Welcome to DuelistGroundz
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Tidal Mermails

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Glimmervoid

Glimmervoid

God of Dark World

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2055 posts

I really like Tidal in Mermails. Here's what I've been playing. It's extremely fast, but it lacks outs to Ophion. I want to add two Breakthrough Skill. I also want to add Black Rose Dragon in the extra, but I can't find the room.

Monsters: 33
3 Tidal, Dragon Ruler of Waterfalls
3 Deep Sea Diva

3 Atlantean Dragoons
3 Atlantean Marksman
3 Atlantean Heavy Infantry
3 Mermail Abyssteus
3 Mermail Abyssmegalo
3 Mermail Abysspike
3 Mermail Abysslinde
2 Stream, Dragon Ruler of Droplets
2 Mermail Abyssgunde
1 Mermail Abyssdine
1 Moulinglacia the Elemental Lord 

Spells: 4
1 Heavy Storm
1 Dark Hole
1 Monster Reborn
1 Pot of Avarice

Traps: 3
3 Abyss-Sphere

Extra deck:
1 Armory Arm
1 Ally of Justice Catastor
1 Dewloren, Tiger of the Ice Barrier
1 Gungnir, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
1 Scrap Dragon
1 Crimson Blader
1 Temtempo the Percussion Djinn
1 Mermail Abysstrite
1 Number 17: Leviathan Dragon
1 Abyss Dweller
1 Bahamut Shark
1 Number 11: Big Eye
1 Mecha Phantom Beast Dracossack
2 Mermail Abyssgaios

Side deck:

2 Prideful Roar

2 Royal Decree

2 Droll & Lock Bird

3 Snowman Eater

3 Mystical Space Typhoon
3 Eradicator Epidemic Virus

Slowpoke

Slowpoke

BMS

• Duelist
  • 3655 posts

Sacred Sword is situational in Mermails imo. I would never want to remove Megalo or Teus from my hand just to draw 2 cards. I'm fairly sure I'm usually trying to draw into a Megalo or Teus half the time when I'm drawing. Only things I would want to remove are Tidals and a dead Leed. I would maindeck double Breakthrough Skill and a Moulinglacia instead. Moulin is amazing with Tidal fixing the grave up now.

Glimmervoid

Glimmervoid

God of Dark World

• Duelist
  • 2055 posts

You might be right, but I'll test the Sword a little more. Mounlinglacia seems sexy though. Any other ideas for what to cut?

BTW, it's a shame that Tidal doesn't trigger Atlanteans when they are sent from the deck :/ Or maybe it's good for the game xD

Get With It

Get With It

have you gotten with it yet?

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts

i don't think 2 streams is necessary, i honestly barely even like the one, and even if i was gonna run sword, i wouldn't run 3

Relianah

Relianah

King of the Nerds

• »Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5622 posts
Sword is overall bad but 2 stream is fine, it's a discard outlet and a level 4 water for dweller/bahamut

Get With It

Get With It

have you gotten with it yet?

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Sword is overall bad but 2 stream is fine, it's a discard outlet and a level 4 water for dweller/bahamut

true, i just think running turge without 2 gunde just isn't as good, and running 2 stream but only 2 pike seems redundant

kidrock

kidrock

Knight of the Abyss

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

You might be right, but I'll test the Sword a little more. Mounlinglacia seems sexy though. Any other ideas for what to cut?

BTW, it's a shame that Tidal doesn't trigger Atlanteans when they are sent from the deck :/ Or maybe it's good for the game xD

you can definitely go over 40

Glimmervoid

Glimmervoid

God of Dark World

• Duelist
  • 2055 posts

I tested more, the Sword is subpar. I added 2nd Gunde, 3rd Pike and Moulinglacia. I need more out to Ophion, I want to add 2 Breakthrough Skills. Any ideas for what to cut?

Farester

Farester

Knight of the Abyss

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts
What is the purpose of Leed without Squall? Now that we have Tidal I'm pretty sure Leed can be dropped since beating over 2500 is no longer a problem. Abyssdine is also an amazing out to Ophion you should definitely be playing especially since you can immediately drop a tempo first turn with Gunde/Tidal in hand.

Squiddy

Squiddy

J́ͫ̒͊ͥ̾̽̽͑̚

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1418 posts

u say u lack outs to opion but u use 2 infantry ! use 3 he can be use with pike and tidal 

Glimmervoid

Glimmervoid

God of Dark World

• Duelist
  • 2055 posts

Leed still beats over Big Eye. And I don't have room for Tempo in the extra

Farester

Farester

Knight of the Abyss

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Leed still beats over Big Eye. And I don't have room for Tempo in the extra

How often will you need to destroy Big Eye in battle and not be able to drop another Level 7 monster next to Leed? You really should make room for tempo since other than pitching infantry(which as squiddy suggested you should probably be maxing) its the easiest out to Ophion and if you run dine you would have so many ways to go into it.

Chris Hentz

Chris Hentz

Brady Bunch 4 Lyfe

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5981 posts

You can probably cut zenmaines for temtempo

it's pretty mediocre vs everything right now really. Spellbooks just fate it which is tutorable at anytime, dragons just big eye it which they can always make, water just big eye/gaios it or even just megalo double attack over it and stuff like I guess it's cool you don't die but stillllll. Temtempo is going to be better against evilswarm seeing as it's an out to the biggest problem for your deck plus EVERYTHING is using breakthrough so it's just another card for them to get value out of a graved breakthrough against

those are really the only decks you should be worrying about realistically and zenmaines is very eh vs all of them. Temtempo clearing one of the hardest problem cards to deal with seems far more relevant

I just never see myself making zenmaines and feeling safe like I used to. Especially if I am not using cards like torrential or something to make it more effective. If anything I just feel kinda gross if that was my best play to sit on

just something I've been considering tho

Glimmervoid

Glimmervoid

God of Dark World

• Duelist
  • 2055 posts

You have decent point about Zenmaines and Leed. Dine and Tempo will be added. I'm thinking of cutting Turge for the last Infantry. How does that sound?

Nash

Nash

Underworld Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1172 posts

You should drop avarice, because of tidal, and you even play the babie to tutor him, sou your grave will never be big enought for Pot and Tidal.

Glimmervoid

Glimmervoid

God of Dark World

• Duelist
  • 2055 posts

So far, Avarice has been good. Futher testing will show.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users