Welcome to DuelistGroundz
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Gishki OTK

Zielgigas too stronk Not the FTK

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Lulhackz

Lulhackz

scrubbiest of scrubs.

• Duelist
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

uK3r0zx.png

Monsters: 20

3x Gishki Zielgigas

3x Gishki Shadow

3x Gishki Vision

3x Gishki Abyss

3x Gishki Beast

2x Gishki Ariel

2x Tragoedia

1x Evigishki Gustkraken

Spells: 18

3x Gishki Aquamirror

3x Salvage

3x Upstart Goblin

3x Mystical Space Typhoon

2x Forbidden Lance

1x Heavy Storm

1x Dark Hole

1x Monster Reborn

1x Book of Moon

Traps: 2

2x Compulsory Evacuation Device

This deck is something I stumbled upon about a year ago and passed off as another inconsistent Gustav OTK. Recently I made the deck for fun however and it's actually quite a contender in the current meta (Abyss Dweller is a good card).

For one, the deck can pretty easily OTK on its first turn, provided you open a few cards, and its grind game is surprisingly good since you can infinitely recycle your rituals and the mirror for an easy +1 with Aquamirror's effect. Salvage is just nuts in here, pretty much always live if you can open Vision, Shadow, Abyss, or Ariel. The deck has a good match against water, being that Zielgigas is a 3200 and they have to big eye/gungnir it if they want it gone generally, Infantry isn't a huge threat since Abyss dweller is easy to make with Beast's effect to revive any level 4 gishki when summoned. The Fire Fist matchup is back and forth, normally it can be a dice roll to determine it, but the deck can play around their cards and OTK them more often than not. The Macro Rabbit matchup is a total blowout, almost the reason I can't see this deck topping anytime soon, Macro and Dolkka are the nuts against this deck along with Side Decked Tkings that make G2/3 even harder.

Overall, the deck is really good and is a really fun deck to play.

For those who don't know the OTK I can give a brief explanation of an ideal hand that could happen.

In hand: Gishki Abyss, Gishki Shadow/Vision, Salvage, Trag, 2 other cards

Summon: Gishki Abyss - Searching Shadow/Vision (whichever you don't already have)

Discard: Gishki Shadow and Vision, searching Ziel and Aquamirror

Hand should be: Ziel, Aquamirror, Salvage, Trag, 2 other cards

Activate: Salvage (targeting Shadow and Vision)

Discard: Gishki Vision (adding another Ziel)

Hand should be: 2 Ziel, Aquamirror, Shadow, Trag, 2 other cards

Activate: Aquamirror (Tributing Ziel 2 for the cost)

Activate: Aquamirror's effect in grave (return Ziel 2 to your hand and shuffle mirror into the deck)
Activate:   Zielgigas effect on field  (If it's a gishki you reveal you can shuffle away their backrow) NOTE: DO NOT activate this effect if your opponent has nothing to hit, you will be forced to shuffle Ziel back into you deck.
Hand should be:   Ziel, Shadow, Trag, 3 other cards 

Discard:   Shadow  (searching aquamirror)

Activate:   Aquamirror  (Tribute trag in hand for the Ziel 2)

Field should be:   2 Ziel 

(Optional) Activate:   Ziel 2 effect to draw   (if it's a gishki you reveal you can away their backrow again)

Attack:   3200 + 3200 = 6400  

Overlay:   Gustav Max  

NOTE: this is obviously extremely ideal for first turn, the deck is not god and won't always open like this (but by turn 2 or 3 you can attain it most of the time by spamming Ziel prior to the OTK. Also this deck can play around backrow quite easily with the right hand due to the only cards that really hurt you are bth, warning, and torrent; prison and mirror get bounced by Ziel half the time.

What do you guys think?

Mugen Daas

Mugen Daas

World's Best Draven.

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Hey, I really like this deck idea. So +1 for that, and because Zielgigas is frickin' HUUUUUGGGGEEE!!!

I'm just wondering if Cardcar D and Duality might be worth a go? I'm not entirely fond of Aerial, particularly as she isn't likely to be flipped in the coming format, and without Bahamut in the extra she isn't as effective as she could be.

I was also thinking about Trap Stun, could it be viable in the main deck? It may help against the trap heavy decks (Rabbit, Fire Fist, Wind-ups etc.) as well as allowing you to combo off 3rd turn (not ideal i know) with Zeal's and only needing to consider if your opponent has Book of Moon/Veiler/Maxx etc. I was thinking of trying to play Trap Stun over 1 copy of M.S.T. 

Having said that, I'm probably going to go test this on DN before making any changes, I'll let you know what happens :)   

Lulhackz

Lulhackz

scrubbiest of scrubs.

• Duelist
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Hey, I really like this deck idea. So +1 for that, and because Zielgigas is frickin' HUUUUUGGGGEEE!!!

I'm just wondering if Cardcar D and Duality might be worth a go? I'm not entirely fond of Aerial, particularly as she isn't likely to be flipped in the coming format, and without Bahamut in the extra she isn't as effective as she could be.

I was also thinking about Trap Stun, could it be viable in the main deck? It may help against the trap heavy decks (Rabbit, Fire Fist, Wind-ups etc.) as well as allowing you to combo off 3rd turn (not ideal i know) with Zeal's and only needing to consider if your opponent has Book of Moon/Veiler/Maxx etc. I was thinking of trying to play Trap Stun over 1 copy of M.S.T. 

Having said that, I'm probably going to go test this on DN before making any changes, I'll let you know what happens :)   

I never considered Cardcar, but Duality has been in and out of this deck ever since I built it. I keep switching them with upstarts and I'm really not sure which I like better. I really like Ariel, even with Bear and Marksman in the format at the moment I find that she is a great way to start the duel, especially when I played Duality. Another thing is that she is a name for Ziel to top deck into, along with a lv 4 for the Beast plays.

I've also tested Trap Stun in the earlier stages of the deck but I found I like have compulsory so much more at times.

LMK how your changes work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users