Welcome to DuelistGroundz
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Gadget - Discussion

September 2011 Format Gadget

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
184 replies to this topic

infinite

infinite

Swagasaurus Rex

• +Ancient Moderoid
  • 6915 posts

Gadget Discussion

Overview

Competitive Gadget decks center on the usage of the 3 main Gadget monsters; Red Gadget, Yellow Gadget, and Green Gadget which all searches one another out upon summon. The essence of all Gadget decks is the card advantage you get from them and how you decide to use those resources. Given this I feel this deck can potentially reward skillful and creative deck building due to its openness.

Play Styles

Given how the gadget monsters themselves function we have seen varying play styles through the years. We’ve seen anti meta builds and more recently Machina builds that uses the constant advantage the Gadgets supply as an assist to their means.

Machina Gadget decks features Machina Gearframe and Machina Fotress; Machina Gearframe searches out the powerful Machine Fortress and the Gadgets play their role by supplying fodder to unleash Machina Fortress.

Anti Meta Gadgets varies from format to format because it’s built to counter the meta but the overall goal is to control and simplify the game state while gaining advantage from your gadget monsters. Most likely you’ll see cards like Fossil Dyna which eliminate options and one for one removal which simplify the game state and protect your monsters.

Offering Gadgets has been around for a while but it is once again gaining popularity thanks to the new game mechanics. At its core you use Ultimate Offering to spam the field with a bunch of Gadgets. Originally we witnessed players try to one turn kill using limiter removal but that wasn’t a very consistent strategy. Now thanks to the new summoning mechanics a ton of combos open up.

Machina Gadget Members

Posted Image

Machina Gearframe comes complete with a sturdy 1800 attack body and 2 useful effects. The first allows it to search any Machina monster except itself from the deck to your hand including Fortress essentially making a themed Stratos. The second allows it to equip itself to any Machine type monster to shield it from destruction. Fortress becomes a true annoyance especially backed with a Gearframe. Running 3 copies is a must

Posted Image

Machina Fortress is the boss monster essentially for this particular deck. Its stats are decent but its effects are what make it truly shine. Your opponent may not want to take this guy down outside of using spell and traps. Combine that with a simple summoning condition, how easy it is to search it and how it easy it to bring it back it can be a thorn in your opponent’s side. Run 2 to 3

Posted Image

Machina Force is useless outside of reviving Machine Fortress and it is also searched by Gearframe. Most players run 1 copy.

Posted Image

Machina Peacekeeper is similar to Gearframe but it has smaller stats and only exclusively searches union monsters which include Gearframe however. It’s a decent card but most players forgo using it.

Offering Gadget Members

Offering Gadgets isn’t an archetype like the above Machina monsters it’s a deck built around combos and synergy between Ultimate Offering and the Gadget monsters. Essentially you play cards to take advantage of the resources the Gadgets make.

Posted Image

Reborn Tengu owes a lot to the way Xyz mechanics work in the TCG. A popular strategy the deck is to bring out Xyz monsters and Tengu like the Gadgets replaces himself even when used as Xyz material. That and it's Tengu. Run 3.

Posted Image

Glow-up Bulb is a tuner so it grants the deck access to synchro monsters. The card also has a few combos as well with Tengu you can summon make Hyper Liberian Tengu’s effect activates getting another one, then you activate GUB effect to make another synchro. You end up drawing one card and with 3 monsters on the field. Similar plays can be made with the Gadgets and Ultimate Offering and you can drop Trishula as well. I would definitely play a GUB.

Posted Image

Tour Guide is quickly becoming a defining card this metagame and that has a lot to do with the way Xyz mechanics current work. Tour Guide basically becomes a 2500 attack Stratos which searches a myriad of cards. The card also give you one card access various Rank 3 Xyz monster including Leviar the Sea Dragon. If you play it you must run three along with its life partner Sangan.

Posted Image

Birdman has truly become the generic combo card of this game. It combos with tengu, it combos with gadgets, it combos with tour guide, it combos with breaker it just combos. Run 1 or 2 of it.

