Welcome to DuelistGroundz
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Battlin' Boxers

Imperial Iron Wall

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

Glimmervoid

Glimmervoid

God of Dark World

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1979 posts

Monsters: 14
3 Battlin' Boxer Switchhitter
3 Battlin' Boxer Headgeared
3 Battlin' Boxer Glassjaw
3 Battlin' Boxer Sparrer
2 Photon Thrasher

Spells: 13

3 Forbidden Lance

2 Pot of Duality
2 Magnum Shield
1 Heavy Storm
1 Dark Hole
1 Monster Reborn
1 Reinforcement of the Army
1 Foolish Burial

1 Book of Moon

Traps: 13

2 Imperial Iron Wall

2 XYZ Block
2 Compulsory Evacuation Device

2 Torrential Tribute
2 Bottomless Trap Hole
1 Solemn Warning
1 Solemn Judgment
1 Starlight Road

Extra deck:
3 Battlin' Boxer Lead Yoke
1 Number 105: Battlin' Boxer Star Cestus
1 Gagaga Magician
1 Abyss Dweller
1 Maestroke the Symphony Djinn
1 Daigusto Emeral
1 Lavalval Chain
1 Heroic Champion - Excalibur
1 Blade Armor Ninja
1 Gem-Knight Pearl
1 Number 16: Shock Master
1 Number 50: Blackship of Corn

1 Stardust Dragon

Side deck:
3 Maxx "C"

3 Mystical Space Typhoon

2 Rivalry of Warlords

2 Gozen Match
2 Magic Deflector

1 Imperial Iron Wall

I've recently looked into this archetype, and I really like playing it. It plays like a combo/control deck, which I find very fun to pilot :) Explanations for card choices:

Thrasher: To make easy Lavalval Chain. This+Headgeared sets me up for Switchhitter plays next turn. Is also a warrior for Excalibur etc.

Magnum Shield: Testing. All the Battlin' Boxers have high DEF, and Lead Yoke becomes 4200. Yoke can also protect itself so it doesn't become a 2-1 when Yoke dies.

Foolish: For Glassjaw combos obviously
Compulse: To counter Big Eye/Dracossack mostly.
XYZ Block: Effect negation is always good

Imperial Iron Wall. Stops this deck's problem cards: BTS, BTH and Fate. It also demolishes Dragons, stops Keykerion. Nuff said.

The rest should be selfexplaining, if not, please let me know :)

yoyoba

yoyoba

horse don't give a shit

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Safe Zone?

Glimmervoid

Glimmervoid

God of Dark World

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1979 posts

As if "Add it?" or as if "Why is it here?". I run it because I need to protect Lead Yoke from Big Eye/Fate.

Ahmed Adam

Ahmed Adam

Plain Old Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

you know that they can still banish yoke since fate doesnt target?

Bazaar of Baghdad

Bazaar of Baghdad

trynet

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1763 posts

As if "Add it?" or as if "Why is it here?". I run it because I need to protect Lead Yoke from Big Eye/Fate.

Fate doesn't target, and even if it did they could just pop the Safe Zone with it...

victor

victor

Heavenly Almighty Duelist

• 舞etired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6151 posts

This build is honestly not that good.

You need to play Forbidden Lance (for Fate, DPrison, Compulse).

Photon Thrasher is dead once you have Lead Yoke out.

Counterblow is overrated, and consequently Blaster isn't worth running as well.

Also, trynet, it doesn't matter that Safe Zone is destroyed, Lead Yoke will survive with ATK boosted.

Exiled

Exiled

irrelevant

• 舞etired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33187 posts
Yeah wont lie, counterpunch isn't what I'd hoped it be, at least for this format

The theme is battle oriented so you need lances.

victor

victor

• 舞etired Staff
  • 6151 posts

Yeah wont lie, counterpunch isn't what I'd hoped it be, at least for this format

It's bad because Lead Yoke and Headgear don't need it, Glassjaw can only use it on the ATK, Switch Hitter and Sparrer aren't going to be around to battle, etc.

And what's more, the Headgear shouldn't be dumping Counterblow in the first place.

You dump Switch Hitter first, and then Glassjaws.

And it's LV 3....

Exiled

Exiled

irrelevant

• 舞etired Staff
  • 33187 posts

It's bad because Lead Yoke and Headgear don't need it, Glassjaw can only use it on the ATK, Switch Hitter and Sparrer aren't going to be around to battle, etc.

And what's more, the Headgear shouldn't be dumping Counterblow in the first place.

You dump Switch Hitter first, and then Glassjaws.

And it's LV 3....

