Welcome to DuelistGroundz
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Slushy Monarchs

droppin rank 7s on a dime oh and tidal dragon

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

based inc

based inc

p cool i guess

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

With the great Elemental Dragons coming out, I wanted to try some fun stuff.  Slushy is one of my favorite cards and really the only usable target is Poseidra and so that peaked my interest as it + Tidal can churn out Rank 7's straight from the grave.  The Frog engine was naturally the next step to dump the Slushys, so the hand traps and tributes followed.  With 6 Water monsters dumping cards for effects and Poseidra already in the build, I thought Dragoons would be a neat addition to dump additional cards and get Poseidra to grave other than Tidal.  Moulinglacia seemed like a cool tech as there's a massive amount of grave manipulation going on and it's searchable off of Dragoons.  The final card I added as a one of was Sea Lancer.  It resets the Slushys and returns Frogs that I've used for Ronintoadin or Tidal and is decent stall against decks that won't be removing it from play or dropping Big Eye against me (so none of the top decks not named Ophion.dek).  The spells are for a typical Monarch line-up.  The Extra deck is just kind of thrown together at this point and I will be seeing what I'm wishing I was seeing more of or seeing at all.  Haven't worked out a side deck for it yet.

I've only gotten a few games of testing in and it runs okay, but I'm neither the best player nor the best deck builder so I've come to you to ask for some help on this.  I feel like the idea has promise, but could be executed better.

sLZLhbb.png

30 Monsters

3 Battle Fader

3 Caius the Shadow Monarch

3 Slushy

3 Swap Frog

3 Tidal, Dragon Ruler of Waterfalls

2 Atlantean Dragoons

2 Effect Veiler

2 Light and Darkness Dragon

2 Maxx "C"

2 Stream, Dragon Ruler of Water

2 Treeborn Frog

1 Poseidra the Atlantean Dragon

1 Moulinglacia the Elemental Lord

1 Ronintoadin

10 Spells

3 Enemy Controller

2 Pot of Duality

1 Burial from the Different Dimension

1 Dark Hole

1 Heavy Storm

1 Monster Reborn

1 Soul Exchange

15 Extra

2 Gachi Gachi Gantetsu

2 Mecha Phantom Beast Dracossack

2 Mermail Abyssgaios

2 Number 11: Big Eye

2 Slacker Magician

1 Constellar Ptolemy M7

1 Daigusto Phoenix

1 Gaia Dragon, the Thunder Charger

1 Crimson Blader

1 Formula Synchron

Dango

Dango

私は自分の家族や

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3544 posts

Dragoons does not work with swap frog just making sure you are aware of that. If you are maining dragoons for the tidal double discard I would also run stream as its like playing 5-6 tidals while still getting off your dragoons. Also burial is a card to consider in this, as it does not require you to use your normal on Sea lancer to refill your grave. Also if you are running vieler I would extra deck forumula. (treeborn sumon vieler> forumula draw> gachi 

based inc

based inc

p cool i guess

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Ah fuck.  Summoning condition.  I'll definitely add in the baby because that will make Dragoons more live.  Thanks.  I can't believe I forgot Formula Synchron.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users