Other Monster Options:
Poke Dra
Breaker
Gale
Beastking Barbaros
Cyber Valley
Tragoedia
Debris Dragon (If poke Dra is mained)
Caius the Shadow Monarch
Gagaga Magician
Summoner Monk
Deep-Sea Diva

Spell and Trap options for Offering Gadgets

Posted Image

Its called Offering Gadgets for a reason. Run 3

Posted Image

Enemy controller is a cute card here considering that most of your monsters can already pay for themselves so the cost is easily met with out worry and the monster you get can easily become an Xyz or Synchro monster. It also may protect your monsters from battles, help you win battles, and break up your opponents plays. Incredibly versatile, run 1 - 2.

Posted Image

Creature Swap also benefits from the floaters the deck runs. Summon a relatively weak gadget monster, it replaces itself, then creature swap to take your opponent's stronger monster. In this metagame we are seeing the advent of boss monsters so creature swap can potentially punish opponents who play their boss monsters without a decent setup or if they don't have the game. It also has a decent combo with Tengu. Run 1 - 2 copies.

Posted Image

Mind Control in this deck truly benefits from the Xyz monsters and the tuners this deck runs. Run 0 - 1

Example Decklist for Offering Gadgets:

6 Gadgets
3 Tengu
3 Tour Guide
1 Sangan
2 Breaker
2 Effect Veiler
1 Glow-Up Bulb
1 Birdman

2 Enemy Controller
2 Creature Swap
2 Pot of Duality
1 Pot of Avarice
1 Heavy Storm
1 Dark Hole
1 Monster Reborn
2 MST
1 Mind Control

3 Ultimate Offering
1 Mirror Force
1 Torrential Tribute
1 Solemn Judgement
2 Solemn Warning
1 Mind Crush
1 Trap Dustshoot

Extra Deck Options

For Offering builds your extra deck is reflective of your main deck but there's still a basic skeleton:

1 - 2 Utopia
1 - 2 Steelswarm Roach
1 Stardust
1 Trishula
1 Leviar the Sea Dragon
1 Levianth Dragon
1 Trishula
1 Black Rose Dragon
1 TG Hyper Liberian
0 - 1 Naturia Beast
1 Catastor

Other cards can be ran depending on your main:

x1 Terror Byte (if playing Poke Dra)
x1 Arcanite Magician (if playing breaker)
x1 Exploder Wing Dragon (if Debris Dragon and Poke Dra are played)

antispiral

antispiral

nyoro~n

• »Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1630 posts
Good job on the post. Very solid. I liked the colors for the gadgets those were neat.

Unknown001

Unknown001

Let Your Dreams Take Flight

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3366 posts
Maybe mention Monarchs under the "other monster options" section? Caius can be an out to Kristya when you want to make that push

infinite

infinite

Swagasaurus Rex

• +Ancient Moderoid
  • 6915 posts

Maybe mention Monarchs under the "other monster options" section? Caius can be an out to Kristya when you want to make that push

Now you actually have me considering the card. I'dd add it for sure.

canasian

canasian

FREE VENOQUEEN

• +Ancient Moderoid
  • 3116 posts
I personally stil prefer 9 Gadgets and no Tour Guide in Offering.

Build that I'm testing for the new format:

3 Green Gadget
3 Red Gadget
3 Yellow Gadget
3 Deep-Sea Diva
2 Caius the Shadow Monarch
1 Effect Veiler
1 Lost Blue Breaker

3 Pot of Duality
3 Mystical Space Typhoon
2 Creature Swap
1 Dark Hole
1 Heavy Storm
1 Monster Reborn
1 Pot of Avarice

3 Ultimate Offering
2 Solemn Warning
2 Dark Bribe
1 Mirror Force
1 Solemn Judgment
1 Starlight Road
1 Torrential Tribute
1 Trap Dustshoot

I honestly hate Dark Bribe but I feel like I need it until people stop maining 3 MST's.

Really enjoyed the T.G. Gadget build last format too, so I'll probably try to make that build playable for new format as well.

infinite

infinite

Swagasaurus Rex

• +Ancient Moderoid
  • 6915 posts

I personally stil prefer 9 Gadgets and no Tour Guide in Offering.

