Welcome to DuelistGroundz
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

BT15: Infinite Rebirth

218 replies to this topic

Lequier

Lequier

u jelly

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
BZVGhkPCMAAyHvD.jpg

BZV-7b4CQAAEqaL.jpg

Clans: Gold Paladin, Shadow Paladin, Kagero, Megacolony, Aqua Force, Link Joker, Pale Moon

Release Date: February 28th 2014

Looks like a very end gameish set to me. Probably the final set of the season as Doctor O called it the climax of the Link Joke Hen season. Also LJ is pretty much Anti Spiral by this point.

Keyboard Warrior Cromat

Keyboard Warrior Cromat

絶望王-Des Topia

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4620 posts

lol how is lj antisprial

more like verz really

Chris Buraseru

Chris Buraseru

Abyss Dragon

• Moderoid
  • 5026 posts

It's a combination if anything. I mean, Anti-Spiral really lacked a physical form until they went up against Team Dai-Guren with their body part mechs, but Verz do have the infection part down, so it's really both.

That aside, NEW SHADOW PALADINS BRING THAT SHIT SON. I want the lore for Mordred Phantom the Blaster more than his skill honestly. I also think it should be interesting how they supplement Luquier or Pale Moon in general since show-wise since Asaka doesn't have access to Luquier "R" anymore. Though like Naoki she'll probably get a really good stand alone unit instead of another Crossride. 

Also:

BZV-7b4CQAAEqaL.jpg

Mordred is definitely PBO. Is anyone else getting intense BT05 nostalgia from the PBO/Starcall Trumpeter shit? It feels like it happened so long ago. I just love how they retrain units between clans, it makes you feel like every clan has a special headliner unit.

Matticus

Matticus

Ground Duelist

• Duelist
  • 2586 posts

He's saying LJ is anti-spiral because the creature on the poster kind of resembles the dark TTGL that was in the final ep a little.

Also, I was kind of hoping for Daikaiser crossbreak. Tears.

Chris Buraseru

Chris Buraseru

Abyss Dragon

• Moderoid
  • 5026 posts

You and me both know that a Daikaiser Crossbreak CANNOT exist. It'd be like if Yusei achieved a level beyond the Limit Over Accel Synchro Summon and then summoned a card with the strength of 1 million of the many Team Dai-Guren's that occupy parallel worlds Spiral Power. The multiverse would collapse.

That said, I believe that Koutei is just Yusei from a different universe.

Keyboard Warrior Cromat

Keyboard Warrior Cromat

絶望王-Des Topia

• Duelist
  • 4620 posts

there will still be a daikaiser break ride

gonna bet its going to be the daiyusha after daikaiser sacrificed himself to combine with dark daiyusha to purge him of void

Chris Buraseru

Chris Buraseru

Abyss Dragon

• Moderoid
  • 5026 posts

there will still be a daikaiser break ride

gonna bet its going to be the daiyusha after daikaiser sacrificed himself to combine with dark daiyusha to purge him of void

Evidence or no@the first part.

Where the hell did you get any of this because it sure as hell isn't card lore@the 2nd part.

Keyboard Warrior Cromat

Keyboard Warrior Cromat

絶望王-Des Topia

• Duelist
  • 4620 posts

wild mass guessing

Siulzen

Siulzen

Sorcerer

• -The Nobodies-
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1290 posts

Very wild mass guessing.  :D

There's still one more new card for Dimension Police in that deluxe Starter Set they're advertising, so maybe it'll be something good for them.

LeoXenon

LeoXenon

Bored

• Duelist
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

What if they decide to make a Pale Moon ride chain? It's possible.

Chris Buraseru

Chris Buraseru

Abyss Dragon

• Moderoid
  • 5026 posts

It's possible, sure. But it's probably more likely for them to polish Luquier's fangs fully before moving on to something else.

DracheEpsilon

DracheEpsilon

Plain Old Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

I am really curious as to what new palemoons are going to be in this set.  They are still one of my favorite clans i like to play, despite playing them bad and not sticking to a decent build.

Final_Vent

Final_Vent

oh nuh uh dont even

• Loyalist
  • 4548 posts

It's possible, sure. But it's probably more likely for them to polish Luquier's fangs fully before moving on to something else.

1483350_10201176105905696_1289047284_n.j

Spoiler

Chris Buraseru

Chris Buraseru

Abyss Dragon

• Moderoid
  • 5026 posts
Aaaaaand my Psyqualia is back.

Matticus

Matticus

Ground Duelist

• Duelist
  • 2586 posts
If we don't get a Daikaiser crossride, can I at least have an 11k OG Daiyusha?

Also, dat new Silver Thorn.

Lequier

Lequier

u jelly

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

pretty sure the only thing I have to really say here is "my waifus"

At least Luquier's actually silver now. Black and red weren't particularly... silverish. 

