Welcome to DuelistGroundz
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Dragunity - Discussion

September 2011 Format Dragunity

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
234 replies to this topic

cottoncandymajinbuu

cottoncandymajinbuu

here to show the world

• »Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14640 posts

Dragunity - Discussion

Dragunity is a new decktype, formed through cards released in Hidden Arsenal 3 and Structure Deck: Dragunity's Legion. Dragunity is basically a poor man's TeleDAD, using many of the same concepts and plays TeleDAD used with more balanced cards and a far more streamlined and much less versatile monster lineup. The deck aims to drop Stardust Dragon turn 1 and ride it to victory, continously dropping Synchros while camping on the Stardust to force through their plays.

Monsters commonly played in Dragunity:

Posted Image

Phalanx is the heartbeat of the deck. The common play is to go Summon Dux (see below), equip Phalanx and Special Summon it to the field, Synchro Summon Dragunity Knight - Vajrayana, equip Phalanx and Special Summon it to the field, Synchro Summon for a Level 8 Synchro of your choice. Using Dragon Ravine and Cards of Consonance you can accomplish this play on your first turn frequently, normally ending your first turn with a Stardust Dragon to protect Dragon Ravine.

Posted Image

See Phalanx for common plays. Dux is also useful as a 1900 beater when equipped with Phalanx and being a Winged Beast for Icarus Attack if you choose to go that route.

Posted Image

Akyls is an alternate tuner for the deck, and 2 copies have became the standard for most Dragunity builds. The ideal play is to go summon Legionnaire (see below), equip Akyls and activate Legionnaire's effect to destroy a face-up monster. After this chain resolves, Akyls will activate and destroy another card on the field of your choosing! This play is especially useful for clearing fields to setup Dux plays next turn and clearing fields.
Ruling Note: Akyls is a mandatory effect, so if your opponent only has 1 face-up monster on the field and you send Akyls with Legionnaire's effect you must destroy 1 of your own cards.

Posted Image

See Akyls for common plays. Legionnaire can also be used to get Phalanx and make a LV5 Synchro of your choice.

And now we have reached the tough part. The deck essentially has 4 monsters it can run right now without problems, but even if you max all 4 you will only have 12 monsters. The key to the deck's success will be finding ways to win without Dragon Ravine and finding the right mix of monsters outside of the previously listed 4.

Posted Image

I would like to believe Zephyros is essentially a staple. You can dump it with Ravine, it is a Level 4 Winged Beast so you can make Vajrayana with it, and it allows you to return Ravine or Monsters that got hit by Effect Veiler to your hand for reusage.

Other Monster options:
Breaker the Magical Warrior
D.D. Crow
Dragunity Arma Mystletainn
Dragunity Arma Leyvaten
Effect Veiler
Maxx "C"
Morphing Jar
Reborn Tengu
Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon
Red-Eyes Wyvern
Sangan
Tour Guide From the Underworld

Spells & Traps commonly played in Dragunity:

Posted Image

You should run 3 copies of this alongside 3 copies of Terraforming. You always want to see Dragon Ravine turn 1 because opening with it drastically increases your chances of winning the game. If you have extra copies of Terraforming or Ravine, you can just pitch them to activate Ravine. Dragon Ravine makes the entire deck flow seamlessly, you absolutely need to see it as soon as you can. However, you should be wary of Mystical Space Typhoon (and Dust Tornado, which is once again increasing in popularity) on your Dragon Ravine and you should always try to avoid playing Ravine until you have cleared their backrows or believe with a strong conviction that they do not have MST set.

Posted Image

Essentially a Destiny Draw for the deck, Dragunity should be running anywhere between 5-6 targets for Consonance. You can Ravine targets into your hand or pitch dead copies of Consonance to activate Ravine so at least 2 copies is pretty much mandatory in here.

Pot of Duality has always been a point of contention for Dragunity players. Duality helps you get out of poor hands, but when the deck gets rolling you will most likely never want to activate it. You may be able to play Duality on your second turn if you made Stardust Dragon turn 1 to dig for more defensive removal, but you have to be careful here because if your opponent has Mystical Space Typhoon they can chain it to Pot of Duality and you will either have to sacrifice the Stardust to protect it or lose the Ravine.

