Welcome to DuelistGroundz
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Evilswarm Castor Ruling

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

im'a beetle!!

im'a beetle!!

Borobudur - Is that flavor text bro?

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4967 posts

So my opponent Normal Summons Evilswarm Castor to the field. I activate Effect Veiler. Does my opponent still get the effect of Evilswarm Castor for the rest of the turn? 

I know his effect does not work while Skill Drain is face-up on the field prior to his summon but if used after his summon it does not work.

All in all this makes me question why the fuck everyone in the OCG is playing Veiler... because although it is reasonably useful it is also reasonably shitty and does not stop this at all... which is complete bullshit.

On the other hand it might be ruled differently in the TCG according to this guy:

http://forum.dueling...er/#entry240158

Which makes the whole thing bullshit..... :|

I'm asking these questions here just to make absolutely shura.

1) Is the above scenario (in area 1) correct?

2) What are your thoughts (mainly Atem and other big rulings ppl) on the way this ruling will bend TCG-wise? Will it stick to the OCG or will it go like Dverg?

I'm asking question 2 because this will impact testing and the viability of Veiler in some decks.

Nex

Nex

Brave Heart

• Duelist
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

1) By the current rulings, your opponent will still get the additional Normal Summon even if you veiler Castor after it's summoned as the summon was successful it set up that condition on the field that the person who normal summoned Castor can normal summon  1 additional time.

2) I'll leave to the people you requested for or someone who can make that call.

.Slick

.Slick

Tomb Keeper

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

As I recall, once Castor has been Normal Summoned, Veiler will not be able to stop Castor's effect due to his effect placing a condition on the field that happens the moment he is Normal Summoned.

So to answer your question, yes, your opponent can still retain the extra Normal Summon.

It would be interesting to see how Konami rules Castor's effect TCG side, since that will definitely affect Verz' playability. 

ness00

ness00

Number VII

• ~The Organization~
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1157 posts

why the fuck everyone in the OCG is playing Veiler

Why the fuck everyone in the OCG keeps playing Raigeki Break. Don't let their weird choices get in your ruling questions.

The given answer is correct, that's how Castor is supposed to be ruled. Dverg has been reversed in the OCG to work like this (finally, considering the OCG had two official rulings saying opposite things).

How this is going to be ruled in the TCG is a complete mistery. For one, the TCG doesn't issue rulings anymore. You'll be stuck with whatever the Head Judge is instructed to rule or guess. Or hope that they make a Strategy Article about it and the judge reads it. Even if the Dverg ruling is there, it doesn't mean future Cards have to be dragged along with it, even if it is one of the few official ruling references we still have.

You could try dropping them an e-mail at us-ygorules@konami.com, I think it is. It is, after all, a TCG Card, even if it's not legal for play. If enough people poke the issue, we may at least get a one-liner from Kevin at Pojo or something =/

Squiddy

Squiddy

i neeootititiitititititititit41-123-13-=132-=0132-=031-=01=-9=-9

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1383 posts

they r playing veiler cus every deck in ocg its turn 1 based mermail not played to much

flame star chouten combo , spellbook batel guy geting judgment, dragon makeing dragonsack,dragunity, and stops rabbit and kerycion 

im'a beetle!!

im'a beetle!!

Borobudur - Is that flavor text bro?

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4967 posts

Yeah, like I understand it stops a lot of things but it doesn't stop this which I thought was the main reason for it. It hurts Constellar and Firestar the most but otherwise its all kinda 1-of smallish plays that it hurts. Its useful like you said but not nearly as much because of this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users