Build that I'm testing for the new format:

3 Green Gadget
3 Red Gadget
3 Yellow Gadget
3 Deep-Sea Diva
1 Effect Veiler
1 Lost Blue Breaker

3 Pot of Duality
3 Mystical Space Typhoon
2 Creature Swap
1 Dark Hole
1 Heavy Storm
1 Monster Reborn
1 Pot of Avarice

3 Ultimate Offering
2 Solemn Warning
2 Dark Bribe
1 Mirror Force
1 Solemn Judgment
1 Starlight Road
1 Torrential Tribute
1 Trap Dustshoot

I honestly hate Dark Bribe but I feel like I need it until people stop maining 3 MST's.

Really enjoyed the T.G. Gadget build last format too, so I'll probably try to make that build playable for new format as well.

It's mentioned in the original post there's a number of ways one can approach building the deck. As long as your strategy is competitively viable and has been performing well for you feel free to have different deck that the one I posted.

Nate the Awesome

Nate the Awesome

Fuck you Mario. That bitch is mine.

• Duelist
  • 2337 posts
Atm, this is what I'm working with:

6 Gadgets
2 Breaker the Magical Warrior
2 Effect Veiler
2 Gravekeeper's Spy
1 Cyber Dragon
1 D.D. Warrior Lady
1 Gorz

3 Duality
3 Mystical Space Typhoon
2 Enemy Controller
2 Smashing Ground
1 Heavy
1 Hole
1 Reborn
1 Book
1 Avarice

2 Mind Crush
1 Bottomless
1 Warning
1 Judgement
1 Mirror
1 Torrential
1 Dustshoot

It's more of a "classical" Gadget build. Based around pure advantage. I don't like how the current norm of UO Gadgets play out and such, so I made this.

It's been fairly good so far.

Spy is amazing for Xyz plays and such (I made a post in the old topc regarding this)*. But lately, I've been getting really awkward hands with it, drawing into both copies which is now making me reconsider it and drop both for another Warrior Lady (which I feel is decent right now, especially if people start playing Road. It would be amazing if Tour Guide didn't exist) and Creature Swap.

Spoiler

infinite

infinite

Swagasaurus Rex

• +Ancient Moderoid
  • 6915 posts
I personally think Ultimate Offering is very rewarding card to avoid playing. Ultimate Offering gives the deck some much needed muscle by giving you power plays.

I think Vylon Disigma is made even better when you play Ultimate Offering because it gives you the ability to summon it at will.

Lets not also forget about No 16: Ruler of Color - Shock Ruler who will probably have more of an impact than Vylon Disigma would and Gadgets can easily make the most of it due to how easy it is to bring it out with the assist of Ultimate Offering. The more Xyz monsters that get release the better the deck will continue to get. I think Ultimate Offering is the best way to take advantage of the Gadgets game 1.

I've played a few games against Twilight and I managed to win a bunch of them with the build posted in the OP. Creature Swap had been doing great I was able to outright steal games from my opponent by stealing Chaos Sorcerers and the like. The only times I lost is when I got outright sacked but that may say more about the deck I was playing. I think can definitely go the distance in this metagame but I should test a few more matchups.

Nate the Awesome

Nate the Awesome

• Duelist
  • 2337 posts
Any ideas for cards worth side decking? Atm, I'm kinda stuck on ideas for my side deck; I'm 3 cards short of 15.

2 Kycoo
2 D.D. Crow
2 Banisher
1 Fossil Dyna (I am only able to get 1 atm from a friend)

1 Seven Tools (mirror, GB, BW ,etc.)
1 Mind Crush (recently swapped a copy in the main for 2nd BTH)
1 Crevice to the D.D. (I just like this card; it might not be as fast as Crow but it's slightly more damaging especially if they MST'd it or w/e. Not married to this card or anything)

1 Mind Control
1 Smashing Ground

infinite

infinite

Swagasaurus Rex

• +Ancient Moderoid
  • 6915 posts
I will eventually put up an entire section on side decking in the OP but I think it's too early to decide on what will become side deck staples. However if things continue to go the way they are then you may find yourself siding heavily for the Lightsworn/Twilight and Agent match ups.

Fossil Dyna is just good against everything
Dimensional Fissure helps in the Lightsworn/Twightlight matchup and the Zombie match up. Also good versus Darkworlds
Debunks is helps against a bunch of effects like herald, veiler, tengu, sangan etc
Banisher cause its a monster D Fissure

Nate the Awesome

Nate the Awesome

• Duelist
  • 2337 posts
I have a feeling (at least until Rabbit and the DW Structure drop) we will see a lot of LS/Twilight and Agents and such. Which are pretty much Gadget's worst match ups. That's what I plan on siding heavily against as you can tell.

