Welcome to DuelistGroundz
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Jan 1st Chaos Plants

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Loaded Dice

Loaded Dice

Montreal Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2672 posts
Here's my list after quite a bit of tweaking. 

Monsters: 26

|1| Caius the Shadow Monarch
|2| Chaos Sorcerer
|1| Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning
|1| Gorz the Emissary of Darkness

|2| Effect Veiler
|2| Maxx C
|2| Ryko
|3| Tour Guide
|1| Night Assailant
|1| Debris Dragon
|1| Thunder King Rai-Oh
|1| Spirit Reaper
|1| Spore
|1| Dandylion
|2| Lonefire Blossom
|2| Card Trooper
|2| Reborn Tengu

Spells: 7

|1| Book of Moon
|1| Foolish Burial
|2| Mystical Space Typhoon
|1| Enemy Controller
|1| Dark Hole
|1| One for One

Traps: 8

|2| Call of the Haunted
|2| Fiendish Chain
|1| Dimesnsional Prison
|1| Compulsory Evacuation Device 
|1| Solemn Warning
|1| Torrential Tribute

There are so many times that I want that extra plant for lonefire. I'm considering tytannial, but every time I try her, her fat ass makes its way to my hand. 

Gojira

Gojira

Ground Duelist

• Essex
  • 2579 posts
It just doesn't seem powerful enough. Sure there's a lot of plays, but they aren't winning you the game, they're just good plays.

RobertM

RobertM

Knight of the Abyss

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Basically what Workshop said - this deck doesn't have a good way to apply consistent pressure on the opponent (compared to the theoretical meta-game of Jan 2014).  This deck has 12 normal summons, not counting NA, Spore, Dandy, or Plague.  You probably have a decent matchup vs Bujins and maybe Geargia but that's about it.  Unless you open Card Trooper or E-con, what are you going to threaten your opponent with?  Level 8 Synchro plays are nice, but you only get to use Spore once.  Level 6s are underwhelming, level 5s are ok, and Black Rose is Black Rose, but there's no way to follow-up.  Magician of Faith seems very slow and I don't see what you'd want to grab back with it except for maybe an E-con.  PWWB isn't great without free cards to discard, I'd run Mirror Force/D-Prison to protect the Ryko.  Caius seems like a good idea too, two Sorc and a BLS isn't really enough.  Maybe Zephyros if you find room for Fiendish.

Loaded Dice

Loaded Dice

Montreal Duelist

• Duelist
  • 2672 posts

Basically what Workshop said - this deck doesn't have a good way to apply consistent pressure on the opponent (compared to the theoretical meta-game of Jan 2014).  This deck has 12 normal summons, not counting NA, Spore, Dandy, or Plague.  You probably have a decent matchup vs Bujins and maybe Geargia but that's about it.  Unless you open Card Trooper or E-con, what are you going to threaten your opponent with?  Level 8 Synchro plays are nice, but you only get to use Spore once.  Level 6s are underwhelming, level 5s are ok, and Black Rose is Black Rose, but there's no way to follow-up.  Magician of Faith seems very slow and I don't see what you'd want to grab back with it except for maybe an E-con.  PWWB isn't great without free cards to discard, I'd run Mirror Force/D-Prison to protect the Ryko.  Caius seems like a good idea too, two Sorc and a BLS isn't really enough.  Maybe Zephyros if you find room for Fiendish.

After testing 5 mins with the deck, I already cut magician of faith. tweaking things atm. Going to try and make this competitive. 

Edit*

Modified the decklist a little bit

Brian Clark

Brian Clark

the artist formerly known as gavony township

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts

what does your extra look like atm?

RobertM

RobertM

Knight of the Abyss

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Better.  Still, 28 monsters seems a bit top-heavy to me given this deck's lack of thinning power outside of milling.  I'd probably cut the dragons entirely, 2/2 isn't the greatest ratio to start with since there's a much higher risk than with 3/3 that you'll only end up with the floating going one way and they're not easy to feed early game in this deck.  That puts you down to 38, which should probably go to +1 Allure and +1 Mirror Force (and cut a CotH for a second - it's only good mid-late game outside of T-King, opening with it is pretty balls).