Icarus Attack is also noteworthy. Legionnaire and Dux are both targets for it, but most of the time it is better to Synchro with Dux. Icarus is invalueable for clearing backrows to let you go off, but unlike Blackwing, Dragunity cannot take advantage of Icarus Attack quite as easily and does not have nearly as many targets.

Dimensional Prison versus Bottomless Trap Hole is an on-going debate. Some builds even choose to run neither. Bottomless protects Stardust Dragon from Chaos Sorcerer/Black Luster Soldier by allowing you to chain Bottomless Trap Hole to the summon and then chaining Stardust Dragon to negate Bottomless and destroy it and dodge the effect, but Prison is better if you go 2nd and they already have a troublesome monster (such as Thunder King Rai-Oh) on the field. The biggest issue with Dragunity is going 2nd and not being able to clear the field so most players prefer Dimensional Prison for this reason. 1 copy of each is also a viable choice.

Extra Deck Staples:
2-3 Dragunity Knight - Vajrayana
1 Ally of Justice Catastor
1 Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
1 Scrap Dragon
1 Stardust Dragon
1 Thought Ruler Archfiend

Posted Image

Common plays are listed under Phalanx, although it is also worth noting that Vajrayana can get back Aklys then send it to the Graveyard to go up to 3800 ATK and destroy a card in the process.

Colosssal Fighter and Thought Ruler Archfiend are also both viable options, but due to the release of more Extra Deck options you may find you do not have room for both. I feel this spot will become a meta pick, just choose whichever one you feel helps you deal with other meta cards better at the time.

Red Dragon Archfiend is also an option for being able to clear walls, but Scrap Dragon can normally handle this.

I see no reason to bother with Dragunity - Gae Bulg and Dragunity - Gae Dearg. Vajrayana does the same thing as Gae Bulg, except Vajrayana is infinitely better. Gae Dearg's only usefulness is if you choose to Main a copy of D.D. Crow, as it lets you search it but this is hardly worth an Extra Deck slot unless the meta develops to the point mained Crow is everywhere.

T.G. Hyper Librarian should also be included normally, as it can be very good to go into it with Legionnaire + Phalanx and make them think twice about Synchro plays.

A few things about playing Dragunity worth noting:
While Dragunity appears to most as a very simple deck to play due to the straightforward nature of the cards and builds, Dragunity is actually quite a difficult deck to play correctly. You will generally have a multitude of options for your Synchro plays and you have to make the proper decisions on which Synchro you will need. It is not always as easy as summoning Stardust Dragon and setting 4 backrow, especially now that Heavy Storm is legal.

If you do not know what you are playing against, or are playing against a deck that could be running Dimensional Prison you should avoid attacking with Stardust Dragon into backrows. The average player tends to get greedy here and will end up losing the Stardust Dragon to Dimensional Prison, which ends the lock and lets the opponent back into game. Unless you absolutely need to end the game soon or you will lose you should make safe plays and continue to camp behind the Stardust Dragon and continue pressing with other Synchros.

You must also be wary of Gorz the Emissary of Darkness, who can come down after a Stardust attack and ruin everything.

Avoid playing Ravine into backrows unless you are in a position where you have no other choice. I have lost count of the amount of times I have seen the following posts:

MST > Dragunity
This deck fucking sucks, they chain MST on Ravine and you lose

While it is true MST chained to your Dragon Ravine blows, if this is happenening to you on a consistant basis you are playing Dragunity poorly. Sometimes you will indeed just have to go for or you will lose, but just because you have a hand that can Ravine combo on your 1st turn does not mean it is always the optimal play to do so. You want to avoid activating Ravine unless you can make a Stardust Dragon to protect it, otherwise your Ravine is a sitting duck. You should be patient and try to force out backrows and gather reads on your opponent's backrows before going off, otherwise you will be in for a world of hurt and quick defeats. If you have a good hand but you went second, don't blow it. Be patient and wait for an opening. Admittedly there are certain decks and times you cannot do this, but for the most part patience is the key to Dragunity.

In conclusion, Dragunity is a deck with a simple but effective gameplan. You might see all the plays coming in Dragunity, but that does not necessarily mean you can stop all the plays. This deck had a brief time in the spotlight at the beginning of the previous format before falling off the map, but on the bright side most of the decks bad matchups (Six Samurai, Frog Monarch, Fish OTK) got hit significantly by the banlist. While Agents are indeed a problem Legionnaire + Akyls can clear Kristya fields and the deck no longer has to worry about people consistently setting 3 backrow turn 1.

