Welcome to DuelistGroundz
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Darkrai/Absol

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Kyary

Kyary

hamjam

• Loyalist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1614 posts
Pokémon – 9

3 Darkrai EX
3 Absol PLF
2 Sableye DEX
1 Keldeo EX 

Trainers – 40

4 Professor Juniper 
4 N
4 Bianca
1 Colress 
1 Random Receiver

4 Pokemon Catcher 
4 Hypnotoxic Laser
4 Dark Patch
3 Dark Claw
3 Energy Switch
3 Ultra Ball 
1 Enhanced Hammer
1 Max Potion 
1 Energy Search
1 Scramble Switch 

2 Virbank City Gym

Energy – 10

10 Darkness

Been testing out the deck a bit; though I'm contemplating changing Scramble for Search.

G Λ r Ω N

G Λ r Ω N

Grayson

• Banned From Trading
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3978 posts
Between Keldeo and Darkrai is Scramble Switch the A-Spec of choice? I think Comp Search, Sableeye, Darkrai, and Dark Patch shenanigans is like that.

Kyary

Kyary

hamjam

• Loyalist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1614 posts

Yeah, my friend suggested the Scramble, but in all reality it's just subpar, so I'll probably go back to the Search.

PnshdSnk

PnshdSnk

Cats do love to play as Snakes

• +Necro Moderoid
  • 7103 posts
T1 comp search with Sableye is the best opener in the entire game lol

xCG32x

xCG32x

Plain Old Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

I think 3 Absol is a little much, 2 should be fine. You should really have 3 Sabeleye and 2 Keldeo. If you don't have 2 Keldeo and you play gothgor, you pretty much just lose.

m043286

m043286

ay bby u wan sum fuk

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

I would play Computer Search for definite. 

Absol is great at 2 and any more than that isn't really necessary. 

Kyary

Kyary

hamjam

• Loyalist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1614 posts

Yeah, I changed out the Scramble for Search.   I'm also going to drop the 3rd Absol, but I'm contemplating playing either a 2nd Keldeo or a 4th Darkrai.  It's tough to decide.

m043286

m043286

ay bby u wan sum fuk

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

I have recently switched from Blastoise to Darkrai and, because I had the Keldeos anyways, I decided to try out 2. I haven't been disappointed by it yet. It's so good. 

PnshdSnk

PnshdSnk

Cats do love to play as Snakes

• +Necro Moderoid
  • 7103 posts
i don't get why you'd play more than 1 absol, i'd much rather nightspear. only time i wanna mindjack would be with laser and claw for a ohko but that's so rare it seems gimmicky to play 2-3 imo. it's good for a surprise ko but after that they won't fill up the bench again and you're better off nightspearing.

m043286

m043286

ay bby u wan sum fuk

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

i don't get why you'd play more than 1 absol, i'd much rather nightspear. only time i wanna mindjack would be with laser and claw for a ohko but that's so rare it seems gimmicky to play 2-3 imo. it's good for a surprise ko but after that they won't fill up the bench again and you're better off nightspearing.

I guess it gives you a few more outs to PlasmaKlang (Even though it has seen less play recently). It's not uncommon to be facing a full bench against Plasma Basics either, and there may be some situations where you would want to 120 (140 is with claw) to just the active pokemon rather than spreading out the damage like you would with Night Spear (I.E. 120 to Blastoise or Plasma Kyurem with Laser/Virbank OHKOs them.)

I should mention that Darkrai should still be your main attacker. 2 Absol seems to be the magic number. 

I also enjoy the suprise factor around it. You can hold it in hand mid/late game and then drop it and manually attatch + Patch/Energy Switch for the 2 energies it needs to do decent damage.

mathematical

mathematical

Guardian

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

i agree with absol at 3, he puts in sooo much work and is a non ex which will be important vs a lot of match ups, hes particularly strong vs plasma which will probably be the most popular deck for nationals, also turns klinkklang into auto win and is also good vs gothitelle decks.

m043286

m043286

ay bby u wan sum fuk

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

What do you think are the chances that Darkrai is still going to be legal in the next few sets?

I'm going to be switching back to my Blastoise deck for a while until I can pick up plasma, Cradily/Nidoking/Nidoqueen (Post Blast), or Accelgor/Gothitelle. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users