And PRD looks great, sure doesn't miss out on leg day

Siulzen

Siulzen

Sorcerer

• -The Nobodies-
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1290 posts

BT15-079_zpsd6283a8b.jpg

Miss Direction

Clan: Pale Moon
Race: Succubus 

AUTO【Soul】: When another «Pale Moon» is placed on R from your soul, if you have a «Pale Moon» vanguard, you may call this card to R. If you do, at the end of that turn, put this unit into your soul.

Miss Click

Miss Click

Bittersweet Symphony

• Moderoid
  • 3467 posts

That's not bad at all actually. Peek-A-Boo and Robert would work good.

Keyboard Warrior Cromat

Keyboard Warrior Cromat

絶望王-Des Topia

• Duelist
  • 4620 posts

needs to combo to work

Miss Click

Miss Click

Bittersweet Symphony

• Moderoid
  • 3467 posts

needs to combo to work

Welcome to Pale Moon.

Miss Click

Miss Click

Bittersweet Symphony

• Moderoid
  • 3467 posts

Has Pale Moon got any reliable damage-flipping cards? I'm thinking of a conservative deck that sucks up soul via Robert/Jugglers and use Magician of Quantum Mechanics to CB1 each turn and call out Glenn with this card following it for a decent 18K line that hits everything for mid-range. Also using Peek-A-Boo's to form two attacking rows allowing you to conserve other cards in your hand.

Kahu

Kahu

The Ruler of Earl's Projects - Not Earl

• ~The Organization~
  • 3056 posts

I guess we'll be getting Maelstrom Reverse.

LeoXenon

LeoXenon

Bored

• Duelist
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

I guess we'll be getting Maelstrom Reverse.

I don't know...it's more likely to be Trans-Core Reverse.

Chris Buraseru

Chris Buraseru

Abyss Dragon

• Moderoid
  • 5026 posts

Aaaaaaand we got Maelstrom-R.

Final_Vent

Final_Vent

oh nuh uh dont even

• Loyalist
  • 4548 posts

it's just like trans-core (which it also seems to have good synergy with): fucked if u block it and fucked if u don't. Lock isn't much of a cost considering its effect has to be the 4th attack min. anyway and it's when u attack with it has to lock a standing aqua force unit actual but still good

Keyboard Warrior Cromat

Keyboard Warrior Cromat

絶望王-Des Topia

• Duelist
  • 4620 posts

didnt watch episode, someone fill me in?

Chris Buraseru

Chris Buraseru

Abyss Dragon

• Moderoid
  • 5026 posts

http://cardfight.wik...strom_"Reverse"

Keyboard Warrior Cromat

Keyboard Warrior Cromat

絶望王-Des Topia

• Duelist
  • 4620 posts

lmao so its actually just strictly better than maelstrom? obv apart from the chaos breaker thing

Keyboard Warrior Cromat

Keyboard Warrior Cromat

絶望王-Des Topia

• Duelist
  • 4620 posts

this also has to be the biggest asspull episode ever.

Keyboard Warrior Cromat

Keyboard Warrior Cromat

絶望王-Des Topia

• Duelist
  • 4620 posts

peopel are saying that its "lock a standing RG" which explains why leon kept lockign thje booster

Matticus

Matticus

Ground Duelist

• Duelist
  • 2586 posts

didnt watch episode, someone fill me in?

"Man, justice sure does suck"
"YOU'RE NOT ME! I WOULDNT SAY THAT!"
"I am the shadow, the true self"

and then Maelstrom Reverse boss fight.

Episode was a letdown tbh. Maelstrom Reverse is cool though.

Final_Vent

Final_Vent

oh nuh uh dont even

• Loyalist
  • 4548 posts

episode was funny for them building up Maelstrom R

"OMG A CRIT AND 5k POWER, ARE U NOT IMPRESSED LEON AND PEOPLE OF CARDFIGHT?"

"oh great, just another crit+power LB4 unit, like we don't have enough of those"

"...oh and btw if it doesn't hit I also get cb1 to retire a card and draw a card"

"say WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"

Chris Buraseru

Chris Buraseru

Abyss Dragon

• Moderoid
  • 5026 posts

Honestly, I'm glad Maelstrom R was created. For me, when it came out Maelstrom wasn't only a really fucking good unit but was also a threatening one. It also has the Descendant kill style that is so fucking amazing. And it's Machindramon with MetalGreymon's yell.

Miss Click

Miss Click

Bittersweet Symphony

• Moderoid
  • 3467 posts

tumblr_mylm219RXp1r66vhzo1_400.jpg

Starry Sky Liberator, Guinevere
[AUTO]:[Counter-Blast 1] When this unit is placed on (GC), if you have a vanguard with “Liberator” in its card name, you may pay the cost. If you do, this unit gets [Shield] +5000 for each of your <Gold Paladin> rear-guards until end of that battle.

Well lol, this thing is crazy good and doesn't restrict you like Sentinels.