CyberEnd Dragon

CyberEnd Dragon

Brave Heart

• Duelist
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
Monsters: 16
3 Dragunity Dux
3 Dragunity Phalanx
3 Dragunity Aklys
3 Dragunity Legionnaire
2 Effect Veiler
1 Dragunity Arma Leyvaten
1 Dragunity Arma Mystletainn

Spells: 16
3 Dragon Ravine
2 Mystical Space Typhoon
3 Terraforming
3 Cards of Consonance
1 Book of Moon
1 Dark Hole
1 Heavy Storm
1 Monster Reborn
1 Pot of Avarice

Traps: 6
2 Solemn Warning
1 Mirror Force
1 Solemn Judgment
2 Call of the Haunted

Extra Deck: 14
1 Ally of Justice Catastor
1 Black Rose Dragon
1 Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
1 Colossal Fighter
3 Dragunity Knight - Vajrayana
1 Dragunity Gae Bulg
1 Scrap Dragon
2 Stardust Dragon
1 Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
1 Thought Ruler Archfiend
1 Trident Dragion

Deck isnt at 40 on here can't remember some cards. This is what I have at the moment need to get a zephyros and I'm forgetting a few other cards in the list, this was just off the top of my head (at work & deck isn't with me) also have a missing synchro don't remember what that is either. Will update this after work, but wanted to just kinda start off with a standard build basically and tweak it as time goes basically and just want to make this the best I can without tour guides and what not.

kidneysrgood

kidneysrgood

Surgeon Ninja

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
Monsters: 19
3 Dragunity Dux
3 Dragunity Phalanx
3 Reborn Tnegu
2 Dragunity Legionnaire
2 Dragunity Arma Mystletainn
2 Dragunity Aklys
2 Effect Veiler
1 Maxx "C"
1 Tragoedia

Spells: 14
3 Dragunity Ravine
3 Terraforming
2 Cards of Consonance
2 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 Pot of Avarice
1 Dark Hole
1 Monster Reborn
1 Heavy Storm

Traps: 9
3 Ultimate Offering
2 Solemn Warning
1 Solemn Judgment
1 Mirror Force
2 Call of the Haunted

Extra: 15
1 Catastor
1 Magical Android
1 Librarian
2 Vajrayana
1 Brionac
1 Black Rose
2 Stardust
1 Scrap Dragon
1 Thought Ruler
1 Red Dragon Arch.
1 Trishula
1 Trident Dragion

Fun deck I've been messing around with. Pretty much, if I managed to get offering going, it was game. Or if the condition was there. Activate call, bring out phalanx, sync with lvl 8, make trident, pop call + something else, gg.

I would not play this deck though this format. TGU + sangan for veiler makes it hard for this deck to work. 3 MST's and heavy put in a lot of work against this deck.

CyberEnd Dragon

CyberEnd Dragon

Brave Heart

• Duelist
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Fun deck I've been messing around with. Pretty much, if I managed to get offering going, it was game. Or if the condition was there. Activate call, bring out phalanx, sync with lvl 8, make trident, pop call + something else, gg.

I would not play this deck though this format. TGU + sangan for veiler makes it hard for this deck to work. 3 MST's and heavy put in a lot of work against this deck.

I agree if you go to YCS' to not run this but for me I can barely make it to locals and if I can a regional I'd play it just because I want to really work with this deck like Draguin does with dragons and I figured that since I won't be able to go to any YCS anytime soon that I'd make it the best I can and put work into it, just cause it is soo much fun to play

e-wank

e-wank

Padawan

• Duelist
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
The Fabled Cerburrel could be mentioned ?
i find he helps me get out trident he seems good at 1
or legionair eff akalus destroy then sync for a 5

cottoncandymajinbuu

cottoncandymajinbuu

here to show the world

• »Retired Staff
  • 14640 posts
That isn't even close to worth it, if you have Ravine rolling you are in fine shape. Any other Monster you run needs to be something that helps you win if you don't have Ravine.

