Welcome to DuelistGroundz
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The ultimate pin topic.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

Gen^2

Gen^2

"The Evil Mod" (retired)

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts
This thread is here to address commonly asked questions. Mods and admins feel free to add anytime, any thread that can be answered using this FAQ will be locked on site.

RULES:

--
1. Use the SEARCH function before posting. If you find a topic thats just what your looking for..guess what? YOU SAVED 5 MINUTES OF YOUR LFE!! Also keeps us people from wasting our time answering the same question over and over again.

--
2. If it's a problem with a program, please write down the exact steps you did to reach that problem. Saying that "you just got a problem" frankly just DOESNT TELL US ENOUGH, so we waste time trying to blindly guess the solution, until you unveil an important detail which could've saved us, and you some valuable time. Sometimes, the solution is so damn simple, I can train my grandma to do it BLINDFOLDED.

Examples:

Shitty post-

O Program (x) doesn't run, what am I doing wrong?

*then proceeding posts consits of interrigating your problem,and guessing the solution*

(*true story*)

Complainer: I've downloaded the sets for YVD, why won't they work?

Member: Have you tried unzipping the file?

Complainer: No.

Other situations involve the complainer NOT PUTTING THE FILES WHERE THEY BELONG (i.e. unzipping them on the desktop. =/ ) If this sounds like you, then I implore you to jump off a bridge.

Awesome Post-

Program (x) gives me (x) error message. I've tring doing so and so, but it still won't work.

Well then Mr. Smarty Pants, all you gotta do to cure (x) is to do blah blablibly blah blah blah.

--
3. Any thread that can be answered using this FAQ will be locked on site.

--
4. READ THE BELOW Q & A SECTION BEFORE POSTING.

--
5. The title of the thread must be a simple phrase discribing the suggestion.

For example

NOT ACCEPTABLE:
"Suggestion"
"I have a suggestion"
"Listen to this"
etc.

ACCEPTABLE:
New mod team
COTD Team
RPG Hack
---------------

6. TALKING IN ALL CAPS MAKE YOU LOOK LIKE A JACKASS. SO DON'T DO IT. UNLESS THATS WHAT YOU WANT PEOPLE THINK.

--
7. ALL QUESTIONS REGARDING SETS FOR YVD WILL BE LOCKED, AND THE POSTER SHALL BE DEEMED STUPID FOR NOT FOLLOWING THE NEXT RULE.

---

And finally, 7:

GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND.

note, examples are in no way to promote said suggestions, nor hint of anything of that sort taking place.
-------------------------------------------------

Q: How do I get a sig, banner, avatar, etc??

A: First, you must have a URL (link) to that image. Then you must click on My Controls and the click on Edit Signature for imputting IMGs in your sig, or Edit Avatar Settings to input an avatar. Links to images in the sig must have the [img] tag to work.

Q: Can I have a custom title?

A: Only loyalists and above may have a custom title. Some exceptions may be made.

Q: How do I make a Sig/Avatar?

A: You can use MS Paint, Photo Shop 7, or Paint Shop Pro to make your own sigs. Self explainitory

Q: How do I get an image from my computer online?

A: You need hosting. Try Host My Sig for free image hosting.

Q: Can some one make me an avatar?

A: Yes, post your request in the GFX request section. Maybe some one would make you one if you ask KINDLY enough.

Q: Wtfux0rz? It won't let me post right after I made another post!

A: Dude, there's this thing called flood control where it keeps people like you from posting too much. Wait a minute after posting to post again.

Q: How do I duel on the forums?

A: You can't. Download this program called Yu-Gi-Oh! Virtual Desktop, and duel friends over that.

Q: How do I form a clan?

A: Post in the Unlesh Your Clan topic in the clan section. Get your approval from NecroWind

Q: Wtf is a Loyalist? HOW can I be a loyalist?

A: (quoted from Vash the Stampede)You follow the rules no matter what, you help out the staff with reporting rippers and advertisers, you ask some people you know who are tired of boring forums to come here, report any brakings of rules, and you are an active member on the board.

Like Xeno said, as a Loyalist you can get your own member title and you can go into the Forbidden Fortress. And being Loyalist will give you more opportunities on the board, and you are higher than a normal member. Basically you are in between a Mod and a member, you get new powers, but you don't have a lot of power.

Q: Can I be a mod?

A: No. The more you ask, the more we are inclined to not give it to you. So, don't whine that you didn't get the spot. Show that you deserve it.

Q: Can I be an Admin?

A: Hell no. Refere to above answer.

Q: So and so is flamming me and being a douch! WHAT DO I DO?!?!?!

A: Post your complain in The Pit of Shame, Admins will take care of the rest. Try to solve it on your own on the board, and the both of you will most likely be banned.

Q: Wtf is this bunch of squares by my name? AND WHY IS IT FULL?!?!?

A: Well, it's a game we're playing on DG. The object of the game is to get 100% FULL WARNING POINTS! What do you get as a prize? 1 week suspension! How do you do it? By simply breaking the rules, emitting enough stupidity to power a vibrator, and just simply do things that people would hate your guts for doing it. Good luck!

Q: Alright, my opponent plays Harpie's Feather Duster, then I play Imperial Order, which is chained by the oppnent playing Jinzo (through Call of the Haunted), but then I activate Offerings to the Dewmed to kill Jinzo, but before the chian resolves HE CHAINS with his foot to my face. I'm guess what I'm trying to say is...how do you post?

A: Just click on the button marked "Post"
----------------------

-End Transmission.

shook

shook

tha reel mudkip

• BANHAMMERED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1754 posts

post Sep 28 2003, 11:44 PM

shook

shook