Stones

Stones

Plain Old Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Scapegoat seems like it could be good in this list.

Kyary

Kyary

Pasta Chef

• Loyalist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1731 posts

KAcPk9b.png

This was a list I was messing around with.  Side is irrelevant, etc.

I still wanna add another Caius or something like that, but I never tried the Ebony/Ivory dragons.

Loaded Dice

Loaded Dice

Montreal Duelist

• Duelist
  • 2672 posts

^ you don't find yourself wanting another plant for lonefire? Believe it or not, but I'll prob try out tytannial. Also cutting the chaos dragons. Must reduce the clunk. 

krylife

krylife

Plain Old Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Why did you decide not to play One for One?

Loaded Dice

Loaded Dice

Montreal Duelist

• Duelist
  • 2672 posts

Why did you decide not to play One for One?

I'm cutting the level 4 chaos dragons. There's not really much to abuse it with (at least with what I'm testing). 

* edited the op

Dark Armed Thumper

Dark Armed Thumper

Random Duelist

• Most Wanted
  • 2485 posts
Why no crane crane?

Loaded Dice

Loaded Dice

Montreal Duelist

• Duelist
  • 2672 posts

Why no crane crane?

The deck has changed quite a bit from the original version I was testing. It was more chaos heavy and there was no room for crane crane. I will have to reconsider certain choices. 

Kanade

Kanade

Winged Angel

• Duelist
  • 2381 posts

I feel Crane Crane grind with Redox/Tempest is much better than this. Meliae is too strong of a card for plants to ignore.

Loaded Dice

Loaded Dice

Montreal Duelist

• Duelist
  • 2672 posts

I feel Crane Crane grind with Redox/Tempest is much better than this. Meliae is too strong of a card for plants to ignore.

You might be right. But I'm testing this version atm. Once I'm done exams, I'll focus more on this deck. I have a dragon plant idea that in theory may seem viable.

falolipe

falolipe

Tomb Keeper

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

why do you cut the chaos dragons before chaos sorcerer? sorcerer is dead a lot more and the chaos dragons works well with lonefire for librarían + scrap or tribute for caius/enemy controller, make catastor + lavalval chain with debris (bls for days), its a great toolbox overall... I know chaos sorcerer is at 2 and its a chaos monster, but at the end its not that great anyway only in the late game is great

also dichotomy is awesome, not just for the +1 but getting back debris, bls, black rose, etc.

I think the chaos dragons are the 2014 tengu, you just need to give them consistency and a way to abuse them

Stones

Stones

Plain Old Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
The dragons are just a cute trick. I've lost every game that I open one. Don't get me wrong they're good just not as good as they seem. Also sorc doesn't need to be a 2 of in this deck. One for one has been testing really well with 3 veiler. Not as powerful as it used to be but it never will be without bulb. Also tytanial is really powerful early to mid game in game one it's a must side out card though which I'm not a huge fan of. I really like this concept though, more testing is required but so far it's amazing.

J.A.C.K.

J.A.C.K.

Guardian

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts
I don't see why your using trooper in here.

You dont play pot of dichotomy . You have more efficient ways of accessing your dark monsters. Your lights monsters can/ will be drawn n used more effectively.

You also have 2 monsters that work best in the gy (dandy/spore) or which foolish burial is enough.

Ryko also seems very slow this format.

J.A.C.K.

J.A.C.K.

Guardian

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts
I don't see why your using trooper in here.

You dont play pot of dichotomy. You have more efficient ways of accessing your dark monsters. Your lights monsters can/ will be drawn n used more efficiently.

You also have 2 monsters that work best in the gy (dandy/spore) of which foolish burial is enough.

Ryko also seems very slow this format.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users