Gusto
1 Koa'ki Meiru Drago

S: 21
3 Dragon Ravine
3 Terraforming
3 Gold Sarcophagus
3 Cards of Consonance
3 Mystical Space Typhoon
3 Night Beam
1 Heavy Storm
1 Foolish Burial
1 Monster Reborn

ED:
2 Dragunity Knight – Vajrayana

1 Dragunity Knight – Gae Dearg

1 Scrap Dragon
1 Crimson Blader

1 Stardust Dragon
2 Hieratic Dragon King of Atum

2 Gaia Dragon, the Thunder Charger

1 Constellar Ptolemy M7
1 Photon Strike Bounzer

1 Queen Dragun Djinn‎

1 Maestroke the Symphony Djinn

1 Number 16: Shock Master

As all of you obviously know, Dux - Phala - Myst can OTK under Trag/Gorz, and an extra Myst can dodge Veiler, so not many hand traps can be used against this, which is why I like this deck.

Anyways, here is some match for thoses who really wanna know: 

The main combo is Dux + Phala + Myst, obviously.

- Sarco can search for anything.

- Tempest can search for anything.
- Terraforming and Ravine can search for Dux and Phala.
- Foolish searchs for Phala.
Thats (generally speaking) 15 - 16 - 12 of getting the combo off.

Generally speaking and not factoring Cards of Conso + backrow (7 s/t removal):

OTK in the second turn of the game: 70% (4 every 5 games)

REDMD + Shock Master in the first turn of the game: 70% (4 every 5 games)

REDMD + Shock Master + Bounzer/Stardust in the first turn of the game: 25% (1 every 4 games)

TFJ

TFJ

Professor quirrel

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1786 posts
Chalice over lance? Instant answer to king, ophion, ladd, big eye.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Dragunity, Tempest Elemental Dragon, Discussion, OCG Style

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users