I was thinking about a pair or so of D-Prisons in the side, but idk. Seems a little too slow right now and every deck seems to be having a high volume of S/T hate now. I would only expect it to go off maybe once in a while, but not really often enough. Depends on how the format turns out.

canasian

canasian

FREE VENOQUEEN

• +Ancient Moderoid
  • 3116 posts
My current side:
2 Ally of Justice Core Destroyer (may be switched out with Salvo/Quarantine/Cycle Reader)
2 Cyber Dragon
3 Kycoo the Ghost Destroyer
1 Nobleman of Crossout
2 Smashing Ground
2 Dimensional Prison (may move to the main deck depending how the format shapes up)
2 Mind Crush
1 The Transmigration Prophecy (may drop this and move my third MST to the side, depending how the format shapes up).

Also, has anyone been playing with Machina Gadgets for the new format format or has everyone switched to Offering?
I've been playing with both and while I enjoy both decks, I feel like Machina may prove just a bit more effective than Stun/Offering if people keep 3 MST's in their main-deck, just because the deck doesn't need to rely on the backrow as much with before it makes a push (or during the push, in the case of Offering builds).

Wumbologist

Wumbologist

John Wayne couldn't even stand the reign of the tec

• +Necro Moderoid
  • 6014 posts
For people who have been running Offering Gadgets, how have 3 MST and Heavy Storm been affecting the deck? Does the Offering combo get disrupted more now? If so, what changes have you made to help with that? I was working on Gadgets before the new list was revealed but with the MST and Heavy changes I dropped it for now.

canasian

canasian

FREE VENOQUEEN

• +Ancient Moderoid
  • 3116 posts

For people who have been running Offering Gadgets, how have 3 MST and Heavy Storm been affecting the deck? Does the Offering combo get disrupted more now? If so, what changes have you made to help with that? I was working on Gadgets before the new list was revealed but with the MST and Heavy changes I dropped it for now.

I'm maining Bribes, unfortunately =/
Hopefully the first YCS of the format is Lightsworn/Agent/Xyzombie-heavy, and people drop MST to 1-2 anticipating low-trap-count decks. Then the deck has a safer game 1 and only has to fear triple MST games 2/3, which are generally much easier and less reliant on Offering anyway since you side into anti-meta/Stun stuff (Kycoos, Banishers, Prisons/Smashings depending on the matchup).

xBladeswornx

xBladeswornx

Brave Heart

• Duelist
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
Best version of Gadgets in my opinion:

3 Green Gadget
3 Red Gadget
3 Yellow Gadget
3 Effect Veiler
3 Reborn Tengu
1 Glow-Up Bulb

3 MST
3 POD
2 Smashing
1 BOM
1 Heavy Storm
1 Dark Hole
1 Monster Reborn

3 Ultimate Offering
2 Solemn Warning
2 Dimensional Prison
1 Trap Dustshoot
1 Solemn Judgment
1 Starlight Road
1 Mirror Force
1 Torrential Tribute

xBladeswornx

xBladeswornx

Brave Heart

• Duelist
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

I am maining 1 SLR. I personally will never use Dark Bribe unless I am running more than one type of continuous card that I need on the field to win. The thing about Offering Gadgets is that it has the potential to play both beat down and synchro/xyz spam. I find that I often have multiple win conditions in every game. Offering is only one of them. I usually get off one of those combos per game unless my opponent opens something ridiculous like double mst and veiler.

Offering Gadgets loses to the side deck mostly. Main deck game match up usually goes to your favor, but then after siding cydras and tkros your opponent will run you down...

infinite

infinite

Swagasaurus Rex

• +Ancient Moderoid
  • 6915 posts

I mean, it's only a problem if the MST is set and is there to disrupt the play and that would have probably happened more often last format the way I see it. Additionally you should have multiple win conditions loaded into the deck; I won a lot of games with out seeing UO and I run a transitional side so I take them out usually game 2.