Ice-eyes

Ice-eyes

Knight of the Abyss

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts
Deck needs 3 MST just to kill their MST and Mind Crush for Veiler.

TFJ

TFJ

Underworld Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1534 posts

That isn't even close to worth it, if you have Ravine rolling you are in fine shape. Any other Monster you run needs to be something that helps you win if you don't have Ravine.

Clearly Ravine is amazing. But I don't know if I like it with 3 MSTs and Heavy floating around. It forces ASAP Stardusts if you want to protect it. Stardust was always a good pick, but being forced to go into just to protect Ravine is worse than having options to go TRA first, especially when you consider TGU is going to bring out a 2500 beater just as easily.

Deck just has too many things going against it right now, which is sad. I think if it is going to stand a chance, it has to be changed up from the normal triple Ravine build, which mostly means just a splashable engine.

Ice-eyes

Ice-eyes

Knight of the Abyss

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts
Don't forget you can MST their set MST. Stardust is also great because decks this format aren't prepared for big backfields. My main worry, as I said, is Veiler, but Crushshoot definitely helps on that score.

TheLordGojira

TheLordGojira

Tomb Keeper

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
OP should Add Gae-Dearg.

That being said I'm noticing a bit of a trend here to 2 Legionnaire. Not sure how much I like that. Legionnaire is what makes experienced players wary of the deck, and has a habit of forcing out veilers in a way even Dux can't, as Dux can be stopped just as easily with BTH. Furthermore, Players will probably have out to Stardust this format, or ways to beat over its head. Legionnaire is a much more troublesome card.

@Pengwan: I think you're missing the point of Cerberrul. And I think you're overestimating the impact of Ravine.

More than a few of the games I've lost playing this deck as my main since its release have been with Ravine on the field. The deck starts to fall apart when it can't SUMMON, or use its monsters's effects, (Which is one of the reasons Icarus Attack can prove to be so useful in eliminating factors that prevent this, and one of the reasons Legionnaire is so key to clearing the way for Dux plays) which is the whole purpose of Ravine; to have a monster to summon.

What Cerberrul does is force a monster onto the field, and avoid an inherent -1 when somebody chains MST to Ravine. Combining it with Legionnaire is not "overkill", it simply creates massive advantage to try and force a game state that is much harder to reverse than it otherwise would have been. This YGO, your goal is not to be mildly ahead of your opponent. That's not how top-tier decks have ever worked and never will.

Generating +4's with Legionnaire + Cerberrul combos is not something to be avoided because you're arrogant enough to think you'll always be winning irreversibly because you have Ravine on the field. Neither is pushing for game when you see an opening for Trident because you think they can't bounce back, when this is a format dominated in TGU and BLS and JD. That's foolishness.
Just because you have Ravine doesn't mean you have no monsters, either. Raigin/Catastor/TGHL are all significantly harder to beat over than wittle ol' Legionnaire.

I'm not saying Cerberrul is my favorite option. But I have used it in the past and I have seen the potential it has. I also know that teching it carried a Japanese Player to the top 16 in their most recent nationals. And I also know that Ravine is not a win condition. It doesn't even necessarily create a gamestate unless the opponent is topdecking (and even then, top-decking in this upcoming Meta is something that could very easily combat an established field). It's a good card, and should be treated as such. Not more, and not less. Dragunities need it, so seeking ways to create further advantage off of it when you likely need it to win anyway is not something that should be avoided unless it PREVENTS you from moving away from dependency at all. A teched Cerberrul doesn't do that; you may consider cards with discard costs anyway to try and help load the grave anyway.

So by all means look elsewhere; but don't dismiss it.

-------------------------------

So, thoughts on Z-ONE?

TFJ

TFJ

Underworld Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1534 posts

Don't forget you can MST their set MST. Stardust is also great because decks this format aren't prepared for big backfields. My main worry, as I said, is Veiler, but Crushshoot definitely helps on that score.

I don't like that "play" outside of turn 1. I understand you can say Endphase space their set space, but that just seems rather unlikely. If I imagine a scenario like that, I am probably already set-up well enough.

Not sure how I feel about Cerberrul. But I do agree Legionnaire is really good. Sure you don't get a big synchro, but it gives easy security. I can see why it gets cut, because in theory you shouldn't really need 3. With a field of 1/2 synchros and D Prison you shouldn't really be worried about a monster, but I've always liked Legionnaire.