\

when BK cheat commissioner comes out, that level will be quite important

TFJ

TFJ

Underworld Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1326 posts
Counterpunch does play with a lot of players moves though. As in they make bad ones to avoid it.
I saw someone using it to try to otk, but it was bad. I would rather sit on a yoke if I felt safe.
It has only helped me out teatly once, but I probably would have survived without it.

How often do you get to dump switch hitter and glassjaw? Serious question. I can see if with Laval chain, but double headgear is unlikely.

victor

victor

• 舞etired Staff
  • 6151 posts

How often do you get to dump switch hitter and glassjaw? Serious question. I can see if with Laval chain, but double headgear is unlikely.

What do you mean?

I always dump Switch Hitter first thing with Head Gear (if it's not already in grave). 

If my grave is empty and I have Switch Hitter in hand, I dump Spar with Head Gear.

If my grave contains Switch Hitter or Spar, I dump Glassjaw and retrieve one or the other depending on the situation. 

The whole point of Lead Yoke is the Switch Hitter + Glassjaw loop, where you detach Switch Hitter first, and then Glassjaw to add Switch Hitter to hand, to make Lead Yoke again.

TFJ

TFJ

Underworld Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1326 posts
If the grave is empty with switch in hand, what does spar give you? I am just looking to see what others do. I mean it gives you a future glassjaw target, but it seems going for the switch hitter into yoke with glassjaw sooner is probably better giving up the free add to hand.

How often do you use spar? Going into other xyz is good, but I might be missing something with him I guess.

Jesus the Jew

Jesus the Jew

I died for your sins.

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3291 posts

I really don't get why you are running Dark Hole and Storm.

victor

victor

• 舞etired Staff
  • 6151 posts

1. Any Boxer + Sparrer in hand

Normal Summon the Boxer, Special Summon Sparrer , make Lavalval Chain.

Detach to dump Glassjaw and add Boxer to hand.

No loss of advantage play, and if you protect Chain for a turn, you get a +1.

2) Headgear + Sparrer in hand

Headgear dumps Switch Hitter, Sparrer from hand makes Lavalval Chain, dump Glassjaw, add Switch Hitter to hand.

Another no loss of advantage play, and you are all set up.

3)  Headgear in hand + Sparrer in grave

Normal Headgear and dump Glassjaw for Sparrer.

Make 1 card Rank 4.

If you play Safe Zone, BTH, Solemns, XYZ Block, Compulse, etc., you can make Lead Yoke, Abyss Dweller, Lavalval Chain, etc. and you have a solid field :)

------------

The best card that nobody is playing (at least on DGZ thus far) is:

300px-MagnumShield-LTGY-EN-C-1E.png

This card is what breaks the deck wide open.

Sparrer + Magnum Shield = 2600 ATK.

Switch Hitter + this = 2900 ATK

Headgear + this = 2800 ATK

Lead Yoke + this = 4200 ATK, and rising.

You immediately force them waste removal on your Boxers, and draw it away from Lead Yoke or your other backrow. 

-----

Also, you have to play Forbidden Lance to protect Switch Hitter and Glassjaw from Bottomless.

Exiled

Exiled

irrelevant

• 舞etired Staff
  • 33187 posts

i tried something new

2 circles of the fire king and 2 brushfire knights

victor

victor

• 舞etired Staff
  • 6151 posts

I really don't get why you are running Dark Hole.

Dark Hole is good in here, as is Torrential Tribute, because Lead Yoke (and other Boxers) survives destruction and becomes stronger...

TFJ

TFJ

Underworld Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1326 posts
But why do you dump sparrer if you have switch in hand?

I saw someone using magnum shield. It produces big monsters, but it still leaves you open for the two for one.

victor

victor

• 舞etired Staff
  • 6151 posts

i tried something new

Another cool combo is playing Assault of the Fire Kings for Flamvell Firedog and searching out Glassjaw.

But that tested badly because Assault has the same faults as Photon Thrasher, and you can't guarantee Firedog will get its effect off in this meta.

Call of the Haunted was much better, because it can be chained to Glassjaw, and Lead Yoke can protect the monster if COTH is destroyed.

I was testing it with Raioh, but it's not as needed as other cards.

--------

RE: dumping Spar with Switch in hand and no grave.

I think you're right that Glassjaw would be the better dump, my bad.

Because you enable Lead Yoke loop.

Exiled

Exiled

irrelevant

• 舞etired Staff
  • 33187 posts

But why do you dump sparrer if you have switch in hand?

cuz you dont wanna dump glassjaw on an empty grave and switch and head are better kept for the normal summon

Exiled

Exiled

irrelevant

• 舞etired Staff
  • 33187 posts

i tried something new

Another cool combo is playing Assault of the Fire Kings for Flamvell Firedog and searching out Glassjaw.