GladsandWeeds

GladsandWeeds

Tomb Keeper

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts
Gadgets went undefeated in testing for me after four days on DN/irl against my friend. New Format

Monsters: 18
3 Thunder King Rai-oh
3 Doomcaliber Knight
3 Effect Veiler
2 Green Gadgetd
2 Red Gadget
2 Yellow Gadget
2 Kycoo the Ghost Destroyer
1 Gorz, the Emissary of Darkness

Spells: 16
3 Smashing Ground
3 Mystical Space Typhoon
3 Shrink
2 Creature Swap
1 Pot of Duality
1 Heavy Storm
1 Dark Hole
1 Book of Moon
1 Monster Reborn

Traps: 8
2 Starlight Road
2 Solemn Warning
2 Mind Crush
1 Trap Dustshoot
1 Solemn Judgment

3 Veiler and 3 Doomcaliber means I can see some effect negation 1 in every 7 cards, just like a gadget 1-7. This is why I like 42 cards in gadgets as well. Starlight road has yet to be dead and almost always goes off. Creature swap has made some people scoop, lol. Shrink is still iffy, but I like it. It has good energy with kycoo, and it can be used against stardust. Kycoo has tested very well in this deck. It's a level 4, and this 1800 beater always helps me remove frogs, malis, goblin, sangan, etc.

xBladeswornx

xBladeswornx

Brave Heart

• Duelist
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Gadgets went undefeated in testing for me after four days on DN/irl against my friend. New Format

3 Thunder King Rai-oh
3 Doomcaliber Knight
3 Effect Veiler
2 Green Gadgetd
2 Red Gadget
2 Yellow Gadget

3 Smashing Ground
3 Mystical Space Typhoon
3 Shrink
2 Creature Swap
1 Pot of Duality
1 Heavy Storm
1 Dark Hole
1 Book of Moon
1 Monster Reborn

2 Starlight Road
2 Solemn Warning
2 Mind Crush
1 Trap Dustshoot
1 Solemn Judgment

3 Veiler and 3 Doomcaliber means I can see some effect negation 1 in every 7 cards, just like a gadget 1-7. This is why I like 42 cards in gadgets as well. Starlight road has yet to be dead and almost always goes off. Creature swap has made some people scoop, lol. Shrink is still iffy, but I like it. It has good energy with kycoo, and it can be used against stardust. Kycoo has tested very well in this deck. It's a level 4, and this 1800 beater always helps me remove frogs, malis, goblin, sangan, etc.

Unfortunately, TKR makes no sense here. It blocks your gadget searches and clogs your hand. TKR is no longer decent this format considering the massive number of TGU. POD at 1 also doesn't make sense. You don't really Special Summon so POD should be a staple at 3. Take out 2 TKR and add 2 POD. Since your monsters search themselves, I see no reason TKR is necessary in your deck at all. If anything, run a maxx "c" or two and your opponents will be hurting. btw, don't think your opponents won't have multiple veilers/crows/maxx c's to discard and kill your dck easily.

Mitch

Mitch

Make every second divine~

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1712 posts
How would rai-oh stop the gadgets? he just let's them waste resources trying to get raioh off the board then he summons the gadget.

infinite

infinite

Swagasaurus Rex

• +Ancient Moderoid
  • 6915 posts

How would rai-oh stop the gadgets? he just let's them waste resources trying to get raioh off the board then he summons the gadget.

Too bad they don't really have to waste any resources to get Rai-Oh the board. The card is weak this metagame.

GladsandWeeds

GladsandWeeds

Tomb Keeper

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Too bad they don't really have to waste any resources to get Rai-Oh the board. The card is weak this metagame.

Lol that's funny that you're already assuming/defining what the metagame will be, and it's not even sept yet. TKR does work... it stops sangan searches and agents alike. There's no need to summon a gadget with TKR on the field. This is simply because thunder king alone with some backrow can win games.

zubby

zubby

I dream and the world trembles!

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
TKR and dustshoot first turn, destroys the opponent, gets rid of problem monsters, stop them PoDing or any other searches, though double tour guide ruins it. TKR is still a good card, applies pressure and will shut off cards in op deck, just a shame tour guide hurts it without back up.
Also gladsandweeds what about bls in main?

infinite

infinite

Swagasaurus Rex

• +Ancient Moderoid
  • 6915 posts

Lol that's funny that you're already assuming/defining what the metagame will be, and it's not even sept yet. TKR does work... it stops sangan searches and agents alike. There's no need to summon a gadget with TKR on the field. This is simply because thunder king alone with some backrow can win games.