Sadly nothing new to say about the deck. How do you innovate such a flat strategy with a small core. Actually, sounds like you should be able to because there aren't a lot of core cards to play, but I guess there is no reason to try when people cna just pick a different deck. Also you have to run all the core cards in pretty high numbers, contributing to the flat play-style.

I would like to see that Top 16 Japanese listif you have it, even if it doesn't have much bearing with the TCG.

Mitch

Mitch

Make every second divine~

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1725 posts
Www.ocgworld.twoday.net

you can find the list there and several other ocg decklists.

TheLordGojira

TheLordGojira

Tomb Keeper

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
Here's the exact link:

http://shriek.twoday...ories/34627977/

The deck has alot of room for change. Some people I know are trying out Summoner Monk and Sacred Crane for Draw Power, Xyz Material and Icarus Fodder, possibly even light and dark Graveyard Fodder for BLS. It's an interesting idea.

I just tried Summoner Monks with Koa'ki Meiru Dragos recently myself. There wasn't a whole lot of testing done so I can't say much, but I'll probably Max out on Drago if I follow that route. It really is great that Drago is a Spiritual Wind Art - Miyabi target. =P

With the meta looking the way it is, Chainability being invaluable, and requiring more than 2500 attack, I'm (once again for the umpteenth time) reconsidering an Assault Mode variant, possibly with TGU to help grab PSZ if needed to counter drawing Assault Mode itself.

CyberEnd Dragon

CyberEnd Dragon

Brave Heart

• Duelist
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
I'm not too sure about this idea or if anyone tried or thought of it but what about a splash of silva or goldd and some dark world stuff? Just something that popped in my head the other day and figured since we discard with ravine and all...what do you guys think?

TFJ

TFJ

Underworld Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1534 posts

I'm not too sure about this idea or if anyone tried or thought of it but what about a splash of silva or goldd and some dark world stuff? Just something that popped in my head the other day and figured since we discard with ravine and all...what do you guys think?

If Ravine wasn't a cost, I would be willing to try it for fun. But I see no synergy between the two themes, unless you count Dealings/Gate(lol) to draw into Ravine. It would add more (unpredicatble) plays that could help, but I doubt there would be any consistency.

I'm not sure if I am reading your post right, or if you just got mixed up because of the Cerberrul mention.

TheLordGojira

TheLordGojira

Tomb Keeper

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
As TFJ noted, Dark Worlds must be discarded by effect, not cost.

Also an OCG update. Player got 3rd place in some championship under new banlist.
http://shriek.twoday...ories/38756738/

Thing is though, nobody was maining veiler at all, not standard being 2-3. Not even the monarch guy. And he clearly lost to the Agent player using 3 Herald of Orange Light.

All this without TGU or Tengu in consideration for ANY of the decks... It's difficult to see it doing well at all over here.

3 Koa'ki Meiru Drago sounds good though. I was already thinking that may be necessary now.

CyberEnd Dragon

CyberEnd Dragon

Brave Heart

• Duelist
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
oy! I forgot about that :S

cottoncandymajinbuu

cottoncandymajinbuu

here to show the world

• »Retired Staff
  • 14640 posts
This one caught my eye

http://shriek.twoday...ories/38757907/

Top 16

Player: Nagatto
Deck: Dragunity

18 Monster
3 Dragunity Legionnaire
3 Koa'ki Meiru Drago
3 Dragunity Dux
1 Zephyros
2 Malefic Stardust
1 Veiler
2 Aklys
2 Phalanx

16 Magic
1 Heavy Storm
2 Pot of Duality
1 Reborn
3 Cards of Consonance
3 Terraforming
3 MST
3 Ravine

6 Trap
1 Dustshoot
2 Bottomless
2 Warning
1 Judgment

TheLordGojira

TheLordGojira

Tomb Keeper

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
He was running 3 Phalanx, not 2.

That is pretty interesting though. Seems almost awkward to me, but I can'r really put my finger on why.

Some more attention should probably be paid to his side deck though.

Nimo

Nimo

Tomb Keeper

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts
Trageodia necessary this format?

Also i was thinking about creature swap in the main, what do you think about it?