But that tested badly because Assault has the same faults as Photon Thrasher, and you can't guarantee Firedog will get its effect off in this meta.

Call of the Haunted was much better, because it can be chained to Glassjaw, and Lead Yoke can protect the monster if COTH is destroyed.

assault negates firedogs effect though

victor

victor

• 舞etired Staff
  • 6151 posts

assault negates firedogs effect though

True but it didn't test well anyway.

Photon Thrasher was better than Assault, because it works first turn.

victor

victor

• 舞etired Staff
  • 6151 posts

I saw someone using magnum shield. It produces big monsters, but it still leaves you open for the two for one.

Just the other day, I beat over Obelisk with Lead Yoke because of Magnum Shield.

Most of your plays if you do them right, are 1 card plays anyway, and ideally, Magnum Shield equipped Boxer would win in battle when you use it, so the loss isn't too bad. Having a big monster than you can Normal Summon (under BTH for Headgear for instance), and can't be Veilered or Breakthrough Skilled is a lot better than you give it credit for. And it draws removal away.

The best card has been XYZ Block because it is so game-breaking. That's why I want to play Photon Thrasher, because I always want it live.

Even something like Lavalval Chain, effect, set XYZ Block is so much win.

Glimmervoid

Glimmervoid

God of Dark World

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1979 posts

First of all, thanks for all the great feedback, I really appreciate it!

Second, I acctually agree with most of our peoples points. Blaster proved not to be worth it, and was mostly a filler anyway. Counterpunch wasn't good like I thought it would be, but I think I'll still keep a single to send with Headgeared. I like being able to toolbox. Safe Zone will definitely be switched with Lances. Zones were really bad, especially with the low amount of MSTs in the meta these days. I'll keep Thrasher though, it has really helped speed up the deck and set up much faster. Heavy and to a lesser extend Dark Hole might need be that good against the meta decks, but I do play al ot of rouge decks as well, so they'll stay.

I didn't know that XYZ Blocker was a card, I'm definitely going to test a pair of those! I had looked into Magnum Shield a little myself, since Lead Yoke can also protect itself and not going 2-1 that much. I'll test a pair. Basicly, the changes sums up to:

- 2 Counterpunch

- 2 Blaster

- 2 Safe Zone

+ 2 Lance

+ 2 Magnum Shield

+ 2 XYZ Block

I also want to add Book of Moon, but I can't find the room. If the teched Counterpunch proves not to be worth it, I'll cut it for Book. I've also been thinking of adding more warrior support, since I only run warriors and Lead Yoke is my go-to XYZ. It seems lackluster, but maybe a pair of Solidarity? Also, any ideas for the last 6 spots in the side deck?

dexer008

dexer008

Ground Duelist

• Duelist
  • 2331 posts

headgear and magnum shield won me so many matches at the sneek peek, especially when sending counter punch as well. Magnum shield is legit in here.

victor

victor

• 舞etired Staff
  • 6151 posts

Solidarity is bad in here because you sometimes make Lavalval Chain, can make Abyss Dweller, and Maestroke (and Glassjaw gets its effect when detached for destruction). Also, Photon Thrasher can make Shock Master with Sparrer.

And Blackship of Corn and Diamond Dire Wolf are necessary cards.

-----------

And XYZ Block does not trigger Glassjaw from Lead Yoke...

------------

You need to play 3 Forbidden Lance. Fate is too ridiculous a card, and people play Compulse/Breakthrough, and Bottomless on Switch Hitter and Glassjaw.

Also, the 800 ATK boost makes up for Counterblow, and it increases Blackship's range of targets.

---------

You should side primarily for Prophecy, given that they have Fate, and you can't side EEV.

300px-MagicDeflector-ABYR-EN-C-1E.png

I like this card a lot. Stops Fate, Judgment, Wisdom, and MST (which they will bring in to deal with your Trap lineup).

Also, 3 Droll n Lock Bird, Rivalry of Warlords, Imperial Iron Wall, etc.

Siding in this deck is very powerful, it's like Blackwings in more ways than one.

Glimmervoid

Glimmervoid

God of Dark World

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1979 posts

Imperial Iron Wall seems like a great side card against both Dragons and Prophecy, thanks. Blackship is already in the deck, I'll cut Gandiva for Diamond Dire.

EDIT: Testing Iron Wall mained, seems good in theory.

Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan

Plain Old Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Cool build. Seems like a good variant, especially before we get Chamenleon. Iron wall is really good here, but I miss the Blasters. I am a little skeptical on Magnum shield but it has undeniably put in some work. Also testing Warrior Returning Alive for more recursion. I feel like there is some key THING missing though. Some sort of Warrior support or another. 