If you can't proactively predict the trends in the metagame you won't be competitive. If you can't see how popular Tour Guide is gonna be then you're being stubborn.

Nate the Awesome

Nate the Awesome

• Duelist
  • 2337 posts

3 Thunder King Rai-oh
3 Doomcaliber Knight
3 Effect Veiler
2 Green Gadgetd
2 Red Gadget
2 Yellow Gadget

3 Smashing Ground
3 Mystical Space Typhoon
3 Shrink
2 Creature Swap
1 Pot of Duality
1 Heavy Storm
1 Dark Hole
1 Book of Moon
1 Monster Reborn

2 Starlight Road
2 Solemn Warning
2 Mind Crush
1 Trap Dustshoot
1 Solemn Judgment

Why are you running 1 Duality here (especially since this is an anti-meta build)?
Why are you running 1 Duality in a 42 card build?

Idgi. It's what gives the deck consistency in this day and age and it's never dead unless you draw multiples and even then it's not completely dead.

Mitch

Mitch

Make every second divine~

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1712 posts
I understand tour guide is an issue vs t-king. I was just saying that thunder king isn't bad because it stops gadget searches.

canasian

canasian

FREE VENOQUEEN

• +Ancient Moderoid
  • 3116 posts
Been playing with Machina Gadgets for a few days, deck handles T1 Tour Guide plays pretty well:

3 Machina Fortress
3 Machina Gearframe
2 Effect Veiler
2 Green Gadget
2 Red Gadget
2 Tragoedia
2 Yellow Gadget
1 Gorz the Emissary of Darkness
1 Machina Force

3 Pot of Duality
3 Smashing Ground
2 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 Dark Hole
1 Heavy Storm
1 Monster Reborn
1 Pot of Avarice

2 Bottomless Trap Hole
2 Dimensional Prison
2 Mind Crush
1 Miror Force
1 Solemn Judgment
1 Torrential Tribute
1 Trap Dustshoot

Debating Warning, I like it vs. Plants and rogues but it screws me vs. Lighsworns and Agents with their endless bosses.

Volcanic Island

Volcanic Island

Don't talk watch

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6945 posts
3 Green Gadget
3 Red Gadget
3 Yellow Gadget
3 Breaker the Magical Warrior
2 Effect Veiler
1 Glow-Up Bulb

3 Creature Swap
3 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 Heavy Storm
1 Monster Reborn
1 Mind Control
1 Book of Moon
1 Dark Hole
1 Pot of Avarice

3 Ultimate Offering
3 Dimensional Prison
2 Bottomless Trap Hole
2 Solemn Warning
1 Solemn Judgment
1 Torrential Tribute
1 Mirror Force

my current IRL Build. I'd kind of like to fit in Dualities when the reprint comes out and maybe a 3rd Veiler but idk about room.

Sairok

Sairok

The Mexican Guy

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Been playing with Machina Gadgets for a few days, deck handles T1 Tour Guide plays pretty well:

3 Machina Fortress
3 Machina Gearframe
2 Effect Veiler
2 Green Gadget
2 Red Gadget
2 Tragoedia
2 Yellow Gadget
1 Gorz the Emissary of Darkness
1 Machina Force

3 Pot of Duality
3 Smashing Ground
2 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 Dark Hole
1 Heavy Storm
1 Monster Reborn
1 Pot of Avarice

2 Bottomless Trap Hole
2 Dimensional Prison
2 Mind Crush
1 Miror Force
1 Solemn Judgment
1 Torrential Tribute
1 Trap Dustshoot

Debating Warning, I like it vs. Plants and rogues but it screws me vs. Lighsworns and Agents with their endless bosses.

I like this, i think machina could be a good & funny option this format :)

I would add a BOM here

Nate the Awesome

Nate the Awesome

• Duelist
  • 2337 posts
I'm starting to think this deck should run 3 Veilers now. Just because of the Tour Guide bullshit this deck has to go through and the multitude of boss monsters other decks have over us.

