Welcome to DuelistGroundz
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

raigeki break vs dragon ruler

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Dubkdad1

Dubkdad1

your daddy

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2477 posts
Player A has redox and tempest in grave and no other monsters, with Blaster in hand raigeki break set

Player B (me) Yamato with emptiness set

player A activates the summoning effect of blaster to summon from hand

player B activates emptiness on the chain.

player A chains 'geki break targeting emptiness using blaster in hand as the cost.

my question is, does the blaster get summoned?

IonCharge

IonCharge

Artistic, with a 'u'.

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1327 posts

misread the question

No.

Compare Dragon Ice

Spoiler

with Blaster

Spoiler

Because Blaster declares where it is activated (i.e. "If this card is in your hand or Graveyard:"), it must be in the same place. 

ibot

ibot

Knight of the Abyss

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

nvm

IonCharge

IonCharge

Artistic, with a 'u'.

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1327 posts

You can't compare it with Machina Fortress, Fortress is not an effect which activates. 

thoroughly modern afgncaap

thoroughly modern afgncaap

Professional Starfucker

• Loyalist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts
You can Summon it. Dragon ice even has a specific ruling saying that you can discard him for his own cost and then Summon him from the graveyard.

Dubkdad1

Dubkdad1

your daddy

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2477 posts
OMG! This is the 1st time in 2 years that I actually need/want Earl level gobblety-gook explanation for a ruling >.<

ness00

ness00

Number VII

• ~The Organization~
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1155 posts

OMG! This is the 1st time in 2 years that I actually need/want Earl level gobblety-gook explanation for a ruling >.<

I think probbaly the best explanation you'll get is that Machina Fortress and Dragon Ice just have the right properties to get away with being dumped in the Graveyard, while other effects don't.

Those right properties would be that the place where you can activate the effect (or initiate the Summon) and the place where the monster may end up after paying the cost do match.

I.e. Dragon Ice tells you that you can Summon it from the Graveyard, and its cost can make it end up in the Graveyard, therefore the resolution would assume Dragon Ice was there in the first place. Blaster would consider that its effect would Summon itself from the Hand, and if it's in the Graveyard, it doesn't work.

HopeThisWoRKs

HopeThisWoRKs

Cut a Nigga Smooth

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts
They ruled at the Anaheim regional that it needs to stay where it activated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users