TheLordGojira

TheLordGojira

Tomb Keeper

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
Tragoedia is good, but I don't see how he benefits Dragunities in particular?

Swap could work, though I really prefer Enemy Controller for this deck.

Ice-eyes

Ice-eyes

Knight of the Abyss

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts
Enemy Controller isn't an out to Kristya.

Nimo

Nimo

Tomb Keeper

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Tragoedia is good, but I don't see how he benefits Dragunities in particular?

Swap could work, though I really prefer Enemy Controller for this deck.

This format is gonna be otk oriented and you most likely wont be able to stop it with spells/traps so monsters is the way to go, and i think Tragoedia is the most suitable one for the deck.

As for Swap vs enemy controller, the only advantage controller has is being a quick play. other than that swap trumps it in almost every way.

Also, i think the biggest asset to Dragunity in the new format is their ability to drop Crimson Blader with ease, summon successfully and win.

Nimo

Nimo

Tomb Keeper

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts
More Crimson Blader praise, beating plants with 8 cih (they seem to always have maxx c) feels even better than stealing shooting star with goyo guardian.

And a section for how to fight the meta in the op should be nice, especially decks that can employ cards that can shut us down.( like skill drain)

TheLordGojira

TheLordGojira

Tomb Keeper

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Enemy Controller isn't an out to Kristya.

Thats why we have Legionnaire, Icarus Attack, Miyabi and more. Out of all the decks Kristya hammers, I don't think it's this one.
Though it's true that Creature Swap obviously does certain things better. That's a given. Enemy Controller on the other hand is an out to cards that traditionally punish the deck. Like Chain Disappearance.

And being a quickplay is worth quite a lot. Enemy Controller is an out to Creature Swap technically. =P
And Creature Swap only solves the Kristya problem when Kristya is by itself.

@Nimo:
So you're going to run Trag in a deck where Trag has next to no synergy and where the deck tends to lack hand advantage, because you want to be able to drop something when somebody attacks?

That's silly. If it doesn't fit, it doesn't fit. Don't just run it "because". I'd sooner run Battle Fader, or even Gorz, despite Ravine. I'd only bother running Trag if I were running multiple level 8 monsters like Leyvaten, which I don't want in my hand and which I'm not liable to run, especially not in multiple copies.

And as for preventing OTKs, try and remember Koa'ki Meiru Drago's role in this upcoming Meta. That and Icarus Attack/Miyabi.

I also have to say that you're getting much to worked up about MST/Heavy Storm stopping your backrow from interrupting. They're either going to MST your Ravine or your traps, even at 3, there isn't enough for both. Especially if you manage to get Stardust on the field.

Heaven forbid that should happen in Dragunities.

Seerus

Seerus

do you even top?

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1966 posts
Activate Ravine? Response? Drop Malefic Stardust haha. Happened at locals today. I really like Malefic in here, it makes Trident or protects Ravine.

Edit : I am refering to the whole dead MST thing.

TheLordGojira

TheLordGojira

Tomb Keeper

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Activate Ravine? Response? Drop Malefic Stardust haha. Happened at locals today. I really like Malefic in here, it makes Trident or protects Ravine.

Edit : I am refering to the whole dead MST thing.

Yes, that would be what makes Malefic so good right now.

Just keep in mind that trick only works once. They aren't going to let you do it ever again after that.

Nimo

Nimo

Tomb Keeper

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts
I'm still not sure about Malefic, gonna test him against different match-ups and see how he will fare.

Nimo

Nimo

Tomb Keeper

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts
To my surprise, i have seen effect Veiler a lot less than last format.

And GK is still strong, even if they can't use gigantic back row as they used too, having Neckrovalley up spells death to a lot of decks including this.

TheLordGojira

TheLordGojira

Tomb Keeper

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts

To my surprise, i have seen effect Veiler a lot less than last format.

And GK is still strong, even if they can't use gigantic back row as they used too, having Neckrovalley up spells death to a lot of decks including this.

Are you out of your effing mind?

Just drop Ravine on it dumbass, make a Stardust and Thought Ruler, then poke with Thought Ruler all game.
And if you need extra help, use Mist Valley Falcon with his 2000 attack to bounce Ravine safe to your hand each turn.

And use Icarus Attack.