Also, Sangan? Basically a 4th Veiler. It's sick with Swap and it gives the deck an option of taking their lv3 monster with Swap/E-Con/Mind Control and summoning Leviath/Leviair (it's even better when we side in Banishers after banishing their stuff and then going into Leviair and search for Veiler). Just a thought.

xBladeswornx

xBladeswornx

Brave Heart

• Duelist
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Here's what we know about the metagame: TGU is going to be played by every deck that can benefit from sangan and even some that don't. TGU > TKR 9x out of 10. Heavy Storm and 3 MST are back, so relying on backrows is no longer a smart thing to do. Hopefully you god hand every round with multiple traps out of the 8 you run with starlight road and shrinks. Otherwise, I see no reason for TKR to be a threat.

xBladeswornx

xBladeswornx

Brave Heart

• Duelist
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
[quote name='Setsuna19' timestamp='1314478929' post='2969517'
I understand tour guide is an issue vs t-king. I was just saying that thunder king isn't bad because it stops gadget searches.
[/quote]
I didn't say it was bad because it stops gadget searches. I'm saying that coupled with the fact that it stops your own duality (which should be run at 3...) and that TGU is everywhere, TKR is no longer good enough to run it at 3 in the main deck. Honestly in an anti meta build of gadgets, Reborn Tengu should be run at 3 as well...

canasian

canasian

FREE VENOQUEEN

• +Ancient Moderoid
  • 3116 posts

I'm starting to think this deck should run 3 Veilers now. Just because of the Tour Guide bullshit this deck has to go through and the multitude of boss monsters other decks have over us.

Also, Sangan? Basically a 4th Veiler. It's sick with Swap and it gives the deck an option of taking their lv3 monster with Swap/E-Con/Mind Control and summoning Leviath/Leviair (it's even better when we side in Banishers after banishing their stuff and then going into Leviair and search for Veiler). Just a thought.

3 Veiler is definitely needed in Offering builds (although I still haven't managed to find room in my TG Gadgets =/). It stops most of the big threats and if you have extras you can use it with 2 on-field Gadgets/Tengu for Trishula.

I just haven't had room in Machina for the third, and I'm a bit hesitant to get it in there just because the deck can run out of monsters if you're forced to cut off the Gadget chain for a Fortress (which I can usually avoid but every so often there are situations where Fortress is simply your only out).
And topping a Veiler when you're looking for a monster to go aggro with hurts.

Kichwa Tembo

Kichwa Tembo

Knight of the Abyss

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
Which do you think will be the best approach for offering gadgets in the beginning of the format?Do you think something like Saizan is necessary or the 2-3 mained veilers are enough for tuners?Since we don't have the good Xyz yet, is 3 Utopia 1 Roach ok?Also, how about Cydras/Monarchs mained?

Creeping Tar Pit

Creeping Tar Pit

Elemental

• Loyalist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1816 posts
I was playing around with Agents/LS/etc, and I just got bored of them. So I thought of a rough draft of TGU Gadgets for shits and giggles. It has worked pretty well in testing. I'm not a fan of the Ultimate Offering version, so I don't see myself using that.

Monsters: (18)
1x Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning
2x Tragoedia
6x Gadgets
2x Effect Veiler
3x Reborn Tengu
3x Tour Guide from the Underworld
1x Sangan

Spells: (12)
3x Pot of Duality
2x Smashing Ground
2x Mystical Space Typhoon
1x Book of Moon
1x Dark Hole
1x Monster Reborn
1x Heavy Storm
1x Pot of Avarice

Traps: (12)
2x Dimensional Prison
2x Solemn Warning
2x Starlight Road
2x Mind Crush
1x Solemn Judgment
1x Mirror Force
1x Torrential Tribute
1x Trap Dustshoot

Total: 42

Extra: (15)
1x Ally of Justice Catastor
1x T.G. Hyper Librarian
1x Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
1x Gaia Knight, Force of the Earth
1x Black Rose Dragon
2x Stardust Dragon
1x Scrap Dragon
1x Trishula
2x Number 39: Utopia
1x Steelswarm Roach
1x Grenosaurus
1x Leviair the Sea Dragon
1x Number 17: Leviathan Dragon

I'm still playing with a number of slots such as 2nd SLR, Avarice, etc. I'd like to play a 3rd Veiler, but I'm not sure what to drop. Do you think this concept is viable next format?