Donnie

Donnie

マーベラス

• Duelist
  • 4517 posts
Are you really going to run this and a Sentinel, if not, sure it's good, but you're not going to play it over a normal null or quintet wall.

Also Sentinels aren't subject to RG sniping.

Keyboard Warrior Cromat

Keyboard Warrior Cromat

絶望王-Des Topia

• Duelist
  • 4620 posts

backrow rg sniping doesnt exist anymore, and if they want to rape ur front row instead of ur vg, the guy is still insanely high defense. at worst its a 5k shield.

i don't know how i feel chucking these in a deck. it'll be good for something like aforce or angel feather dairobo and shit that doesn't use that much counterblast but together with sentinel you're chucking in a bunch of 6k's in your deck as shitty boosters and they're not so good in GP erads since they're too counterblast heavy.

bascially free in genesis though. lol.

Keyboard Warrior Cromat

Keyboard Warrior Cromat

絶望王-Des Topia

• Duelist
  • 4620 posts

also inb4 ezel gets one thats 7k and soul charges one

Donnie

Donnie

マーベラス

• Duelist
  • 4517 posts

backrow rg sniping doesnt exist anymore, and if they want to rape ur front row instead of ur vg, the guy is still insanely high defense. at worst its a 5k shield.

i don't know how i feel chucking these in a deck. it'll be good for something like aforce or angel feather dairobo and shit that doesn't use that much counterblast but together with sentinel you're chucking in a bunch of 6k's in your deck as shitty boosters and they're not so good in GP erads since they're too counterblast heavy.

Not true Chaos Breaker Dragon exists(not even mentioning regular LJ lock stuffz), and Dauntless Reverse was just released, not that it matters because sniping G2s is the most effective strategy if your opponent was playing this card.

As far as attacking RGs, instead of the VG, if I attack your RG knowing you have this, I essentially rob you 10k Guarding power if I successfully hit a grade 2. Even if I don't hit, I'm able to force a 10k Guard for something you'd normally just let die.

With these you have to consider units on field when guarding as opposed to actual Sentinels, when you can intercept or just let rear guards die without sacrificing defensive power.

Overall I just think it ends up being a more exploitable psuedo-Sentinel.

Keyboard Warrior Cromat

Keyboard Warrior Cromat

絶望王-Des Topia

• Duelist
  • 4620 posts

Not true Chaos Breaker Dragon exists(not even mentioning regular LJ lock stuffz), and Dauntless Reverse was just released, not that it matters because sniping G2s is the most effective strategy if your opponent was playing this card.

As far as attacking RGs, instead of the VG, if I attack your RG knowing you have this, I essentially rob you 10k Guarding power if I successfully hit a grade 2. Even if I don't hit, I'm able to force a 10k Guard for something you'd normally just let die.

With these you have to consider units on field when guarding as opposed to actual Sentinels, when you can intercept or just let rear guards die without sacrificing defensive power.

Overall I just think it ends up being a more exploitable psuedo-Sentinel.

first if CBD is locking u then ur shields worhtless that turn anyway. 2nd dauntless reverse is pretty bad, yes it snipes backrow but on the turn the reverse attacks, the shield will get the power before ur RGs die. over multiple turns? maybe. but i assume that if u cant replace ur RGs after a dauntless attack and can't kill them whiel they're at 4 with ur lb then ur probably losing the logn game anyway.

3 is that if they attack ur RGs, ur RG is serving as a 10k shield. if it was an interceptor then u lose 5k shield for the interceptor and 5k more for the shields being down but gain 10k cuz u didnt have to guard the RG if it had attacked ur vg instead, if it was a g3 u dont lose any intercept and u gain 10k cuz u didnt have to guard their RG etc. even if lets say i got vermillioned or whatever, my backrows are still intact and for a CB 1 its a 20k shield by itself, acting effectively as a perfect guard for 1 CB that turn.

like its easy to say that sure, they can attack ur front row to reduce ur shield power but with only 3 backrow its still 20k for 1 card which is enough to block most vgs for 2 to pass.

Donnie

Donnie

マーベラス

• Duelist
  • 4517 posts

The backrow RG sniping wasn't actually relevant to the discussion except to say that it exists, not to discuss how effective either are versus mock-Guard. Which is why the majority of the post focused on G2 Sniping something that any clan can do.

I'm not going to go through every scenario, but just going to pull out the only relevant comment in your post, "acting effectively as a perfect guard", so why does it need to exist, was my whole point. This unit has to try so hard to imitate a Sentinel when the real things are available for play, the best RGs are 8-9k, and all the VGs these days 11k so you can't really afford to be playing multiple 6ks, and playing multiple guarding units will cause clogging in your hands, where you'll be forced to call them out early game where they aren't as useful, as well as bogging down the power of your pushes into late game or you conserve them and give up any sort of early game push.

This all just goes back to my original statement would you play this and Sentinels, probably not.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users