I've never once had any problems with the Gravekeeper matchup. The only way they should be an issue for a good Dragunity player is if GKs draw nutty, and the Dragunity guy draws no Ravine all game.

Play smart and conservatively with your field spell and you SHOULD do fine.

And there's not mathematical reason you should see Effect Veiler less unless you've changed something, like dropped a veiler/consonance, or are not searching with Ravine as much anymore, so such a statement is meaningless.

Jesus the Jew

Jesus the Jew

I died for your sins.

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3454 posts
That was unnecessarily aggressive.

On topic though, Drago is really good in here. Really evens out a lot of matchups.

TheLordGojira

TheLordGojira

Tomb Keeper

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
You're right. That was unnecessarily aggressive.

I apologize for my tone, I shouldn't take out my frustrations on internet posts, but not the statement. I stand by what I said, Gravekeepers is, if anything, a favorable matchup.

I'd be less concerned with GKs with a field spell you can cover with yours or wipe out with superior destructive power, and more about decks that literally just drop boss monsters that can run over Stardust and wipe out fields.

Yune

Yune

Random Idiot

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts
Dragunity Arms Mystellain lets you play out of Veiler or make a level 8 synchro out of a used Legionnaire. It's pretty good.

TheLordGojira

TheLordGojira

Tomb Keeper

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
Yes, it is a good card.

The issue with Mystletainn is simple; he's a double edged sword. He makes good plays better and works you out of dead hands you would have seen without him (and is a reveal target for Koa'ki Meiru Drago), but at the same time, will create dead hands you wouldn't have seen if you weren't running him.

Personally I think it's a preference call. I've tested extensively with and without, and I don't think he causes any problems. I just usually cut him for space and other techs that I feel are perhaps less two-sided.

And as far as playing around the veiler goes, I think that Icarus attack is more flexible and reliable.

Dominicanpapi

Dominicanpapi

Dragon Lover

• Duelist
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
What up guys just passing by to tell ya i went to my regional last week with dragunity and after 9 rounds of Swiss my record was 7-2 and i came in 35th place out of 440 people.

My Match up were:
2 Plant
2 GB
1 Rabbit
1 Jurrac
1 Agent
1 Hero
1 Wind-Up

My loses were from 1 Plant(game 1 i beat him and in game 2 my opening play i screwed up and it cost me the game, game3 he summon a random Dark Simorgh then after i killed it on my turn he top deck BLS...) and 1 Wind-Up(had no experience against them so i sided badly)

In my opinion dragunity could have done a lot more damage in this format but i guess people don't know how to use them the proper way while playing their game or side decking.

FYI Rabbit is the easiest match up for dragunity.

Here's the video i uploaded of my deck hope ya enjoy it,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgNaX7au9XM

Impact

Impact

a real philosopher

• Banned From Trading
  • 8697 posts
i have no idea how you don't main storm or hole...

Dominicanpapi

Dominicanpapi

Dragon Lover

• Duelist
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
The deck is all about keeping control of the field but DH & HS do the opposite of that so they aren't needed.

I've played people who swarm the field before and i still mention to destroy the hole thing regardless cause of cards like leggionaire,smashing ground, mirror force and more just need to know what your doing at all time.

DH & HS are nice power cards but they aren't ment for this version of dragunity i made.

Nimo

Nimo

Tomb Keeper

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts
I'd also like to know how rabbit was easy match-up for you.

GAOV will have 2 amazing rank 6 xyz for us, time to main deck the armas once more?

Dominicanpapi

Dominicanpapi

Dragon Lover

• Duelist
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

I'd also like to know how rabbit was easy match-up for you.

GAOV will have 2 amazing rank 6 xyz for us, time to main deck the armas once more?

Rabbit is a simple matter cause we're able to push them ontill they either are out of plays to stop us or we got a strong field which they can't do anything anymore. (Spirit Reaper + Thought Ruler Archfiend Kills Them)

Also the side deck just says hello to their back rows and monsters. (1x MST 2x Dust Tornado 1x Grand Mole)

Plus a bonus i've been using aklys 2nd effect allot this past month and hardly no one stops it.

byakk

byakk

what are you looking at

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2209 posts
I miss this deck being relevant :(

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: September 2011 Format, Dragunity

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users