DrDroo

DrDroo

Andrew Salazar

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts

I was playing around with Agents/LS/etc, and I just got bored of them. So I thought of a rough draft of TGU Gadgets for shits and giggles. It has worked pretty well in testing. I'm not a fan of the Ultimate Offering version, so I don't see myself using that.

Monsters: (18)
1x Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning
2x Tragoedia
6x Gadgets
2x Effect Veiler
3x Reborn Tengu
3x Tour Guide from the Underworld
1x Sangan

Spells: (12)
3x Pot of Duality
2x Smashing Ground
2x Mystical Space Typhoon
1x Book of Moon
1x Dark Hole
1x Monster Reborn
1x Heavy Storm
1x Pot of Avarice

Traps: (12)
2x Dimensional Prison
2x Solemn Warning
2x Starlight Road
2x Mind Crush
1x Solemn Judgment
1x Mirror Force
1x Torrential Tribute
1x Trap Dustshoot

Total: 42

Extra: (15)
1x Ally of Justice Catastor
1x T.G. Hyper Librarian
1x Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
1x Gaia Knight, Force of the Earth
1x Black Rose Dragon
2x Stardust Dragon
1x Scrap Dragon
1x Trishula
2x Number 39: Utopia
1x Steelswarm Roach
1x Grenosaurus
1x Leviair the Sea Dragon
1x Number 17: Leviathan Dragon

I'm still playing with a number of slots such as 2nd SLR, Avarice, etc. I'd like to play a 3rd Veiler, but I'm not sure what to drop. Do you think this concept is viable next format?

BLS seems like a tough card to play here. How's it been testing?

I think avarice is now a staple, because the games are longer and full of back-and-forth plays. I was finding myself falling BEHIND in advantage against a few decks, which was shocking to me because this deck never falls behind in card advantage.

anduril38

anduril38

Underworld Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1710 posts
What's your current build for this format Droo?

I'm wanting to play Gadgets of some kind this list as I'm bored of every other deck, but unsure which direction to take.

Creeping Tar Pit

Creeping Tar Pit

Elemental

• Loyalist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1816 posts
BLS is pretty easy to drop when you need it to drop because Utopia comes out so easily, and there are plenty of Darks for you to work with. I think the 3rd Veiler would help it out some though.

Phantom Renegade

Phantom Renegade

Knight of the Abyss

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts
I got back to playing 9 Gadgets and I'm loving it still. The extra gadget in hand isn't so bad especially when they Veiler one of them. It also makes Ultimate Offering much more consistent and really, I wouldn't use Ultimate Offering anymore without 9 Gadget total. I threw in Limiter Removal; haven't played it enough yet.

DrDroo

DrDroo

Andrew Salazar

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts

What's your current build for this format Droo?

I'm wanting to play Gadgets of some kind this list as I'm bored of every other deck, but unsure which direction to take.

To be honest, I've only tested a couple locals for this format. I didn't want to go to toronto with rulings still relatively questionable on Tour Guide, and the next big tournament isn't until early October. (The Yugioh Realityshowwtf championship)

I messed a bit with Tour Guide, but I'm not willing to shell out real cash for it until I'm fairly confident that the ruling won't change. If the ruling doesn't change, it's going in the deck for sure, along with a pair of effect veilers.

From what I have tested with Gadgets, they are still tier 1. Storm is stil a 1-of, and virtually no one plays MST at 3. Also, the offering build is so fast that it can sweep games out quickly before LS or Chaos can get a real engine going.

Unfortunately though, I haven't tested against Agents. Which is a big deal. Hopefully steelswarm roach makes that matchup favorable.

I'll post here if I find something really good and new to use in the deck

I got back to playing 9 Gadgets and I'm loving it still. The extra gadget in hand isn't so bad especially when they Veiler one of them. It also makes Ultimate Offering much more consistent and really, I wouldn't use Ultimate Offering anymore without 9 Gadget total. I threw in Limiter Removal; haven't played it enough yet.

This is just me, but I personally don't see how anyone can stand 9 gadgets. With 3 pot of duality, hitting a gadget for offering should rarely, rarely be a problem. If you have ultimate offering, then that's an easy way to dodge veiler. If you don't have offering, then you're not really dying for a gadget, right?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: September 2011 Format, Gadget

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users