Ruling question. I have two Lead Yokes out. My opponent uses Hyperion to pop one, I detach, they use Herald of Orange Light. Can I protect my first Lead Yoke with the second's effect? Can Herald even target Lead Yoke? How does this resolve? 

TheCandyman

TheCandyman

.Gorgeous.

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Since there are so many plays requiring the normal summon, w/o loss of advantage, how is Ultimate Offering in this deck?

Exiled

Exiled

irrelevant

• 舞etired Staff
  • 33187 posts

Cool build. Seems like a good variant, especially before we get Chamenleon. Iron wall is really good here, but I miss the Blasters. I am a little skeptical on Magnum shield but it has undeniably put in some work. Also testing Warrior Returning Alive for more recursion. I feel like there is some key THING missing though. Some sort of Warrior support or another. 

Ruling question. I have two Lead Yokes out. My opponent uses Hyperion to pop one, I detach, they use Herald of Orange Light. Can I protect my first Lead Yoke with the second's effect? Can Herald even target Lead Yoke? How does this resolve? 

Well I'm certain herald doesn't target but...

Yoke's first effect is continuous so herald can't be chained to that, but its 800 atk boost is a trigger effect that can be chained to in which case it's first effect isn't opt so you can detach another material to protect itself, however it only gets 1 boost since the earlier one was negated

Jesus the Jew

Jesus the Jew

I died for your sins.

• Duelist
  • 3291 posts

Since there are so many plays requiring the normal summon, w/o loss of advantage, how is Ultimate Offering in this deck?

Not really needed. You can make significant plays from just special summons.

Glimmervoid

Glimmervoid

God of Dark World

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1979 posts

Cool build. I feel like there is some key THING missing though. Some sort of Warrior support or another.  

I have the same feeling. I don't think The Warrior Returning Alive is the way to go though, there's plenty of ressurection. I think we need some power plays. The deck is very bad at changing tempo. I also think Sparrer is too passive, but it's needed to get the Lead Yoke setup turn 1. I also hate how difficult it is to set up Lead Yoke turn one.

Magnum Shield has been situational, but has come in handy sometimes. You could test a pair of traps or some agressive cards as mentioned above.

Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan

Plain Old Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

It's just never a great sign when you have to use this many traps, because that often means the back bone of your deck isn't doing enough work. :/ Not always, but...

I wonder. Speculating, but Fire Kings might have some synergy. Onslaught into Garunix, then go into Leadblow for destructive shenanigans. Fire Dog could recruit Glass. Circle would could have some nice interactions. 

Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan

Plain Old Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

wqGzSr9.png

The Kings of the Ring. Thinking I should max Blaster and take out a Fire Ring, because drawing Garunix is balls.

Glimmervoid

Glimmervoid

God of Dark World

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1979 posts
It looks great, I'll try it. I think two Blaster is sufficient, you can't tune/XYZ with them. I'd also cut MST fot the 3rd Lance and maybe cut a Circle. I think Firedog is kinda weak this format, since it does nothing to dragons, but I'll test it. I'd also test BTS instead of CED

Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan

Plain Old Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

It looks great, I'll try it. I think two Blaster is sufficient, you can't tune/XYZ with them. I'd also cut MST fot the 3rd Lance and maybe cut a Circle. I think Firedog is kinda weak this format, since it does nothing to dragons, but I'll test it. I'd also test BTS instead of CED

You can take tokens against dragon, then go into a Dire Wolf for a pop. But yeah, not really sure it is needed. 

I feel like the deck needs a way to get Garunix out of the hand and back from the grave. Thinking about call of the haunted. 

NeoArkadia

NeoArkadia

II - The Masquerade

• ~The Organization~
  • 2922 posts

I feel like the deck needs a way to get Garunix out of the hand and back from the grave. Thinking about call of the haunted.

Fire Kings have a card to do this, actually, it's just not available in the TCG due to extremely retarded "ownership rights" milarky:

http://yugioh.wikia....g_Avatar_Yaksha

On the other hand I'm finding Boxer King seems to add a lot of muscle the Deck needs (chiefly in the form of Barong and Garunix.) Need to do more testing when I'm not doing early work for Sets coming out that the Org should work on, and DN stops making me feel rage.

Jesus the Jew

Jesus the Jew

I died for your sins.

• Duelist
  • 3291 posts

You can take tokens against dragon, then go into a Dire Wolf for a pop. But yeah, not really sure it is needed. 

Firedog has to send to the grave. So, the tokens won't proc it's effect.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users