Welcome to DuelistGroundz
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Armades, Keeper of Boundaries

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Candela

Candela

from nadirs

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1089 posts

ArmadesKeeperofBoundaries-JOTL-EN-ScR-1E

Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters

If this card attacks or is attacked, your opponent cannot activate cards or effects until the end of the Damage Step.

How come no one is talking about this card? It's pretty much the best card you can drop against Bujins, and it has so much utility in other situations. In Mermails it pretty much lets you OTK without fear.

7hhzz7

7hhzz7

Be Your Sound

• »Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15680 posts

Am i missing something that it lets you OTK with Mermails without fear?

Candela

Candela

from nadirs

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1089 posts

As long as your monsters get on the board successfully, your opponent can't activate cards such as Mirror Force, Dimensional Prison, Swift Scarecrow, Necro Gardna, attack modifying cards, Gorz, etc. 

TFJ

TFJ

Underworld Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1598 posts

As long as your monsters get on the board successfully, your opponent can't activate cards such as Mirror Force, Dimensional Prison, Swift Scarecrow, Necro Gardna, attack modifying cards, Gorz, etc. 
Damage step, not battle phase.

Catasterism

Catasterism

Knight of the Abyss

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

They can't activate them in a battle involving Armades, how do you secure the other 5700 damage? They'll just Mirror Force/whatever your other monsters.

It is pretty good against Bujin, stops them from using Crane and Lance, etc... but Catastor bypasses both of those anyway. Armades does dodge attack response traps and both lose out to Compulsory (and Quilin in that matchup).

Armades is a nice card for certain, but with only 15 slots it seems rare that I would ever pick it over Catastor, Librarian or something like Naturia Beast in decks that can run it, without Type/Attribute support or interaction with other cards.

Candela

Candela

from nadirs

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1089 posts

What's your point?

They can't activate them in a battle involving Armades, how do you secure the other 5700 damage? They'll just Mirror Force/whatever your other monsters.

It is pretty good against Bujin, stops them from using Crane and Lance, etc... but Catastor bypasses both of those anyway. Armades does dodge attack response traps and both lose out to Compulsory (and Quilin in that matchup).

Armades is a nice card for certain, but with only 15 slots it seems rare that I would ever pick it over Catastor, Librarian or something like Naturia Beast in decks that can run it, without Type/Attribute support or interaction with other cards.

They can't activate any effects until the end of the damage step if Armades attacks. That means they can't respond to your other monsters with any other cards after Armades attacks. 

victor

victor

Heavenly Almighty Duelist

• »Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6695 posts

How come no one is talking about this card? It's pretty much the best card you can drop against Bujins, and it has so much utility in other situations. In Mermails it pretty much lets you OTK without fear.

Everybody running Bujin should know this already.

That's partially why you see Bujin running Compulsory, BTH, Vanity's Emptiness, in addition to Kaiser Colosseum (which stops the opponent from making Tuner + X in the first place).

Also, similar problem cards like Ally of Justice Catastor and Colossal Figher (beats over Yamato despite Crane) are also neutered by the aforementioned cards, so it's not like this is going to kill Bujin out of the blue.

------------

The best part about this card that not a lot of folks are talking about (apart from Shuren and some other BW people), is how Blackwings can now make this with Blizzard + Kalut, in addition to Catastor.

It also being Fiend, means Archfiends can make a 2800 ATK Citrine under Archfiend Panlabyrinth (though without Commander, not sure how viable that deck is atm).

------

Also, if it works like Citrine, then yes it does stop Gorz/Kalut/Honest, etc.

And it stops Dandylion and Pyramid Turtle if those decks ever happen.

Pharaoh Atem

Pharaoh Atem

The Ruler of Benevolence - Your Translator

• ~+-Superior of the In-Between-+~
  • 20499 posts

fuck you Catastor

TFJ

TFJ

Underworld Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1598 posts

What's your point?

They can't activate any effects until the end of the damage step if Armades attacks. That means they can't respond to your other monsters with any other cards after Armades attacks. 
My point? Damage step, not Battle phase.

Candela

Candela

from nadirs

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1089 posts

I don't see where you're going with this. 

Final_Vent

Final_Vent

oh nuh uh dont even

• Loyalist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4555 posts

meaning that after you attack with it, damage step will happen for that battle, then you can chose to attack with something else. But since that damage step ended, they don't get no special protection (unless your plan was to spam a billion of these guys or something)

http://yugioh.wikia....iki/Battle_Step

247px-TurnStructure.svg.png

Get With It

Get With It

have you gotten with it yet?

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

been playing around with agents lately, and you have super easy access to this card, i've been finding it pretty useful for ending the game and getting around lindes/rykos etc, but its applications are obviously limited

Wes

Wes

^____^

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

It's pretty underrated imo, I can see this being very useful in the future.

Candela

Candela

from nadirs

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1089 posts

meaning that after you attack with it, damage step will happen for that battle, then you can chose to attack with something else. But since that damage step ended, they don't get no special protection (unless your plan was to spam a billion of these guys or something)

http://yugioh.wikia....iki/Battle_Step

247px-TurnStructure.svg.png

Ah now I understand. I guess this limits its usefulness a lot. 

heaven

heaven

The real Captain Iglo

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1562 posts

The only thing you can otk through versus mermails is a abysslinde if I am not misstaken.

Pharaoh Atem

Pharaoh Atem

The Ruler of Benevolence - Your Translator

• ~+-Superior of the In-Between-+~
  • 20499 posts

logged in just to tell you all you're wrong and that indeed nothing's usable during the battle step if this card attacks

"until the end of the damage step" sets an end point, not a start point

and the start point is "if this card attacks", i.e., the moment in the battle step that you say "Armades attacks."

No Prison and nothing at Prison's timing

nothing else during the battle step either, including at points in the battle step outside of prison's timing

nothing at Catastor's timing

nothing at Ehren's timing

nothing during damage calc

nothing at Bear's timing

nothing after damage calc - that's DDWL's timing and timing of all Flip Effects triggered by being flipped by an attack

nothing at the end of the Step - that's Shura/Guaiba/Linde/Gorilla timing

TFJ

TFJ

Underworld Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1598 posts

logged in just to tell you all you're wrong and that indeed nothing's usable during the battle step if this card attacks

"until the end of the damage step" sets an end point, not a start point

and the start point is "if this card attacks", i.e., the moment in the battle step that you say "Armades attacks."

No Prison and nothing at Prison's timing

nothing else during the battle step either, including at points in the battle step outside of prison's timing

nothing at Catastor's timing

nothing at Ehren's timing

nothing during damage calc

nothing at Bear's timing

nothing after damage calc - that's DDWL's timing and timing of all Flip Effects triggered by being flipped by an attack

nothing at the end of the Step - that's Shura/Guaiba/Linde/Gorilla timing

Not sûre anyone was disagreeing. OP was under the belief that one Armades attack stopped all effects in the battle phase, so even another monsters declaration.

Morleh

Morleh

Kyaaah!~

• Duelist
  • 2180 posts

ITT: Misunderstandings.  :S

Night Wolf

Night Wolf

Roll the Dice!

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts

When HE attacks your opponent can't use effect, so if you attack with another monster they can activate whatever they want. It is till the end of damage step of HIS ATTACK, not every single one of your monsters. Don't get it confused with battle phase.

Hardwell

Hardwell

Padawan

• Duelist
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

damn this card looks like a super saiyan xD

Vice Captain Sanada

Vice Captain Sanada

i like when naruto uses rasengan

• Loyalist
  • 2684 posts

Silly Armades, you have a banana peel on your head! that's not where banana peels go

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users